To all the arm lock users

BrendanKre

I started off last year with the Accu Bio putter which is an arm lock style putter with a funky head. I ended up liking the style of putting a lot as I had very good results, but I wanted a more traditional style looking putter. In the fall of last year, I built a 43" arm lock putter out of old Ping 2i putter. I had GG adjust the lie to 76 deg and the loft to 7 degrees and put on a 17" super stroke grip on it and I was off and running. I only got in about 5 rounds with thus far due to the winter, but I love it. I am not a fan of the face of the putter but I have been able to put a very consistent roll on the ball.

I like the style so much that I am building an Evnroll arm lock putter right now. I am having a fiberglass shaft put in it and then plan on sending it back to Evnroll to have the head adjusted to their maximum specs. Their maximum will be one degree less on loft and lie than my current set up, but it should be close for a good starting point. It is the 375g anser style head, will be interested to see if it is too heavy or not.

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

Big thing for me, and I'm trying it bryson style really upright pendulum motion is to get the right length. He uses a 43" putter and he's 6'1" and im 5'11" and obviously there's other considerations but I could not get it to work for me at all and I realized it was just simply too long with my long arms and shorter stature. To be legal it needs to not extend past your elbow and I found the right length for me is 39" and if it gets any longer it just didn't work at all. The only thing I need to figure out now is that I've got the heel off the ground and need a 72-73 degree lie angle. The stability has been really good it becomes SO simple to just lock it in and rock the shoulders. Big thing to experiment with now is headweight I've got a kuchar model 1 at 400 grams which seems awfully heavy and I want to try more like bryson at around 360 grams.

Bryson's putter has a lie angle of 76*.

I will have to post some pics of my arm lockers...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

• 2 weeks later...

Big thing for me, and I'm trying it bryson style really upright pendulum motion is to get the right length. He uses a 43" putter and he's 6'1" and im 5'11" and obviously there's other considerations but I could not get it to work for me at all and I realized it was just simply too long with my long arms and shorter stature. To be legal it needs to not extend past your elbow and I found the right length for me is 39" and if it gets any longer it just didn't work at all. The only thing I need to figure out now is that I've got the heel off the ground and need a 72-73 degree lie angle. The stability has been really good it becomes SO simple to just lock it in and rock the shoulders. Big thing to experiment with now is headweight I've got a kuchar model 1 at 400 grams which seems awfully heavy and I want to try more like bryson at around 360 grams.

Where'd you get this info? I do believe you're right I went to 75 and it's still a little heel off the ground. My final specs at 5'11" and pretty long arms is 40" and 76 degree lie angle.

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

I hAd the Betti too but never got used to the 7* of loft. I use a standard putter played up in my stance. I feel as though my left leg,left arm and putter shaft are all lined up. Imagine leaning your entire left side against a wall. That's my setup.

I have a Betti that Was at 5* and had the same problem...bent it to 2* and much better...recently read on WRX that Kucher has his at 2.5* so he must play the ball fairly forward..

It depends on how they measure loft, there is milled head loft and loft measured from the shaft. I bet the milled loft is 2.5 and the shaft is more around 8. My shaft loft is around 10. I have multiple armlock putters. It all depends on where your elbows are, if they are bent and by your hips, then more loft is needed, if you hang your arms straighter, like dechambeau, then less loft is needed. EVERY PERSON'S loft, lie, and length is unique for their arm lock putter.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Where'd you get this info? I do believe you're right I went to 75 and it's still a little heel off the ground. My final specs at 5'11" and pretty long arms is 40" and 76 degree lie angle.

I asked SIK putters for his lie

What are his specs?

Posting some arm lock eye candy....

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

I saw that Adam Scott has started arm locking...

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

We had an arm locker win at Dubai today and an another one finish second at Torrey Pines. I put the over/under at 2 years from now until the USGA bans the method.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Yeah I'm afraid of that, for now, I like it because it works better for me. I enjoy playing for fun with a traditional blade, but it does work better for players, usually those that had a long or belly putter before. It obviously works pretty dang well for adam Scott and Bryson, and Kuchar for that matter. Look at the scientist, he wouldn't touch it if it was not proven better for him to utilize it. Scott hasn't made a putt since the ban, but sure did well at Torrey. Kuch is routinely putting well...Webb Simpson hasn't excelled but hes still on tour....

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Yeah I'm afraid of that, for now, I like it because it works better for me. I enjoy playing for fun with a traditional blade, but it does work better for players, usually those that had a long or belly putter before. It obviously works pretty dang well for adam Scott and Bryson, and Kuchar for that matter. Look at the scientist, he wouldn't touch it if it was not proven better for him to utilize it. Scott hasn't made a putt since the ban, but sure did well at Torrey. Kuch is routinely putting well...Webb Simpson hasn't excelled but hes still on tour....

Webb has made 5 million last year armlocking. I would say he is excelling.

And i was told Bryson had two different putters for green speed but its 76* lie angle which is what i was interested in.

Anyone know more details on Adam's putter?

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

You can always try a counter balance length putter with an armlock grip on it.

