2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Golf Course Logo on Apparel

BRS2014

A bit like wearing a tour tee shirt of a band you've never seen.

Lots of younger folks wear concert shirts. It's very cool to see folks wearing shirts from bands that stop touring years before they were born.

I wear my Smiths shirts and I've never seen them in concert.

On the other hand, I'll only put logo golf balls from courses I've played in the display case and only wine corks from bottles I've drank from in my cork collection.

As far as shirts go, I buy golf apparel that are overruns from the guy at the local flea market for cheap. They have all kinds of crazy courses or tournaments embroidering in them.

When I see people wearing Ramones tee's I make a point of asking their favourite album. Usually I get blank looks but very occasionally it sparks a decent conversation.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.

Making it your phones wallpaper makes 0 sense to me.

Much rather the shirt :)

Not my phone's -- your phone's.

Maybe you'll eventually explain your logic here (since you started a thread about it knowing the concept is odd).

So...you'd wear a PGA logo shirt?

(Like I don't know the answer already)

You know the answer already like you stated but for the rest who don't know me---- Not no but :censored2: NO!!!! :swoon: :pimp:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Lots of younger folks wear concert shirts. It's very cool to see folks wearing shirts from bands that stop touring years before they were born.

On the other hand, I'll only put logo golf balls from courses I've played in the display case and only wine corks from bottles I've drank from in my cork collection.

As far as shirts go, I buy golf apparel that are overruns from the guy at the local flea market for cheap. They have all kinds of crazy courses or tournaments embroidering in them.

When I see people wearing Ramones tee's I make a point of asking their favourite album. Usually I get blank looks but very occasionally it sparks a decent conversation.

Kinda like back in the day when I rode Harleys everyone and his brother had Harley shirts--- A lot of times if you asked one what they rode you would get the very same deer in the headlights look you described-------

if i wear a cowboys or longhorn shirt, everyone knows i'm not the 2nd string qb...

i won't wear a golf course logo unless i've played it. just my feeling about it. do what you like.

but i do ask people about courses if they wear the logo, just to see what the course was like, or where it's located, etc.

Kinda like back in the day when I rode Harleys everyone and his brother had Harley shirts--- A lot of times if you asked one what they rode you would get the very same deer in the headlights look you described-------

And in the end it's just a shirt.

If I see someone walking around Austin with a YNWA shirt, I'm not going to go up to them and ask them who was worse/better Diao or Traore to try and catch them out.

Who cares and you just come across as some smug anorak.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears------ Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off----- I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.

Not my phone's -- your phone's.

Maybe you'll eventually explain your logic here (since you started a thread about it knowing the concept is odd).

Cheer up, it’s the holiday season! A slow time of year for golf for most.

I fully grasped your original response.

Making it your own personal phone wallpaper makes 0 sense to me. Better?

Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears------ Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off----- I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.

No prob! I actually meant to grab the previous one without your reply in it.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I'm simply wondering what your thinking is in pursuing an article of clothing with a logo on it of something with with you have no association/experience. You must have put SOME thought into it, or you wouldn't have started a thread about people's takes on it.

I'm simply wondering what your thinking is in pursuing an article of clothing with a logo on it of something with with you have no association/experience. You must have put SOME thought into it, or you wouldn't have started a thread about people's takes on it.

It's a slow time of year, figured I would pose a question to drum up some different dialogue on this site.

I don't buy from courses that I haven't played often but I have in the past purchased another NGLA pullover because I liked the vest and it was a good deal.

It's a slow time of year, figured I would pose a question to drum up some different dialogue on this site.

I don't buy from courses that I haven't played often but I have in the past purchased another NGLA pullover because I liked the vest and it was a good deal.

Wait -- you've got more than one NGLA item of clothing and have never been? (This is getting even more interesting.) And it's really just because you love the logo? That's pretty wild.

Do you live in NY or anywhere near NGLA? Know anyone who's a member there?

With at least two jackets with their logo on it, you've got to get there. It's one of the wildest courses I've played. It's crazy and awesome. One of my favorites.

I sorta figured that but wanted to make sure---- Because I am far from caring what someone wears or what clubs they play either

if i wear a cowboys or longhorn shirt, everyone knows i'm not the 2nd string qb...

i won't wear a golf course logo unless i've played it. just my feeling about it. do what you like.

but i do ask people about courses if they wear the logo, just to see what the course was like, or where it's located, etc.

That’s how I feel personally. And I’ll ask about a course if someone is wearing something from there. It certainly doesn’t bother me if they say they haven’t played it, I just like to talk golf with people and figure it’s a good conversation starter.

My cheap buddy buys a lot of his shirts at second hand stores. Many of those shirts have course logos on them. Quite often somebody asks him about the course on his shirt and, usually, brings up their favorite hole on the course. My buddy lies to them and nods while they tell stories of playing the course. I just sit there and smirk lol.

I tell them it was four bucks at the Red White & Blue thrift store, new with tags. Used car, used shirts, used clubs, used house. Never learned to be embarrassed about buying what I can afford.

Who cares? My grandma used to collect those souvenir spoons from places she had visited. I never thought to ask her if she ever just bought some randomly despite never visiting. Hopefully grandma wasn’t a poseur.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

Wait -- you've got more than one NGLA item of clothing and have never been? (This is getting even more interesting.) And it's really just because you love the logo? That's pretty wild.

Do you live in NY or anywhere near NGLA? Know anyone who's a member there?

With at least two jackets with their logo on it, you've got to get there. It's one of the wildest courses I've played. It's crazy and awesome. One of my favorites.

Real wild!

As usual the great man Billy Bragg was all over it

Here comes the future and you can't run from it

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it

It's a mighty long way down rock 'n roll

From Top of the Pops to drawing the dole

If no one seems to understands

Start your own revolution, cut out the middleman

In a perfect world we'd all sing in tune

But this is reality so give me some room

So join the struggle while you may

The Revolution is just a logo shirt away

That'll make me the smug anorak then? Happy new year to you too.

Do people really care? Wear / use what makes you feel good.

Ping irons, TM driver and hybrids. Titleist bag. Srixon towel. Nike shoes and trousers, Footjoy and Ping layers, Proquip waterproofs, Mizuno brolly, Bridgestone balls, Galvin green winter gloves and a pair of old Dunlop mitts

That's how you could find me this weekend.

Anyone who bemoans, frowns upon or trick questions someone for wearing something with a logo that's from somewhere, or is mixed up with other logos, needs to get a life!

I wouldn't wear a shirt from a course I hadn't played, mostly because it's a conversation starter and that's not a convo I wan't to have.

"Received it as a gift" or "visited the course when they held a tournament" would both do fine. It's not like your walking around with a purple heart and have to explain your life story because someone asks how you got it.

I wouldn't wear a shirt from a course I hadn't played, mostly because it's a conversation starter and that's not a convo I wan't to have.

"Received it as a gift" or "visited the course when they held a tournament" would both do fine. It's not like your walking around with a purple heart and have to explain your life story because someone asks how you got it.

Sure, perhaps I shouldn't have said "played" but rather that I have some connection. I rarely visit courses and don't play them and even more rarely receive a shirt with a logo as a gift, so I don't really think about those things. To each their own, you can order a shirt from just about any golf course on the planet over the internet. You can probably buy Freemason apparel and rings, even Fraternity garments, or maybe a shirt from a Rotary club you don't belong to, or as mentioned a band who's music you don't listen to. As stated, if someone walks up to me in the airport and says, "I see your Bandon Dunes shirt, or your Masters shirt, have you been?" I want a natural smile to come over my face due to the fond memory and say, "yes, it's great." Not, "no, I don't even know where it is, but what a cool logo?!?" Once again to each their own, Do You.