REVIEWS: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Testing. Read what member testers say.

Does anyone have any experience with the Atmos “patriot edition”?

I'm pretty sure it is just a different paint scheme rather than a different shaft profile...

It's actually a whole new profile, it slots in right between the blue and black profiles. A few of us in the office use it in fairway woods wood and it's perfect. https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/folds-of-honor/

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

How does the atmos black 8 tx bend profile compare to the tour spec 8.2.

The 8.2 is money in my 3 wood but very hard to find now for a backup

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

The black.

Emailing now...

I'll let you know how it goes!

Many, many THANKS!!

Did you hear anything back? I know that they mentioned in this thread a while back that they had made some of the Black 9x version available to the public through their certified dealers. I don't remember ever seeing anything about a blue version of the 9.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

The black.

Emailing now...

Many, many THANKS!!

Did you hear anything back? I know that they mentioned in this thread a while back that they had made some of the Black 9x version available to the public through their certified dealers. I don't remember ever seeing anything about a blue version of the 9.

Just Black from what I understand.

• 2 weeks later...

How does the atmos black 8 tx bend profile compare to the tour spec 8.2.

The 8.2 is money in my 3 wood but very hard to find now for a backup

VERY similar. ATMOS is a newer, improved generation of our motore TS line. So the Black 8TX will be more $$$ in your 3 wood. Contact your local charter dealer to demo or order: https://fujikuragolf...aler-locator-2/

The black.

Emailing now...

Many, many THANKS!!

correct, Black only in 90g

The black.

Emailing now...

Many, many THANKS!!

There is one, sitting in the corner, starring back at me, awaiting the head's return from Continental Golf!

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I had found out about these shafts a lot sooner. Definitely need a black 8x in my 3 wood.

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone play the 80 gram Black in their driver and had any luck without it being too heavy? I'm thinking of bumping up to the 8 as an experiment. Then also thinking of getting the Blue or Red 8 for my 3 wood as I need a little bit more launch with that club

Titleist TSi3 - TPO 70TX

Titleist 917 F2 16.5 - Diamana W 80X

Titleist 718 TMB 2 - MMT 105TX / TSi3 20 - TPW 100TX

Mizuno MP18 4-P - TTDG X100

Vokey SM9 50.12F, 56.12D - TTDG S400

Vokey SM8 60.08 M - TTDG S400

TaylorMade Tour Spider

Anyone play the 80 gram Black in their driver and had any luck without it being too heavy? I'm thinking of bumping up to the 8 as an experiment. Then also thinking of getting the Blue or Red 8 for my 3 wood as I need a little bit more launch with that club

I have a Blue in 7 and 8...they are both great in the fwys.

Kuch won, Tim Petrovic came close but Singh was too good. I was plesantly surprised that Tim was playing the Red ATMOS.

My original Season Opener ATMOs 60X (see my sig) is still in the bag, matched with the Rogue SubZero head now and it also has a Grip Master "Masters" edition leather grip. The Grip Master is just a -perfect- blend with the ATMOS graphics, a sight to behold. However, I am saving my picture till the Epic Flash comes out in 2019 and then I will match all 3 - that combo is going to be, you guessed it:

EPIC!

:)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I've got the Blue 8X tipped 1" in my driver, and it is still going strong. I haven't had any issue with it being too heavy, but I prefer a heavier shaft anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Fujikura, I am currently gaming the Speeder EVO 661 Tour Spec in X flex in my TS2 driver and it fits me very well. What Atmos would be closest to it?

Blue

Late to the party (as usual).

I just today hit a TM M4 D-Type 9.5 with a STOCK(?) Fuji 6X.

Despite my puny 93 mph swing sweed I got THE best results between that one, the same shaft in 6S and a Tensei White 6S. Ball speed same with all 3 but the 6X absolutely killed the spin rate. 26-2800 on the other 2 but down near 2100 on the 6S.

I believe the stock black shaft with the red markings is NOT "Tour Spec" but I can't find any specs on the shaft and the TM site is basically useless.

Can you give me some idea of the specs for the stock TM shaft ?

Thanks

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Just took a Long Drive prize for a tournament this weekend and this is AFTER I went back to my Epic GBB head.

The kicker is that I had a busted right shoulder as well (Lattisimus Dorsi) so this was a welcome gift from the Golfing God, Callaway & of course, Fujikura ATMOS :)

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

• 1 month later...

Notch another one for Kuch! Long too, Bridgestone head and ATMOS shaft :)

But this time, I think he was playing the ATMOS black (unless my colors on screen was scr8wed)

The black.

Emailing now...

Many, many THANKS!!

There is one, sitting in the corner, starring back at me, awaiting the head's return from Continental Golf!

How is that Black 9x working out for you??

But this time, I think he was playing the ATMOS black (unless my colors on screen was scr8wed)

Black 6S, as reported by a few different places! Honestly surprised he played the S as he was getting almost 170 ball speed from his driver. He's added some speed - almost 5 MPH. He even hit a 3 wood at 164 on one hole on Sunday.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD DS72 34.5"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Black 6S, as reported by a few different places! Honestly surprised he played the S as he was getting almost 170 ball speed from his driver. He's added some speed - almost 5 MPH. He even hit a 3 wood at 164 on one hole on Sunday.

6S? huh, now you got me wondering if I should keep my ATMOS 6-S as well. Been playing the 6X for a long while in my Callaway head. And the 6-S "for" a Ping head. For, the head has been long sold & contemplating what to do with the 6-S now + the fact Ping changed their adapter for the G410. Ugh.

Be interested to see how many Tour players still play the ATMOS aside from Kucher...

Fujikura Golf,

I still used and bag my Adams Fast 12 LS with Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.3 Tour Spec once in a while and really like that shaft. Which shaft is closer profile to Motore Speeder 6.3 TS, the Atmos Blue or the Atmos Black?

Thanks

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

Fujikura Golf,

I still used and bag my Adams Fast 12 LS with Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.3 Tour Spec once in a while and really like that shaft. Which shaft is closer profile to Motore Speeder 6.3 TS, the Atmos Blue or the Atmos Black?

Thanks

I know you asked Fuji, but I can offer my experience. For me, 6.3 was very similar to the Blue. The 6.2 would be more in line with the Black. I have used the 6.3 in my fairways in the past and currently used the Blue in my fairways.

BTW, I still bag my F12 LS with 6.2 on occasion...they are still monsters. Is your 7.5 a glued hosel?

Fujikura Golf,

Thanks

I know you asked Fuji, but I can offer my experience. For me, 6.3 was very similar to the Blue. The 6.2 would be more in line with the Black. I have used the 6.3 in my fairways in the past and currently used the Blue in my fairways.

BTW, I still bag my F12 LS with 6.2 on occasion...they are still monsters. Is your 7.5 a glued hosel?

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. That is what i thought, but i found out last night, did some googling and the fujikura website said similar profile is the black.

Yes i have experience with 6.2 and like the feel and smoothness of the 6.3 better, so i think i will hit both atmos blue and black.

Yes my 7.5 is the bonded glued version, the head is a beast the only head came close is the one i am gaming now the Tour Issue 2016 8.5 M2.

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

I just got a Black 7x to try out against my beloved Motore 757. Quick glue up last night and the weather is good enough for a range session today! The paintjob looks great in person, I've always loved gloss white shafts in woods.

I read about 20 pages of this thread regarding tipping, and decided to tip mine 1/2". I'm used to TM shafts being tipped an inch and split the difference versus recommendations to not tip at all. My 757 is tipped so it's only fair for comparison.

Going into it, I don't really know what to expect. Maybe a more consistent shot pattern, maybe a little better feel, but it will take a truly great shaft to unseat the one that I've moved from driver to driver for about 4 years. My swing is in winter shape but I'll focus on ease of delivery and shot shapes.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I just got a Black 7x to try out against my beloved Motore 757. Quick glue up last night and the weather is good enough for a range session today! The paintjob looks great in person, I've always loved gloss white shafts in woods.

I read about 20 pages of this thread regarding tipping, and decided to tip mine 1/2". I'm used to TM shafts being tipped an inch and split the difference versus recommendations to not tip at all. My 757 is tipped so it's only fair for comparison.

Going into it, I don't really know what to expect. Maybe a more consistent shot pattern, maybe a little better feel, but it will take a truly great shaft to unseat the one that I've moved from driver to driver for about 4 years. My swing is in winter shape but I'll focus on ease of delivery and shot shapes.

Range was shut down, so I grabbed my bag and walked 4 holes. 45 degrees, winds were blowing 10-15 with some gusts. Not a bad environment to test the Black and my M4 head (new to me)

Launch: a little lower than the 757, but I also realized two holes in that I had the adapter set on -.6° instead of standard. It was manageable and the one downwind drive I had ran forever. Carry distance was very solid into the wind with the Z-Star I was using. Temps+wind+dense air off the water (my club is on a creek off the Chesapeake, which was frozen) can drop driver carry around 20-25 yards during the winter.

Shot shape: straight. Really straight. I hit a big toe-draw on one hole and the ball remained in the fairway. On another hole, I hit two drives and one was my other miss- a block. The ball held its flight well and ended up in an OK spot.

Feel: firmer overall than the 757, in a way it almost makes the club feel lighter. Definitely firmer in the tip section, under the hands the Atmos feels less fluid and more one-piece. Impact felt very good for the cold weather, mishits felt very stable.

Idiot moment: when the adapter was curing, I was too eager to do the waggle test. I screwed up the alignment on my grip and will need to regrip.

I'm definitely going to give the Atmos Black a thorough testing throughout the winter and spring. I was impressed despite my own problems setting up the on-course test in a hurry. With a fresh grip and the correct loft, it might make a serious case to be my go-to.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX