New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

I finally got out yesterday. I bought the AD DJ after some testing on a LM but only got in a round or two before the floods came. It's still very wet so I was hitting for optimum carry and it didn't disappoint. High bombs (for me) all afternoon. What is surprising to me is how easy it is to hit. I was skeptical about the TS3 because I had always been a 2 series guy but the distance difference was too much to ignore. I can hit fades, draws, and straight-ish shots with this thing no problem. It is a tremendous weapon to trust your driver. I find it frees up my swing in other areas as well.

"Distance difference" ??? :blink:

I've hit both heads and the "3" may be a yard or 2 longer (due to minimally less spin) on exact same hits but not a whole lot.

But the "2", to me, seemed to offer a fair bit more control, certainly enough to give up a couple of yards. :dntknw:

You mean you and me aren't the same person? Who would've thought! :lol:

I hit every major mfg offerings and every single one of them was within a yard or two of my 913D2 including the TS2. The TS3 was on average 8 yards longer than mine. Once I got fitted into the AD DJ I saw that number creep to 11 yards. So yes, you may have only seen a yard or two difference between them. For my swing, however, there was a noticeable difference in performance. And I don't really find it any harder to hit than my 913 was. Maybe not quite as forgiving as the TS2 on my worst swings, but I'll take that in exchange for a club or two less into every Par 4 and a better chance of making 5's in two any day of the week.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out the sequence of events.

It sounds like the key here may simply be the DJ shaft. I mean certainly not all those "every major mfg offerings" were with the DJ shaft, right ? I expect the TS2 was though, yes ?

I've never seen the DJ shaft in a demo group of shafts. In fact, I can't ever remember seeing a top end GD shaft in anybody's offerings (although I guess there are some somewhere).

Nevertheless, so the TS3 was 11 yards longer than "yours". That was the 913D2, correct ? But the 913D2 was also with the DJ shaft ?

Anyway, net-net, you get 11 more from the TS3 than the TS2 with the same DJ shaft, yes ? That seems a rather large difference but if that's what you get, that's what you get. :dntknw:

And with the same, or very similar control ? It's a keeper. Congrats :good:

No. I tested originally with the Kuro Kage on the TS3 and TS2. TS2 was about 3 yards longer on average than the 913D2 with the Matrix White Tie that I had before. The TS3 was 8 yards longer. 8 yards to me (Who hits it 265 on a good drive) is a club difference into greens. 3 not so much. After I bought the TS3 I tried several shafts on TrackMan with a local pro. He just happened to have a DJ there and it was the one I liked the feel of best and gained me an additional 3 yards over the KK. I went on eBay and bought one for $100 (no way I'd pay an additional 379 for that performance difference) and the have been pleased with the results so far. It's still fairly early so who knows what the long term will hold. My only concern is that I am a lower spin player anyway which is why I liked the DJ I feel as it gave me about 2-300 revs increase over the KK. Hopefully that keeps those ones I don't quite catch in the air instead of dive bombing. I've hit it long and straight thus far, but my swing is liable to change at any moment :lol:

I guess I should've been more clear. Some mfg offerings were longer than my 913. But dispersion was affected and I didn't want longer in the rough. The TS3 checked all the boxes for dispersion, distance, launch, etc. But if the TS3 wouldn't have been available the TS2 would've likely been my next choice.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

TS2 and Tensei Pro White combo is killer for me...bombing it off the tee

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Love my TS3. It's an absolute missile and absolutely stunning. Not massively hot on the sound though I must admit.

Swapped the smoke for the even flow after a month however. Smoke was just too light.

I find all the other brands technology and marketing ridiculous. 2018 drivers are manageable but the things Taylormade and callaway are claiming this year is laughable.

TS2 and Tensei Pro White combo is killer for me...bombing it off the tee

How is your spin with this combo? It seems like my launch and spin went up a bit compared to Pro White + 2016 M2 head. I've also had a slight tendency to catch it on the bottom of the face for some reason, so that could be it.

I had the Pro White tipped in my ‘17 M2 originally and it seemed to be middle of the pack spin wise about 2900-3200rpm.With the TS2 head and same Pro White shaft my Spin has dropped about 2-300 rpms but because of the forgiving/high launch head it has a real piercing ball flight. I haven’t hit a driver as good as this combo

I think it also has to be said that I’ve worked on my angle of attack since getting the TS2 so that could also be working in my favor with spin....height has not been an issue with the TS2

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I got my TS3 9.5 head yesterday and it’s 23 and windy and flurries today.

I guess I get to sit and imagine it’s greatness for a while. Damn it.

I feel you. We are getting hammered in Ontario right now. I was just on the course two days ago and now we're buried. Sad days. Florida again in two weeks though!

I got my TS3 9.5 head yesterday and it’s 23 and windy and flurries today.

I guess I get to sit and imagine it’s greatness for a while. Damn it.

I feel you. We are getting hammered in Ontario right now. I was just on the course two days ago and now we're buried. Sad days. Florida again in two weeks though!

My buddy is spending the winter a mile from the beach in Saint Pete.. He keeps asking me when I’m coming down. With 5 inches of snow on the way Saturday I am going to take a look at tickets.

I posted this on the Tour Equipment page but thought it was worth noting that this week at the Sony Open, Titleist has topped the driver count for the first time in a regular tour event since 2000. 38 of the 45 Titleist drivers in play are TS drivers. The nearest competitor has 32 drivers total in play. Validation for what a good product Titleist has created.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I just went through a fitting this week. Ended up with ts3 with evenflow white 65 6.0. 9 yards longer and much straighter than my 16 m2 with whiteboard.

Titleist tsi3 driver Evenflow White 6.0

Titleist ts3 3 wood

Srixon hybrid

Titleist t100s irons with $ taper shafts

Vokey sm8 50-54-58

Evnroll 1.2 putter

Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to Titleist fitting day today and plan to bring my 910 with me.

I’ve been hitting it really well and more curious to see if the TS2/3 is finally going to be able to blow away the 910.

Any one else go from the 910 to the new TS driver and see a significant difference in performance?

Well that was eye opening and the TS3 is the real deal!

I bought my 910d2 years ago used from my pro shop after demoing it for a round. It has served me well for a long time. After reading about the new TD driver I decided to go to a Titleist fitting day today.

I started by hitting my 910 to warm up and then got on the monitor with the 910. After hitting about 15 drives, some that I really “smoked”, the fitter started me with the TS2 Haz Smoke. First drive my spin went down from 3500 to 2400 and ball speed from 146 to 151. My carry went up 16 yards. Then Chuck put me into the Tensi White and my numbers were slightly better yet again. My miss was slight fade or a slight pull. He showed me I was coming slightly across the ball.

Then we hit the Jackpot. TS3 Tensi White in stiff. High draws with total spin down to 2200, ball speed up to 154, carry up 28 yards over my 910d2.

Good head and shaft combo ^

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I'm still playing my 910 D2 I was fitted for in early 2011. I went through a full fitting in 2016. Mainly for irons. I'd been playing PIng Zing clones for about 20 years. While I was there I had him do a quick fitting on driver. I tried all the major brands, Titleist 915 I think was the current Titleist driver at the time, Pings, Callaways, Taylormade, and Cobra. After trying them all with different shaft combinations the fitter came back with my 910, stuck it in my bag, and said he couldn't come up with an improvement. I've tried since then the 917 and a couple of Callaways. but didn't feel much of an improvement. I'm planning on a TS driver fitting soon. Except for my Callaway irons I'm all Titleist. I'd gone through quit a few drivers over the years and the 910 D2 was the only one I really liked since my original Big Bertha. Not great big Berha but the original. Can't wait to try the TS.

Ron

I bought my 910d2 years ago used from my pro shop after demoing it for a round. It has served me well for a long time. After reading about the new TD driver I decided to go to a Titleist fitting day today.

I started by hitting my 910 to warm up and then got on the monitor with the 910. After hitting about 15 drives, some that I really "smoked", the fitter started me with the TS2 Haz Smoke. First drive my spin went down from 3500 to 2400 and ball speed from 146 to 151. My carry went up 16 yards. Then Chuck put me into the Tensi White and my numbers were slightly better yet again. My miss was slight fade or a slight pull. He showed me I was coming slightly across the ball.

Then we hit the Jackpot. TS3 Tensi White in stiff. High draws with total spin down to 2200, ball speed up to 154, carry up 28 yards over my 910d2.

So how many years have you been spinning that 910 at 3500 ???

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I’m going to Titleist fitting day today and plan to bring my 910 with me.

I’ve been hitting it really well and more curious to see if the TS2/3 is finally going to be able to blow away the 910.

Any one else go from the 910 to the new TS driver and see a significant difference in performance?

Yes!

I went from 910 D2 into the TS3

Massive difference for me but mainly because I went down loft to get spin and launch down

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

I started by hitting my 910 to warm up and then got on the monitor with the 910. After hitting about 15 drives, some that I really "smoked", the fitter started me with the TS2 Haz Smoke. First drive my spin went down from 3500 to 2400 and ball speed from 146 to 151. My carry went up 16 yards. Then Chuck put me into the Tensi White and my numbers were slightly better yet again. My miss was slight fade or a slight pull. He showed me I was coming slightly across the ball.

Long time. Why, is that off the charts high???

Is this when you tell me your spin rate is 1800, swing speed is 125 and you carry it 300?

Is this when you tell me your spin rate is 1800, swing speed is 125 and you carry it 300?

DUDE REALLY.... this is WRX...!!!! Spin 1700, swing speed 135 and carry (with baby draw) is 350, roll out to 400 yards. You know better =)

• Haha 1

Nope. i don't know what my specs have to do with yours but since you (kinda) asked,,,,,,,, ss about 93, spin is ~2500, carry about 230 or so.

But I find, as you are a serious(?) single digit golfer spinning it in the mid 3K range for so long and not having your specs checked,,,,,,, and then finally testing a modern driver and are seemingly surprised that you found 28 yards of carry a bit,,,,,,,,,, surprising,,,,,,,,, especially vien you've been around this board for 4+ years,,,,,,,,,,,, :dntknw:

Titleist Pro V1X

DUDE REALLY.... this is WRX...!!!! Spin 1700, swing speed 135 and carry (with baby draw) is 350, roll out to 400 yards. You know better =)

Yea, that is way too low for WRX. Should be further.

Nope. i don't know what my specs have to do with yours but since you (kinda) asked,,,,,,,, ss about 93, spin is ~2500, carry about 230 or so.

But I find, as you are a serious(?) single digit golfer spinning it in the mid 3K range for so long and not having your specs checked,,,,,,, and then finally testing a modern driver and are seemingly surprised that you found 28 yards of carry a bit,,,,,,,,,, surprising,,,,,,,,, especially vien you've been around this board for 4+ years,,,,,,,,,,,, :dntknw:

Perhaps because I was content with hitting fairways consistently, even with only about 240 yard drives. Always liked the feel, sound and forgiveness of my driver, so never looked into my numbers.

Anyway, I’m stoaked that I FINALLY had a proper driver fitting and now have a better understanding of my numbers and what they all mean.

Perhaps because I was content with hitting fairways consistently, even with only about 240 yard drives. Always liked the feel, sound and forgiveness of my driver, so never looked into my numbers.

Anyway, I’m stoaked that I FINALLY had a proper driver fitting and now have a better understanding of my numbers and what they all mean.

Nothing wrong with a 910!!! Had it forever. I think the TS line will be right in the same grouping of status as the 910 honestly. Finally Titleist....Finally...!!!

On the range nest to a kid hitting one. Most obnoxious sound since the Hi Bore from Cleveland.

Rogue ST Max LS Oban Devotion 6/03 10.5, -1* @45.25" 

Paradym 3HL  Kai’li 60 R
Ping G410 19*,  22* & 26* Riptide CB 80 5.5
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-AW, SF i80cw R,  Or Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW, SF i95cw R   
PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

Nothing wrong with a 910!!! Had it forever. I think the TS line will be right in the same grouping of status as the 910 honestly. Finally Titleist....Finally...!!!

I'm sure there's nothing "wrong" with the 910 except it's 10 years old. For a.p. it simply spun too much. And maybe it wasn't even the head, maybe it was the shaft.

You can ask any totally independent source you want if a 10 year old driver can keep up with today's offerings and I doubt any one of them would give a blanket "Sure it will".

There MAY be one of 2 of 'em that could keep up but they are few and far between; if they even exist at all (Ping Rapture leaps to mind).

Titleist Pro V1X

On the range nest to a kid hitting one. Most obnoxious sound since the Hi Bore from Cleveland.

I don’t find it loud at all. Go figure.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX