2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Proudest/best day of your golf career

extrastiff

Link it if this thread already exists. I couldn't find it.

What's the best golf day you have had?

Had mine today:got to hit the range with my grandad for the first time in a long time. He is the one that introduced me to the game. While he has seen me swing the club really hard in the past, I'm pretty sure his eyes could never really track the hard slice that followed :)

Well I have put in a ton of work since the last time we played, and today I was crushing it. Wasalready feeling juiced because I took a couple days off in prep for this trip down south to see him (and hitting off grass range in January was super exciting lol) I was hitting everything straight and out of the park. Very cool to have him asking me for tips by the end of the bucket.

Then, for his 80, we all got him a new set of clubs top to bottom. I picked them out , and he loved them. And cause you GolfWRX crew turned me into a true equipment nerd, I was able to explain everything to him,and answer the surprising amount of questions he had. Everyone was impressed by my embarrassing amount of knowledge, and you could tell my grandad was overwhelmed and very grateful.

I have won a couple small things, played some good rounds, but nothing compared to today.

Needless to say I am psyched for the round tomorrow.

What is the best you have felt while doing something golf related? Could be getting a family member into golf, could be a crazy low round after lots of practice...

Let's hear it!

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returning and making university golf team after being first alternate (6th man) previous season

Then somehow win first invitational of the season with a crazy finish ... eagle, bogey, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard Ion 63x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

This past season I shot a 78 at our clubs last event of the year called the superintendents revenge. Lowest round of my life on probably the hardest course set up up I ever played. Asked our club pro what's the secret to play well in this and he said don't go for the flags, shoot the yardage and go for the middle of the green and put to the hole.It was great played with two of my best friends and the wife. Didn't win any skins but I forced quite a few carry overs.

This past season I shot a 78 at our clubs last event of the year called the superintendents revenge. Lowest round of my life on probably the hardest course set up up I ever played. Asked our club pro what's the secret to play well in this and he said don't go for the flags, shoot the yardage and go for the middle of the green and put to the hole.It was great played with two of my best friends and the wife. Didn't win any skins but I forced quite a few carry overs.

Love me a good tip and tuck

EvnRoll ER9

Winning our city Interclub with a 66(-6) but surpassed by seeing my son make his first birdie at age 12.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

It was when I was finishing up a Saturday afternoon round and my wife texted me on 18 to say the BBQ chicken was almost ready and so was she. Can't remember what my score was.

Another memorable day was a November Saturday of golf. I finished a nice round and made it home 45 minutes before dark in time to climb in my tree stand and shoot a pretty decent 7 pointer that was chasing a doe.

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

In 2012 I got my 1st hole-in-one with my 12yr old son present. I documented it b/c there's some pretty odd events that led up to it. Kinda long but here it is if anyone wants to read it.

February 18, 2012

Every Saturday afternoon throughout the years when I would return home from golf, my 12yr old son (Jimmy) first words were, “Dad! Did you get a hole-in-one today?” Reluctantly, with great disappointment (been playing almost 18 years) I would tell him about another countless lip out or shot that was 6’’ away or less.

One day, we are watching a marathon of "How it’s Made" on TV. While I started to make lunch in between episodes, I said to my son, “Wouldn’t it be cool if they showed how golf irons are made.” Five seconds after saying that, the first thing the announcer says, “Next up, how golf irons are made.” Yikes! I yell to the boy, “What are the odds of that!” And say, “Let's write down the brand because this has to be an omen!” They’re showing how the Ping G10 irons are made.

Of course when I mention this "message from above" to the wife, she states, “This is just another excuse for you to buy golf clubs." I said, “Well yeah, It’s an Omen!” For the following next few weeks the boy and I stop by all the usual suspects (Edwin Watts, Dick’s) but no one had the G10s and I couldn't justify an eBay purchase without at least hitting them. Finally, Golfsmith had a demo 7 iron.

After hitting the demo, I tell Jimmy, “I really don’t like the looks of this." I’m playing Tourstage Z101’s at the time and the thicker top-line on the G10 was a bit much. I decided to just forget about it and move on.

Meanwhile, after a few days went by, It just kept nagging at me, so finally I said, “Screw it!” I went on eBay, placed a bid and won a set.

This was on a Wednesday and the irons would be delivered by next Thursday. In addition, the wife was heading out-of-town that following weekend for a wine tasting trip with her girlfriends. Normally when she’s gone I'll cancel golf, and the boy and I will stay up late on Friday nights watching Godzilla movies, playing Xbox, eating gummy bears and fish sticks.

Thursday had finally arrived and the G10s were here. After Jimmy & I un-boxed the irons, we swung them in the backyard and I had a strong urge to play this upcoming weekend even though the wife would be gone. As a result, I asked my son if he would like to come with me to the Saturday mens points game (he's never been) and he says, "Sure, that'll be fun and I'll get to see the guys." I've been blessed for over 7yrs with the same group of guys who are all like brothers.

Saturday's morning alarm goes off at 5am. We wake up and get cleaned and dressed. I make us some breakfast and out the door we go. At the course, after checking in and introducing my son to some of the other men in the points game, we proceeded to the practice area: hit balls, chip, putt, and line up for the game. We tee off and start the round. I’m playing okay with the new irons and wasn't expecting much. I knew this was going to be more of a learning day so I'm just having a blast being with my son.

As the day progresses, we make the turn, grab some snacks and head towards the back nine. When we get to hole #11: par 3, 152 yards, the pin is in the back, slight wind in the face. I pulled my 6 iron and hit a nice high baby draw. I followed the ball all the way and as it hits the green (about 8 feet in front of the hole) one of my buds yells, “Get in the hole! Get in the hole!” and it rolls right in!!!!!

I couldn't believe it! My arms go straight into the air, my son and buddies come running over and we’re all hugging, jumping, and screaming! Wow! Just unreal! We get some pictures after I two finger my ball out of the cup. I’m so excited that I don’t play the rest of the round very well.

I text the wife "I DID IT! Hole-In-One!" She calls and cannot believe it either.

Now, while all this is going on, one of my best buds in the world is having the round of his life. He’s about to break (Old Man Par) for the first time and DOES! Shoots a 4 under 66.

Back at the clubhouse, I get congratulations from all (about 40 in our game) and buy drinks. My buddy won 1st place and I got my skin. :)

At this point, everyone is telling me they want Jimmy to ride with them next week because they believe he is an incredible source of good luck. I tell ya... as we're eating lunch, I kept thinking about (and still do) the chain of events that occurred for me to get this first hole-in-one. And lastly, to get it in front of my boy is a memory that I will cherish forever!

In 2012 I got my 1st hole-in-one with my 12yr old son present. I documented it b/c there's some pretty odd events that led up to it. Kinda long but here it is if anyone wants to read it.

February 18, 2012

Every Saturday afternoon throughout the years when I would return home from golf, my 12yr old son (Jimmy) first words were, “Dad! Did you get a hole-in-one today?” Reluctantly, with great disappointment (been playing almost 18 years) I would tell him about another countless lip out or shot that was 6’’ away or less.

One day, we are watching a marathon of "How it’s Made" on TV. While I started to make lunch in between episodes, I said to my son, “Wouldn’t it be cool if they showed how golf irons are made.” Five seconds after saying that, the first thing the announcer says, “Next up, how golf irons are made.” Yikes! I yell to the boy, “What are the odds of that!” And say, “Let's write down the brand because this has to be an omen!” They’re showing how the Ping G10 irons are made.

Of course when I mention this "message from above" to the wife, she states, “This is just another excuse for you to buy golf clubs." I said, “Well yeah, It’s an Omen!” For the following next few weeks the boy and I stop by all the usual suspects (Edwin Watts, Dick’s) but no one had the G10s and I couldn't justify an eBay purchase without at least hitting them. Finally, Golfsmith had a demo 7 iron.

After hitting the demo, I tell Jimmy, “I really don’t like the looks of this." I’m playing Tourstage Z101’s at the time and the thicker top-line on the G10 was a bit much. I decided to just forget about it and move on.

Meanwhile, after a few days went by, It just kept nagging at me, so finally I said, “Screw it!” I went on eBay, placed a bid and won a set.

This was on a Wednesday and the irons would be delivered by next Thursday. In addition, the wife was heading out-of-town that following weekend for a wine tasting trip with her girlfriends. Normally when she’s gone I'll cancel golf, and the boy and I will stay up late on Friday nights watching Godzilla movies, playing Xbox, eating gummy bears and fish sticks.

Thursday had finally arrived and the G10s were here. After Jimmy & I un-boxed the irons, we swung them in the backyard and I had a strong urge to play this upcoming weekend even though the wife would be gone. As a result, I asked my son if he would like to come with me to the Saturday mens points game (he's never been) and he says, "Sure, that'll be fun and I'll get to see the guys." I've been blessed for over 7yrs with the same group of guys who are all like brothers.

Saturday's morning alarm goes off at 5am. We wake up and get cleaned and dressed. I make us some breakfast and out the door we go. At the course, after checking in and introducing my son to some of the other men in the points game, we proceeded to the practice area: hit balls, chip, putt, and line up for the game. We tee off and start the round. I’m playing okay with the new irons and wasn't expecting much. I knew this was going to be more of a learning day so I'm just having a blast being with my son.

As the day progresses, we make the turn, grab some snacks and head towards the back nine. When we get to hole #11: par 3, 152 yards, the pin is in the back, slight wind in the face. I pulled my 6 iron and hit a nice high baby draw. I followed the ball all the way and as it hits the green (about 8 feet in front of the hole) one of my buds yells, “Get in the hole! Get in the hole!” and it rolls right in!!!!!

I couldn't believe it! My arms go straight into the air, my son and buddies come running over and we’re all hugging, jumping, and screaming! Wow! Just unreal! We get some pictures after I two finger my ball out of the cup. I’m so excited that I don’t play the rest of the round very well.

I text the wife "I DID IT! Hole-In-One!" She calls and cannot believe it either.

Now, while all this is going on, one of my best buds in the world is having the round of his life. He’s about to break (Old Man Par) for the first time and DOES! Shoots a 4 under 66.

Back at the clubhouse, I get congratulations from all (about 40 in our game) and buy drinks. My buddy won 1st place and I got my skin. :)

At this point, everyone is telling me they want Jimmy to ride with them next week because they believe he is an incredible source of good luck. I tell ya... as we're eating lunch, I kept thinking about (and still do) the chain of events that occurred for me to get this first hole-in-one. And lastly, to get it in front of my boy is a memory that I will cherish forever!

Thanks for this post sir. Just an incredible story all around. Enjoyed reading it, well written and entertaining ... the stars and/or planets do align at times for whatever reason(s)

EvnRoll ER9

Returning and making university golf team after being first alternate (6th man) previous season

Then somehow win first invitational of the season with a crazy finish ... eagle, bogey, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie

alright MJ lol. making the coach pay!

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

It would probably have to been in 2017 when I qualified for one of the two biggest state Am tournaments in my state. The qualifier was at a course where I play out of on a team where we play matches against other courses around the Detroit area, so it's a course I know fairly well, though I don't usually play great there. There's a few holes where the tee shots just don't fit my eye, and I struggle to get through all of them without making at least one big number most days. I played a practice round the weekend before the qualifier, and really thought out a game plan for how I wanted to approach each tee shot with the idea that I'd know what I was going to do ahead of time, so I could really try to commit to each shot. I managed to make birdie on my second hole, which is the one I probably struggle with the most on that course, and I played solidly, though not flawlessly for most of the round. On my 17th hole, I thought I'd given it away. It's another hole where I'm not super confident about the tee shot, but I hit a good one and put myself in position for a short wedge shot from the fairway. I proceeded to hit that horribly fat into some long grass in front of the green. I managed to get in for bogey, but that put me 2 over and I thought I'd need +1 or better to get in. I made par on the last hole, missing a long birdie attempt by an inch. I figured I was about to miss by a shot or two.

However, when I got to the scoring area, of the the few scores that were in, only a couple were better than me. I had to wait quite a while (probably close to 2 hours before everyone finished), but it became pretty clear that at worst, I was going to be in a playoff for the last few spots, and once the last scores were in, it ended up that 7 of us were going to play off for 5 spots. Good odds, but this was my first ever playoff, and nerves were definitely a factor. On the first playoff hole, I got myself to commit to the tee shot and put myself in a good spot, and hit my approach right at the flag, but it ended up bouncing just off the back of the green. I was able to putt, and ran it by about 3 feet. A couple of other guys in my group (we went off in 2 groups for the playoff) had gotten into trouble off the tee and made bogey, so I knew I just needed to make the 3 footer and I was in. I yipped it, and knew that I'd blown a great chance.

I wasn't the only one who had nerves, apparently, because only 2 guys of 7 made pars, so the remaining 5 of us went on to the next hole. I hit another good tee shot, and another approach right at the flag (long again), and left myself with about 20 feet for birdie. I think I was the only one of the 5 to hit the green in regulation, so I had another great shot to qualify. By the time it was my turn, I knew that I just needed to 2-putt and I was in, but that knowledge plus nerves led to me leaving my first putt well short, and I had another 3 footer, much like the putt I missed on the previous hole. Two of the other guys in the group made good putts for impressive up & downs, so I knew that if I missed, it was going to be 3 of us playing for the last spot. I stepped up and actually made a good stroke and got it in, and ended the playoff right there.

The missed short putt on the first hole notwithstanding, I was proud of how I'd managed to make committed swings and hit solid shots off the tee and on my approaches under pressure. This also came after I basically rebuilt my swing over the previous winter after struggles with consistency had frustrated me to the point of almost quitting golf altogether (I took 6 weeks in the prime fall season, which is my favorite time to play where I didn't touch a club). I changed from predominately hitting a draw to a fade, and worked hard to make that transition and to get comfortable with that on the course, so to execute that in one of my bigger events of the season, was pretty encouraging to me.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Playing in a scramble and my bud drives it 300 down the middle on the last hole. I hit a pw and it hops twice before going into the hole!!! We were all having a rough day and only 4 under until then, amazing. Later he says he would have holed it, right!!!

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

Two years ago. The final round of our yearly guys' golf excursion to Turning Stone.

Over the three days we're there we play five rounds, with three of the rounds counting towards an overall individual net score winner. I was leader after day 1, but after day 2 I had fallen to second place to a guy who was getting a 36 handicap index (I'm an 8 index). I was 4 strokes behind him going into the final day.

During the final round we're paired together in the last group. I'm playing great, throwing up par after par. He's putting up his usual bogey, double, triple scores, as a 36 handicap would normally do. And he's taking advantage of the 39 strokes he's getting, because I was leaderboard-watching on our scoring app as we played the holes. I was putting up pars, but could not gain any ground on him. Very frustrating to say the least when you shoot a 4, and then ask him what he shot on the hole. When he says "6", but then you realize he gets two strokes, sometimes three strokes on a hole, all of a sudden my par is only treading water with him. Or worse, sometimes it's losing ground to him.

Anyways, after about 8-9 holes of this I decide "screw it, I am playing great and there's just no way I am going to be able to catch him". I decide to change my mindset and stop worrying about what he's doing. I just wanna shoot a good score for me.

We get to hole 17, and I birdie that hole. I'm now +3 overall for the day (gross), and while I'm having one of the best rounds of my season I'm still nowhere near close enough to beat this guy. And I was ok with that.

Now up ahead of us on 18 is the other foursome in our group of guys. Included in that foursome is a good buddy of mine who is also about an 8 handicap, like myself. He and I love to play against each other for a beer, a few bucks, whatever. We always have a great time ribbing each other, and trying to beat each other's brains out.

So I tee off on 18, a par 5. I don't hit the tee shot great so I'm forced to lay up on my second shot. The third shot was easily 250 out, so I just lay up to about 75-80 yards to get into good position for my approach. I hit my LW from there to pin-high, about a 15 foot putt for par. We drive up to the green where our other group is hanging out waiting for us.

As I grab my putter and start walking to the green, my buddy whom I mentioned earlier asks me "how ya playing?". I say "if my math is correct, if I drain this putt for par I'll have a 75". He says "oh wow, I shot a 76". I smirk at him and say "diddddd ya now?". Most of the other guys heard this exchange, and are now very interested in my upcoming putt.

With everyone watching, I line up the putt and drain it. I erupted, as did all my buddies. My friend who shot the 76 looks at me and says "you a******", but then comes over to high-five me.

I didn't win the overall tournament that day, but it was a pretty cool ending for me regardless. To be able to stand over a putt with some actual pressure, and beat my good buddy like that was so much fun. And it's a good story to tell for a very long time.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

Of my career? Getting my first pga tournament under the belt, as a super not a player. So much more prep and work than I thought it would be, but I was a so glad to have a plethora of qualified help we got that job done. Getting some texts from players I knew was a cool feeling.

The proudest I have ever been golfing was actually for my girlfriend the first time she advanced to nationals years ago. I was a year ahead and she was part of a stacked freshmen class (freshmen of the year who won 3 times, and another who won twice) that led the team to number one in the country relatively quickly after sweeping the fall season. She was, still is, a terrific golfer player and led the team in top 10 finishes that year but never won as a result she never really got the respect i thought (or she thought even if she said all the right things) she deserved as a player. But she worked even harder over the summer, played a lot of golf made a coaching change and we played nearly every day until dark. She wins the first event sophomore year, wins another starting the spring semester shooting a school record 18, and conference record 36 hole score. Then she did very well at super regionals and advanced as an individual and had a great finish. I was never happier in my life for anything really...I knew how hard she had worked to get to that spot with her game and she’s always had that chip on her shoulder and the drive to do what’s necessary to win.

I won a stroke play event about 15 years ago. I started by hitting my opening tee shot into a pond and taking double bogey on the hole. I finished 5 over on 77 and won the 2nd flight. I was proud of my ability to hang in after the horrible opening hole.

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

A few memories....

• posting an 80 (+8) in a wager-filled round after making a sextuple-bogey 11 on the opening hole Par 5.
  • Working long hours (helping to keep course in good shape) before and during annual invitational, at the same time attempting to practice and keep myself sharp so I could also play well in said tournament.
  • Placing a phone call to my parents after having made my University golf team. Never had any expectation of making it (which probably helped my nerves), looking back that is what strengthened my belief in my game. Squeezed ahead of 3 returnees to get in as an alternate.

TaylorMade M4 (9.5*) -- w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+60 (X-stiff)
TaylorMade M1 3HL (17*) -- w/ UST Mamiya Proforce V2 7F4 (stiff)
Titleist 913F (19*) - Mitsubishi Diamana BB S+ 72 (stiff)
TaylorMade Tour Preferred (4-PW) -- w/ TT Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist Vokey SM6 M Grind (54*) 
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60*)
Odyssey Stroke Lab - One - w/ Super Stroke Flatso 2.0

About 4 years ago, shot even par (71) for the first time for 18 holes. I sunk a 10 footer for par on 18 to do it.

Hit em good

Driver: Ping G25

4w & 7w: Ping G25

23° Hybrid: Ping G25

5i - pw: Mizuno MP64

54° & 58°: Cleveland RTX 4 raw

Putter: The Wilson 8802 (vintage model)

Ball:  Titleist Pro V1x
Bag: Original Jones Golf Bag (green)

Yesterday, actually.

I finally played a full 9 holes without shanking/hooking/flubbing/topping ANY of my shots. 42 on a par 35.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

It would probably have to been in 2017 when I qualified for one of the two biggest state Am tournaments in my state. The qualifier was at a course where I play out of on a team where we play matches against other courses around the Detroit area, so it's a course I know fairly well, though I don't usually play great there. There's a few holes where the tee shots just don't fit my eye, and I struggle to get through all of them without making at least one big number most days. I played a practice round the weekend before the qualifier, and really thought out a game plan for how I wanted to approach each tee shot with the idea that I'd know what I was going to do ahead of time, so I could really try to commit to each shot. I managed to make birdie on my second hole, which is the one I probably struggle with the most on that course, and I played solidly, though not flawlessly for most of the round. On my 17th hole, I thought I'd given it away. It's another hole where I'm not super confident about the tee shot, but I hit a good one and put myself in position for a short wedge shot from the fairway. I proceeded to hit that horribly fat into some long grass in front of the green. I managed to get in for bogey, but that put me 2 over and I thought I'd need +1 or better to get in. I made par on the last hole, missing a long birdie attempt by an inch. I figured I was about to miss by a shot or two.

However, when I got to the scoring area, of the the few scores that were in, only a couple were better than me. I had to wait quite a while (probably close to 2 hours before everyone finished), but it became pretty clear that at worst, I was going to be in a playoff for the last few spots, and once the last scores were in, it ended up that 7 of us were going to play off for 5 spots. Good odds, but this was my first ever playoff, and nerves were definitely a factor. On the first playoff hole, I got myself to commit to the tee shot and put myself in a good spot, and hit my approach right at the flag, but it ended up bouncing just off the back of the green. I was able to putt, and ran it by about 3 feet. A couple of other guys in my group (we went off in 2 groups for the playoff) had gotten into trouble off the tee and made bogey, so I knew I just needed to make the 3 footer and I was in. I yipped it, and knew that I'd blown a great chance.

I wasn't the only one who had nerves, apparently, because only 2 guys of 7 made pars, so the remaining 5 of us went on to the next hole. I hit another good tee shot, and another approach right at the flag (long again), and left myself with about 20 feet for birdie. I think I was the only one of the 5 to hit the green in regulation, so I had another great shot to qualify. By the time it was my turn, I knew that I just needed to 2-putt and I was in, but that knowledge plus nerves led to me leaving my first putt well short, and I had another 3 footer, much like the putt I missed on the previous hole. Two of the other guys in the group made good putts for impressive up & downs, so I knew that if I missed, it was going to be 3 of us playing for the last spot. I stepped up and actually made a good stroke and got it in, and ended the playoff right there.

The missed short putt on the first hole notwithstanding, I was proud of how I'd managed to make committed swings and hit solid shots off the tee and on my approaches under pressure. This also came after I basically rebuilt my swing over the previous winter after struggles with consistency had frustrated me to the point of almost quitting golf altogether (I took 6 weeks in the prime fall season, which is my favorite time to play where I didn't touch a club). I changed from predominately hitting a draw to a fade, and worked hard to make that transition and to get comfortable with that on the course, so to execute that in one of my bigger events of the season, was pretty encouraging to me.

that is some awesome storytelling right there ! Thanks for sharing sir

EvnRoll ER9

The day my Dad caddied for me. He understood my passion and accepted my not pursuing baseball any longer.

Were you like "dad, in golf u walk miles... baseball, its like 100yds"