Morning Drive...What Happened?

DRRicks

RDD, Chantel was right you weren't paying attention!

TOTALLY KIDDING - couldn't pass that one up from this morning, lol. ;-)

Thought Damon and Chantel were hyping Spieth's troubles too much, but I guess if everybody agreed the show would be boring. That aside, Damon is Damon - comes across as genuine to me, meaning no "show" for the cameras - if so, that is what counts the most for me with TV personalities, as long as those personalities aren't jerks, lol, and he certainly isn't one. Real is good.

RDD, Chantel was right you weren't paying attention!

TOTALLY KIDDING - couldn't pass that one up from this morning, lol. ;-)

Thought Damon and Chantel were hyping Spieth's troubles too much, but I guess if everybody agreed the show would be boring. That aside, Damon is Damon - comes across as genuine to me, meaning no "show" for the cameras - if so, that is what counts the most for me with TV personalities, as long as those personalities aren't jerks, lol, and he certainly isn't one. Real is good.

Real is good, and he hasn’t ever claimed to be what he isn’t. As a golf historian, he runs circles around me. I lean on his talent every show and I’m lucky to have him as my host.

So is Paige gone now?

I see Chantelle is in the “discussion group” now. I really like her doing interviews, but not sure about this role. Easy on the eyes though!��

Paige is going nowhere for a long time (I hope). Great to work with.

I hope so too. I like Paige.

She was there last week! Does a great job as you know!

Watching it this morning. Paige is clearly pregnant again and likely soon to be on maternity leave.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

So is Paige gone now?

I see Chantelle is in the “discussion group” now. I really like her doing interviews, but not sure about this role. Easy on the eyes though!��

I hope so too. I like Paige.

She was there last week! Does a great job as you know!

Watching it this morning. Paige is clearly pregnant again and likely soon to be on maternity leave.

LOL, I think Jaime had a "Wei" case of wet blanket!

Thanks for the medical update!

Paige’s absurd defense of Wei’s career this morning was mind-numbing.

You do realize that they are paid to be over the top?

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

I thought she was reacting more to some of the other stuff being thrown out, I'd say more supportive than not, but didn't come across to me as making any kind of apologies or "defense" of her career, so to speak. We all kind of hear things different I guess, but I didn't think it was all that bad. The whole segment got pretty redundant, kind of like the endless Spieth commentary.

Paige defended Wie’s quest to make a cut on the PGA Tour as opposed to winning at different levels. She also stated that she think Wie is THE most important player to the LPGA.

I’m in total agreement that the Spieth commentary has gotten out of hand.

Lastly, I don’t know who the new guy (with the bid bald spot) is that was there all week, but he may be worse than the Hackster.

Paige defended Wie’s quest to make a cut on the PGA Tour as opposed to winning at different levels. She also stated that she think Wie is THE most important player to the LPGA.

Lastly, I don’t know who the new guy (with the bid bald spot) is that was there all week, but he may be worse than the Hackster.

Brendan Porath. Writer for SB Nation. I think your mistake is comparing others to me. They will always fall short, but they are still quite good

Brendan Porath. Writer for SB Nation. I think your mistake is comparing others to me. They will always fall short, but they are still quite good

There is no question that you’re the best part of the show...but that’s to be expected...you’ve “been there”.

So is Paige gone now?

I see Chantelle is in the "discussion group" now. I really like her doing interviews, but not sure about this role. Easy on the eyes though!��

Might be great to work with, but terrible to watch/listen to. Paige and Hack can give a woodpecker an earache.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

There is no question that you’re the best part of the show...but that’s to be expected...you’ve “been there”.

As I was reading your post, I thought you were going to say, "You've been here" :).

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Whoa there, that's just not right at all. At all.

She said Michelle Wie is "still relevant" despite underachieving. That was her premise, lol, "still relevant" - fans love her, her swing is beautiful, etc.

In response to Jaime, she made it very clear that Michelle MADE A MISTAKE and said it was totally "the wrong move" going the men's route and should have showed up, played and dominated am golf and that is what Paige, as a junior golfer, wanted from Michelle.

And in the end she said Michelle's story is of perseverance and had some nice things to say along those lines.

Whoa there, you are 100% wrong.

She said Michelle Wie is "still relevant" despite underachieving. That was her premise, lol, "still relevant" - fans love her, her swing is beautiful, etc.

She also made it very clear that Michelle MADE A MISTAKE by going the men's route and should have showed up, played and dominated am golf. You have completely mischaracterized her remarks in response to Jaime Diaz. Completely.

Everything that you said was Diaz’s viewpoint. They never agreed on anything. I don’t know what in the hell you were watching???

Whoa there, you are 100% wrong.

She also made it very clear that Michelle MADE A MISTAKE by going the men's route and should have showed up, played and dominated am golf. You have completely mischaracterized her remarks in response to Jaime Diaz. Completely.

Everything that you said was Diaz’s viewpoint. They never agreed on anything. I don’t know what in the hell you were watching???

Whoa there again. I was watching this (and actually watched it twice this morning, lol). That's what in the heck I was watching.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/

Jaime is right. Up until this point, Wie has been an underachiever. Blame it on her parents or injuries or pressure or going to college in her mid 20s. She’s the female version of Rickie Fowler. Michelle still has 10 more years to really show the LPGA how good she can be.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

And see edit in the post you quoted apparently as you were typing the "what the hell were you watching" bit, pretty sure I got it right, but the video speaks for itself.

Yeah. Still not sure what you’re watching? Clearly there is one person on the panel defending Wie.

NEXT...

Next is -

You said, "Paige defended Wie’s quest to make a cut on the PGA Tour as opposed to winning at different levels."

​That is not only false - she said otherwise, the exact opposite. You made it up.

Paige said she was still relevant and had a lot of nice and insightful things to say, but making up something she didn't say to bolster your interpretation of the conversation, especially when it's clear she said the opposite is well, just a little weird and frankly does quite a disservice to her actual opinions.

You don't have to fess up, but no sense digging the hole any deeper.

The show is horrible. I tried again this morning for the MD, why do I do it? I know it will be so poor. I was starting to think, is this good, and my answer quickly came when the hacker opens his mouth, always yelling and clueless, similar to Gary. Stop yelling, no game balls, and please, I could care less what you think or what you write down for a score on a white board.

I cannot believe Damon Hack has gone on for so long without anyone getting him some help from a voice or media coach. The way he continually emphasizes the wrong syllable is frightening at this point.

Damon isn’t just good, he’s incredible. Great person and great host to my buffonery.

Incredible at what? Good person/father/friend? Sure, I’ll buy that and admirable qualities all. But as a tv host, I think you might like having him next to you because he speaks like a child learning a part in the school play. This makes you look incredibly good, as we are all relieved when he stops speaking and someone else takes over. If you really do like him, get him a voice or a media coach. I know several in Phoenix, and would be happy to ask around for referrals in the Orlando area for him.

The show is horrible. I tried again this morning for the MD, why do I do it? I know it will be so poor. I was starting to think, is this good, and my answer quickly came when the hacker opens his mouth, always yelling and clueless, similar to Gary. Stop yelling, no game balls, and please, I could care less what you think or what you write down for a score on a white board.

I cannot believe Damon Hack has gone on for so long without anyone getting him some help from a voice or media coach. The way he continually emphasizes the wrong syllable is frightening at this point.

Damon isn’t just good, he’s incredible. Great person and great host to my buffonery.

Incredible at what? Good person/father/friend? Sure, I’ll buy that and admirable qualities all. But as a tv host, I think you might like having him next to you because he speaks like a child learning a part in the school play. This makes you look incredibly good, as we are all relieved when he stops speaking and someone else takes over. If you really do like him, get him a voice or a media coach. I know several in Phoenix, and would be happy to ask around for referrals in the Orlando area for him.

I disagree. Highest energy of anyone on the show.

Turned it on without even turning my head from the pillow a few hours ago and heard this "yahoo" kind of thing. Of course, I had to look up and rewind - Butch Harmon hitting a tee shot and downright gleeful! Kind of a good way to start the morning, but I dropped right back down and just listened for awhile. In response to a previous post, I didn't really catch much in the way of any opinions on the Mexico story line, just referenced that the story was somewhat topical without going down that road, it's part of the story you have to say something, but honestly, that end of it really wasn't discussed at all. Seemed appropriate. Gary seems a little "toned down" so far this year (it's early, lol!), but he's been good and I've always been a bit of a critic (whatever he was dealing with last year, glad it apparently worked out, he seems comfortable) - he's found a sweater-like sport jacket!

Not trying to get all TV Guide critic (okay that hasn't been a thing since Frank Costanza), but I've been listening this year more than last - can't see it from the dining area table and the puppy has "my" chair every morning, but I hop up for some stuff - like RDD on the range. Said the other day need more of this - still think a "rebuilding my bag" odyssey would be interesting if out of studio.