Spieth back to old Driver

Jeffyr11

Thought that it was interesting to see Jordan Speith went back to his old driver to start the year.

Titleist TSR3 8.25* | Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylor Made Stealth2+ 4W 15.75* | Ventus TR Blue 8 TX

Titleist TSR2 7W 20.25* | Tensei 1K Black 85 TX

Titleist T200 Utility 4i | Tensei 1K Black 95X

Titleist T150 (5-P) | Project X 6.0

Titleist SM9 50F/55S/60LBK | Project X 6.0

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini DB

Titleist Pro V1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought that it was interesting to see Jordan Speith went back to his old driver to start the year.

I thought he took the TS2 out last year after one tournament because it wasn't spinny enough http://www.golfwrx.c...ieth-2018-witb/

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I thought he took the TS2 out last year after one tournament because it wasn't skinny enough http://www.golfwrx.c...ieth-2018-witb/

Just hard to believe with how much hype has been given towards the new Titleist drivers and they can't get him to stick with it.

Titleist TSR3 8.25* | Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylor Made Stealth2+ 4W 15.75* | Ventus TR Blue 8 TX

Titleist TSR2 7W 20.25* | Tensei 1K Black 85 TX

Titleist T200 Utility 4i | Tensei 1K Black 95X

Titleist T150 (5-P) | Project X 6.0

Titleist SM9 50F/55S/60LBK | Project X 6.0

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini DB

Titleist Pro V1

I thought he took the TS2 out last year after one tournament because it wasn't skinny enough http://www.golfwrx.c...ieth-2018-witb/

Just hard to believe with how much hype has been given towards the new Titleist drivers and they can't get him to stick with it.

He'll get into it in the next few months. Spieth is a little slow to change into the new equipment. Either way, Titleist won this week's driver count, ball count, and iron count. They've gotta be really happy no matter what driver Spieth is playing.

Ping Vault Arna

Its because the ts stuff is horrible.

Dont buy it.

Just joking.

His game is off, it isnt the clubs. It's all in his head

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Guys at that level aren’t looking for 3 yards. He’s looking for more fairways. Lower spin equals wider dispersion most times.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Titleist is #1 driver being played this week. Don’t think they are concerned.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

TS drivers are great and have impressed me and made me switch but.... The TS drivers have been out now. The new TM and Callaway and others are just showing up for the tour guys. Tour Vans are not present on the Hawaii swing. Once other OEM’s have the chance to get the drivers in players hands and fitted I am interested to see what the driver count looks like at that time.

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

How does a normal civilian get access to the Darrell equipment survey?

Contact Darrell.

You’re just on fire now!

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X

Mizuno ST Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5 @ 45.25”
ON ORDER: Mizuno ST Max 230 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 19.0 @ 17.0 UST Lin-Q Blue 75 F5

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

🤔 Titleist Vokey SM9 60 K Grind 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

It has been known for over a month that Titleist was going to spend what it needed to get the driver numbers this year. so this week is not a surprise. They are THE company to pay inducement dollars to play their drivers this year.

While in the past they were only paying for Ball-Shoes-gloves. They are putting a lot of effort and money into the TS drivers for tour numbers counts. The issue is that while in the past the Titleist drivers were more accurate than long. They want to break out of that image. The early problem for them is that the TS series is much less accurate than their drivers of the past and while they seem to have gotten more competitive in distance they are not longer than the new stuff of TM, Callaway and Ping.

And now they are more "directionally challenged". I have played with some bombers who have tried them out and have quickly gone back to what they were playing previously. We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks on tour. If money rules it will be interesting to see.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  STEALTH 2 Plus 8.0 driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

It has been known for over a month that Titleist was going to spend what it needed to get the driver numbers this year. so this week is not a surprise. They are THE company to pay inducement dollars to play their drivers this year.

While in the past they were only paying for Ball-Shoes-gloves. They are putting a lot of effort and money into the TS drivers for tour numbers counts. The issue is that while in the past the Titleist drivers were more accurate than long. They want to break out of that image. The early problem for them is that the TS series is much less accurate than their drivers of the past and while they seem to have gotten more competitive in distance they are not longer than the new stuff of TM, Callaway and Ping.

And now they are more "directionally challenged". I have played with some bombers who have tried them out and have quickly gone back to what they were playing previously. We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks on tour. If money rules it will be interesting to see.

