Post your Goodwill / Thrift store finds (NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

specialtony

Found a never been used RLX stand bag today at a goodwill. Still had the cardboard inserts in the pockets and legs wrapped in plastic. $15 out the door.

Only thing I can't figure out are the two straps. I can't seem to get them to work as a backpack. Any guesses? My only thought is that they were installed incorrectly, as their packaging was inside the ball pocket.

Found a never been used RLX stand bag today at a goodwill. Still had the cardboard inserts in the pockets and legs wrapped in plastic. $15 out the door.

Only thing I can't figure out are the two straps. I can't seem to get them to work as a backpack. Any guesses? My only thought is that they were installed incorrectly, as their packaging was inside the ball pocket.

Right or left hand single carry. Remove the one you aren’t.

Could it be the same setup as the Ping J Bags, with dual "backpack" straps? See this, maybe it'll help: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/16857-how-to-put-on-a-ping-j-bag/

Could it be the same setup as the Ping J Bags, with dual "backpack" straps? See this, maybe it'll help: http://www.golfwrx.c...n-a-ping-j-bag/

This is also what I was thinking.

Ping G400 LST 10 deg - Oban Kiyoshi White 04

Ping G400 16.5 deg - Oban Kiyoshi White 04

Ping i59 4-PW - PX IO 6.0, 1” long

Vokey SM7 Jet Black 52-56-60 

Scotty Cameron 2018 Newport 3

Where the hell are you guys that find this stuff? Florida? Is it new widows just dumping everything of their late husband's stuff at the goodwill?

Great finds. Love this thread.

Exactly!

All I can ever find is an old Dunlop putter that looks like somebody used it to pound nails

Ha! :)

I was in Mount Dora 2 weeks ago visiting my dad. I played Deer Island and we were out cruising the lake on his pontoon. I just kept saying to myself, "Mount Dora? I know there's something I'm supposed to do here." It was go to the goodwill and it didn't dawn on me until I saw this thread, again, today.

Maybe next year.

Just up the road in Leesburg the Goodwill and the Play It Again Sports store are next door to one another.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

Several years ago went to Play It Again Sports in Bradenton, FL and found two brand new Vokey Tour Issue wedges. No serial number and stamped TC for tour chrome. These were satin before satin was released to the public. Paid $100 for each and sold for $200 each. Not a bad flip. My guess was that someone from IMG had sold them off to PIAS since their facility is in town.

Titleist TS4 8.5 - Accra FX 2.0 M5 360
Titleist TS3 - 15 degree - Accra FX 2.0 M5 370
Titleist TS2 17 hybrid - Even Flow White 6.5
Ping S55 3-W Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue
Ping Glide 54 & 60 - Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue 
Ping 2021 Anser 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had a work road trip so I planned some goodwill stops and it always seems like the first stop is the best, this particular location had a full set of Hogan Apex irons which I passed on and a set of Hogan Vintage blades which I also passed on as I am more of a single club buyer. My major find of the day at that location is this MINT and I MEAN MINT MacGregor Geo Low 600 Jack putter with original grip and bright red original paint fill. I looked some up on Ebay and they have sold for between $75 and $100 but there is one listing out there for a mint condition one for $649!!!!

jv0qj5.jpg

2l8u9mx.jpg

534whv.jpg

i5d4pk.jpg

Had a work road trip so I planned some goodwill stops and it always seems like the first stop is the best, this particular location had a full set of Hogan Apex irons which I passed on and a set of Hogan Vintage blades which I also passed on as I am more of a single club buyer. My major find of the day at that location is this MINT and I MEAN MINT MacGregor Geo Low 600 Jack putter with original grip and bright red original paint fill. I looked some up on Ebay and they have sold for between $75 and $100 but there is one listing out there for a mint condition one for $649!!!!

jv0qj5.jpg

2l8u9mx.jpg

534whv.jpg

i5d4pk.jpg

Love it.... George and the Fat Lady (swings)

Peace

Driver .....TM M2  12* ... Stock shaft Reg.

3 Wood...TM M2 HL 16*..stock reg shaft

7 Wood  TM  M2... stock shaft reg.

Hybrids....Adams.... A3OS Boxer  3-4-5 hybrids..Grafalloy  platinum Reg flex

Cobra F7 one length irons..... 6 - SW .. ...shafts.. Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue Axis @ 37.5"

Putter (varies) currently Custom made Starship model

Peace....  Update... 69 yrs old shot 68 this summer(2021)... God I love this game...

went to shopgoodwill.com a couple of weeks ago and saw an older Callaway Warbird 4 wood and figured what the heck... for $4.99 how can I lose.... when I got it I realized this club has never been hit... started cruising that site on a regular basis now.....local Salvation Army or Vietnam Veterans of America stores have some good stuff as well... happy hunting

Peace

Driver .....TM M2  12* ... Stock shaft Reg.

3 Wood...TM M2 HL 16*..stock reg shaft

7 Wood  TM  M2... stock shaft reg.

Hybrids....Adams.... A3OS Boxer  3-4-5 hybrids..Grafalloy  platinum Reg flex

Cobra F7 one length irons..... 6 - SW .. ...shafts.. Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue Axis @ 37.5"

Putter (varies) currently Custom made Starship model

Peace....  Update... 69 yrs old shot 68 this summer(2021)... God I love this game...

went to shopgoodwill.com a couple of weeks ago and saw an older Callaway Warbird 4 wood and figured what the heck... for $4.99 how can I lose.... when I got it I realized this club has never been hit... started cruising that site on a regular basis now.....local Salvation Army or Vietnam Veterans of America stores have some good stuff as well... happy hunting

Peace

It was an okay site for me for a little while.

I bought a Honma driver on there for $200 a good 10 years ago and flipped in on eBay for $500 as I recall. Do not ask me how a Goodwill got a new Honma back then but they had all sorts of clubs so someone (a store I suspect) donated all sorts of demos and stuff to them I believe was my theory.

I have stopped going on the site though since I just don't find deals on there anymore (the shipping costs are astronomical for some reason always on there).

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

I think the $600 + was for the original Geo Low Wizard 600, the one you have is a later model. I have had several of the older ones back in the 60s and 70s, at that time they were in demand because Nicklaus used it, with each new generation they are not so much in demand and lost value, except to a few collectors. The originals were always in short demand. Nicklaus used it to perfection, for me I thought the feel was too heavy in the head.

Now for the good news, you found a very nice putter and it is in great condition. I hope you find it works well for you.

I think the $600 + was for the original Geo Low Wizard 600, the one you have is a later model. I have had several of the older ones back in the 60s and 70s, at that time they were in demand because Nicklaus used it, with each new generation they are not so much in demand and lost value, except to a few collectors. The originals were always in short demand. Nicklaus used it to perfection, for me I thought the feel was too heavy in the head.

Now for the good news, you found a very nice putter and it is in great condition. I hope you find it works well for you.

Here is the one for $650 Says it is new old stock, and granted I know it is just a asking price but it does say he sold one of two.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MacGregor-Jack-Nicklaus-George-Low-600-Putter-w-Leather-Grip-NEW-OLD-STOCK-/272605794123

I have never seen a Nicklaus model George Low 600 sold for much, but perhaps so. I have bought and sold 2 or 3 of the George Low Wizards for around $600 years ago, of course they were not a Nicklaus model. Seems very high to me, but perhaps there is a market out there.

Did you look up the value on a Nicklaus George Low, or a George Low Wizard 600? There is a difference. If he has sold a Nicklaus George Low 600 for $600+, you should try and do the same. Good luck, let me know how it comes out.

Hello there, I am new here, so I will introduce myself shortly. I am from Montevideo, Uruguay, and I am a beginner golfer. I am starting to buy my equipment to play and I will be travelling to Miami in April, where I will visit some Goodwill stores, where I have seen I can get cheap clubs. Used golf clubs are really expensive here in Uruguay.

I wanted to ask if someone here knows which Goodwill stores in Miami are more likely to have some good clubs, and which brands (despite the well known ones) could be good for a beginner.

I have already bought an iron set of Titleists Tour Model, plus Driver, 3 and 5 MacGregor DX Pyramid. I am looking for a PW, a SW and another bigger driver (since I believe my MacGregor driver is a little bit small for my little expertise, ha!).

Thank you in advance and cheers.

Hello there, I am new here, so I will introduce myself shortly. I am from Montevideo, Uruguay, and I am a beginner golfer. I am starting to buy my equipment to play and I will be travelling to Miami in April, where I will visit some Goodwill stores, where I have seen I can get cheap clubs. Used golf clubs are really expensive here in Uruguay.

I wanted to ask if someone here knows which Goodwill stores in Miami are more likely to have some good clubs, and which brands (despite the well known ones) could be good for a beginner.

I have already bought an iron set of Titleists Tour Model, plus Driver, 3 and 5 MacGregor DX Pyramid. I am looking for a PW, a SW and another bigger driver (since I believe my MacGregor driver is a little bit small for my little expertise, ha!).

Thank you in advance and cheers.

It's not the type of store you can just go into and expect there to be nice clubs there...some times you have to go into one Goodwill store a dozen times before finding decent stuff in it. Some times two dozen times. Unfortunately.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

yes, never been able to find a rhyme or reason with goodwill, and to make it worse with sets is I have a theory that some sets go to a central distribution and then the sets are broken up and distributed to stores in a district.I know I have seen very specific clubs in a set with aftermarket grips at two stores in the same regional area. A few tips I use if there is a big bulk rack look at the grips before the club heads as some times you can see newer grips easier, two I have had much better luck finding good putters because they fall down in between the irons and clubs and go unnoticed. Also walk around the store as I have seen full bags of clubs in the furniture area as that is just where they seem to have space for big bags.

Thank you for all your replies. Considering I am a beginner, I have no problem with buying these old clubs I could probably find at a Goodwill/Salvation Army. I understand that finding Titleists, Taylormades, Nikes may be difficult, but maybe I could find something good to start with and then, if everything goes well (?), buy better clubs

Thank you for all your replies. Considering I am a beginner, I have no problem with buying these old clubs I could probably find at a Goodwill/Salvation Army. I understand that finding Titleists, Taylormades, Nikes may be difficult, but maybe I could find something good to start with and then, if everything goes well (?), buy better clubs

I am wishing you much luck and I hope you find something nice. Please keep us up to date on how it goes.

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 UST ProForce V2 HL 5F4 46"

Tour Edge Exotic EXS 220 16.5* UST ProForce V2 HL 6F4 44"

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway (set to 20*) Fujikura Fuel 60g S 43"

Maltby TS3 4-P Elevate MPH 95 +1"

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50*, 54* & 58* Apollo Matchflex Wedge 36.25"

Cleveland Classic Collection #10 35"

If you are going to be in one place (hotel or other residence) for a while in Miami, you could possibly do some shopping on ebay or another online retailer (globalgolf, rockbottom, etc...) and have the items shipped to where you will be staying. I know hotels, if given a heads up, will often accept packages and store them for you until you arrive. I think you would be guaranteed to get a significantly better set of clubs than what you will likely find at goodwill for slightly more money. If you are trying to keep costs down, I would search out clubs from brands like Cleveland & Adams since they can be had for cheap and perform right up there with the big name brands. I frequent a few goodwills on a weekly basis and have not seen any sets or clubs worth buying in at least 3 months.

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate.

My intention is to slowly get into golf, since costs to join a club here are really expensive, and so are the green fees in case you are not member.

First of all: Driving Range. Will frequent it a lot before I can think about playing holes.

I am 22 years old, I think there will be a time where I will be able to afford a little bit more on this fabulous sport.

I love seeing the rare finds people pick up at Goodwill and other outlets. However I see lots of people buying 30yr old partial sets.

My question: WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DO WITH IT?

Some of us are clubmakers who use them for parts; some of us set them in the stash and let them sit there; some of those partial sets can be sold, as well.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP