Pending TaylorMade Announcement

PostandGhost

Light up the industry just doesn’t sound like the impact a ball deal would have, but hyperbole in advertising isn’t anything new that’s for sure!

So signing away a lifelong titleist ball user with the star power of a Rickie Fowler to their first ball/glove only deal wouldn’t light up the industry? Imo it would be closest thing to a game changing signing there is outside of Tiger or Phil by a company

Nope. Not even close. Rickie playing a Tm ball is equal to Hudson swafford sighning with Rays short haul trucking for a hat deal. Most people couldn’t tell you which ball he played anyway. Why would they notice if he swapped ? It’s what’s on the hat that matters.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway TM found a way to get Phil away from Callaway?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Fleetwood is the best guess but does he light up the industry?

Curry is all Callaway and why would they think signing a basketball star would help with selling golf clubs?

or maybe with the hyperbole, it is Rickie with ball deal

TM M3 9.5*
Cobra King Ltd 15*
Callaway XR 18* 

Cobra Fly Z+ 4-P

Bridgestone J15 50*

Callaway MD2 56/60*

TM Spider X Navy Blue
Srixon Z Star

Light up the industry just doesn't sound like the impact a ball deal would have, but hyperbole in advertising isn't anything new that's for sure!

So signing away a lifelong titleist ball user with the star power of a Rickie Fowler to their first ball/glove only deal wouldn't light up the industry? Imo it would be closest thing to a game changing signing there is outside of Tiger or Phil by a company

Ricky has yet to win a major and is no longer the next young thing. He's like Rory without the great early years.

I don't care much who plays what, as I am sure 99% of golfers don't, but even if I did, this would not be it - he's never been OWGR number 1, and is not even top 10 now

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

" will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before" - it's official! Whoever TM are bringing in has more pulling power than Tiger, Rory, JD and the rest of their team. Cant wait to find out who it is.

It def cant be a golfer based on the above quote.

Stephen Curry

Lebron James

TM now competing for clothing brand market share since Adidas sold them?

Fleetwood

He is on the front page "spotted" with TM TW irons and it has been up since at least last night. Doesn't this give us a clue?

"Fleetwood looks to be looking to alternatives ahead of next week’s Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship, judging from the pictures below. It’s not surprising, then, given the apparent similarity between the P-7TW iron and Nike VR Pro Blade, that Fleetwood would opt to put the irons to the test early in the year."

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Fleetwood

He is on the front page "spotted" with TM TW irons and it has been up since at least last night. Doesn't this give us a clue?

Fleetwood would be a real nice signing given his high profile play of late. Not sure if it "lights up the industry" but still a solid signing if he does come on.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Light up the industry just doesn't sound like the impact a ball deal would have, but hyperbole in advertising isn't anything new that's for sure!

So signing away a lifelong titleist ball user with the star power of a Rickie Fowler to their first ball/glove only deal wouldn't light up the industry? Imo it would be closest thing to a game changing signing there is outside of Tiger or Phil by a company

Ricky has yet to win a major and is no longer the next young thing. He's like Rory without the great early years.

I don't care much who plays what, as I am sure 99% of golfers don't, but even if I did, this would not be it - he's never been OWGR number 1, and is not even top 10 now

Yet he still moves a ton of Puma clothing and hudson swafford isn’t even in the same marketing league as Rickie. Having Rickie play a tp5 Nd bring sble to use it against titleist would be huge for Tm.

There’s a lot more people who buy golf related items based on tour usage than those who don’t. If that wasn’t the case there would be no need for companies to sponsor players.

Light up the industry just doesn’t sound like the impact a ball deal would have, but hyperbole in advertising isn’t anything new that’s for sure!

So signing away a lifelong titleist ball user with the star power of a Rickie Fowler to their first ball/glove only deal wouldn’t light up the industry? Imo it would be closest thing to a game changing signing there is outside of Tiger or Phil by a company

My guess is no. It will definitely garner attention to see him in a commercial with DJ, Rory and the rest, but long term I think seeing a company logo on the players hat, or bag/head covers has more of an impact by association.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I received a letter/email from David Abeles at TaylorMade the other day. This is what he said:

"In addition to our continued product leadership, we are preparing to make one of the most significant announcements in company history - a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before. Please stay tuned. You will hear from us in a couple of weeks!

We believe 2019 will be our best year yet. We are inspired by the momentum in our industry and all of the work being done across channels to drive participation in golf. We are proud of the progress we are making in our business together, bullish about our growth plans for 2019, and looking forward to an early spring with strong demand for our new products.

On behalf of the entire TaylorMade Golf team, we thank you for your continued dedication to our partnership and for all that you do to make this possible.

Sincerely,

David Abeles

CEO TaylorMade Golf"

So, my question is, will this be the Rickie Fowler ball/glove deal announcement or is this something else? Obviously the Rickie deal is the second worst kept secret behind Rose/Honma, but I don't think he is going to be playing their new TruVis copycat ball until later in the spring, so why announce it now? And that announcement certainly doesn't fit or live up to the type of hype insinuated in this letter. I love Rick and wish him the best but he wouldn't even be the third most successful player on their tour staff. Talk about disappointing if that's the real announcement.

Which leads me to my second question... are they seriously going to make a big announcement during the PGA Show, which they are not attending? What a joke. Hopefully they postpone it until well after the show.

I'm interested to hear what the truth is behind this "most significant announcement".

Just curious, but what do you do that you would get a letter/email from the CEO of TaylorMade Golf?

I am still waiting for the OP to answer this question.

For those saying it is Fleetwood, I think that is unlikely. I accept that he new seems to be bagging a set of Taylor Made irons but a change of irons for him was due given that he was running out of sets of Vr Pro's. Added to that, it seemed like Crossfield was filming with the Titleist guys yesterday. That included Fleetwood, it would seem strange to me that Fleetwood and Titleist would want to waste time having him film spots when he is about to relocate and start using a different ball.

It has to be Fowler but he and pretty much no one they could announce will have the effect they are talking about. More nonsense from Taylor Made.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Yet he still moves a ton of Puma clothing and hudson swafford isn’t even in the same marketing league as Rickie. Having Rickie play a tp5 Nd bring sble to use it against titleist would be huge for Tm.

There’s a lot more people who buy golf related items based on tour usage than those who don’t. If that wasn’t the case there would be no need for companies to sponsor players.

Hudson swafford was a joke. Goodness

I’m telling you nobody knows which ball rickie plays outside this site. They only know cobra/puma.

It very likely is Rickie. But he isn’t going to change anything for anybody. Just more smoke and mirrors from TM as they try to stay afloat. Maybe they are sweetening the pot for the next buyer ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I received a letter/email from David Abeles at TaylorMade the other day. This is what he said:

"In addition to our continued product leadership, we are preparing to make one of the most significant announcements in company history - a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before. Please stay tuned. You will hear from us in a couple of weeks!

We believe 2019 will be our best year yet. We are inspired by the momentum in our industry and all of the work being done across channels to drive participation in golf. We are proud of the progress we are making in our business together, bullish about our growth plans for 2019, and looking forward to an early spring with strong demand for our new products.

On behalf of the entire TaylorMade Golf team, we thank you for your continued dedication to our partnership and for all that you do to make this possible.

Sincerely,

David Abeles

CEO TaylorMade Golf"

So, my question is, will this be the Rickie Fowler ball/glove deal announcement or is this something else? Obviously the Rickie deal is the second worst kept secret behind Rose/Honma, but I don't think he is going to be playing their new TruVis copycat ball until later in the spring, so why announce it now? And that announcement certainly doesn't fit or live up to the type of hype insinuated in this letter. I love Rick and wish him the best but he wouldn't even be the third most successful player on their tour staff. Talk about disappointing if that's the real announcement.

Which leads me to my second question... are they seriously going to make a big announcement during the PGA Show, which they are not attending? What a joke. Hopefully they postpone it until well after the show.

I'm interested to hear what the truth is behind this "most significant announcement".

Just curious, but what do you do that you would get a letter/email from the CEO of TaylorMade Golf?

It’s a corporate letter. Everyone even remotely attached to Taylormade in some fashion received that email. He’s trying to be funny like the letter was sent only to him but it came off rather lame. Either that or the OP really doesn’t know he wasn’t the only one who got that email.

Paige Spiranac?

No I heard Lucy Robson

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour