Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

Just hit my TS2 9.5* set at the A2 setting at PGA SS on their foresight set up bay. Hitting ProV1 practice balls. First I put the Tensei CK White Pro 60s I have a 95-100 SS. Was hitting totally yards of about 250-260 with a nice baby cut which I never had with my M2 ‘17...

Next I put in the HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0 that came with the driver....same A2 hosel setting....250-260 yds Total.

Splitting hairs with either shaft but will try out the Tensei for a bit and then see if the Smoke can beat it out.

Coming from the 2017 M2 the TS2 is more forgiving and straighter. I think I’ve found the holy grail of drivers....

Way to go Titleist

Also bag the TS3 3W/5W with the Smoke 70S shaft

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hit my TS2 9.5* set at the A2 setting at PGA SS on their foresight set up bay. Hitting ProV1 practice balls. First I put the Tensei CK White Pro 60s I have a 95-100 SS. Was hitting totally yards of about 250-260 with a nice baby cut which I never had with my M2 ‘17...

Next I put in the HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0 that came with the driver....same A2 hosel setting....250-260 yds Total.

Splitting hairs with either shaft but will try out the Tensei for a bit and then see if the Smoke can beat it out.

Coming from the 2017 M2 the TS2 is more forgiving and straighter. I think I’ve found the holy grail of drivers....

Way to go Titleist

TS3 3w and 5w is a lethal weapon, I bag them as well. But since you prefer TS3 in fairways how come you chooses TS2 as your driver of choice?

There are a lot of pros out there playing TS3 driver but TS2 fairways. I rarely here one choosing the opposite. Just curios, I’m still torn between TS2/TS3 for both driver and fairways :-)

I bought a TS2 driver and fairway with Smoke and a TS3 driver and fairway with EvenFlow White. To this I also have my Tour AD DI shafts from 917 series for testing. I also bought the complete TS weight kit to play around with.

It’s pretty cold here in Sweden, so testing is not optimal, but I have access to a very nice range where I can follow all the ballflight and a FlightScope give me the numbers.

Today I just passed 2500 balls hit with those 4 clubs.( BTW I’m very pedantic so I make sure every ball is 100% clean before hitting so the clubs are still in Mint Condition).

But the result after testing this much? Absolutely impossible to select which route to go regarding TS2 vs TS3 for both driver and fairway. To make it even harder I cannot select which shaft to go with as well. All combinations has their own pros and cons.

So much testing - for nothing :-) But it was fun! :-D

There’s a name for this. “Paralysis by Analysis”. At some point you just have to go with your gut and pick one.

Good advice from my Amish granddad......it’s time to ”sh*t or get off the pot”. ; )

I have TS2 driver and TS 3 fairway. Driver, I want to just swing away and have it go relatively straight. I actually prefer the shape of the TS2 driver over the TS3 unlike almost everyone. I think the TS3 driver would look better in a 440 package, whereas in 460 it looks a bit blown up to me for a 'traditional' shape. For fairways, my main miss is low on the face that spins up a ton so the TS3 is a little better for me.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

Way to go Titleist

TS3 3w and 5w is a lethal weapon, I bag them as well. But since you prefer TS3 in fairways how come you chooses TS2 as your driver of choice?

There are a lot of pros out there playing TS3 driver but TS2 fairways. I rarely here one choosing the opposite. Just curios, I’m still torn between TS2/TS3 for both driver and fairways :-)

I went into the fitting thinking TS3 for driver and TS2 for fairways...I found the opposite once on the monitors. It really was splitting hairs for the fairways I just prefer the shape of the TS3 fairway over the Ts2 and it seemed to be more penetrating ball flight. Also the leading edge to me on the TS3 face looked more flush than a little bulge on the face of the TS2.

The TS2 driver surprisingly had very low spin when paired with the Pro White shaft. It felt a lot better and sounded a lot better to me than the TS3. With the TS3 my misses that went right due to bad swing (which I hate) seemed to spin like crazy. With the TS2 I had a couple shots off of the toe that I thought for sure would decrease in ball speed but found them to still hold up with my flushed shots that produced 140-145 ball speeds

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Well, I never thought the release of new drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade would be such a good thing for Titleist. Because now we know for a fact that the “Titleist Speed Project” is a real success.

Most online reviewers show the same thing.

TS3 will give you higher ball speed than M5, M6 and Epic Flash and a similar ball speed to Epic Flash Sub Zero.

I think they open a bottle or two of champagne at Titleist headquarters these days. Congratulations!

And from my own point of view it feels great to now that my driver gives me top-of-the-line performance, without looking weird or having turbolators, extracharging, misplaced neon colors or carbonish plastic or any other gimmick. Just plain black beauty with raw power ;-)

Well, I never thought the release of new drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade would be such a good thing for Titleist. Because now we know for a fact that the Titleist Speed Project is a real success.

TS3 will give you higher ball speed than M5, M6 and Epic Flash and a similar ball speed to Epic Flash Sub Zero.

I think they open a bottle or two of champagne at Titleist headquarters these days. Congratulations!

And from my own point of view it feels great to now that my driver gives me top-of-the-line performance, without looking weird or having turbolators, extracharging, misplaced neon colors or carbonish plastic or any other gimmick. Just plain black beauty with raw power ;-)

Amen!

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Well, I never thought the release of new drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade would be such a good thing for Titleist. Because now we know for a fact that the "Titleist Speed Project" is a real success.

I felt reassured with my TS3 after the seeing the m5/m6 numbers. Made me love the TS3 even more than i already have.

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

I stated in other posts.... but color me impressed! All I can say ... TS3 vs M3, both heads same measured loft, weight, and same shaft, length, sw. TS3 is longer/faster and straighter. Acushnet got it right.

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

I stated in other posts.... but color me impressed! All I can say ... TS3 vs M3, both heads same measured loft, weight, and same shaft, length, sw. TS3 is longer/faster and straighter. Acushnet got it right.

Music to my ears...need to get my backside in gear and get testing!

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

The TS3 is a very nice head and pretty low spin which is a welcome change from Titleist.

Unfortunately though, it just doesn't work as well for me compared to my M2 2016 and the M4.

Twist face is difficult to go away from once you try if out because it does reduce the low left shot or toe hook.

I'll need to sell mine on. Been gathering dust the last few months.

I'd still say to people to try it out though because it is a great driver. Just not a TM beater :taunt:

TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]
Callaway MD 2 58 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.

Just not a TM beater :taunt:

Wash your mouth out with soap Gem! Haha.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

The TS3 is a very nice head and pretty low spin which is a welcome change from Titleist.

Unfortunately though, it just doesn't work as well for me compared to my M2 2016 and the M4.

Twist face is difficult to go away from once you try if out because it does reduce the low left shot or toe hook.

I'd still say to people to try it out though because it is a great driver. Just not a TM beater :taunt:

My Honma TW 737 445 Driver is longer and better at preventing the lefts than any of your TM drivers, so congrats on overpaying...

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

My Honma TW 737 445 Driver is longer and better at preventing the lefts than any of your TM drivers, so congrats on overpaying...

Your signature would tend to suggest otherwise...

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Just not a TM beater :taunt:

Wash your mouth out with soap Gem! Haha.

:D

TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]
Callaway MD 2 58 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.

Read online from Jonathan Wall that the TS drivers have lead to Titleist topping the driver count at the Sony Open this week. The first time that Titleist has topped a driver poll since the PGA in 2001 and the first time at a regular tour event since the Buick Open in 2000.

38 TS drivers and a further 7 older models for a total of 45 with the nearest competitor with 32.

Certainly worth noting I reckon.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Read online from Jonathan Wall that the TS drivers have lead to Titleist topping the driver count at the Sony Open this week. The first time that Titleist has topped a driver poll since the PGA in 2001 and the first time at a regular tour event since the Buick Open in 2000.

38 TS drivers and a further 7 older models for a total of 45 with the nearest competitor with 32.

Titleist last won the driver count 23 to 22 at the 2010 BMW Championship ending Taylormade’s five year streak at the time. The 910 was very popular at the time. That’s the tournament where the crazy Jim Furyk locker room, blank check story originated.

Titleist last won the driver count 23 to 22 at the 2010 BMW Championship ending Taylormade’s five year streak at the time. The 910 was very popular at the time. That’s the tournament where the crazy Jim Furyk locker room, blank check story originated.

If I have duff info then I apologise, I was simply rehashing what Wall had said. Never heard the Jim Fuyrk story before but it sounds like an interesting one!

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

What story is that?

If I have duff info then I apologise, I was simply rehashing what Wall had said. Never heard the Jim Fuyrk story before but it sounds like an interesting one!

My apologies if I came off as “Johnny Correction”. That wasn’t my intention. You’re a solid contributor to the WRX community and I have the utmost respect for you.

I just figured a lot of people don’t remember Taylormade losing the driver count at that Tournament because it wasn’t a full field event. I think like only 70 players or so? But it still counted in terms of them losing the count.

I won’t get into the heavy details of the Furyk story but let’s just say Taylormade knew they were going to lose the count and didn’t want to go down without a fight. Furyk didn’t take the money, still played the Taylormade driver, and Titleist still won the count.

My apologies if I came off as “Johnny Correction”. That wasn’t my intention. You’re a solid contributor to the WRX community and I have the utmost respect for you.

I just figured a lot of people don’t remember Taylormade losing the driver count at that Tournament because it wasn’t a full field event. I think like only 70 players or so? But it still counted in terms of them losing the count.

I won’t get into the heavy details of the Furyk story but let’s just say Taylormade knew they were going to lose the count and didn’t want to go down without a fight. Furyk didn’t take the money, still played the Taylormade driver, and Titleist still won the count.

No worries at all :) I was more embarrassed that I might have misled the page in my Titleist geek excitement to share the news haha.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

• 3 weeks later...
Titleist won the driver count again this week, in fact they were number 1 in every single category , that’s got to be pretty rare

That’s impressive. What blows me away is the ball count. Sure, Titleist is always number one but I was told they have a higher percentage in play this year so far than they did last year. I want to say that’s it’s like 76 to 78% of the field plays Titleist this year, going into this past weekend, compared to only 72% all of last year. I know it’s early but geez, when almost 80% of the field is playing your product, that’s borderline monopoly. I know Titleist pays them to play the ball but so does everyone else. You’d think that Callaway or Taylormade would have more of the market on tour.