Scotty Cameron Prototype Mallet Pics

123457»

Comments

• justwellsyjustwellsy  972WRX Points: 3Handicap: TBDMembers Posts: 972 Golden Tee
    The comments in this thread are hilarious. I'd still be interested in trying them to see how they feel. If I putt great with one of them there's nothing a little paint fill won't fix
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 9.5 set to 7.5 (Matrix Ozik 70 X-Stiff)
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5 Deg X-stiff (Aldila Rogue Green)
    Mizuno MP-64 3-PW (DG X-100)
    Callaway MD2 50 deg
    Vokey SM4 54 Deg
    Callaway MD2 60 Deg
    Odyssey White Hot #7
    Ball: Apply for position
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • collindm1collindm1  173WRX Points: 80Members Posts: 173 Fairways
    4 in play at Sony Open...and Keith Mitchell Rollin CX-02
    Posted:
  • stuart.f.cohenstuart.f.cohen  491WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 491 Greens
    Hopefully there are a few heads, then just these! Something round like the golo’s or the mb/cb
    Posted:
  • WestonMaughanGolfWestonMaughanGolf Playing blades for 20 years Salt lake City, Utah 297WRX Points: 100Handicap: +1.5Members Posts: 297 Greens
    Everyone, and I mean everyone said this crap about the 2ball and it was one of the best selling putters ever.

Spider had a similar reaction, then DJ won a few and “it’s the best putter ever made!!!!”

I’m just glad that everybody realizes that the one putter fits all is a pipe dream.
    Posted:
    Cobra LTD Pro, 8.5°, Diamana White Board 73X
    Titleist 917 F3, 14.25°, 4th Gen. Diamana White Board 80X
    Titleist 816 H2, 20.5°, 3rd Gen. Diamana White Board h-90X
    Titleist T-MB, 3, Project X 6.5
    Titleist 681, 4 - PW, Tour issue DG X100
    Titleist Vokey, SM6 56.10, S Grind, DG S400
    Titleist Vokey, SM6 60.08, M Grind, Tour Issue DG S400
    The GOAT, Tiger Woods homage putter
    WITB
    Instagram
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140  4788WRX Points: 458Members Posts: 4,788 Titanium Tees
    wesstlee18 wrote:

Everyone, and I mean everyone said this crap about the 2ball and it was one of the best selling putters ever.

Spider had a similar reaction, then DJ won a few and “it’s the best putter ever made!!!!”

I’m just glad that everybody realizes that the one putter fits all is a pipe dream.

Add in the fact that this is about Scotty Cameron and here ya go.

Although this is pretty much how every new release of his goes. He’s jumped the shark, lost it, best days are behind him, he’s done, Xerox strikes again, why no carbon, doesn’t care about retail...

Same ol same ol. If an ugly mallet line signals the beginning of the end for putter makers they’re would be too many left. He’ll be ok.
    Posted:
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve  2643WRX Points: 506Handicap: 11Members Posts: 2,643 Titanium Tees
    I'd buy one (for $12 shipped). image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Posted:
    • Cobra S2 Max 10.5*
    • Tour Edge HL3 5w
    • Callaway Rogue 6h
    • Cobra Max 7-W
    • Cleveland CG16 52* & 56*
    • Scotty Fastback

Advertisement
  • MedsonMedson  2526WRX Points: 202Members Posts: 2,526 Titanium Tees
    So he drew the inspiration from the unique rock on the top of Himalaya ...

Just kidding. Dude, just release a flow neck 5W, SOLD~~~
    Posted:
  • gabeebegabeebe  103WRX Points: 31Members Posts: 103 Fairways
    Ranman wrote:

Maybe a little TM Spider influence in shape.

Copy Cats
    Posted:
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, Illinois 6154WRX Points: 1,429Handicap: 10Members Posts: 6,154 Titanium Tees
    wesstlee18 wrote:

Yes, but they weren't selling their ugly putters for 1000's of dollars or whatever Circle T's sell for nowadays.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140  4788WRX Points: 458Members Posts: 4,788 Titanium Tees
    lawsonman wrote:

wesstlee18 wrote:

Yes, but they weren't selling their ugly putters for 1000's of dollars or whatever Circle T's sell for nowadays.

If they could get thousands of dollars you better believe they would. A Spider or 2 Ball isn't priced lower than a Circle T because TM or Callaway is being nice.

Cameron gets that price because PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAY thousands of dollars for stuff with his name on it. Blows my mind what people actually pay for Cameron tour putters.
    Posted:
  • Rig14PortRig14Port  930WRX Points: 246Handicap: +18Members Posts: 930 Golden Tee
    Scotty1140 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

wesstlee18 wrote:

Cameron gets that price because PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAY thousands of dollars for stuff with his name on it. Blows my mind what people actually pay for Cameron tour putters.

Cameron creates that demand by NOT offering to retail the stuff the guys on tour are using - i.e. fully milled SS or Carbon heads with minimal branding.

Until Toulon/Odyssey there haven't been many options for these high quality fully milled tour validated heads available to retail. I think 2019 Toulon line is going to dramatically eat into Cameron sales. Toulon is actually giving golfers what they are asking for. Long term, Toulon/Odyssey partnership could lead Cameron back to designing "no gimmick" putters as Acushnet isn't going to watch their market share walk away.
    Posted:
    Cally Mavrik SZ 9.0 -1* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70X
    Cally Mavrik SZ 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
    TM GAPR LO 19* -1.5* Aldila RIP a 105X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW DG 120 X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54*, 58* DG 120 X100
    Cameron T22 Newport

Advertisement
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524  4608WRX Points: 435Handicap: 2.5ClubWRX Posts: 4,608 ClubWRX
    I don't know how they aren't already eating into Cameron's share... All I see on the course for the most part, are Odysseys. I couldn't get on the bandwagon for a long time but then I had to stop and ask why I would pay so much for another putter when an Odyssey can do the same thing, look good, and feel good... for less than $100. I think it's great that there are people out there who can drop a lot of coin on a Cameron, just because it is a Cameron, but it just seems really silly to me, and these new mallets are awful. I would have to agree with the flow neck 5... they would sell so many of those. I don't understand why he doesn't go back to basics and really offer what people want (regular people, who can't drop $5000 on a putter) instead of force-feeding us something that looks like a boy scout race car on a stick.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei orange 60x
    Ping G400 14.5 Tour 75s
    Mizuno MP H4 3i Aldila NVS HYB 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB X100 AMT SS1x 4-P
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50.12, SM6 58.12
    Lajosi DD201 chocolate copper 34"

• mrmikeacmrmikeac  700WRX Points: 549Handicap: 3.6Members Posts: 700 Golden Tee
    Tried one of these prototype mallets earlier today, after the first roll I was hooked, my garage door opened out of nowhere and my tv ended up recording the entire cooking network show programming from last Tuesday. Also ended up getting stuck in 1983, send help. This isn’t a putter.
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade Sim, HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.0, weight neutral, 10.5 Head dropped down to 9 Degrees 
    3 Wood: Cobra F9 Speedback, Atmos TourSpec X Flex 
    3 Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119, Evenflow Blue 6.5 
    3 Iron: Wilson Staff Model Utility, 21 Degrees, KBS Hybrid 80 Gram Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Apex Pro 19’s, True Temper Elevate Tour 120 
    50 Degree: Taylormade Milled Grind 2 Black, 9 Degree Bounce, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex 
    54 Degree: Taylormade Milled Grind 2 Black, 11 Degree Bounce, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: L.A.B. Golf B.2 Blade, KBS CT Tour 34” 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.