Works well for me, as I also play it forward towards left foot, as i am left eye dominant.

Seemore Giant FGP counterbalance model with the armlock2 grip fitted

(Need to strip the poly layer off the grip as the heat/humidity here kills this plastic sh@te, and replace with leather wrap)

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

Nice, let's get some more pics of everyone's arm lock gamers!

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Messing around on the puttin' green, 3 dead center from 12 feet...

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

We had an arm locker win at Dubai today and an another one finish second at Torrey Pines. I put the over/under at 2 years from now until the USGA bans the method.

Yep. But they will probably allow a free drop from yellow hazards to try to “ even it out “. Lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think it would be hard for them to ban arm locking. I say that because it was not very long ago they revised the rules and made the changes they felt were correct. It took a very long time for them to make the decision to ban anchored putters. Arm lock is not anchored, the grip end moves during the stroke...its going to be around a long time...which is great for me. Haha.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

I think it would be hard for them to ban arm locking. I say that because it was not very long ago they revised the rules and made the changes they felt were correct. It took a very long time for them to make the decision to ban anchored putters. Arm lock is not anchored, the grip end moves during the stroke...its going to be around a long time...which is great for me. Haha.

I hope you're right, because I've been arm locking for years and it made me a much better golfer. I swear, the first time I arm locked, I actually felt what it was like to hit a putt solid. And I think I've hit every putt solid in the 5 years since. It still feels awkward to me though; as Bladehunter mentioned, it physically hurts, but it's so worth it to actually make some putts.

Since I've seen a bunch of golfers on tour who sucked on the green suddenly turn into decent to great putters with arm lock, I've started to practice with a conventional putter, just in preparation for a ban. The USGA has a pattern. When the Adam Scott's, Webb Simpson's, Jason Dufner's, Bryson D's of the world switch en masse to a certain method and it changes their games, they look for ways to ban it. Doesn't matter if it matches the current definition of anchoring. They will make an amendment that includes fixing the shaft to an arm. You can make every argument for why fixing the shaft to an arm that they did for anchoring.

Get ready for it arm lockers. I'd bet most of my life savings on this method getting banned.

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I hope you're right, because I've been arm locking for years and it made me a much better golfer. I swear, the first time I arm locked, I actually felt what it was like to hit a putt solid. And I think I've hit every putt solid in the 5 years since. It still feels awkward to me though; as Bladehunter mentioned, it physically hurts, but it's so worth it to actually make some putts.

Since I've seen a bunch of golfers on tour who sucked on the green suddenly turn into decent to great putters with arm lock, I've started to practice with a conventional putter, just in preparation for a ban. The USGA has a pattern. When the Adam Scott's, Webb Simpson's, Jason Dufner's, Bryson D's of the world switch en masse to a certain method and it changes their games, they look for ways to ban it. Doesn't matter if it matches the current definition of anchoring. They will make an amendment that includes fixing the shaft to an arm. You can make every argument for why fixing the shaft to an arm that they did for anchoring.

Get ready for it arm lockers. I'd bet most of my life savings on this method getting banned.

I agree with you 100%. When the bad putters get better. They start looking. I’d bet with you. And honestly don’t want to see it. It would be easy to ban. And they hate Bryson so there’s lots of motives. Lol. ( mutual hate I think ).

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I hope they don't ban it. I've always been a traditional length guy and planned on starting to get serious and play tournaments again in the upcoming few years. I planned on buying an arm lock putter and really practicing hard with it for the next few months. Sounds like I should probably stick to the traditional length instead of switching to something that could be banned in the coming years. Frustrating....

The powers that be will act on arm locking if the rise of it's success continues and the next generation start adopting it in numbers. Similar to the belly putter, which influenced the anchoring ban, if Majors are won with it it will become a subject for further investigation with a view to, not banning the actual putter, but the attachment/anchoring to the forearm.

Whatever works.

Guys two hands are on the grip, you cant make the grip sit on your arm it's not anchored, but does rest against the arm and the but can release off of the arm very easily during the stroke.

Also, I feel like it makes my short putter technique better for those with any concerns of it impacting your short putter stroke. I have both short and arm lock putters and use both. When I am "on" with the short putter it is better in speed and line, but my arm lock is more consistent over all. If anyone wants to try it, dont let someone's speculation prevent you from trying it.

Also, DM me if you have any questions, I have put together multiple arm lock putters.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Anyone know more details on Adam's putter?

They talked about it a little on the telecast. Believe it was a custom prototype Cameron Fastback. 7 degrees of loft? 6 degrees per Adam Scott in Golf.com Wall to Wall equipment article.

My question - I've seen a few of the older posts in this thread note that they place the ball right off the left foot. And I've also seen that most of the arm lock putters are much more lofted because of the natural forward lean. But wouldn't placing the ball up off the left foot negate and add more loft to the putter in the setup?

I play it maybe slightly forward from a traditional. I think you need to mess around with one to see, people will have slightly different specs. The older betti models have way more offset to account for the higher loft than their last two models and would be played further back by most people I think.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link