Very annoyed with Taylormade!!!!!

MRT999

New member here, so go easy on me.... :) A few rounds ago I noticed that I had a slight dimple in the face of my R9 driver. No idea how it got there, age I suppose. Without doing a bunch of research I decided (very wrongly it turns out) to contact Taylormade through their chat feature on their website to see what driver heads were compatible with my R9 shaft. I'm sure many of you can figure out where this is going... The guy on the other end said that ANY driver from the SLDR and down would be a direct fit on my shaft. I thought, great! I had heard the SLDR was a great driver & I easily found a used one in great shape on Ebay & ordered it. Obviously it didn't fit. I contacted Taylormade by phone and you know what their answer was??? Sorry, he gave you the wrong information. Sorry?? Sorry?????? Holy crap, who the heck do they have on their chat line???? That really chaps my a**!!! I asked if she was in the market for and SLDR club head that I couldn't return & she said I should be able to sell it very easily. Good grief.... Now, after some research, I realize I either need a different head or I must replace the tip on my curent shaft. The info out there is very confusing and in many cases conflicting. Can someone PLEASE tell me exactly what I need to fix my situation? Thank you in advance!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your options are as follows:

• All flavors of R9 (R9, R9 460, Super Deep, Super Tri)
  • R11
  • R11s
  • Original Rocketballz and Rocketballz Tour Drivers

If you want to replace the adapter with a current one, a reputable club fitter should be able to do that without any trouble.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Always a tough crowd here OP, but I hear ya. When you want info and go direct to the source for it it’s frustrating when it’s incorrect.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

Always a tough crowd here OP, but I hear ya. When you want info and go direct to the source for it it's frustrating when it's incorrect.

Gotta agree 110% on folks supposedly knowing what they are doing. More than likely that person on the other end of the line was selling catheters last week over the phone for a mail order medical supplier. Probably has no knowledge of golf period and can only go by the info that they have on a computer screen. It goes on in every business not only the golf industry. My wife says I play too much hardball when I state " I better darn well know what I am doing or people on the highways will die" Yeah I drive a 18 wheeler for a living. And I will be the first to admit we have some of those a**hats out there driving them that do not need to be.

For the OP's case he did state he was new so he may have not known about adaptors but he did come to the right place for information and got some great correct answers from our members

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Internet chat help. 1st problem. Always run by a kid in his bedroom somewhere. No knowledge. Always pickup the phone and call. Always.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Internet chat help. 1st problem. Always run by a kid in his bedroom somewhere. No knowledge. Always pickup the phone and call. Always.

And there is probably a 99.999% chance that the person on the other end didn't work for Taylormade when the SLDR was a current product.

I believe Blade is correct. I think the chat feature at TM is staffed by people who aren't actually TM employees. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have the correct info, but it's far more likely they won't be able to answer a question about clubs from 7 years ago.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

And to be clear. I mean any company. They all seem to use a “ service “ or something. My wife continues to try to use this feature and every time I end up getting mad listening to her gripe about the issue and then the customer service. I call the company and poof. Issue solved. It’s just a feature for people who think everything has to be internet related. Or that it’s automatically easy. Like the company thinks “ we have to offer this or face getting bad reviews for not offering the service. “.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Annoying yes, but I think you should relax a little. As others have said, it’s a very easy fix.

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15° | Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White 70 S
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White 70 S

Mizuno Pro 221 4-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Odyssey Ai-ONE Seven CH | KBS CT Tour
Titleist ProV1

For the record, I wasn't looking for any monetary reimbursement....I was looking for information. I have chatted with many places over the years and I have never had this happen. I have chatted with places when I had specific questions and they put me on hold, went to a bin, pulled the item and answered my specific question while looking at the part in their hands. I guess the golfing world is different.... The manufacturer's official chat line should be better than that. ANY manufacturer. I was the national service mgr. for a computer company and I know how they should have handled it. Saying "sorry" and telling me to sell it was not the correct way. Telling me exactly what I needed to do to rectify the situation was. They should have access to the exact same information imparted by some of the very nice people that have commented with constructive replies. I don't think some of you would feel the same way if you chatted with your computer manufacturer's website and were given the wrong information on what parts to buy for your broken pc.... I will DEFINITELY come here first for any other questions I have concerning golfing equipment!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Making mountain out of mole hill, change the tip on shaft.

You obviously know that and others here obviously know that....but I obviously did not. That's why I contacted the manufacturer. Chat was obviously wrong and the phone call I made was no help either. When I called them they could have said "I'm sorry they gave you the wrong info, but here is the right info. You can do a direct swap with these heads or you can swap the tip with this tip." Not, "Sorry, just sell it." No help whatsoever.... I wouldn't have been nearly annoyed if they would have done that.

You obviously know that and others here obviously know that....but I obviously did not. That's why I contacted the manufacturer. Chat was obviously wrong and the phone call I made was no help either. When I called them they could have said "I'm sorry they gave you the wrong info, but here is the right info. You can do a direct swap with these heads or you can swap the tip with this tip." Not, "Sorry, just sell it." No help whatsoever.... I wouldn't have been nearly annoyed if they would have done that.

Lesson learned and solution given. If you want one more piece of advice just let it go now. Once the mob in here sees this thread they will do everything they can to make you look like the biggest piece of human garbage on the planet. They will insult you and they will make you cry.

For the record, I wasn't looking for any monetary reimbursement....I was looking for information. I have chatted with many places over the years and I have never had this happen. I have chatted with places when I had specific questions and they put me on hold, went to a bin, pulled the item and answered my specific question while looking at the part in their hands. I guess the golfing world is different.... The manufacturer's official chat line should be better than that. ANY manufacturer. I was the national service mgr. for a computer company and I know how they should have handled it. Saying "sorry" and telling me to sell it was not the correct way. Telling me exactly what I needed to do to rectify the situation was. They should have access to the exact same information imparted by some of the very nice people that have commented with constructive replies. I don't think some of you would feel the same way if you chatted with your computer manufacturer's website and were given the wrong information on what parts to buy for your broken pc.... I will DEFINITELY come here first for any other questions I have concerning golfing equipment!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Usually a Google search before doing anything will answer the question or at least get you started on where to look for more detailed info

Lesson learned and solution given. If you want one more piece of advice just let it go now. Once the mob in here sees this thread they will do everything they can to make you look like the biggest piece of human garbage on the planet. They will insult you and they will make you cry.

:cheesy: Ok, that made me laugh!!!!

LOL gave you your first like on that reply :taunt: --- Good One

LOL gave you your first like on that reply :taunt: --- Good One

And the second from me. Got to have a thick skin around these parts...especially when you’re new.

...and regarding TM chat. I can confirm that I know for a fact that they don’t have “in house” trained people doing the chat.

I learned that back when the Spider Tour came out. I had a very specific technical question that any trained TM employee should have known.

The guy I talked to had no clue. After badgering the person about it I actually got him to admit he didn’t work directly for Taylormade. He was a big TM fan, retired PGA club pro, and he worked from home as a part time gig. Pleasant as he could be but his Product knowledge was pathetic. I corrected him twice about details and he finally admitted I seemed to know more about it than him and suggested I call TM during business hours.

Waste.....of....time.

Lol. The guy on the other end of the chat window was the same guy on that AT&T commercial who says "this fish is raw".

Just change the adapter. And as another poster said, you're busting taylormade's chops because they gave you wrong info for a driver that you were not going to buy from them? Correct?

Bust their chops if you were trying to order a new driver from them and they got the adapter wrong. But to be mad at them because you wanted to be cheap is laughable. C'mon kuuuch, you're better than that.

And to be clear. I mean any company. They all seem to use a “ service “ or something. My wife continues to try to use this feature and every time I end up getting mad listening to her gripe about the issue and then the customer service. I call the company and poof. Issue solved. It’s just a feature for people who think everything has to be internet related. Or that it’s automatically easy. Like the company thinks “ we have to offer this or face getting bad reviews for not offering the service. “.

Cleveland Srixon golf has actual cs employees on their chat.

I think thats very reasonable, you have every right to expect at least a certain level of expertise when you’re in contact with an OEM.

And there is probably a 99.999% chance that the person on the other end didn't work for Taylormade when the SLDR was a current product.

I believe Blade is correct. I think the chat feature at TM is staffed by people who aren't actually TM employees. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have the correct info, but it's far more likely they won't be able to answer a question about clubs from 7 years ago.

We all know TM has had about 50 drivers since then . ?

Lol. The guy on the other end of the chat window was the same guy on that AT&T commercial who says "this fish is raw".

Just change the adapter. And as another poster said, you're busting taylormade's chops because they gave you wrong info for a driver that you were not going to buy from them? Correct?

Bust their chops if you were trying to order a new driver from them and they got the adapter wrong. But to be mad at them because you wanted to be cheap is laughable. C'mon kuuuch, you're better than that.

But in good business and good common sense dictates this. The guy may be using one of our older outdated drivers he did not buy from us. But if we maybe help him now he may be a lifelong customer down the road. Good customer service pays in the long run