Bring back the Scotty Cameron Laguna!

EVandy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't mind if they came back so long as the huge Scotty Cameron wasn't tattooed across the back

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

Bring back the Brad Faxon model!!

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

Doubt it. His focus seems to be on mallet putters lately, those with high MOI. The only blades left are those that sell the best, the Newport and Newport 2. The Laguna shape was never wildly popular so I'm not sure we'll ever see it again.

Well all I can say is that Ping did not do too bad with it as In the Zing or the plumbers neck version called the My Day or the Brad Faxon version called the Fax day

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Nobody bought them when they were a part of the line up. Just find one on eBay and be happy it's under $200.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Doubt it. His focus seems to be on mallet putters lately, those with high MOI. The only blades left are those that sell the best, the Newport and Newport 2. The Laguna shape was never wildly popular so I'm not sure we'll ever see it again.

Well all I can say is that Ping did not do too bad with it as In the Zing or the plumbers neck version called the My Day or the Brad Faxon version called the Fax day

You're going back to the days of it being between and Anser variant, Bulls Eye, 8802, or the Zing being the offerings.

That's like saying they sold a ton of black Model Ts...well yeah it's all that was available.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

There were lots of previous heads from circa, California lines that I really like and know many who still game (I go back and forth between 009 and Monterey)....but from mr.cameron himself he told me there is not enough of a market for those heads...I was kinda shocked as most people I know who play regularly game and older shape cameron head.

Best chance of getting one is from gallery, but paying the price.

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

• 1 year later...

So....have you picked up the new Select Laguna yet? Trying to revive this topic and wanted to hear some opinions. I have a Brad Faxon and have been waiting patiently for the Laguna to return. I've rolled it but the local shop uses Callaway Supersoft balls for the putting green. This makes it feel VERY soft, but wanted to know if anyone games it and can give some feedback?

The new insert is soft, but the store balls are going to skew the feel even further. Your best off bringing a ball of your own and trying it out. I like the new Laguna from a playability perspective, but I don't care for the look and the lines. Laguna shapes of the past tended to flow pretty nicely, this new version is all angles and hard edges, so while it works just fine it's not nearly as nice to look down on as my oil can laguna.

I definitely agree! This has been pretty much my favorite style of putter most of my playing days. I started with a TP Mills then went to a Wilson blade (not 8802) then started with Ping with a B60. I soon went to a Ping Zing. Putted with that for the most part of 4 or 5 years, experimenting with a lot of putters. Always went back. Then I got into Cameron putters (Newport, Santa Fe, Catalina, Coronado, Coronado II, plumbers necks, flow necks, slant necks, etc). I settled on a IBBF and gamed that for almost 5 years. I went back to TP Mills and then Byron Morgan. I have been gaming my current Byron Morgan Epic Day putter for 4 1/2 years now and there is no end in sight. There is something almost perfect for me with the Zing styled putters.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I definitely agree! This has been pretty much my favorite style of putter most of my playing days. I started with a TP Mills then went to a Wilson blade (not 8802) then started with Ping with a B60. I soon went to a Ping Zing. Putted with that for the most part of 4 or 5 years, experimenting with a lot of putters. Always went back. Then I got into Cameron putters (Newport, Santa Fe, Catalina, Coronado, Coronado II, plumbers necks, flow necks, slant necks, etc). I settled on a IBBF and gamed that for almost 5 years. I went back to TP Mills and then Byron Morgan. I have been gaming my current Byron Morgan Epic Day putter for 4 1/2 years now and there is no end in sight. There is something almost perfect for me with the Zing styled putters.

That is really a nice putter--- Like the way he did the neck on it---- Kinda built a better mousetrap so to speak--- I am not into boutique putters that much but yours I could deal with and game

The Laguna is a very underrated model. I used a black ox Laguna Classic exclusively in the late 90's. It was a great feeling putter that I wish I still had. The last version of the Laguna didn't do anything for me because I did not care for the name on the bumpers either.

I have the 1995 Black Laguna from Cameron. They'll bury me with it. Love the bloody thing.

Let's see in my collection-Ping Zing2 (in BeCu and BeNi), Odyssey protype #6 (in satin and black) Metal X Milled #6, Nike Method 002, and 1995 Laguna, pro platinum Laguna, CT Laguna w/ tungsten sole weights and welded Santa Fe neck- like that style just a bit?, the 2018 model, not so much?

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

That is really a nice putter--- Like the way he did the neck on it---- Kinda built a better mousetrap so to speak--- I am not into boutique putters that much but yours I could deal with and game

Stu, the neck allows for about a shaft offset and the toe hang is around 4:30-5. I am able to release the putter without any thought or manipulation. Just start the stroke and go. All I have to do is pick the right line and speed with this putter. Then again, there is just something about the Zing style head that has always resonated with me. For me, this is most likely the perfect putter design.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I’ve got an oil can Laguna. I don’t care for the head shape at all, but it was my dad’s old putter so I’ll keep it forever.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

Stu, the neck allows for about a shaft offset and the toe hang is around 4:30-5. I am able to release the putter without any thought or manipulation. Just start the stroke and go. All I have to do is pick the right line and speed with this putter. Then again, there is just something about the Zing style head that has always resonated with me. For me, this is most likely the perfect putter design.

It fits your eye good and more than likely balances out good for your stroke too--- That is what it is all about

RobotDoctor,

Pains me that Byron no longer offers Epic Day shape, yet your putter is absolutely one of my favorites ever in that shape, irrespective of maker.?

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Close to twenty years ago, I traded John Daly two 1960's Wilson 8802's for a Laguna that Scotty had made personally for him. The story goes that John had asked for a "heavier" Laguna. When I received the Laguna, I removed the head and found it to weigh 351grams! - Quite heavy for back in those days! - I don't really know for sure, but it may be the only 350g Laguna ever made? Maybe someone could fill me in on that?

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." - John Wooden

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” - Henry Thoreau