ecco biom hybrid 3

Very jealous of everyone that seemed to get these on sale. None of the shoes.com coupons seem to be working for them anymore. Just tried them on and agree they are the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever put onvbut $200+ is hard to swallow for the BOA when I know a lot of people got them on sale.

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18

Very jealous of everyone that seemed to get these on sale. None of the shoes.com coupons seem to be working for them anymore. Just tried them on and agree they are the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever put onvbut $200+ is hard to swallow for the BOA when I know a lot of people got them on sale.

EMLMYSTERYEXT, this one works, it expires at midnight, also, you might watch for sales at the Ecco web site. Their Labor Day sale was even better than shoes.com

I really appreciate it but when I go to checkout it tells me that both the lace and BOA versions are excluded.

I will keep looking as those were so comfortable I am going to need a pair

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18

So odd question...my shoes came with blue insoles that said extra width and I thought they were a little loose. I looked online a saw there should be regular inloses too. I contacted Ecco and they sent new insoles so I was set. But then I looked and there were also white insoles under the blue ones that say extra width and the replacements are grey, look different and don’t say extra width. The shoes fit and are comfortable either way, but are the blue insoles standard or did I get a pair with the wrong insoles?

So odd question...my shoes came with blue insoles that said extra width and I thought they were a little loose. I looked online a saw there should be regular inloses too. I contacted Ecco and they sent new insoles so I was set. But then I looked and there were also white insoles under the blue ones that say extra width and the replacements are grey, look different and don’t say extra width. The shoes fit and are comfortable either way, but are the blue insoles standard or did I get a pair with the wrong insoles?

I think they put 2 insoles with each pair of shoes.

Still, they run a little wide - Size 45 and the toe to heel is fine - the width a tad much - need a bigger insole, which if I go into my closet, I can find.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I bought a pair of Cage shoes. At first I thought, "Man, these things are hard." But after about an hour, these things were like socks. And they have some serious grip to them. How are the grip on these?

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I bought a pair of Cage shoes. At first I thought, "Man, these things are hard." But after about an hour, these things were like socks. And they have some serious grip to them. How are the grip on these?

Surprisingly amazing. I have noticed no difference in grip, even in wet conditions, coming over from a spiked pair of UA Spieth Ones (only that these are wayyyy more comfortable for my foot). FWIW I'm normally around 108-110 with my driver SS.

anyone else think these shoes are too deep. i have a lot of room on the top of my feet and as a result I have to tie the shoes tighter. and that leads to poor circulation. i'm buying insoles to thicken the bottom. i hope this remedies the problem. sketchers are the best fitting, but my first pair of sketchers started leaking. i'm not sure how long i had them. just a tad over 1 year. wonder what their warranty is...

Driver: Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus 6.0
3 Wood: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13* Fujikura Motore F3 70-S
Hybrid: Ping Rapture v2 17*
Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist 718 ap2 50* GW
Titleist SM6 54* M grind SW
Putter: Swag the Cooler

Swapped out the inserts w/ Dr. Scholl's athletic gel inserts. Much better fit and feels great walking on them. Love the arch support. Played Saturday on really wet condition. Shoes held up great!

Driver: Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus 6.0
3 Wood: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13* Fujikura Motore F3 70-S
Hybrid: Ping Rapture v2 17*
Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist 718 ap2 50* GW
Titleist SM6 54* M grind SW
Putter: Swag the Cooler

Swapped out the inserts w/ Dr. Scholl's athletic gel inserts. Much better fit and feels great walking on them. Love the arch support. Played Saturday on really wet condition. Shoes held up great!

Ha! Was just checking in on this thread to suggest this exact option. Glad it worked out for you.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Anyone used these as a multipurpose shoe? Curious as to how useable these would as an off-course casual shoe.

I've got a pair of spikeless Cage Pros that I love, but don't really think they work all that great off-course if you need to wear them for an extended period of time.

I'd probably pick up a pair of the new camel color and the white/grey for knocking around on weekends if they would be useable off-course as well as on ...

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

• 4 weeks later...

For those that missed it (like I did) it looks like Ecco now offer a sequel to the Cage Pro that comes with Gore-Tex.

https://us.ecco.com/ecco-mens-cage-pro-boa-2-133054.html?dwvar_133054_color=01007

I was ready to re-up on my BH3 BOA's for next year, with my only hesitation being that size 46 were slightly too big and the size 45 were slightly too small. I really liked the Cage Pro BOA's and the fit was absolutely perfect for my size 12 foot, however at $200+ dollars they were steep for not being waterproof. My only other hangup was that the sole showed some wear after about 4-5 months of play and some of the knobs on the SPYDR grip has worn down significantly. My BH3 sole looks just about brand new after an entire season of use. I usually rotate my footwear but this year I stuck with the Ecco's for 98% of my golf and they saw 40-50 rounds.

If they improved the durability of the SPYDR sole I may be going back to the Cage Pro's. Although the Biom G3's look extremely nice as well...

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Looks like there are going to be some new styles of bh3 for the spring. I wasnt partial to this past years styling, so I'm looking forward to the spring.

Titliest Tsr3 9* Hazardous Black 6.5 gen 4

Nike SQ2 19* Hybrid Aldila VS Proto 95s 

Mizzy MP18 SC 4-6 MB 7-PW C-Taper S

Vokey SM9 50/08, 54/10, 58/08  s400

Scotty T22 Fastback 1.5 ,+ ,+ ,+ ,+

For those that missed it (like I did) it looks like Ecco now offer a sequel to the Cage Pro that comes with Gore-Tex.

https://us.ecco.com/...054_color=01007

I was ready to re-up on my BH3 BOA's for next year, with my only hesitation being that size 46 were slightly too big and the size 45 were slightly too small. I really liked the Cage Pro BOA's and the fit was absolutely perfect for my size 12 foot, however at $200+ dollars they were steep for not being waterproof. My only other hangup was that the sole showed some wear after about 4-5 months of play and some of the knobs on the SPYDR grip has worn down significantly. My BH3 sole looks just about brand new after an entire season of use. I usually rotate my footwear but this year I stuck with the Ecco's for 98% of my golf and they saw 40-50 rounds.

If they improved the durability of the SPYDR sole I may be going back to the Cage Pro's. Although the Biom G3's look extremely nice as well...

Hi - I am curious as to your thoughts on how comfortable the Cage Pro (I assume you had spikeless ones?) compared to the BH3s?

I have been a huge fan of the BH series (had BH1 that lasted for 3+ years and going strong, the only thing I didn't like about them is that it's not that waterproof). I also had the Cage BOAs (with cleats, gen 1) that worked well, but it leaked water after less than 6 months of usage.

I am deciding whether I should go with the BH3 Boa or the Cage Pro BOA (gen 2), both have the Gore-Tex GTX so should work well for the early morning rounds.

My main concerns are whether the SPYDR soles would be compared to the BH3 soles, and if the BH3s would be more comfortable considering Cage Pro 2 technically is not a Biom shoes?

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

https://us.ecco.com/...054_color=01007

Hi - I am curious as to your thoughts on how comfortable the Cage Pro (I assume you had spikeless ones?) compared to the BH3s?

I have been a huge fan of the BH series (had BH1 that lasted for 3+ years and going strong, the only thing I didn't like about them is that it's not that waterproof). I also had the Cage BOAs (with cleats, gen 1) that worked well, but it leaked water after less than 6 months of usage.

I am deciding whether I should go with the BH3 Boa or the Cage Pro BOA (gen 2), both have the Gore-Tex GTX so should work well for the early morning rounds.

My main concerns are whether the SPYDR soles would be compared to the BH3 soles, and if the BH3s would be more comfortable considering Cage Pro 2 technically is not a Biom shoes?

I actually had the Cage Pro BOA as well as a pair of the Cage Pro spikeless laced shoes. For whatever reason, the Cage Pro BOA were unbelievably comfortable right out of the box, while the laced version were still stiff and not very comfortable even after a couple ranges sessions and rounds played.

The Pro BOA's were supremely comfortable for my longer somewhat narrow foot and were certainly lower profile. They kept you more in touch with the ground similar to the old Ecco Biom Zero. Good for players who like to feel the slope of the green when reading putts and who prefer a more natural range of motion during the full swing. The BH3's felt wider, a little plusher/more stable and akin to a traditional golf shoe albeit without the feeling of having true spikes under your feet. I don't think I could tell you either one was more comfortable than the other as they are both extremely comfortable and really it boils down to a matter of how close or connected to the ground you want to feel.

I've had very few issues where I slipped during a swing with either one, though both seemed to struggle more than a traditional spiked shoe on firm ground with light moisture on it, i.e. when your course hasn't had rain in a couple weeks and the marine layer settles in during the evening. I can't point to any instances where I slipped and lost strokes or anything like that, more like I just seemed to slip while walking down steep slopes in those kinds of conditions.

Basically I think it will boil down to how wide your foot is and how locked down you like to feel in your golf shoe. The Cage Pro's are more narrow and feel like an extension of your feet when you dial them in tight, the BH3's definitely had more room side to side/front to back but with a little added stability. I think I would give a slight edge to the sole on the BH3's because of the durability. If they made a Cage shoe with the BH3 sole I'd be a very happy man.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Drudersh - Thank you for the thorough response! It was very helpful.

I want to make a minor clarification to the post I made earlier to others who maybe reading this. The naming convention of the Ecco Cage BOAs (gen 1) was actually quite confusing. For the Gen 1, Ecco Cage Evo BOA (or some websites called it simply Ecco Cage BOA) was actually a soft spike golf shoes, and the Ecco Cage Pro BOA was the SPYDR spike-less shoes.

I actually bought both versions, but ended up selling the Cage Pro Spike-less BOA before trying them out on the course simply because while both shoes were extremely comfortable, I opted for the spiked Cage BOA as I still had a pair of Biom Hybrid (gen 1) that I was rotating with the Cage BOA. And once I realized that the Cage BOA was not as water-resistant as the Biom Hybrids, I opted to sell the Cage Pro Spikeless (SPYDR) Boa because I really want the "waterproof" ability since I played mostly in early mornings where there are a lot of dew on the fairway.

I actually never had a problem with regards to slipping with either Cage Evo BOA (Spiked) or the Biom Hybrid (g1), not unless I was swinging out of my shoes (haha).

Originally, I was set on getting BH3 BOA, but then the Cage Pro 2 BOAs just appeared on Ecco's website. I think aesthetically, I prefer the Cage Pro 2 BOA top look and the BH3 BOA bottom, hahah. Hopefully they will introduce more shoes and options. I have to use up my courtesy gift card before year end!

For those that wants to know how each of the tractions may perform, Amazon actually have a list of the various Ecco bottoms and how each of the soles perform in various categories, I'll paraphrase the table below (tried to paste but didn't work):

Categories are: Off-course usage, On-Course Performance, Stability and Torsion, Flexibility, Ant-Clogging, Traction

E-DTS (original Biom nubbin soles) - Better, Better, Good, Better, Good, Best

SPYDR-GRIP - Good, Best, Better, Better, Best, Best

Tri-Fi-Grip - Best, Better, Best, Best, Better, Best

Spike Outsole - No, Best, Best, Good, Good, Best

If you are interested in seeing the pictures of the soles, just go to Amazon and search for Ecco Cage Pro and scroll about half way into the page.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

Hey everyone shoes.com has a 30% off coupon today. I got the boa normally $219 for $153. If you use ebates you get 12% back on top.

Vessel XV Cart White
Ping G430 Max 12* Ventus TR 5R

Ping G430 Max 3W Ventus Red 6R

Ping G425 4/5/6 Hybrid Regular 
Ping I525 7-U Alta Slate Stiff+1/4 Blue Dot Dot
Ping Glide 4.0 52/56/60 Steelfiber F3 +1/4 Blue Dot
LAB DF 2.1 Blue 35.5 67* 

Titleist Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star

• 1 month later...

My golfing buddy has a pair of Bioms from a few years back. He loves the comfort, but whenever we play in the wet/damp conditions I can't help but notice the outer leather on his shoes gets completely saturated and it looks like his feet must be getting soaked. He says they stay dry, so it must just be the outer Yak leather.

Do the newer models still do this? His look like a worn out pair of 10 year old sneakers when they get wet.

I can attest to this. Worn bioms since day one for a lot of my rounds. They are water proof. I mean all the way to heavy rain and puddles.

Really comfortable and good grip. I have a grey pair that I wore the nubs off of. Then retired then to work wear in my shop. That was almost 2 years ago and the upper is still in good shape and water proof. Easily the highest quality shoe or boot I’ve ever bought.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I agree. I've had them since they were first released. The best shoe I've ever had. I usually use a white eraser couple of times a year to clean up then spray with Ecco conditioner. I still use my first series to cut the lawn, and they are 5 years old?. I like the new design for summer better than last years. It looks similar to the last gen with the new sole.

Titliest Tsr3 9* Hazardous Black 6.5 gen 4

Nike SQ2 19* Hybrid Aldila VS Proto 95s 

Mizzy MP18 SC 4-6 MB 7-PW C-Taper S

Vokey SM9 50/08, 54/10, 58/08  s400

Scotty T22 Fastback 1.5 ,+ ,+ ,+ ,+

I'm looking to replace my Biom Hybrid 3 BOA's with a pair of Biom Hybrid 3 BOA's. My ONLY issue was that they ran a little big. Did anyone size down in these and have success? I'm a 12 in Nike, Adidas etc. and the Cage Pro Boa 46 fit me like a glove but the BH3's are noticeably longer heel to toe.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I'm looking to replace my Biom Hybrid 3 BOA's with a pair of Biom Hybrid 3 BOA's. My ONLY issue was that they ran a little big. Did anyone size down in these and have success? I'm a 12 in Nike, Adidas etc. and the Cage Pro Boa 46 fit me like a glove but the BH3's are noticeably longer heel to toe.

there are a few of us who've had past experience with ecco, as you can see earlier in this thread, and felt these ran a bit long and went down a size(from a 40 to a 39 for me).