Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

I find Ricks review slightly flawed as he didn't hit his gamer at all, just stated his "usual speeds" and then said it was slower than his gamer...even though in testing vs last years product it was faster...

His reviews aren't very good anymore. Neither are crossfield's. Except for the fact that he hits it a mile, Alex from Golfbox gives the best reviews now.

Rick basically stopped doing reviews of fairways and hybrids...

Wonder why all the equipment reviewers are british? (Yes, I know Alex is an aussie)

Maybe someone is getting a check from a manufacturer now ?

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

I find Ricks review slightly flawed as he didn't hit his gamer at all, just stated his "usual speeds" and then said it was slower than his gamer...even though in testing vs last years product it was faster...

His reviews aren't very good anymore. Neither are crossfield's. Except for the fact that he hits it a mile, Alex from Golfbox gives the best reviews now.

Wonder why all the equipment reviewers are british? (Yes, I know Alex is an aussie)

Alex is a brit! He just lives in Aus

My fittings heads are expected to arrive Tomorrow. Testing will be done

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

since it looks like the standard shafts that big box stores will be getting are Tensei Orange and Hrzdus Smoke, are they doing anything different with these two to get the same D4 swingweight advertised? Different length shafts maybe? I though since the Orange is counterbalanced it would come in a few points lower then the smoke if it was the same length and head weight.

Would you do cross testing with other heads?

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

I don't think the non pro orange is anywhere as counterbalanced as the pro orange which is 3 swt points.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

That would seem to go again the marketing claim. But, I don't know what their target CT is for retail and tour heads. If they put too much goo in a head, do they just send it through? I would doubt they'd fail it. Maybe they can't get it out easily once it's in.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

In the past I've seen those same pictures with the "amino vital" towel associated with counterfeit heads for what its worth.

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

In the past I've seen those same pictures with the "amino vital" towel associated with counterfeit heads for what its worth.

A bit of a stretch given he’s got almost 1,200 positive feedback at 100% rating.

So much for the whole maxed out CT thing...239/240/245 https://rover.ebay.c...tm/123592420541
A bit of a stretch given he’s got almost 1,200 positive feedback at 100% rating.

I'm no expert, just relaying what I have seen in the past, but that towel was definitely in pictures of reported to be counterfeit heads. I could wrong for sure, just passing along info.

Edit: here is where i saw it - https://thepeoplesclubs.com/blog/Fake2017/

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

Dangit! I read 'cross dressing' and spit coffee all over my laptop.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

It’s a fake head

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

So much for the whole maxed out CT thing...239/240/245 https://rover.ebay.c...tm/123592420541

A bit of a stretch given he's got almost 1,200 positive feedback at 100% rating.

Confirmed counterfeit

JWF

ALL Taylormade :)

Counterfeit or not, I don't think you are going to see much difference in Tour Issue head CT over any previous TM tour issue. That range is probably more than acceptable and where I would hope most of the retail heads will fall seeing many of their past retail heads are low CT according to many insiders.

Yeah, since when did we sound like that!

A bit of a stretch given he's got almost 1,200 positive feedback at 100% rating.

Confirmed counterfeit

JWF

I trust your opinion given your reputation, but confirmed by who or how? Really shocking to hear! given his volume of transactions and the fact no one has left a negative feedback yet if he’s regularly dealing in fakes. You’d think at least one person would have noticed by now. Also, surprising to me they would have already knocked off the tour spec stickers, especially given the new 3rd CT measurement which I had not seen or heard of prior to now. To me, these lower CT numbers fit right in line with the low ball speed/smash factor reviews some have been claiming. I was expecting that if their marketing claims were true, most heads would be a bare minimum of something like 245 and up across the face. I mean they have their “proprietary” algorithm that allows them to dial the heads back to just barely legal, right? To me, a true testament of that will be seeing the numbers on the heads in the tour van drawers. Albeit, I wouldn’t put it past TM or any OEM to even further hand select heads to fit this narrative and use it in the Marketing/Social content they push out (Trottie, etc.). My opinion doesn’t change regardless of whether the head is proven to be fake or not, it’s just that as manufacturers have to dig deeper and deeper into their bag of tricks with current USGA regulations and take fliers on ideas to keep the golfing public interested, sometimes they aren’t always going to work out and to me the proof is in the pudding on the actual specs on the head.

Yes. I always start with my 2016 M2. Then test everything against it. I typically hit my M2 first every time. That way numbers are fair test due to swing variance. Nothing worse than being “on” one day and keeping those numbers to compare against another driver on a day when the swing is garbage.

I did testing last night with my M2 and the Cobra F9. When all the heads come in I’ll test all of them against one another.

Numbers from last night from my simulator...5 ball avg...TP5 golf ball

M2: 10.5 (set 1 notch higher) KK Silv 60 Stiff

Total Dist-287

Ball speed-156.3

Launch-11.2

Spin-2774

F9: 10.5 (set std) Atmos Tour Spec Blue 60 Stiff

Total-296

Ball Speed-156.4

Launch-8.2

Spin-2184

I set the drivers as close the the same as possible. When the TM heads come in, I’ll use my KK Silv on all to eliminate that variable. I’m about two weeks my new Fitting Center will be finished at our driving range. I’ll retest then on Flightscope.

Yes. I always start with my 2016 M2. Then test everything against it. I typically hit my M2 first every time. That way numbers are fair test due to swing variance. Nothing worse than being “on” one day and keeping those numbers to compare against another driver on a day when the swing is garbage.

I did testing last night with my M2 and the Cobra F9. When all the heads come in I’ll test all of them against one another.

Total Dist-287

Ball speed-156.3

Launch-11.2

Spin-2774

Total-296

Ball Speed-156.4

Launch-8.2

Spin-2184

I set the drivers as close the the same as possible. When the TM heads come in, I’ll use my KK Silv on all to eliminate that variable. I’m about two weeks my new Fitting Center will be finished at our driving range. I’ll retest then on Flightscope.

This is a terrific regimen you have. Can I ask what your swing speed is ?

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

What? Alex is british? Ok, I take back all the good I said about him...lol

Total Dist-287

Ball speed-156.3

Launch-11.2

Spin-2774

Total-296

Ball Speed-156.4

Launch-8.2

Spin-2184

This is a terrific regimen you have. Can I ask what your swing speed is ?

Usually between 100-108.

Total Dist-287

Ball speed-156.3

Launch-11.2

Spin-2774

Total-296

Ball Speed-156.4

Launch-8.2

Spin-2184

Going to guess the carry numbers were pretty close? Total is a bit of a bogus number on launch monitors. Spin rate alone accounts for the distance difference but f9 launch is really low.

Also, what were strike locations like. That spin rate and launch difference suggests the f9 was struck a bit low.

Yes. I always start with my 2016 M2. Then test everything against it. I typically hit my M2 first every time. That way numbers are fair test due to swing variance. Nothing worse than being on one day and keeping those numbers to compare against another driver on a day when the swing is garbage.

I did testing last night with my M2 and the Cobra F9. When all the heads come in Ill test all of them against one another.

Total Dist-287

Ball speed-156.3

Launch-11.2

Spin-2774

Total-296

Ball Speed-156.4

Launch-8.2

Spin-2184

I set the drivers as close the the same as possible. When the TM heads come in, Ill use my KK Silv on all to eliminate that variable. Im about two weeks my new Fitting Center will be finished at our driving range. Ill retest then on Flightscope.

Going to guess the carry numbers were pretty close? Total is a bit of a bogus number on launch monitors. Spin rate alone accounts for the distance difference but f9 launch is really low.

Yes. Carry was close, but the F9 was slightly longer. I use the sim for testing mostly and then take the ones I like most to the course. I have hit the Cobra at the range and it’s lower there as well.

Has anyone laced the M5 fwys yet??

Hoping to tomorrow.