A blanket statement by a guy with a full cohort of TM stuff in his signature.

I thought that Charles Howell III was pretty straight with his Titleist TS3 driver last fall.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Straight cash homie

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Contact Darrell.

Which one?

Nice!

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

This thread is funny. He didn’t “ go back “ to the 915. He never left it. He used the TS something for 3 rounds. And drove it poorly even for his standards. There’s no switch back. It was a test that failed.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

While in the past they were only paying for Ball-Shoes-gloves.

Interesting. Titleist never paid driver tee-up money in the past, but now they are? As another poster pointed out, will be neat to see how Titleist’s tee up money works when the Callaway and TaylorMade trucks are at Tour stops. Will Titleist still be number one.

Ping Vault Arna

I thought that Charles Howell III was pretty straight with his Titleist TS3 driver last fall.

Well you can make it what you want. None of what I have said is not true. If you follow what everyone plays you will see and know that I have various clubs from almost all the manufactures in my bag over time including Titleist, Callaway, Cleveland, Srixon, MacGregor, Bobby Jones Golf, Cobra, Ping and more. Unless you work for Acushnet, I would wager I may have more of their clubs in my house than you do. Only recently I have I ever had this much TM gear in my bag. I will be at the PGA Show in a week and a half. So this line up could be subject to change. I have some pretty specific playing goals that are of the utmost importance to me and while I am close to many people at the major golf equipment companies beyond TM, they know that in the end I am about using what works best for me to reach my goals. I will be testing a lot of equipment at the Show (and TM is not there this year), if something is better I will switch. It is all about the results.

I am sure that Titleist will have good fits. But this new series has been talked about as being stronger distances more competitive but not necessarily as controllable and that is coming from others. We'll see. I will be doing some testing on the new Titleist Fairways in the near future along with new models from Callaways and Cobras maybe more.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  STEALTH 2 Plus 8.0 driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Well you can make it what you want. None of what I have said is not true. If you follow what everyone plays you will see and know that I have various clubs from almost all the manufactures in my bag over time including Titleist, Callaway, Cleveland, Srixon, MacGregor, Bobby Jones Golf, Cobra, Ping and more. Unless you work for Acushnet, I would wager I may have more of their clubs in my house than you do. Only recently I have I ever had this much TM gear in my bag. I will be at the PGA Show in a week and a half. So this line up could be subject to change. I have some pretty specific playing goals that are of the utmost importance to me and while I am close to many people at the major golf equipment companies beyond TM, they know that in the end I am about using what works best for me to reach my goals. I will be testing a lot of equipment at the Show (and TM is not there this year), if something is better I will switch. It is all about the results.

I am sure that Titleist will have good fits. But this new series has been talked about as being stronger distances more competitive but not necessarily as controllable and that is coming from others. We'll see. I will be doing some testing on the new Titleist Fairways in the near future along with new models from Callaways and Cobras maybe more.

I can believe what you are saying.

For me TS3 competed on centres strikes but seemed less forgiving than Callaway, Taylormade and Ping. The sound also isn’t great.

I love Titleist and really wanted to bag the new driver but it just wasn’t as as good as other drivers. That said if someone paid me to play it I am sure I could make it work.

I think it's more the shaft than anything. He has not driven the ball well since he went to the IZ shaft.. just my observation.

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

I dont think any company makes crappy equipment, might not fit someone's eye. Speith is in his own head, something has to give.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

I haven’t seen any consensus discussion saying the new lineup is far less accurate than the 915/917 lineup. Can anyone point to players really saying that? Spieth has always had a hard time hitting any driver accurately — his entire career. He would hit a Ping sideways. He always has been a scrambler.

The only real surprise I’ve heard is how most pros prefer the TS3 over the TS2 in driver, but those same guys opt for the TS2 in fairway woods. The only other thing I have heard is the TS lineup is the longest and most forgiving on off-center strikes of any Titleist driver ever made.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I can believe what you are saying.

For me TS3 competed on centres strikes but seemed less forgiving than Callaway, Taylormade and Ping. The sound also isn’t great.

I love Titleist and really wanted to bag the new driver but it just wasn’t as as good as other drivers. That said if someone paid me to play it I am sure I could make it work.

I’ve had the exact opposite experience. Go figure.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX