Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Years everyone. Hope all of your 2019 is great.

Mine got off to a great start. Played a new years skins game at a beautiful course called Baylands Golf Links in Palo Alto CA. 50 guys played at 40 bucks, so it was a huge skins purse. I had 7 birdies on the day coming into the par 5 18th and then dropped a 40 footer for eagle. There were 5 skins on the day and my eagle was one of them. Got a nice wad of cash of over 300 dollars.

How was your New Years Day? Because mine was pretty darn fun.

Hope all you followers keep track of my results down in Florida next week. I head to Orlando this Friday for PGA Latin America Q School. Should be good weather, fun course and good competition. I am looking forward to it. If you guys can't find the link to the results I can post it on here. Just let me know. Happy 2019.

• Like 1

Mine got off to a great start. Played a new years skins game at a beautiful course called Baylands Golf Links in Palo Alto CA. 50 guys played at 40 bucks, so it was a huge skins purse. I had 7 birdies on the day coming into the par 5 18th and then dropped a 40 footer for eagle. There were 5 skins on the day and my eagle was one of them. Got a nice wad of cash of over 300 dollars.

Hope all you followers keep track of my results down in Florida next week. I head to Orlando this Friday for PGA Latin America Q School. Should be good weather, fun course and good competition. I am looking forward to it. If you guys can't find the link to the results I can post it on here. Just let me know. Happy 2019.

Good luck Matt and please tell your Mom I said hi.

Since youre so close Stone Tree in Novato does $100 buy skins games every so often. We usually get 30-40 guys. Alex Franklin is usually there and sometimes another ex PGA pro from the area

Had the great pleasure of hosting Matt today at my club with two of my boys. Such a nice guy, and totally solid from tee to green all day. He beat our best ball, though we tried to hold him off until late in the back nine. I recorded a few of his swings, but just about every shot was dead pure, and he made every putt even when we put pressure on him! Good luck in Florida, Matt!

Typical good shot...second shot to our 18th hole.

[media=]

[/media]

3 wood to fringe on our 310 yd par 4:

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

GL at Mission. There's a few guys from my club in the field as well.

If you have time and want to play Bay Hill let me know.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Since youre so close Stone Tree in Novato does $100 buy skins games every so often. We usually get 30-40 guys. Alex Franklin is usually there and sometimes another ex PGA pro from the area

Alex Franklin is a good guy. Never played Stone Tree but I've heard its good. Skins games are fun and if the course is right they can be a decent moneymaker.

Hi all,

Both myself and Matthew's gf are here to support and watch. Course is tough, a good comparison would be spyglass hill in pebble if you know it. The bogies at the end of round were due to speed of greens and not getting them correctly, they slowed quite a bit late in the day. It actually happened to all 3 of the guys in our group. One of them 4 putted hole 17..

Anyway, its a course with lots of water hazards and uneven lies. Only one of the par 5's would be considered "easy".. On hole 17 unless you can land it in an area of about 4 yards square you have no opportunity to reach in 2. Matthew played late yesterday and he tees off in about an hour this am.

On a side note I only found 1 tiny alligator which was disappointing and he/she was only about 2 feet long. Lots of turtles however.

Regarding cards, winner is fully exempt, places 2-15 get 1/2 season guaranteed, places 16-35 conditional status.

Send good thoughts today.. Off to cheer.. :)

So, is the tournament just on El Campeón or both Mission Inn courses?

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

So, is the tournament just on El Campeón or both Mission Inn courses?

Just El Campeon, well so far its been a few days of what I might call "no breaks" golf. The good bounces the good lies etc.. Its unfortunate because even today with a 2 over he said he felt like he was playing well and just not getting the results. I would agree. One more round tomorrow and I believe he will have a shot at conditional status but not sure yet.

I have to share with you all what happened today. Matthew was playing great, he was -4 thru 10 holes and even if he got himself into some trouble he was able to save par. He had a few long 2 putts he had to make that made me nervous but his putting was "on" today. So imagine he knows he needs to be at -4 to get status and he has 2 holes to play. He is facing the hardest playing hole this week, (hole 8, up to down par 3, island green, lots of water and its windy. And there is a delay because we caught the leader group. Finally Matthew is up and he does his routine and is in his swing when some yahoo whistles (SUPER LOUD) and of course it messed him up bad.. He flew over the green into a patch of camellia plants with absolutely not shot to the green whatsoever. I was PISSED.. I was, I know it wasn't on purpose but when you are having a great round and the result is so crucial and that happens, man was I upset. Matthew was calm and merely said "this is just typical for how this week has gone for me" just very matter of fact. I was impressed, He was not feeling sorry for himself or mad or sulking, just trying to figure out what to do next. He managed to smash it out into a green side bunker which was a miracle in and of itself and then got up and down to save bogey. But that stroke cost him because he missed conditional status by one stroke. I felt he deserved to hole out for eagle on last hole but that wasn't meant to be. Im not going to lie both his dad and I felt nervous about him going to LA anyway so that's good I guess. My thought all along is he should go back to Canada, he played 3 seasons there and had success so it makes sense to me to go for that route. I told him I would pay the q school fee (he has not asked me for any money and doesn't want to but I insist)..

