2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

i20 irons are now listed. I normally go the auction route but since I'm not in a hurry I figured I'd go

the Buy it Now with the Make Offer option and see what happens.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-i20-iron-set-4-U-with-Ping-CFS-Reg-flex-steel-shafts-Black-dot-std-length/132916816767?hash=item1ef275ab7f:g:4yEAAOSw2fRcOoHi:rk:1:pf:0

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

i20 irons are now listed. I normally go the auction route but since I'm not in a hurry I figured I'd go

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-i20-iron-set-4-U-with-Ping-CFS-Reg-flex-steel-shafts-Black-dot-std-length/132916816767?hash=item1ef275ab7f:g:4yEAAOSw2fRcOoHi:rk:1:pf:0

Make double sure you have permission before you put in an offer.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

pl

SLED Gemini

https://www.ebay.com...cOoHi:rk:1:pf:0

I'm selling not buying, lol....................and permission has indeed been granted to sell any of

my golf stuff I wish.... :)

SLED Gemini

I'm selling not buying, lol....................and permission has indeed been granted to sell any of

O K, good to go, don’t forget her commission for the permission. Usually a minimum of 50% for a wife.

All expenses taken out of your half.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thought the same thing when I read about Stuey's latest Junkyard acquisitions over in Classic. That he could play with anything. He didn't mention here that the 9 he played with the E2's resulted in a +3 score. First time out. The Master. "Just hit the damn ball". With anything.

I'd like to see the Aussie Blades he picked up off the scrap pile. Had a set of those briefly, thrift store find from a few years back. Zero offset, a topline so thin, could get a clean shave with one. Way beyond my skill set. Couldn't hit them worth a damn.

Don't mind some offset in irons. Don't really pay much attention to it. But E2's? Playing them, could have the oily wrist release, full extension and into the follow through, and the clubhead has yet to make contact with the ball. A lotta offset.

As my wife would say (and frequently does); it's all in your head! :lol:

You and I seem to have success with similar styles of clubs and I can say that I didn't have any issues hitting those BeCu clones that I have. The PW has so much offset it's like holding a toy train by the engine and expecting to hit the ball with the caboose yet somehow the ball ends up where you're aiming. :smilie_ping:

Ha! Probably so. Part of my thought process as I "bounce" back and forth between irons has has been to not overthink the implements in hand. Just try and execute a good swing, and make solid contact. Have to play mind games (the clubs don't matter) with myself in order to pull it off. Thrifted a partial set of E2's couple of years ago. Because I'd always been curious about them. But they sure looked wonky looking down on them. And didn't feel all that great, even with a good ball strike. Not to mention, the stiff shafts in them were a no go. So the a trial that was quickly abandoned.

The Hogan Apex's were in heavy rotation at the time. Likely not the best idea, mixing in a couple E2's in the bag simultaneously for testing purposes.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

O K, good to go, don't forget her commission for the permission. Usually a minimum of 50% for a wife.

All expenses taken out of your half.

Don't offer up much commentary with my buying and selling of golf implements. The less the Mrs. knows about what I'm up to the better. Not that she cares a whole lot one way or another. As long as no debits show up in the checking account for acquisitions. That's what the PayPal slush found is for.

GLWS Conrad. Will be watching with interest. Been going the BIN option with increasing frequency. Primarily for the longer listing exposure period. Been starting to cleanup, prep for sale, writing up descriptions, etc. of a number of items in anticipation of get them listed. Probably in the latter part of February. May try CL first, although never have had much success selling golf stuff there.

Kind of shocking how much crap I've accumulated. As I've been sorting through stuff. Lining it up along the wall in the basement, in the club storage area. The "goners" pile as I'm beginning to call it. The taking of pictures, writing of descriptions and getting listings up is a PITA tedious process. Then getting it boxed up ready to ship. If someone were to give me 75% of FMV for the whole shebang, I'd sell it all. Everything. Get back to just one bag of golf implements. And like it.

pl

plenty of snow to plow after yesterday's outpouring from the skies. Ugh.

My sympathies. How much did you get Sixty? However, better you than me. Keep it in Oh-Hi-O.

Winter has been strange up here. The lakes are not even entirely frozen over. Very little snow so far. Haven't had to use the blower once. And it's almost the middle of January. With nothing of significance in the 10-day forecast. Every day passed is one day closer to spring.

Which probably means we'll get hammered in April.

pl

My sympathies. How much did you get Sixty? However, better you than me. Keep it in Oh-Hi-O.

Winter has been strange up here. The lakes are not even entirely frozen over. Very little snow so far. Haven't had to use the blower once. And it's almost the middle of January. With nothing of significance in the 10-day forecast. Every day passed is one day closer to spring.

Which probably means we'll get hammered in April.

It looked to be about 5" at the most in some areas, 3" in others. Weird day for me, When I got up, I promptly woke up my DW like on any other work day, make coffee, checked on WRX to see what was happening, checked the news, then went outside to snowblow the drive so she could get out for work. She stayed home longer than normal, actually cooking some stuff on the stove as I got ready for work, then I filled my pill container for the week, which I normally do on Saturday eve. Finally she said "you have to work today?" I did a total brain freeze. No actually a whole me freeze, a shutdown like I didn't belong on this planet. What the heck was I doing being ready for work on Sunday morning? Why did I run the snowblower at 4:30 AM and probably pi$$ off the neighbors when I could have waited until the sun came up? How does Alzheimer's begin? If you think you have it, are you in the clear? When a batboy grows up, why isn't he automatically Batman, he already has the training?

pl

Huh?

Actually we were out yesterday morning for breakfast and to shop as we had a showing of the property. We were in the old downtown area and it began to snow as we were finishing up our breakfast. We walked to DW's favourite kitchen store and it was so peaceful as the flakes fell to the ground with few out and about and a limited amount of traffic. It is moments like that which make me realize we're making the right choice to go into the city to live out our later years. :)

Turns out that the prospect got caught in a whiteout on the way in from Toronto and was over an hour late so we had to find more things to do to kill time. We headed back towards home and stopped at the Power Center to get gas and groceries. There wasn't much snow up there, just a dusting versus the fluffy inch or so that fell in an hour while we were downtown. When we got home three wasn't even a flake that had fallen, just the telltale cold raw wind off the lake that signals snow is coming, but got exhausted in the lower city below the escarpment.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Kind of shocking how much crap I've accumulated. As I've been sorting through stuff. Lining it up along the wall in the basement, in the club storage area. The "goners" pile as I'm beginning to call it. The taking of pictures, writing of descriptions and getting listings up is a PITA tedious process. Then getting it boxed up ready to ship. If someone were to give me 75% of FMV for the whole shebang, I'd sell it all. Everything. Get back to just one bag of golf implements. And like it.

That's kind of where I'm at although for different reasons. Had decided to keep a primary bag for when I might be able to play; a secondary for #2 son to use should he want to play during a visit and lastly a single old school bag just because. Mind you, I think the last time that #2 son played back here he borrowed my clubs and my DIL used DW's, so maybe I'm over thinking this. It will all come down to whether or not I can get a young fella talked into my Ping/Titleist bag. He had showed a fair bit of interest last fall, but was short on cash having just bought an electric guitar. I'll be using a combination of kijiji and ebay. I've had pretty good luck getting rid of stuff locally with kijiji which will be OK for some, but probably not worth a darn for vintage kit.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I know where you are coming from Fella, as Sixty will soon learn the days are no longer relevant.

My biggest problem is thinking about something that has to be done, stand up to do it and as I walk away promptly forget what it was I stood up for. Usually if I go back to the starting point I quickly remember why I stood up. We have reminders come up on our IPads, that is the way we keep track of the days and particular jobs we do on specified days, apart from that who cares what day it is.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Got an email yesterday from Golftown, the local big box retail chain and they were talking about fittings. I'm a Leaderboard member so I get these mailings all the time, but rarely do a read any as they're all about separating you from your money.

At any rate, the gist was that there is so much technology built into modern irons that you must be fit to the proper type for your game. 5 or 10 years ago irons were classified by player type and marketed as such, now that's not the case and you should be fitted by ballflight. I'm not sure that's a new theory, but whatever. The implication is that without a fitting you'll never get the correct iron type. Ummm, hello? What about hitting a few irons at a demo and going with the one you hit the best? That always seemed to work in the past. Apparently not because one must have data... They go on to describe a number of different types of irons and which golfers they are best suited for. Gee that sounds strangely familiar, doesn't it, like the old game improvement, SGI and players' clubs classifications.

To sum it up it was just another way to say the same damn thing that they've been saying for as long as I've been casually involved in the game, including the "huge" technological advances that you must avail yourself of if you want to keep up. And oh, BTW, you'll need a side order of fitting to go along with your irons which included a little plug for wedge fitting by stopping the iron sets at the 9 instead of the PW.

There's a thread over on the Equipment section talking about the ridiculous pricing of new clubs and how it's now all about more dollars per sale rather than more sales volume. The above is a pretty good working example of that where you buy irons piece by piece based on how many hybrids you play and then add in an extra wedge or two where 4 is now the standard versus the 2 that once was.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I know where you are coming from Fella, as Sixty will soon learn the days are no longer relevant.

My biggest problem is thinking about something that has to be done, stand up to do it and as I walk away promptly forget what it was I stood up for. Usually if I go back to the starting point I quickly remember why I stood up. We have reminders come up on our IPads, that is the way we keep track of the days and particular jobs we do on specified days, apart from that who cares what day it is.

That's why I like a routine based on doing set things on set days. I know that bridge is Tuesday afternoon. Choir, Thursday evening and church on Sunday. When I golfed it was Monday, Thursday and work Friday. Curling was Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The weeks would just roll away like the receding tide and you always knew where you were in relation to the shore. It has been tough to adapt being laid up. That has probably been the toughest part because it's as much about the social aspect as the game. Kinda of why I'm determined to get back to the course this year in some capacity.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The only relevancy is that you wake up at home, not in a hospital, or worse.

About 3-4 inches of snow last night. Was out cleaning the snow, and brushing off the cars, about 1/2 hour work, doing it haphazardly. I'm not really particular anymore, just do it to get it done. I wonder how long I'll be still able to physically wield a snow shovel, or a golf club, for that matter. Situations can change instantly.

A bit in the doldrums, as my comment indicates. Amazing how time flies, just seems Christmas was a few days ago, and now, we're into the middle of January. Walter Hagen was right, " We're only here a short time...."

Stu someone is calling for you on the first page of the personal driver history thread in the Equipment Forum.

Glad to hear it's easy to lose track of what day it is, thought I was losing it, or was having aftershocks from Thursdays seizure...

I know Sco, 3-5 inches of snow, nothing to write home about, not compared to where I grew up near Buffalo with the Lake Erie effect snows. 3-5 here causes the 'let's go to the stores now and stock up on bread, salt, pepper, allspice, little Debbies, wart remover, artichoke heart' stock-up that people need for the 1 day possible power outage, fend for yourself, do or die, survival of the fittest, weather induced trauma that could be approaching if the clouds and planets and meteorologists line up correctly.

Thanks for the comments Reasy. I have never considered myself a good ball striker. I always made my scores with the wedges and putter. Now that +3 with a strange set of clubs is a little misconstrued on face value and can be misleading. That was on the front 9 of my home course which I know like the back of my hand. I know all my distances and placements and know all the putts and where to hit it on those greens. I guess in GC phrase I plod my way around the course especially that one. I can darn near shoot that with any clubs I have. It ain't my swing or ball striking it is my plodding and plotting

Now fast forward to yesterday we played the TPC course. Even from the gold (senior) tees it was a hand full for me and Bear. I do not know that course that well. Due to conditions of being sorta cold and wet there were some impossible shots for me and him alike. Now the greens were wind blown dry and would not hold. I played those Pings and they did not have enough firepower for this course for me. I know on a couple of par 4s we hit the drives good and still had like 240 up the hill to the green. You could not stop a ball on most of those greens. But the course does not set up well for the bump and run game either. Now Bear's son we call "Ballz" because he hits it so darn far it was no problem for him from the mid tees. One Par 5 Bear and I were hitting "layups" with a 3 or 4 wood and Ballz used a 8 iron. That course is set up TPC style for a power player. We have never played it in the summer when it was dry. It is a nice course and yesterday it was in good shape despite the weather we have been having. Bear and myself agreed at this stage of life it is too much course for either one of us. We are going to try it this summer when it is hot and dryer and see. But yeah I shot 86 was kinda pissed but it was not all my fault---- Like they say different horses for different courses--- This is a classic example of a course built for the modern game. I told Bear if we played it again in cool weather we needed to move up to perhaps the red tees.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Thanks for the comments Reasy. I have never considered myself a good ball striker. I always made my scores with the wedges and putter. Now that +3 with a strange set of clubs is a little misconstrued on face value and can be misleading. That was on the front 9 of my home course which I know like the back of my hand. I know all my distances and placements and know all the putts and where to hit it on those greens. I guess in GC phrase I plod my way around the course especially that one. I can darn near shoot that with any clubs I have. It ain't my swing or ball striking it is my plodding and plotting

Now fast forward to yesterday we played the TPC course. Even from the gold (senior) tees it was a hand full for me and Bear. I do not know that course that well. Due to conditions of being sorta cold and wet there were some impossible shots for me and him alike. Now the greens were wind blown dry and would not hold. I played those Pings and they did not have enough firepower for this course for me. I know on a couple of par 4s we hit the drives good and still had like 240 up the hill to the green. You could not stop a ball on most of those greens. But the course does not set up well for the bump and run game either. Now Bear's son we call "Ballz" because he hits it so darn far it was no problem for him from the mid tees. One Par 5 Bear and I were hitting "layups" with a 3 or 4 wood and Ballz used a 8 iron. That course is set up TPC style for a power player. We have never played it in the summer when it was dry. It is a nice course and yesterday it was in good shape despite the weather we have been having. Bear and myself agreed at this stage of life it is too much course for either one of us. We are going to try it this summer when it is hot and dryer and see. But yeah I shot 86 was kinda pissed but it was not all my fault---- Like they say different horses for different courses--- This is a classic example of a course built for the modern game. I told Bear if we played it again in cool weather we needed to move up to perhaps the red tees.

They build courses for the modern game but seem to forget that their largest membership pool are retired or near retirement. We all like to score well and sometimes the set up makes it difficult unless you are a top player. My local course have removed the set of social tees so all we now have are the whites which are the comp tees or the red which are the ladies tees. If you are a 30+ handicap and over 70 you can play competition from the ladies tees apart from that their is no choice the reason given was they wanted to reduce the course staff and the additional scuffing in the tee area had to be reduced to reduce maintenance, hence all other tees removed.

The other point I have problems with are the pin placements, sometimes they are absolutely stupid, only the very best players can score well with them, it defies logic when the majority of players are mid to high handicappers, I do like a challenge but sometimes they go overboard.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

They build courses for the modern game but seem to forget that their largest membership pool are retired or near retirement. We all like to score well and sometimes the set up makes it difficult unless you are a top player. My local course have removed the set of social tees so all we now have are the whites which are the comp tees or the red which are the ladies tees. If you are a 30+ handicap and over 70 you can play competition from the ladies tees apart from that their is no choice the reason given was they wanted to reduce the course staff and the additional scuffing in the tee area had to be reduced to reduce maintenance, hence all other tees removed.

The other point I have problems with are the pin placements, sometimes they are absolutely stupid, only the very best players can score well with them, it defies logic when the majority of players are mid to high handicappers, I do like a challenge but sometimes they go overboard.

For the last couple years, I've been playing the ladies' tees on some holes. Just makes sense, especially in the wet months, when my driver distance is less than 200 yards, way less. As I grow old, I may fashion myself a gorilla with 220+ on drought fairways, but 200 or less is the norm.

Got to face it.

Sixty, I have a BIL that mows his lawn after dark. He has no close neighbors,but still..... he says it is easier than mowing in the summer sun.

He is 81,and concerned about skin exposure.He has never had an issue with that problem, but he mows after dark. At age 81. Sigh.. I dont even know if the lights on my mower work. .

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Sixty, I have a BIL that mows his lawn after dark. He has no close neighbors,but still..... he says it is easier than mowing in the summer sun.

He is 81,and concerned about skin exposure.He has never had an issue with that problem, but he mows after dark. At age 81. Sigh.. I dont even know if the lights on my mower work. .

Sounds a bit like the fella that lived next to my in-laws. He was a bit of an odd duck, especially after his wife left. He wasn't much for keeping things tidy and it always seemed that if he got around to doing a few chores it would be at 7:00 am on a Sunday or 11:00 pm at night. I doubt he was popular with anyone when he fired up that mower in the dark... :wacko:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

There was a lady member at the club I worked at who was always fully covered when she played. Big brimmed floppy hat and a sheer jacket no matter how hot it was. She always played in the mid morning to avoid the worst heat of the day. She was a real sweetheart, always bringing in baked goods for the staff. When I made mention of the jacket on one sultry summer day she explained that she had skin cancer in the past and had to protect herself. I guess once you get a scare, you start doing things differently. I know that it has had an impact on me.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thinking on about tol's plight with the changes being made at his golf course. I guess that's something I'm not really going to have to worry about having the advantage of having a multitude of courses within easy driving distance. I've always felt quite blessed in this area to have the choice that we do from high end championship courses, to heritage courses to executive length. There's something for everyone with the majority at affordable prices. If one course starts to make changes that spoils your enjoyment, you simply move on to another.

I still like Old Knollwood about as well as any. It's a mature parkland course with tight holes and challenging greens that plays right at 5000 from the whites. Perfect for the senior golfer and at $45 for a round with a cart it isn't over priced. They also have a beautiful clubhouse that's built into an old barn. Nothing like sitting on the patio with a G&T in hand as the breeze blows through the trees overlooking the 18th green following your round. :yes:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Much the same case here as well. A plethora of courses to play with a variety of price points. I/we do not have to play a course that we don't care for. Move on to the next. And during the week, with senior pricing, we rarely pay more than $30.00.

I loathe playing any so called "modern design" golf courses. By that I mean those with landing zones, long carries over swale and marsh. Target golf as I call it. Just don't do anything for me. Much preferring parkland and/or links style courses. I don't mind if the course is difficult. Narrow driving holes. Lots of sand traps. Contoured and fast greens. But the one requirement is to be able to whack a reasonably straight shot, go find it and repeat. Having to lay up with a short iron from 175 yards because of the hazard zone guarding the front of a green is not my idea of a fun experience. Let me have a go of it, and if I mishit, I'm just short of the green is all. Not a lost ball.

Idk, everyone has a good time with playing the mixed bag of course we frequent. Challenging enough for all of us, but not so overwhelmingly difficult as to detract from the day's outing. We know where we like to play, about 6 courses on regular rotation, and that's what we keep playing every week.

Fine day today for the installation, tank delivered 7am installer arrived 7.30, let the fun begin.

Man, you are tanked, those should take care of you for years to come. I was lookin' at them trying to figure out what they reminded me of...

Mad Skilz Sixty!

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)