NFL Playoff pickem contest (18-19)

knock it close

So updating my picks as it is now make 4 picks - 2 sides and 2 totals this divisional weekend.

I believe we have agreed on that format.

Rams

Chiefs

Rams game OVER

Chiefs game UNDER

sooo psyched for Sunday

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So updating my picks as it is now make 4 picks - 2 sides and 2 totals this divisional weekend.

Rams

Chiefs

Rams game OVER

Chiefs game UNDER

sooo psyched for Sunday

Sounds good, maybe for super bowl we'll do side, total and I'll find two props if people would like

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Well thankfully I was in the mountains for the weekend so I didn't actually bet any of the game.

Conference championship lines:

Rams 56.5

Saints -3.5

Patriots 57.5

Chiefs -3.5

Its cold out there today. I cannot for the life of me imagine trying to run into someone in these temperatures, even if i were a fine tuned athlete. It just takes so much to do it because each hit is that much worse in the cold. Years ago there was an amazing show called the "Year without a Santa Claus" and whoever invented it was a genius. You had good v evil but not easily identified, cold hot, mother nature was very important as was the young boy who went from the cynic to the believer and Christmas was saved. This year the KC game is selected with the heat miser and cold miser in our thoughts.

"Everything I touch, snows in my clutch/ I'm too much..." Well, at 12 at kickoff with wind chills close to 0, I am going to pick the under on the points.

"Everything I touch, melts in my clutch/ I'm too much..." Everything about this game says it will be Brady, but I want to pick Mahomes, the guy just seems to have "it" so I am going to take Mahomes and give the points. But it should be noted, I was going to pick NE when I started that sentence.

Now, do you think the guy who invented the Heat Miser and Cold Miser did it with a clear head? I sincerely doubt that given the year, and the idea. So which TV writers had to have been on some hallucnagens? Yep, Syd and Marty Croft. You don't write about a sea monster in the storage shed, or a land with people dressed up as hats when you aren't doing something. So in a Syd and Marty Croft pick, and their most famous show of all, I have to pick the NO game.

Did you ever notice that H.R. Puffinstuff always won. The chips were down, and somehow he and the boy were always able to capture the magic flute right at the end. That guy could simply get it done. But it was always an evenly matched episode until the very end. I see both QBs as their own H.R Puffinstuff, and I am going to pick the under, but it won't be by much. I bet I sweat out the number until the final whistle.

Witchie-poo always jumped out to a fast start, but something always happened to slow her roll and HR came back and won the round. I am seeing Jared Goff and the LAR offense in the role of witchie-poo here. There is going to be a lot of nailbiting until Brees shows his true colors as a man of the people and takes control of the game. I am going to pick the Saints and the points.

Pretty lame to pick the favorites in both games but it just feels right...

Indeed noted that you were taking the Pats at the beginning of the sentence Pete.

The kid has tremendous spirit, and the confidence of a 10 year HOF'r. The Arm we all have seen all season long is incredible.

The super cold will definitely hamper some offensive fireworks, but I say wise rethink, and new choice.

Oh and I'm just telling ya once again it was a fine piece/post you provided us this week again sir. thanks

And I assume you are aware about the GOAT and what too often happens when he is pissed and has something to prove.

Yet you're starting to believe in the magic man like ole Mr. touch I sense ..........lay the points!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Pete. I was a kid who enjoyed the show on Saturday mornings .....

hr-puffnstuff-01.jpg?w=612

Rams

Chiefs

Rams game OVER

Chiefs game UNDER

sooo psyched for Sunday

Sounds good, maybe for super bowl we'll do side, total and I'll find two props if people would like

Great suggestion Knock it , I vote yes to side, total, and two interesting props.to make 4 picks.

Nice work commissioner

FYI....every day the forecast has gotten more promising for KC. Several reports that it will be 20-24 degrees versus the original "near zero" that we started with. Considering moving away from the Under, but KC defense has allowed a total of 9 points the last two games, so if we're lucky, weather aside, may hit the Under anyway. I'm prepared to have my heart broken as usual, so in the meantime I'm all in on us winning this game.

Thoughts on picking ATS & O/U from here on out? Gonna be tough to catch the leaders...Says the guy in the middle of the pack...

As a leader....NO WAY!

Going into this as a general participant....I figured that would be what we did. 4 picks the first three rounds then two picks for the SB. Get as large of a sample as we can.

I am on board with doing 4 Picks this weekend.

SO that is

touch

Adam

CHuntsman

and what say the rest?

I'm in me matees.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

doctoro,

What cha got for Sunday sir?

Every forecast I've seen has the high for KC at 27-28 degrees. So colder than the Colts game, but shouldn't have any precipitation for the game. I may regret it, but I'm going to flip to the OVER for KC/NE since the forecasted temp has drastically improved.

*Friday update: Forecasts are now up to 30-33 degrees. Going to be an awesome day.

Thoughts on picking ATS & O/U from here on out? Gonna be tough to catch the leaders...Says the guy in the middle of the pack...
As a leader....NO WAY! Going into this as a general participant....I figured that would be what we did. 4 picks the first three rounds then two picks for the SB. Get as large of a sample as we can.
I am on board with doing 4 Picks this weekend. SO that is touch Adam CHuntsman and what say the rest?
I'm in me matees.

Count Me In.

Super Bowl--

Maybe add MVP Pick ??

Tie Breaker would be total score???

I think the Chargers had something like 7 Pro Bowl Players this year. The Patriots had 2 Gilmore and Brady. Melvin Gordon, Rivers, Keenan Allen all going to Hawaii. Watching the Divisional game last week we got to see the breaking of a team on live TV. Phillip Rivers decided to press the envelope and paid for it over and over and over again. Antony Lynn thought Belichick and Josh McDaniels would not be able to keep Brady upright long enough to find the open man in their 7 DB scheme like Brady is Lamar Jackson???

But it is cold, it is in Foxboro, and all the ghosts of games lost by the road team came to roost in New England. Rivers the swashbuckling Qb was literally reduced to a whining whithering pulp by the end of the game. Do not give Belichick two weeks to prepare for a team traveling across the country MAKING THE ROAD TEAM LAME AGAIN! Chargers got screwed on that count. 12 games won and they are traveling to an unfriendly venue two weeks in a row. Playing a top 2-3 defense in the league and then the Best Coach in Modern Day history in a cold weather game on the road! I should have seen this coming from a mile away, but chose to take the points. Oh well, My Bad.

Belichick played his hand perfectly. Chargers aggressive Defensive line had their sights on Brady but forgot why the Patriots spent a first round pick on a running back named Sony Michel, all the while still utilizing a very underrated versatile Rex Burkhead, and the elusive pass catching back James White..."Mr. White" is one of my favorite players in the NFL. He should change his name to "Heisenberg" because he is a small back perfectly deployed and always seems to stay healthy unlike other gifted small backs in the NFL. Now I understand why Dion Lewis is toting the rock in Opryland. In fantasy football realms I am in love with running backs who produce while staying on the field. It is a rarity. Joe Mixon, Barkley small sample size, Big Zeke in Dallas. Gurley for the most part. Small backs cannot be full-time guys Belichick knows that Jay Gruden not so much, ruining Chris Thompson by making him a 3 down back last year. I loved Warrick Dunn but didn't he have Mike Alstott plowing and tilling the fields

Patriots Backs combined for 240+ yards rushing... Game Over! Brady could text his sweet lady and kids while handing the ball off, "Honey lets go out tonight for dinner...Sushi or Vegan??"

It all sounds so easy... take the Patriots and the points cash your ticket after the game, go the steak house and order the Prime Cowboy Cut and a bottle of some dark inky Napa Cabernet. Boom!

Just slow the eff down Junior... Hold on just a cotton picking minute Sizzlechest! This Chiefs/Pats game is in Arrowhead, it's cold, and Andy Reid is not young Anthony Lynn. He knows Belichick is going to force the Chiefs out of their game plan and make them run the ball more. The Chiefs do not have a dynamic running back, they have very good backs Ware and Williams, but the QB needs to be very patient and not force throws into disguised coverages. Darth Vader will have spies on the field who know where Mahomes likes to throw on the run. Yes, the Chiefs better be able to run the ball effectively and better not spot the Patriots an early lead.

The Patriots, on the other hand, will try and do what they always do protect Brady with long methodical drives, dinking and dunking, keep the Chiefs offense off the field and it might frustrate the Chiefs into some untimely mistakes late in the game. This sounds like I am making a case for taking the points and the Patriots, and although I am very tempted to do that. You have to believe any team with Belichick, Josh McDaniels, and Brady should not only cover but actually win this game and prove all the doubters wrong once again! I can actually see that in my mind. The early bettors have bet the line down to 3 salivating for the hook.

But I am not taking the bait.

Here's what I think might happen. The Patriots will be game no doubt about it. But Andy Reid was not born yesterday and is pretty good at game planning as well. Belichick has only been scored on for more than 30pts six times and 3 of those were by Andy Reid teams. Including the last game which the Chiefs almost pulled out in Foxboro. The Chiefs have a great crowd at Arrowhead I can see Brady getting frustrated if things do not start well. Brady might go air and test the weak secondary even with Eric Berry coming back not 100% But their offense is relatively slow and the Chiefs are not a slow team.

I will take the Chiefs -3.5

Give Me the Under 57

I do not know what to expect in New Orleans so I will not write a lot here but I can tell you that I was really impressed with how the Rams ran the ball down Dallas' throat. Kudos to Sean McVay for outsmarting Jason Garrett.

I predicted the Saints would go to the Dance so I will stick with the Saints but I am not totally confident in that pick. Aaron Donald could wreak havoc on Sean Peyton's game script. Brees is not a young buck anymore and the Saints have looked a little stale as of late. But I think they will be ready at home and be able to counter the Rams.

This should be a really great game! Two really talented teams with 2 really good coaches who both know how to prepare.

Taking the Saints -3.5

Taking the Over 56.5

I think the Chargers had something like 7 Pro Bowl Players this year. The Patriots had 2 Gilmore and Brady. Melvin Gordon, Rivers, Keenan Allen all going to Hawaii. Watching the Divisional game last week we got to see the breaking of a team on live TV. Phillip Rivers decided to press the envelope and paid for it over and over and over again. Antony Lynn thought Belichick and Josh McDaniels would not be able to keep Brady upright long enough to find the open man in their 7 DB scheme like Brady is Lamar Jackson???

But it is cold, it is in Foxboro, and all the ghosts of games lost by the road team came to roost in New England. Rivers the swashbuckling Qb was literally reduced to a whining whithering pulp by the end of the game. Do not give Belichick two weeks to prepare for a team traveling across the country MAKING THE ROAD TEAM LAME AGAIN! Chargers got screwed on that count. 12 games won and they are traveling to an unfriendly venue two weeks in a row. Playing a top 2-3 defense in the league and then the Best Coach in Modern Day history in a cold weather game on the road! I should have seen this coming from a mile away, but chose to take the points. Oh well, My Bad.

Belichick played his hand perfectly. Chargers aggressive Defensive line had their sights on Brady but forgot why the Patriots spent a first round pick on a running back named Sony Michel, all the while still utilizing a very underrated versatile Rex Burkhead, and the elusive pass catching back James White..."Mr. White" is one of my favorite players in the NFL. He should change his name to "Heisenberg" because he is a small back perfectly deployed and always seems to stay healthy unlike other gifted small backs in the NFL. Now I understand why Dion Lewis is toting the rock in Opryland. In fantasy football realms I am in love with running backs who produce while staying on the field. It is a rarity. Joe Mixon, Barkley small sample size, Big Zeke in Dallas. Gurley for the most part. Small backs cannot be full-time guys Belichick knows that Jay Gruden not so much, ruining Chris Thompson by making him a 3 down back last year. I loved Warrick Dunn but didn't he have Mike Alstott plowing and tilling the fields

Patriots Backs combined for 240+ yards rushing... Game Over! Brady could text his sweet lady and kids while handing the ball off, "Honey lets go out tonight for dinner...Sushi or Vegan??"

It all sounds so easy... take the Patriots and the points cash your ticket after the game, go the steak house and order the Prime Cowboy Cut and a bottle of some dark inky Napa Cabernet. Boom!

Just slow the eff down Junior... Hold on just a cotton picking minute Sizzlechest! This Chiefs/Pats game is in Arrowhead, it's cold, and Andy Reid is not young Anthony Lynn. He knows Belichick is going to force the Chiefs out of their game plan and make them run the ball more. The Chiefs do not have a dynamic running back, they have very good backs Ware and Williams, but the QB needs to be very patient and not force throws into disguised coverages. Darth Vader will have spies on the field who know where Mahomes likes to throw on the run. Yes, the Chiefs better be able to run the ball effectively and better not spot the Patriots an early lead.

The Patriots, on the other hand, will try and do what they always do protect Brady with long methodical drives, dinking and dunking, keep the Chiefs offense off the field and it might frustrate the Chiefs into some untimely mistakes late in the game. This sounds like I am making a case for taking the points and the Patriots, and although I am very tempted to do that. You have to believe any team with Belichick, Josh McDaniels, and Brady should not only cover but actually win this game and prove all the doubters wrong once again! I can actually see that in my mind. The early bettors have bet the line down to 3 salivating for the hook.

But I am not taking the bait.

Here's what I think might happen. The Patriots will be game no doubt about it. But Andy Reid was not born yesterday and is pretty good at game planning as well. Belichick has only been scored on for more than 30pts six times and 3 of those were by Andy Reid teams. Including the last game which the Chiefs almost pulled out in Foxboro. The Chiefs have a great crowd at Arrowhead I can see Brady getting frustrated if things do not start well. Brady might go air and test the weak secondary even with Eric Berry coming back not 100% But their offense is relatively slow and the Chiefs are not a slow team.

I will take the Chiefs -3.5

Give Me the Under 57

I do not know what to expect in New Orleans so I will not write a lot here but I can tell you that I was really impressed with how the Rams ran the ball down Dallas' throat. Kudos to Sean McVay for outsmarting Jason Garrett.

I predicted the Saints would go to the Dance so I will stick with the Saints but I am not totally confident in that pick. Aaron Donald could wreak havoc on Sean Peyton's game script. Brees is not a young buck anymore and the Saints have looked a little stale as of late. But I think they will be ready at home and be able to counter the Rams.

This should be a really great game! Two really talented teams with 2 really good coaches who both know how to prepare.

Taking the Saints -3.5

Taking the Over 56.5

Interesting

I see only myself and CHunt taking the Todd Gurley fueled Rams.

We shall see if the Saints can stop his fabulous wheels.

Well thankfully I was in the mountains for the weekend so I didn't actually bet any of the game.

Conference championship lines:

Rams 56.5

Saints -3.5

Patriots 57.5

Chiefs -3.5

Not sure what we're doing but here's my picks. I'll adjust accordingly if need be.

LAR + 3.5

LAR/NO Over 56.5

NE +3.5

NE/KC Under 57.5

Going to regret this, but oh MF well!!

KC - 3.5

Every forecast I've seen has the high for KC at 27-28 degrees. So colder than the Colts game, but shouldn't have any precipitation for the game. I may regret it, but I'm going to flip to the OVER for KC/NE since the forecasted temp has drastically improved.

*Friday update: Forecasts are now up to 30-33 degrees. Going to be an awesome day.

Yep 33 and sunny. Groovy.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

It is just awesome that you are attending Arrowhead and will see it live! Bravo!

So you say it might just get above freezing do ya? Well then the ole touch suggests in addition to the wee flask of nippin' juice, you also take a split of good bubbly. Have that split in bubble wrap in a bag left in your vehicle. It will be kept at a nice cold temperature in your BMW.

You with me Adam?

You arrive at your vehicle after seeing an awesome win by the home town Chiefs.

You fish out the split.

You open that baby up, you look upwards into the Missouri sky, you shout "Heck/Hell Yes, this is fantastic ", and you savor the French bubbly in celebration.

I'm really hoping this plays out wonderfully for you and the Chiefs, Adam.

Have a damn blast experiencing a HUGE NFL Game sir.

veuve_clicquot_375ml_half_bottle__94066.1367957091.500.750.jpg?c=2

You fish out the split.

You open that baby up, you look upwards into the Missouri sky, you shout "Heck/Hell Yes, this is fantastic ", and you savor the French bubbly in celebration.

In the Arrowhead parking lot, I think it might be more appropriate to shotgun a beer than "savor the French bubbly" but I'll see what I can do. lol We'll either be celebrating or drowning our sorrows. Regardless of the outcome, we'll have a blast. They made it a lot further than anyone would have expected before the season started. The whole run has been amazing. Just hope we can cap it off.

BMW?!?!?! That's funny.

Here is the prop bet I like for this weekend at Arrowhead.

( not for anything regarding the contest mind you) .

Chiefs win by more than 7 points........+ 475

That has to be worth a twenty spot.

You fish out the split.

In the Arrowhead parking lot, I think it might be more appropriate to shotgun a beer than "savor the French bubbly" but I'll see what I can do. lol We'll either be celebrating or drowning our sorrows. Regardless of the outcome, we'll have a blast. They made it a lot further than anyone would have expected before the season started. The whole run has been amazing. Just hope we can cap it off.

BMW?!?!?! That's funny.

OK a F-150 King Ranch then Show Me State dude.

perhaps you have read a post where I told of where I started this great game of golf ? In the LOU as they call it now. I lived in the STL from 1975-1979. Go Big Red was our cheer. AH good ole Terry Metcalf watched live at Bush Memorial for a few years..good times.

Go Chiefs ! is what this old NFC East St. Louis Cardinals fan has to say.

Adam,

If he gets them a trip to the Super Bowl.........then the big man in red deserves the French bubbly in my opinion............... lol

42X6D6WF3QI6RHAPF75PNVBCVI.jpg

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Monday will mark the 25th anniversary of Robert Kraft becoming owner of the New England Patriots, and looking back at what he said that day, he couldn’t have been more prescient.

“Some people think it’s pretty silly to spend so much money for just a game. But for those of you who aren’t fans, let me tell you that this game holds the attention of the community and communities throughout this country from August to January in a way that’s hard to explain if you’re not into it,” he said after paying a then-record $172 million for a franchise that was the doormat of the NFL. “And it really impacts the psychology and fabric of the community, and this is my hometown, and I just believe this hometown wouldn’t have been the same if this team had left here.”

Since that time, the Patriots have totaled 31 playoff wins, 18 AFC East championships, 9 AFC championships and 5 Super Bowls, becoming the most dominant team in the NFL.

You fish out the split.

veuve_clicquot_375ml_half_bottle__94066.1367957091.500.750.jpg?c=2

After a crushing Chiefs loss you use it as aftershave :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Hey Adam,

Are you on the edge of your seat this second half or what!????????

Damn in both games after halftime things got real interesting.

My damn pulse rate has been sky rocketing to the MAX1

2 OT's !

AWESOME games baby !