So I believe he will be going for it, he needs to go to q school for that and sign ups are in 3 days. It will be in March. He is headed to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow after dropping me at airport to do 2 web.com qualifiers, long shot odds though only 2 spots for at each course with a max of 120 at each site.

Lastly we had a fun and great conversation with Gary Gilchrist. His academy is on site at this course and we popped over there to check it out and he recognized Matthew and we had a great chat. When Matthew was a senior in hs they opened a small satellite academy near our home and Matthew was given a scholarship to train there his senior year. Anyway that was a fun perk, seeing him.

I have to share with you all what happened today. Matthew was playing great, he was -4 thru 10 holes and even if he got himself into some trouble he was able to save par. He had a few long 2 putts he had to make that made me nervous but his putting was "on" today. So imagine he knows he needs to be at -4 to get status and he has 2 holes to play. He is facing the hardest playing hole this week, (hole 8, up to down par 3, island green, lots of water and its windy. And there is a delay because we caught the leader group. Finally Matthew is up and he does his routine and is in his swing when some yahoo whistles (SUPER LOUD) and of course it messed him up bad.. He flew over the green into a patch of camellia plants with absolutely not shot to the green whatsoever. I was PISSED.. I was, I know it wasn't on purpose but when you are having a great round and the result is so crucial and that happens, man was I upset. Matthew was calm and merely said "this is just typical for how this week has gone for me" just very matter of fact. I was impressed, He was not feeling sorry for himself or mad or sulking, just trying to figure out what to do next. He managed to smash it out into a green side bunker which was a miracle in and of itself and then got up and down to save bogey. But that stroke cost him because he missed conditional status by one stroke. I felt he deserved to hole out for eagle on last hole but that wasn't meant to be. Im not going to lie both his dad and I felt nervous about him going to LA anyway so that's good I guess. My thought all along is he should go back to Canada, he played 3 seasons there and had success so it makes sense to me to go for that route. I told him I would pay the q school fee (he has not asked me for any money and doesn't want to but I insist)..

So I believe he will be going for it, he needs to go to q school for that and sign ups are in 3 days. It will be in March. He is headed to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow after dropping me at airport to do 2 web.com qualifiers, long shot odds though only 2 spots for at each course with a max of 120 at each site.

Lastly we had a fun and great conversation with Gary Gilchrist. His academy is on site at this course and we popped over there to check it out and he recognized Matthew and we had a great chat. When Matthew was a senior in hs they opened a small satellite academy near our home and Matthew was given a scholarship to train there his senior year. Anyway that was a fun perk, seeing him.

Luckily the last few years the number was about 65-66-67 I think for those qualifiers.

Even worse is the 2 spot qualifier for the Puerto Rico event in Florida , that’s actually Monday of the PR event but the qualifier is in Florida ....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BIG NEWS!!!! Matthew just got his Canadian tour card back.. I told him I really felt that's where he should be playing and my husband and I paid for Q school (he didn't ask, we offered).. Anyway after a grueling 4 day Q school in AZ at Wigwam resort he got his card!!! 6 sites this year, 120 players at each site and only 14 cards.. not easy.. Back to Canada and a pretty big league tour if you ask me.. So proud ux4elsbhgu7z.jpg

• Like 4

Congrats Matthew!!

Big Time Play!!

Continued success?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Thanks for all the support and follows. It feels good to get the job done. Just ignore that double on the last hole ;) Played well enough yesterday to afford that at the end.

My game was great, ball striking was on point. Whats amazing is my putter never got hot and I can't wait to keep improving that and start making some putts. I made the putts I needed. What was the game changer was my mental approach. I played with no fear or nerves. A I don't give a sh^% attitude. This helped me play smart aggressive. It also helps when I average 15 GIRs per round for the week.

• Like 1

So glad to hear ya say speak to your “game changer!!!”

At your level, it’s all Mental!!

All the Best,

Richard

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24