Game Golf problem.

Against my better judgment, I went ahead and pre-ordered the new Game Golf Pro device a couple weeks ago. The deal was that for $230 I would get the device, plus one year of the "Smart Caddie" service for free (normally $50). I didn't actually care about the stupid caddie thing because the last time I tried it, it wasn't anything special. Still, since I was going to get it anyway, I figured I'd at least use it. Yesterday morning I received an email from Game Golf, with an "activation key" to get my one year Smart Caddie subscription. I clicked on the link, got the code, clicked over to the app store, and redeemed it. Imagine my surprise when I was STILL CHARGED THE FIFTY DOLLARS!!! Of course, I immediately sent Game Golf support an email to get the issue rectified. Their response is that it's not something they can fix, and I have to contact Apple support. WTF?!?!? It's not like I clicked the wrong button. My purchase history in the app store even says that I bought the "promo" and not the regular one! I tried to click through a couple support options in the app store, and ended at a screen that said: "this purchase is not eligible for a refund"!!! I flat out told Game Golf that it should be their responsibility to make this right, and they had the nerve to say that it was actually my fault for redeeming the code too early. Why the f*** would they send it to me if it wasn't designed to work right away with my current Game Golf Live device???

I'm so furious right now. Am I overreacting? Should I try to get someone from Apple support to look into this, or am I right to believe Game Golf should fix it?

All of this is on top of what an absolute nightmare the app was to use yesterday. It crashed multiple times PER HOLE, and if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't have any other GPS apps or any sort of range-finder, I would have stopped using it completely. I swear to god, if the Pro device is anything less than perfect, I'll get my refund and move to Arccos. I'm so done with these people.

Sorry for the rant.

So, I had to find a way to get an actual human on phone from Apple (which is no small task), but I did get refunded. Game Golf is still trying to say that it was somehow my fault that it charged me. They seem to think that since I tried the Smart Caddie feature in the past, it viewed the purchase as a renewal. The AMAZING support rep at Apple told me that Game Golf was not even set up correctly to do a promo code for a free subscription. But yeah, clearly it was my fault that I got charged, and I deserved to go through hours of phone calls and emails in an attempt to fix it. Obviously.

NoCaution, sorry to hear about your troubles but thanks for posting this. I was seriously considering GG Pro until I read yours and a few others posts. My money will be spent on the Arccos platform.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

currently using gg live, well not really not using since they have done a few updates that have basically made the thing worthless, have exchanged about 30 emails with "mike" in cs and have been assured a new update will be out to fix my problems soon. New update 2 days ago still no bueno with mine, very disappointed with them, hope the pro works out better!

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

currently using gg live, well not really not using since they have done a few updates that have basically made the thing worthless, have exchanged about 30 emails with "mike" in cs and have been assured a new update will be out to fix my problems soon. New update 2 days ago still no bueno with mine, very disappointed with them, hope the pro works out better!

Yup. It's completely useless right now. I played a couple days ago and just did it the "old school" way, where I tagged every shot but didn't use the app along with it. It was annoying as hell, but at least I was able to upload it to my account without any issues. My Pro unit arrived today, but I haven't opened it yet. It's not supposed to stop raining for a while, so I'll set it up and give it a try next week, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess we'll see...

I’ve been using GG Classic since it was first released. I’m on my 3rd unit because I drove over one and broke another when the clasp broke.

It is a basic tag the shot system that works, and it provides all the info I need. Other than the useless “Shots Gained” feature knowing where my misses are is helpful. I haven’t been too tempted by the newer releases. Maybe some day I will.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

G-Off (I cant seem to quote you on my work machine), what issues have you had with your system? I always have a few issues when trying to upload my rounds and find the software for windows to be terrible.

I tend to upload, then log in to the website to verify my round (remove duplicate tags, add penalties etc).

I don't tend to use it linked to my phone on course as I used either Hole 19 or Swing U linked to my watch as a range finder (which ever seems to be more stable that day). I prefer hole 19 but find swing u finds the course and connects to my watch more reliably

G-Off (I cant seem to quote you on my work machine), what issues have you had with your system? I always have a few issues when trying to upload my rounds and find the software for windows to be terrible.

I tend to upload, then log in to the website to verify my round (remove duplicate tags, add penalties etc).

I don't tend to use it linked to my phone on course as I used either Hole 19 or Swing U linked to my watch as a range finder (which ever seems to be more stable that day). I prefer hole 19 but find swing u finds the course and connects to my watch more reliably

herts, I'm on mac, in december I couldn't just plug in and upload so I had to transfer via bluetooth to my iPhone. I have always used it as a stand alone without my phone as I have another gps that I use, I can't even upload now was assured another app update is on the way............worst thing is I received this as a gift 6 months ago and its already gone t**** up. I've reset and repaired numerous times and still can't get it to work, its not the greatest system but it worked for what I wanted

905t

eye2 becu

I’ll certainly pass on using them. Sounds like total amateurs.

I probably shouldn't rail on them in multiple threads, but I'm so frustrated with my GG Pro purchase I don't really care. As I said in the other thread, the product as a whole is an absolute train wreck. I honestly can't believe they're shipping them out with all the issues they have. Unable to pair, tags with batteries already 30+% drained, software/app bugs..."amateur" is exactly the right word. They really probably shouldn't survive this debacle if there's any justice in the world. Shipping a product that flawed, for that kind of money, really borders on immoral IMO.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

Having used both Arccos and Game Golf, and having to contact customer service of both, Arccos is light years ahead of Game Golf customer service wise. Arccos is responsive, and they are very ‘customer experience’ first, and I’m not even taking into account the superior product Arccos is.

Having used both Arccos and Game Golf, and having to contact customer service of both, Arccos is light years ahead of Game Golf customer service wise. Arccos is responsive, and they are very ‘customer experience’ first, and I’m not even taking into account the superior product Arccos is.

I started reading through the Arccos thread this morning and will definitely be going that route once the return on the GG Pro is sorted out. Sounds like generally speaking, it does what they say it'll do?

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

I started reading through the Arccos thread this morning and will definitely be going that route once the return on the GG Pro is sorted out. Sounds like generally speaking, it does what they say it'll do?

Yes. Look into the grips if it’s time to change. Golf Pride should be announcing their retail grips soon. Hopefully...

Well, another new update and still cannot upload to my phone or computer, I really hope they can fix this but now i'm just turning into a bitter internet troll, I must be wrong to think in this day and age you could purchase something and have it last more than 6 months and have some customer support.

905t

eye2 becu

The one advantage GG has is the community like piece, where you can do challenges and games against other users. However, I've been extremely pleased with Arccos and if your course has many users, the real-time pin location feature recently introduced is pretty darn cool.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

so the answer is try a hard reset with my phone to try and repair the devices, inquired about when the updates for mac mojave will be and was told they have the code for 64 bit encryption and are working on the problem, makes me wonder how much longer this will take to fix. Overall having told them how bad the product the other answer is to update to pro for $50 off retail, unbelievable

905t

eye2 becu

• 4 weeks later...