2019 Callaway Apex & Apex Pro Iron Pics

easyyy

We have them in our fit cart along with the Flash. All great sticks so far. Apex pros are great looking, soft feel with a bit of a 'click' sound. Remind me of AP2/3 and 760s. More of a players distance iron to me. ;)

Ping Hoofer Lite

Mizuno ST Max 9.5*

Mizuno ST Max 3/7W

Mizuno ST Max 5/6H

Mizuno 243 7-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Standard Apex certainly looks even more squat than the CF16 does. Top line almost looks thicker but it could just be the photo. I'll know soon enough once I get my pre-ordered 19's and hold them next to my CF16's.

Titleist TSR3 Driver
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2
Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 3i

Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60*
Byron Morgan 615

Callaway Chrome Tour

Just hit them today. Absolutely loved them. The Apex 19 compared to the CF 16 looked a touch smaller on the top line. The Apex Pro 19 is going in the bag. Felt great, certainly had a hot-ish sound. I was hitting them with practice (read crap soft) balls in the hitting bay, but was getting 5 mph more than my AP2. Now, my AP2 currently are a 1/4 in short, but I was having better launch and spin numbers, equal/better land angle, and about 12 yards more carry.

Going to get them for sure, and the AP2s are going on the BST. Just need to figure out which site to buy from...

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue

Titleist TSi2 3W, 5W Ventus TR Blue

Callaway Apex CB 4-PW DG 120

Titleist Vokey SM9 50/55/60 Oban CT 115

Ping PLD Anser

You know, the standard Apex has similarities in looks and sole that remind me of the Legacy Blacks, and that’s a very good thing.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I hit the new Apex Pro 7i against my current '16 Apex Pro 7i on GC2. My '16 Apex Pro has a Recoil 95 F3 while the Apex Pro '19 had the Elevate 95 shaft (the stock shaft for the CF19 regular Apex). The numbers were VERY similar but I averaged 300 more RPM of spin on the new ones, 1.5 degree higher launch and a yard more peak height. Carry avg. was identical.

I've got to figure out whether the spin and launch difference is more based on that shaft... I really like my Recoil's but I wouldn't say no to that extra bit of spin.

I'm considering replacing my 5-7i to blend with my Apex MBs.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Anybody have pictures of the GW and SW?

I tend to hit mostly full shots with my SW so looking for a little more forgiveness. Sometimes, the SW from the sets get too chunky for my liking so hopefully they didn't go overboard like others.

WITB
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0*

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* 

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 19* 

Ping i525 4-UW

Titleist Vokey SM8- 54* and 58*

Custom Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

Standard Apex certainly looks even more squat than the CF16 does. Top line almost looks thicker but it could just be the photo. I'll know soon enough once I get my pre-ordered 19's and hold them next to my CF16's.

When you get the 19s, please post your results with respect to distance / spin. Thanks

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

I have had 3 sets of X-forged. I kept one set and the other two got traded in on a set of '19 Pros. Absolutely love the Pro's at address.....even more so than the X-forged.....and did not think that was possible. Believe it or not....I hit the new standard Apex too far and could not get used to those distances. All things being equal, the '19 Pro's are 8 yards longer than the X-forged for me, but look better and feel almost identical with slightly more forgiveness.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

I may be a buyer. I do love my Hogan PTx, but these are really nice.

I may even End up with the bigger version. I’d weaken the lofts about 2 degrees and decrease the offset a bit, but the 7 from the fitting cart looked GREAT at the shop. Slightly chunky top line but that doesn’t bother me. Would Need to see and hit the rest of them to make a decision of course, but very impressed at first contact.

Having both Apex Pro and X Forged seems a bit redundant.

They're similar but distinct enough... I wish they'd stagger the release between X Forged and Apex MB more. I also thought it was a mistake to release the Apex MB with the X-Forged. The Apex MB need to release with the Apex and Apex Pro IMO for better combo'ing.

With that being said.. I'd equate the X-Forged similar to the Titleist CB while I'd sort of equate the Apex Pro to the AP2.

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Toulon Odyssey Chicago

I love my Apex CF16's so I don't plan on changing, but these new irons look great. I love Xander's raw finished Pros, I wish Callaway offered those even if at a higher price point. I can't imagine the 19's are going to be much different than the 16's, no matter how much Callaway markets them. I really wish Callaway took a page out of Titleist's book and releases new irons every 2 years and new woods every 2 years. Coming out with the X-Forged and Apex Pro's in back to back years seems redundant. All in all I am sure Callaway will sell a ton of these irons because the Apex can fit virtually every player from 20+ handicap to scratch.

TITLEIST TS3 10.5°

TITLEIST 915F 16.5°

TITLEIST 818 H1 21°

TITLEIST U500 4i

TITLEIST T100S 5-PW

TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48.10F/54.10F/58.08M

ODYSSEY WHITE HOT OG V-LINE

TITLEIST PRO V1

Having both Apex Pro and X Forged seems a bit redundant.

Very different irons. Pros have cup face, stronger lofts, more powerful.

X forged are still a true “players” club.

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

Lofts are the same for apex pro and x forged

Ah yes. Sorry I had it in my head x forged were a bit weaker. But the apex pros will go further. Material and construction differences.

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

Here are some comparisons between CF16 and CF19. On the simulator at Dick’s the Pro was about 7 yards shorter than the standard Apex. 30.5* loft on the standard and 33* on the Pro version. I was going to point out the changes I see in the top line and sole but wanted to see what you guys think before I say anything.

Finally saw the Apex Pro 19 today. Nice looking club. I hit it with a couple different shafts and I would say it was good, but not significantly better than my current set. I was hitting indoors on a track man and I don’t love hitting off mats. I will likely give it another shot.

Not sure your current set but I’d say that this is an iron so it’s not going to be “significantly better” than another comparable set. It’s definitely not significantly better than the 2016 version of the Apex Pros. But it’s a nice update on a already nice iron. If you’re in the market these are definitely worth looking at!

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Toulon Odyssey Chicago

I played my set for the very first time today. It was below 40 degrees which is freezing to us Texans. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed these irons. IMO the feel is much better than the CF16’s that I played off and on over the few years. Performance was about the same, but I did notice that they did stop hard on the green but that may be more the Elevate shafts I’m playing. Very forgiving and consistent across the face. for the club head size and I’ve been playing The raw Apex MB’s for the last year.

I’ll post more feedback as I play more rounds and in warmer weather.

Another solid offering of from a line of irons that have continuously been very good. Callaway should sell tons of these.

One more thing, for my fellow “Club-o-holics” out there. Over the last 3 years I’ve played probably over 20 different sets of irons over the last 2-3 years. However, today I realized my woods and wedges have been the same ones and they were both the strongest part of my game. Starting to believe that playing the same clubs over a long period of time will improve my game. Please don’t suspend my GolfWRX account.....

I hit the pros for the first time yesterday and I was VERY impressed! To me these "feel" softer with better spin numbers than the 16 model. I will have a decision to make between these, 785s, mp18 sc, and p760. Its going to be an interesting fitting in two weeks and I cannot wait!

I sold my Z785’s for the P760’s and I don’t regret it one bit. Love these irons. Put them up against the Apex Pro’s and it was the best head to head I’ve ever done, ever.

Ended up ordering the Apex Pro’s 5-PW KBS $ Taper 120 Black’s

Now I just have to learn how to share time between sets because I’m playing the best golf of my life with these 760’s.

Let me give you my insight:

The 760’s are way more forgiving than the 785’s.

The 785’s have a very pure forged feel to them but the biggest downfall with the Srixons were the spin numbers I got with them, forgiveness is good but not even close to the 760’s and Apex Pro’s

The Apex Pro’s are longer than my 760’s but forgiveness is literally neck and neck.

Backspin was highest in the 760’s at around 6800 in the 7 iron and over 10,000 in the PW. Srixons were the lowest around 5400 in the 7 iron and 8700 in the PW. The Apex Pro’s were in between both.

The Apex Pro’s look better in the mid irons but the 760’s look better in the shorter irons imo. Long irons look great in all 3 sets, offset isn’t as bad in the 760’s as people put it out to be... the Srixons have the least amount of offset through the entire set.

Turf interaction is great in all 3 irons with the Apex Pro’s have the sharpest leading edge so this really comes Down to your a.o.a.

Consistency from front to back dispersion has to go to the 760’s

Consistency from left to right dispersion has to go to the Apex Pro’s but I think a lot of that is due to the shaft that you go with.

Feel goes to the Srixons. The 760’s have a very very soft muted feel even in the short irons which I prefer, but the Srixons have more of a pure forged feel to them.

The feel from the Apex Pro’s is a little harder and clickier than the other 2 imo but still very responsive and easy to tell where your strike is.

Top line is thinnest in the Apex Pro’s with the Srixons not far behind. The 760’s have the thickest top line out of any of them but still not too thick in any way.

Overall you can’t go wrong with any of them.

I hit the pros for the first time yesterday and I was VERY impressed! To me these "feel" softer with better spin numbers than the 16 model. I will have a decision to make between these, 785s, mp18 sc, and p760. Its going to be an interesting fitting in two weeks and I cannot wait!

I sold my Z785’s for the P760’s and I don’t regret it one bit. Love these irons. Put them up against the Apex Pro’s and it was the best head to head I’ve ever done, ever.

Ended up ordering the Apex Pro’s 5-PW KBS $ Taper 120 Black’s

Now I just have to learn how to share time between sets because I’m playing the best golf of my life with these 760’s.

Let me give you my insight:

The 760’s are way more forgiving than the 785’s.

The 785’s have a very pure forged feel to them but the biggest downfall with the Srixons were the spin numbers I got with them, forgiveness is good but not even close to the 760’s and Apex Pro’s

The Apex Pro’s are longer than my 760’s but forgiveness is literally neck and neck.

Backspin was highest in the 760’s at around 6800 in the 7 iron and over 10,000 in the PW. Srixons were the lowest around 5400 in the 7 iron and 8700 in the PW. The Apex Pro’s were in between both.

The Apex Pro’s look better in the mid irons but the 760’s look better in the shorter irons imo. Long irons look great in all 3 sets, offset isn’t as bad in the 760’s as people put it out to be... the Srixons have the least amount of offset through the entire set.

Turf interaction is great in all 3 irons with the Apex Pro’s have the sharpest leading edge so this really comes Down to your a.o.a.

Consistency from front to back dispersion has to go to the 760’s

Consistency from left to right dispersion has to go to the Apex Pro’s but I think a lot of that is due to the shaft that you go with.

Feel goes to the Srixons. The 760’s have a very very soft muted feel even in the short irons which I prefer, but the Srixons have more of a pure forged feel to them.

The feel from the Apex Pro’s is a little harder and clickier than the other 2 imo but still very responsive and easy to tell where your strike is.

Top line is thinnest in the Apex Pro’s with the Srixons not far behind. The 760’s have the thickest top line out of any of them but still not too thick in any way.

Overall you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Fantastic comparison!