The Grint! Tour Season 3: Race To Sand Hills

Hey everyone!

I am super jacked about this upcoming season. The first two were so much fun and this year should be better. As of now, I do plan on having an actual outing this year! A small stay and play for 3 days or so in the sand hills of NC. Now in order to do this, I will need a realistic headcount in order to make it happen. The sites will be Tobacco Road, Tot Hill, and a third option possibly. It will more than likely be in the warmer season (thinking possibly August or September). If we can get at least 8 people that would be awesome, but if we can get 12 or so, we can certainly do something pretty cool. Especially with how the app can do live scoring/tournaments and what not. Any way!

If you would like to be a part of this year's tour please send me a PM. Even if you were a part of it last year please do this. If I don't get a PM I am going to clear those who do not. Please include your First and Last name, Grint ID, and location. This will help us make sure the right person is added.

Here are the general guidelines for the Club and Events:

1. All members must be golfwrx members interested in fun monthly events to unite us across the the country.

2. Honesty on scoring is a must! We are depending on you to be honest, and for you to realize that you are not and never will be a professional golfer. We think you're cool though, which counts for something.

3. You may play from any tee you desire, but again, please be honest and choose the tee you normally would/should play.

4. Keep score to the best of your ability according to the rules of golf when posting your monthly event scores. This is for fun, but please no mulligans, try to putt everything out, etc.

5. You may use only one combined 9 hole scores for events. The other recorded round of the month must be 18. Again, be big boys and girls and do this with integrity. No reason to cheat the system.

6. Rounds must be elected event rounds before the round begins (via app. If you do not know how to choose this, please ask!). Do not quit tracking halfway through because you feel it's not going well.

7. Players need to track stats along the rounds through the app. Tie-breakers are dealt with stats such as putts, GIR, FIR, Grints, etc.

8. The chairman and vice chairman (DarthMaduro/CigarNate) have the right to put in place any new rule/regulation they see fit to keep the club happy and running smoothly.

9. There will be Two Events a month that are compiled of one round each. Season runs from March-October (16 total rounds). Events will start the first day of the month and run to the last day of the month. The highest 8 rounds will be dropped and lowest 8 rounds will be used for scoring. Scoring will be total score for the year.

10. If posting Event Rounds here with pictures/scores, please try to remember to state what event it is and which round (ie: March/Round 1)

11. Have fun!!

DISCLAIMER: This club has in no way shape or form any endorsement, agreement, or formal association with the GolfWRX website, its staff, or its sponsors.

To post combined 9 hole rounds.

1. Log onto the Grint online (not phone app)

2. Click scores tab/link up top

3. Click Add Score in the Top Right Corner

4. Click Combined 9 hole score option

5. Now choose courses and 9s you played for each score card

6. Be sure to click on Club event from the Drop down menu

7. Fill Out Score card with scores and stats

8. Click Club Tournament Score (above submit button)

9. Submit score

10. Upload Score cards pictures

Forever Changing at this point.......

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM sent. Not sure what my Grint ID is though...

Would love to participate in a meet-up but NC is a long way from CA so not sure if that'll be realistic for me.

Thanks Papa J for putting this together again.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Gentlemen,

Trip has been set up! I am trying to see if maybe one more round could be added, but will see. Now with this being the first ever live event of our Tour, it is smallish. I am trying to test the waters and see how much interest goes with this one. If we can at least get people here, then we can try and make them a little better each time. I'm willing to put in the work to plan these things, but it's up to yall to commit and actually do it. Now onto the details,

Event: WRXWeb Tour Championship 2019

Dates: August 23/24, 2019

Courses: Mid-Pines and Tobacco Road

Cost: $320 per person

*Cost includes one night stay at the Best Western, one round of golf at each course, and entry Fee (this fee will cover some type of comp. either prizes/skins/etc)

Format: Still Deciding. If we get even numbers and at least 8-10, then maybe a team format could be done...... Will be handicapped though appropriately.

Prizes: working on it, but just so yall know, the prizes won't have to do with who wins or loses. It is about fun

Obviously don't need a firm answer now, but I want people to mark it down and look at trying to make it happen. I will bump this post every now and then to remind yall. If I don't have enough people to sign up before a certain date, it won't be happening.

Attending:

1. PapaJohick

Thanks Papa for all you’ve done for this Tour! I would love to get to this event, but with the date chosen I’m a firm out...anniversary that week and would be divorced if I went :(

Best of luck getting it going though.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Thanks Papa for all you’ve done for this Tour! I would love to get to this event, but with the date chosen I’m a firm out...anniversary that week and would be divorced if I went :(

Best of luck getting it going though.

haha ya better not plan a golf trip for that weekend :)

That's ok though. Hopefully this goes well and we can do this more than once a year.

• 2 weeks later...

WRXWeb Tour Championship 2019 looks awesome. Unlikely I can make it but I do have the dates added to my calendar.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this to keep fresh for people :)

Trip has been set up! I am trying to see if maybe one more round could be added, but will see. Now with this being the first ever live event of our Tour, it is smallish. I am trying to test the waters and see how much interest goes with this one. If we can at least get people here, then we can try and make them a little better each time. I'm willing to put in the work to plan these things, but it's up to yall to commit and actually do it. Now onto the details,

Event: WRXWeb Tour Championship 2019

Dates: August 23/24, 2019

Courses: Mid-Pines and Tobacco Road

Cost: $320 per person

*Cost includes one night stay at the Best Western, one round of golf at each course, and entry Fee (this fee will cover some type of comp. either prizes/skins/etc)

Format: Still Deciding. If we get even numbers and at least 8-10, then maybe a team format could be done...... Will be handicapped though appropriately.

Prizes: working on it, but just so yall know, the prizes won't have to do with who wins or loses. It is about fun

Obviously don't need a firm answer now, but I want people to mark it down and look at trying to make it happen. I will bump this post every now and then to remind yall. If I don't have enough people to sign up before a certain date, it won't be happening.

Attending:

1. PapaJohick

2. StogiesNotBogeys

3. StogiesNotBogeys +1

Here are the general guidelines for the Club and Events:

[...]

6. Rounds must be elected event rounds before the round begins (via app. If you do not know how to choose this, please ask!). Do not quit tracking halfway through because you feel it's not going well.

[...]

Posted my first tour round today. I really wish rule #6 didn't exist because I had two nightmare holes that I wish I could hide from the world :fool:

9. There will be Two Events a month that are compiled of one round each. Season runs from March-October (16 total rounds). Events will start the first day of the month and run to the last day of the month. The highest 8 rounds will be dropped and lowest 8 rounds will be used for scoring. Scoring will be total score for the year.

@Papa Johick, how do you track this? Do you keep a running spreadsheet or does the Grint have a feature that helps? If it's the former, I've made my fair share of Google Sheets and would be happy to help build a simple, publicly visible sheet that is updated monthly. Also happy to sit back and shut up.

On a completely separate note, I am dying to know how the Grint calculates "points" per round. I know we are not using it, but it is bugging me that I can't figure it out. It's probably so simple that I'm just looking past it.

Haha I’ve been there with rule 6. Plenty of rounds last year I was doing ok and just messed the bed.

I have a running spreadsheet in excel that works so far, but if you want to send me what you’re thinking I’m always up to see if there is anything that makes it easier. PM me and I’ll send you my email.

Points wise? I have no idea how or what the points mean haha. It’s something I can set for each month/event but since I don’t use it for anything, I don’t mess with it. If this was a legitimate competition for best scores/overall season play it would be a little helpful (kind of like fed ex points haha)

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Papa Johick" said:

> Bumping this to keep fresh for people /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

>

>

>

> Trip has been set up! I am trying to see if maybe one more round could be added, but will see. Now with this being the first ever live event of our Tour, it is smallish. I am trying to test the waters and see how much interest goes with this one. If we can at least get people here, then we can try and make them a little better each time. I'm willing to put in the work to plan these things, but it's up to yall to commit and actually do it. Now onto the details,

>

>

>

> Event: WRXWeb Tour Championship 2019

>

> Location: Southern Pines, NC

>

> Dates: August 23/24, 2019

>

> Courses: Mid-Pines and Tobacco Road

>

> Cost: $320 per person

>

> *Cost includes one night stay at the Best Western, one round of golf at each course, and entry Fee (this fee will cover some type of comp. either prizes/skins/etc)

>

> Format: Still Deciding. If we get even numbers and at least 8-10, then maybe a team format could be done...... Will be handicapped though appropriately.

>

> Prizes: working on it, but just so yall know, the prizes won't have to do with who wins or loses. It is about fun

>

>

>

> Obviously don't need a firm answer now, but I want people to mark it down and look at trying to make it happen. I will bump this post every now and then to remind yall. If I don't have enough people to sign up before a certain date, it won't be happening.

>

>

>

> Attending:

>

> 1. PapaJohick

>

> 2. StogiesNotBogeys

>

> 3. StogiesNotBogeys +1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

> @PapaJohick said:

> > @shaneyank said:

> > Hi @PapaJohick. Does the tour run into September? I do not see events for this month thus far.

>

> yes it does. Sorry. With hurricane prep I forgot to make the events.

Uhhhhhh, yeah, forget that I brought it up. I think the tour is a MUCH lower priority. I'll go crawl under a rock now! I hope you haven't been too affected. Best wishes!

> @shaneyank said:

> > @PapaJohick said:

> > > @shaneyank said:

> > > Hi @PapaJohick. Does the tour run into September? I do not see events for this month thus far.

> >

> > yes it does. Sorry. With hurricane prep I forgot to make the events.

>

> Uhhhhhh, yeah, forget that I brought it up. I think the tour is a MUCH lower priority. I'll go crawl under a rock now! I hope you haven't been too affected. Best wishes!

Haha no problem. Event is made and storm is well on its way from us. Nothing too crazy. just a lot of debris

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. Sorry I’ve been MIA and not posting stuff since the season ending. Unfortunately I’m going through a lot of personal stuff right now and have not been able to really get all the scores and stat stuff going. I know y’all see me playing haha but that’s my only release from what’s going on.

any who, I’m more than happy to keep the club going and putting up events, but when it comes to sending stuff out or doing most the other stuff, I just can’t really do that for the time being.

thank you all for enjoying this club and making it happen for a little while. Hopefully I can get back into it more and we can really ramp this up.

Thanks Papa Jo for everything you’ve done up to this point. Completely understand about the personal stuff. I really enjoy the club and competing even though I’m on the lower end of the handicaps.

best of luck with your stuff.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag