2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Watch Enthusiasts

chiguy

I wear a Citizen watch I bought in 2001. Thinking of getting something newer.

Tell you what, that new Tudor Black Bay is a looker.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

I have a Breitling Navitimer and it still looks great after 18years. Still get lots of comments.

You want a blue face with the blue strap, all time classic imho and agree with post above

If anyone is bored and wants to link me to a reputable second hand seller of these sometime that would be appreciated.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Friggin love the Black Bay.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Need some advice guys. I have a wedding coming up and I want to purchase a watch to wear with my suit. What is the best watch in your opinion sub $500? Thinking either brown leather strap or a nice stainless steel. I have pretty big wrists and hands. Size 8.75 so larger case.

Thanks!

If you’re wanting an automatic Steinhart has some nice watches around 500

Need some advice guys. I have a wedding coming up and I want to purchase a watch to wear with my suit. What is the best watch in your opinion sub $500? Thinking either brown leather strap or a nice stainless steel. I have pretty big wrists and hands. Size 8.75 so larger case.

Thanks!

I would look at Hamilton's if you must have Swiss and Seiko's or Orient's if you're ok with Japanese movements.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x/KSig

Geez....take the MSRP price tag and divide by 10 and you get to my comfort range. For the life of me there is nothing I would spend $3700 for. Too much for clubs, watches, bbq grills, guns, clothes, electronics. Too little for cars. Maybe a vacation.

Mizuno MP-20’s

Ping G-410

Thanks!

Alpina has some nice options in that range (used)

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Anyone now much about Bulova watches? Thinking of getting one as another time piece. It’s cooper with a black face, has a black band but looking to add a brown gator strap from Jay to it. It’s on sale right now at a local jewelry store that I use frequently.

I have a Rolex, citizen and IWatch but I don’t know much about watches

Geez....take the MSRP price tag and divide by 10 and you get to my comfort range. For the life of me there is nothing I would spend $3700 for. Too much for clubs, watches, bbq grills, guns, clothes, electronics. Too little for cars. Maybe a vacation.

Think of it as an investment! (I'm a bad influence)...Try Orient, they make awesome watches for a great price.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Anyone now much about Bulova watches? Thinking of getting one as another time piece. It's cooper with a black face, has a black band but looking to add a brown gator strap from Jay to it. It's on sale right now at a local jewelry store that I use frequently.

I have a Rolex, citizen and IWatch but I don't know much about watches

There are some cool Bulova's, particularly the Precisionist line. Quartz watches that sweep kinda like a mechanical. I think the only downside is that the battery life tends to be short.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

There are plenty of nice watches under $500 that have good street-cred in the watch world.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

Finally! And only paid retail. The play to get to the top of the list though, the wifey is now the proud wearer of a Lady Datejust.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

Finally! And only paid retail. The play to get to the top of the list though, the wifey is now the proud wearer of a Lady Datejust.

Wear that in good health my man, beautiful.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

My new baby.

Looks good on your wrist!!

Thanks! Its my first luxury watch. Hope to pass it down to my children.

Very nice! I am still weighing up a Rolex vs others (Blancpain and JLC mainly, with a side salad of Pan).

I think some people don't get about watches. The expensive ones can last you a life time, and be handed down to your kids. Try doing that with a Crapple Watch which will be obsolete in 2 years and already looks naff.

Apart from my wedding ring, I don't wear jewelry, apart from a watch which I wear unless I am golfing, training or sleeping. My Speedmaster was a present for my 30th birthday 12 years ago from my parents. I have worn it almost every day, and now both of them have passed on, it has huge sentimental value. At a cost of GBP 2,000 new, vs 4380 days of wearing it, it works out as a cheap accessory, and still gets positive comments today. I can walk into a retail store and buy effectively the same model today.

I am still planning on adding a Fifty Fathoms or similar to my collection, but I will never sell the Speedy, and if I have a son, he will inherit it from me.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

My wife got me a MVMT watch for Christmas and I have to admit that I'm very impressed with it so far. Incredibly sharp and versatile enough to wear with a suit or with jeans. I'll probably get another watch or two from them to add to my collection, especially at the price.

https://www.mvmtwatches.com/collections/all-mens-watches/products/biscayne

My wife got me a MVMT watch for Christmas and I have to admit that I'm very impressed with it so far. Incredibly sharp and versatile enough to wear with a suit or with jeans. I'll probably get another watch or two from them to add to my collection, especially at the price.

https://www.mvmtwatc...oducts/biscayne

Wear it in good health but I am not a fan, they are just fashion watches with $2 movements inside.

Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Wear it in good health but I am not a fan, they are just fashion watches with $2 movements inside.

Oh I knew they weren't anything technically amazing, but that won't keep me from enjoying it. Hell, the watch I still wear more than any other is the cheapest watch in my collection, my Timex Weekender Chrono.

Also, if you are a fan of Nato straps (I am), Blue Shark makes some pretty good ones. Cheers!

Oh I knew they weren't anything technically amazing, but that won't keep me from enjoying it. Hell, the watch I still wear more than any other is the cheapest watch in my collection, my Timex Weekender Chrono.

Also, if you are a fan of Nato straps (I am), Blue Shark makes some pretty good ones. Cheers!

I have a few Timex as well.

My issue with MVMT is pretending to be something the are not. A good watch, they sure charge more than Timex and I prefer the heritage of Timex any day :)

I have been on an Erika's Marine Nationale kick lately for straps

Seemore mFGP2 

There's something classic with the GMT Master II. The Jubilee bracelet adds a different element compared to the Oyster bracelet. Very nice!!!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I'm hooked already into this habit. Way more dangerous than club hoing.

Over the next few years I'd like to add two more to the collection.

The aforementioned Tudor Black Bay.

And this, an absolute beauty:

Watch collecting is so much more fun than club hoing too! I've gotten to the point now where I have some that are very special to me and those will be in my collection forever. Now I am on the lookout for quirky and unique pieces that you just don't see every day. For example I recently got an Anonimo that is marked #70 out of 200. That to me is really cool that there are only 200 out there.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

3 Wood: PING G425 LST | Fuji Ventus Black 8X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 | DG TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

My new baby.

Looks good on your wrist!!

Thanks! Its my first luxury watch. Hope to pass it down to my children.

Very nice! I am still weighing up a Rolex vs others (Blancpain and JLC mainly, with a side salad of Pan).

I think some people don't get about watches. The expensive ones can last you a life time, and be handed down to your kids. Try doing that with a Crapple Watch which will be obsolete in 2 years and already looks naff.

Apart from my wedding ring, I don't wear jewelry, apart from a watch which I wear unless I am golfing, training or sleeping. My Speedmaster was a present for my 30th birthday 12 years ago from my parents. I have worn it almost every day, and now both of them have passed on, it has huge sentimental value. At a cost of GBP 2,000 new, vs 4380 days of wearing it, it works out as a cheap accessory, and still gets positive comments today. I can walk into a retail store and buy effectively the same model today.

I am still planning on adding a Fifty Fathoms or similar to my collection, but I will never sell the Speedy, and if I have a son, he will inherit it from me.

I love the Fifty Fathoms. Would you get the Bathyscaphe or the original? I've held and tried on the Bathyscaphe, very high quality piece and one that I think would be very comfortable to wear every day.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

3 Wood: PING G425 LST | Fuji Ventus Black 8X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 | DG TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB