Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago). Looks like a nice day to play!!!

Heading to Collindale to play...I actually wanted an "easier" round at Mountain Vista but they didn't have any tee times I could make it to.

Been pushing drives out to the right so it may be a painful time in the trees at Collindale.

Well, isn't that the truth about Collindale. I suppose aiming left might help but don't hit it straight or the left trees will get you. Collindale is my home course. Play well!!!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Golf Galaxy is hosting a late-night fitting event for Callaway's new Epic Flash line next Thursday from 8:30-10:30pm. I might be interested in going. Lots of bars nearby, too....

As much as I'd love to, I'd likely come home with a brand new driver....hence why I had a Rogue in my bag last year! And that was without alcohol, so i would be doomed lol.

Plus we have a party to go to already, which is probably a good thing!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Golf Galaxy is hosting a late-night fitting event for Callaway's new Epic Flash line next Thursday from 8:30-10:30pm. I might be interested in going. Lots of bars nearby, too....

I got that email too. I was hoping it was for irons too as I would like to see the new Apex Pros to compare to my current ones.

Probably will have to go over as it is right by the office :rolleyes:

Got my first swings of 2019 yesterday on a FlightScope simulator- got to go through a combine type deal with my instructor and test driving accuracy, long, mid-range and short approaches. Then played a par-3 course. Was a fun session.

Leave for Naples in 2 weeks from Monday. 4 days of golf in ideally 75/80 degree weather as its snowy and cold again this weekend up here near Glenwood.

What’s up with courses charging so much when there is snow on greens/fairways? We ended up playing Family Sports cause it was only $13 to walk nine. I just can’t justify paying $40+ to play golf right now in these conditions. Even my beloved Links is only knocking off $2 when they have 1 and a half holes closed until March.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

I didn't realize how inexpensive it could possibly be for a Toptracer (formerly Protracer) range session.

https://www.toptracer.com/range/

The one in Arizona charges $12 for 50 balls (or an hour, whichever comes first)--if you get through all 50 before the hour, then pay whatever the current going rate is for range balls.

Hopefully someone in Colorado will invest in it (ideally Family Sports).

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago). Looks like a nice day to play!!!

Heading to Collindale to play...I actually wanted an "easier" round at Mountain Vista but they didn't have any tee times I could make it to.

Been pushing drives out to the right so it may be a painful time in the trees at Collindale.

Well, isn't that the truth about Collindale. I suppose aiming left might help but don't hit it straight or the left trees will get you. Collindale is my home course. Play well!!!

Scored about my average for Collindale when I got out.

Was able to stay out of the trees for the most part, but got really lucky on #3, pushed the drive to the right and was trying to hit a punch 5 iron to the green. It went higher than intended, hit a tree branch that popped it up in the air and then it proceeded to end up pin high on the green setting me up for a 3 putt bogey :)

So ridiculous; in general the whole golf industry should use more demand based pricing but the lack of winter rates in Colorado is insane. They know we're degenerates...

They keep charging it, because I keep paying it. Lol. Last year I did the GVR players club deal, so walking 18 this time of year was only like 23 bucks. I was kind of grumpy paying $45 on Sunday. It doesn’t look like I’m going to play there too much this upcoming year. They’re not doing the discount pass again and the rates are going up. I enjoy the course but not enough to want to pay 65+ to walk in season.

Speaking of winter rates... what’s COWrx’s opinion on Buffalo Run? Looks like their winder rates are 20-30 depending on when you tee off. I’ve never played there before. Is it worth the drive up there for us south-siders?

So ridiculous; in general the whole golf industry should use more demand based pricing but the lack of winter rates in Colorado is insane. They know we're degenerates...

They keep charging it, because I keep paying it. Lol. Last year I did the GVR players club deal, so walking 18 this time of year was only like 23 bucks. I was kind of grumpy paying $45 on Sunday. It doesn't look like I'm going to play there too much this upcoming year. They're not doing the discount pass again and the rates are going up. I enjoy the course but not enough to want to pay 65+ to walk in season.

Speaking of winter rates... what's COWrx's opinion on Buffalo Run? Looks like their winder rates are 20-30 depending on when you tee off. I've never played there before. Is it worth the drive up there for us south-siders?

I like the layout. Hopefully someone on the site played it this year. I did that $20s deal in the fall a few years ago and conditions were really bad with lots of hard pan dirt patches in most of the fairways and really slow greens, so I haven't been back since. Looking at online reviews from this year I don't see any complaints about conditions so maybe that all got fixed.

They keep charging it, because I keep paying it. Lol. Last year I did the GVR players club deal, so walking 18 this time of year was only like 23 bucks. I was kind of grumpy paying $45 on Sunday. It doesn't look like I'm going to play there too much this upcoming year. They're not doing the discount pass again and the rates are going up. I enjoy the course but not enough to want to pay 65+ to walk in season.

Speaking of winter rates... what's COWrx's opinion on Buffalo Run? Looks like their winder rates are 20-30 depending on when you tee off. I've never played there before. Is it worth the drive up there for us south-siders?

It's certainly nothing special but I don't mind it. Not really a tree on it to be found anywhere so it shouldn't have any snow left at this point. If anyone wants to get out for a round I'd be up for it. Looks like it's supposed to get cold again by the end of the week though.

Edit: I played it once back in like March and it was fine. I don't remember any distinct dirt patches or anything.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

It's certainly nothing special but I don't mind it. Not really a tree on it to be found anywhere so it shouldn't have any snow left at this point. If anyone wants to get out for a round I'd be up for it. Looks like it's supposed to get cold again by the end of the week though.

Edit: I played it once back in like March and it was fine. I don't remember any distinct dirt patches or anything.

Nice. If it's in at least average winter condition compared to other courses, it's worth $30. As seven dewey said, nothing amazing, but you could do worse for more money in Denver and if the wind is blowing it can be pretty challenging.

Buffalo Run is pretty challenging, I like it for the most part. Played it a few times this year...it's long and narrow. The rough/native area is pretty punishing, so during the season it really punishes wayward shots. Not sure how it is in the winter, assuming much easier without the penal rough and native grass areas. They do seem to always be working on areas in the fairways, so expect some ground under repair. Greens are usually pretty quick too (again, not sure how it is in the off season).

Buffalo Run is always a bit scruffy, even in the summer. So I don’t really expect their conditions will really decline all that much. It seems pretty basic and straightforward to me, mostly all out in front of you. From the tips the first par three (#4 I think) is a tough hole.

I paid $28 to walk Highland Hills in Greeley today. Unreal how good the greens are for winter.

Played both Westminster courses last weekend. $35 during the winter + cart fees. They are path only which sucks but with a 10ish tee time each day finished one day in 4:30 and the other in 4:00.

Some of the cups still had some ice/snow in them at Legacy on Saturday so a few pins had to be laid on the ground and the greens were shaggy as expected. Walnut was a different story on Sunday, greens were as fast as always.

Can't complain about playing both days on a weekend in January though

I just saw they are opening a new PGA Superstore up in Westminster in May. No more only having Golf Galaxy up here

That will be awesome. They seem to have much better deals on clearance stuff than Golf Galaxy. Which strip mall are they moving into?

It looks like it will be across the street from the Westminster Mall where the old Toys R Us used to be. Next to Lowe's

@CDM Sorry, can't make it tonight.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

If anyone is planning a larger purchase at Golf Galaxy, I have a $299.99 gift card I got for a TaylorMade Spider warranty return. I've got the receipt and am only posting this local so we can meet up to exchange. I'd let it go for $270 cash face to face. PM if interested. If not, I'm sure I'll find something there I HAVE to have

I'll think on it. Not really hurting for anything, but the F9 was intriguing when I briefly hit it a few weeks ago, as was the Cortex. 2019 might be the year a new driver goes in the bag.