2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Anyone see the 12* or 14* heads during your fittings ?

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Was fit for a driver, fairway, and hybrid today. Awesome clubs and the fitting was well worth it! Fit into the Tensei Pro White in all three clubs.

Can't wait to get them!

Where are you guys getting fit? I called our local Club Champion and they said they didn't have all the 2019 heads in yet.

There is a PXG studio in Northbrook (just north of Chicago). It's pretty awesome!

Put in the order for the X with Tensei PO, am excited to try it. Like that the head is heavy (206g I believe) and its 45”. No one does that anymore. Plus I think the look is great.

What flex? Did you blind order it or get fitted?

Went in blind. I ordered from a local rep. Went 70TX same as the Tensei Whites I play. If I hate the Orange I can switch it out. Couldn’t do a Club Champion fitting(only local fitter with PXG). Such a tedious process of trying to up sell shafts that would come with the club for extra 125$ through PXG. Last time I did a driver fitting they couldn’t find anything better than what I had fit for myself. Just rather avoid the BS and put it on BST if I don’t like it. I look at lost money on clubs as a demo fee.

I like that motto. Lost money on clubs is a demo fee. I’m going to try that one of my wife too:)

Lost money on a wife is a demo fee?

Tried the new drivers today during a local fitting with the area rep. Head to head vs my G400 Max (Also was fitted for me), I gained 6mph ball speed, higher launch and lower spin. Love the sound too. Very muted. Kept the same loft as my G400 Max.

Probably shouldn't have read this, would like to hear more!

Dang you guys blew up this topic in a hurry

Was fit for a driver, fairway, and hybrid today. Awesome clubs and the fitting was well worth it! Fit into the Tensei Pro White in all three clubs.

Can't wait to get them!

Where are you guys getting fit? I called our local Club Champion and they said they didn't have all the 2019 heads in yet.

Local area PXG master fitter. IMO, Club Champion is a hassle because they're always trying to push high dollar exotic shafts.

Can't wait to get them!

Local area PXG master fitter. IMO, Club Champion is a hassle because they're always trying to push high dollar exotic shafts.

I feel like once I decided on M4 heads at Club champion, he deliberately put me into a shaft I couldn’t directly order from Taylormade. I’m not buying $2500 worth of clubs for $4500 no matter how good they are assembled. I swung PXG but shouldn’t have told him I’m a firefighter and could get them through the heroes program.

Can't wait to get them!

Agreed! Don’t forget about puring each head and swing weighting everything for more jack$$$.

CC is just a giant upsell...

Can't wait to get them!

I feel like once I decided on M4 heads at Club champion, he deliberately put me into a shaft I couldn’t directly order from Taylormade. I’m not buying $2500 worth of clubs for $4500 no matter how good they are assembled. I swung PXG but shouldn’t have told him I’m a firefighter and could get them through the heroes program.

How much is the heroes discount?

Can't wait to get them!

Agreed! Don’t forget about puring each head and swing weighting everything for more jack$$$.

Oh yeah, they can't even get it right....One and done with them...No driver should ever be D7...

Can't wait to get them!

How much is the heroes discount?

Heroes program discounts Gen 1 clubs for military and first responders. Gen 1 irons are $125 a club. Driver $295, woods $250, and hybrids $200.

Can't wait to get them!

Oh yeah, they can't even get it right....One and done with them...No driver should ever be D7...

Ironically my current PXG driver the X is D7. I ordered it that way with tensei orange and they made it perfect. Perfect length, swing weight and accounted for grip and everything. I went and checked it and the guy at the golf store walked back and said “D 7 point 0” and I was juiced. I also love hitting it. I’m not sure if I’m totally in the minority on this but it’s awesome. Can’t wait to play the new one.

Tried the new drivers today during a local fitting with the area rep. Head to head vs my G400 Max (Also was fitted for me), I gained 6mph ball speed, higher launch and lower spin. Love the sound too. Very muted. Kept the same loft as my G400 Max.

Man I'm sorry to be that guy, but sounds odd to me to pick up 6mph. I mean I think the PXG could be special too, but that's a huge delta.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

Well I will be hitting it against my ping next week....will report back after... B) :P

Please do as I should have said it's more of a PING knock off as there is not a driver out there worth $500.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

It's a PING copy with twice the price tag

What is the price of the new PXG drivers?

(HINT: It's not twice the cost of a PING.)

Just shows the validity of the post. Nothing but a PXG hater looking for crumbs!!!!

Some of the R & D team left PING for PXG so there are some similarity's as I had to throw that in there about being a PING knockoff since they Bob tried his best to throw a lawsuit at TaylorMade's P790's irons and failed. Actually there is no driver out there worth $500 so it's just a statement so keep your crumbs as you might need them being a PXG FAN Boy.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Just shows the validity of the post. Nothing but a PXG hater looking for crumbs!!!!

Some of the R & D team left PING for PXG so there are some similarity's as I had to throw that in there about being a PING knockoff since they Bob tried his best to throw a lawsuit at TaylorMade's P790's irons and failed. Actually there is no driver out there worth $500 so it's just a statement so keep your crumbs as you might need them being a PXG FAN Boy.

Why do you care what anyone else spends their money on?

Valuable post. Thank you for your insight.

I do have to say I like what PXG has done with the pricing on this driver. $575.00 is a great price especially with what everyone else is doing. In the beginning it would of been better if they would of said you know our pricing is high because it cost us more to order 10,000 heads. Now they probably built the hype up. Got more people into it. And then ordered more units. The supplier I am sure would give a better discount with 20k heads vs 10k

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

While there may be similarities those engineers now have free reign with their designs. It may not be worth it to you but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth it to someone else.

As far as I know the pxg vs Tm lawsuit is still going on so how can you say it was a fail.

Derp.

Oh I am definitely a PXG fan as they are great clubs. But I post facts and not senseless rambling that has no truth to it !!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Have driver fitting tomorrow. Testing only 0811 X model with Pro White, Snergy Black, Elements Proto, TPT proto 14 shafts. All TX in diffferent weight ls each model shaft from 75g to 100g.

With 0811X head weight at 199g and testing some counterbalance shafts will be going to at least 212g to get desired SW.

Will report back.

How did it go?

Have driver fitting tomorrow. Testing only 0811 X model with Pro White, Snergy Black, Elements Proto, TPT proto 14 shafts. All TX in diffferent weight ls each model shaft from 75g to 100g.

With 0811X head weight at 199g and testing some counterbalance shafts will be going to at least 212g to get desired SW.

Will report back.

How did it go?

Tested both Driver and 13* 2 wood against M2 3 wood. Current driver M1 460 7.5* so same set up in PXG 9* model turned down to 7.5*. PXG head set at 7.5* still looked really good and square. Ball flight with slight PXG launched higher 13* vs 11* with M1. Highest smash was 1.46 so a little low. Weight was added to PXG head, up to 206g to have SW around D2. Feel, sound and consistency of the face were excellent. Spin was consistently 1600-1800 without compromising launch so the PXG driver really delivers from that standpoint.

The sleeper was the 2 wood. Compared to M2, the distance with the PXG was the same but the launch to achieve the same spin numbers was around 3-4* higher. Feel and consistency were far better with the PXG.

Overall, once dialed in with the correct shaft the feel, consistency, higher launch/lower spin combo of the PXG will make this club a great driver. The 2 wood is a must if you are looking for a long 3 wood from the tee. Testing conditions were not ideal, low 40's and 20-30 MPH winds but both clubs gave a tight shot pattern.

Good effort! Hard to get fit in sub 60 temps...thanks for the update.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

$500 for Ping

$575 for PXG

My mistake as I thought they would have been much more as both are over priced