Discussion Thread: GolfWRX Radio (leave comments about all podcasts here)

All three mentioned so far would be great. I am especially a fan of DP4 postings.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

MtlJeff

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

• 3 weeks later...

Johnny Wunder has now stooped to Chris Solomon's level of brown nosing with his latest podcast.

The guy gets more unlikable weekly.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

I loved the first few episodes of the gear dive with the Artisan Guys, Jeff Sheets, CH3 etc, especially hearing stories about preferences or quirks that different players have. I loved hearing how Ryan Moore stockpiles his XP shafts.

Seems like the last few are just promo pieces...I had to switch the latest one with Rickie off after 5 minutes because it was just the same question over and over again. Of course there were no challenges or issues with switching the ball, of course it is better in every way the guy just got paid 7 figures to switch!

I'll still always listen because i'm a gear head, but i'm not quite as excited to see new episodes as I was at the start. Just my $0.02

I loved the first few episodes of the gear dive with the Artisan Guys, Jeff Sheets, CH3 etc, especially hearing stories about preferences or quirks that different players have. I loved hearing how Ryan Moore stockpiles his XP shafts.

Seems like the last few are just promo pieces...I had to switch the latest one with Rickie off after 5 minutes because it was just the same question over and over again. Of course there were no challenges or issues with switching the ball, of course it is better in every way the guy just got paid 7 figures to switch!

I'll still always listen because i'm a gear head, but i'm not quite as excited to see new episodes as I was at the start. Just my $0.02

Now that Ryan is officially with WRX, why not add him to the Gear Dive Podcast to help flesh out more content. We don't need the Gear Dive to turn into the 19th Hole.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny Wunder continues to lower the bar.

I don't think you could have had a more inarticulate guest than Bill Price. With his 3rd grade vocabulary Bill tried to push how "premium" his putter is.

If anyone played a drinking game off of "premium" theyd be dead from alcohol poisoning before the end of the podcast.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

Johnny Wunder..what was the point of the PXG and Ho Sung Choi on a gear podcast?

The PXG guy just washed his hands of their products by saying he just started.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I'm a big fan of the pods, but I sure wish Johnny would let his guests talk more. His long winded rambling "questions" just take up space. I don't tune in to listen to hear his voice, I listen to hear his guests. The one with Joel Kribel was particularly bad, I was really excited to hear his story and how he got to PXG and after 20 minutes of listening to Johnny try to get out a question, I turned it off. I understand that none of these guys are professional interviewers but abiding by the "less is more" approach might make things a little easier to listen to...

What happened to the 19th hole?

Maybe I was the only one that liked it?

I'm showing a couple of them from last week - might have just taken the week off.

That one has always seemed a bit strange to me. It is almost like they are recording an on-air radio show and posting it as a podcast. There are rock music lead-in/lead-outs to a non-existent commercial break. And some "when we get back, we'll have _____ with _____ golf company." But what are you getting back from? The 5 second music break? It has just always seemed a little too overly produced for me.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

What happened to the 19th hole?

Maybe I was the only one that liked it?

I'm showing a couple of them from last week - might have just taken the week off.

That one has always seemed a bit strange to me. It is almost like they are recording an on-air radio show and posting it as a podcast. There are rock music lead-in/lead-outs to a non-existent commercial break. And some "when we get back, we'll have _____ with _____ golf company." But what are you getting back from? The 5 second music break? It has just always seemed a little too overly produced for me.

I used to think the same, but after listening to Johnny Wunder, I really appreciate Michael William's professionalism.

Johnny should spend some time with Michael learning how it's done.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I'm a big fan of the pods, but I sure wish Johnny would let his guests talk more. His long winded rambling "questions" just take up space. I don't tune in to listen to hear his voice, I listen to hear his guests. The one with Joel Kribel was particularly bad, I was really excited to hear his story and how he got to PXG and after 20 minutes of listening to Johnny try to get out a question, I turned it off. I understand that none of these guys are professional interviewers but abiding by the "less is more" approach might make things a little easier to listen to...

Joel Kribel was the one that killed the episode. Johnny started his line of questions about the PXG equipment, and Joel replied saying he had nothing to do with any of the old stuff. Johnny had no where to go after that.

Maybe Johnny asked the wrong question

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

• 3 weeks later...

GolfWRX podcasts are my favorite golf podcast by far during my commute. I rate them as below(1 being the best):

1) Monday's off - super real and funny, solid team.

2) on spec- really interesting, wish they had a way to ask questions, solid dude.

3) TG2 - it's good.

4) gear dive- depends on guest to be on 4 or 5 spot

5) 19th hole - depends on guest to be on 4 or 5 spot

how do you rate the podcasts?

and what are you feelings about them?

curious to hear the members thoughts..

thank you.

Here's my list

1a. TG2 - I miss Tursky, but this is my favorite, it's like regular guys talking golf.

1b. Mondays Off - I like Knudsen better than the original host, too much wasted time with Tursky, I really enjoy hearing about what happens behind the scenes and the thought that goes into things at golf facilities.

3. 19th hole - best radio quality podcast out there

4. Gear Dive - I think Ian Fraser should be added as a co-host

Still getting a feel for On Spec, i really like Ryan's YouTube stuff.

I wish a Geoff Shackelford podcast can be added since he's no longer on a podcast

I'm really grateful for the GolfWRX podcasts due to all the bad podcasts out there (Fairway Rollin, No Laying Up, Shane Bacon, GolfDigest)

Other good podcasts out there are Fried Egg, Shotgun Start, Erik Anders Lang, Golf.com

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

Here's my list

1a. TG2 - I miss Tursky, but this is my favorite, it's like regular guys talking golf.

1b. Mondays Off - I like Knudsen better than the original host, too much wasted time with Tursky, I really enjoy hearing about what happens behind the scenes and the thought that goes into things at golf facilities.

3. 19th hole - best radio quality podcast out there

4. Gear Dive - I think Ian Fraser should be added as a co-host

Still getting a feel for On Spec, i really like Ryan's YouTube stuff.

I wish a Geoff Shackelford podcast can be added since he's no longer on a podcast

I'm really grateful for the GolfWRX podcasts due to all the bad podcasts out there (Fairway Rollin, No Laying Up, Shane Bacon, GolfDigest)

Other good podcasts out there are Fried Egg, Shotgun Start, Erik Anders Lang, Golf.com

Geoff is on “State of the Game”

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

• 2 weeks later...

There has to be someone else who can host Gear Dive. Johnny spends more time explaining his own history or tell players or club makers about their own business than the guests do answering the “questions.” It’s by far the most interesting premise for a podcast relating to this forum it just has to have a better host.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I listen to a lot of golf but if it's a "recap" of anything, I'm out.

The best convos are usually with caddies. Great insight.

New equipment tech is usually interesting as well.

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

There has to be someone else who can host Gear Dive. Johnny spends more time explaining his own history or tell players or club makers about their own business than the guests do answering the "questions." It's by far the most interesting premise for a podcast relating to this forum it just has to have a better host.

Again, add Ryan to the Gear Dive as well. Hopefully have 2 hosts versus 1 limits the amount that Wunder can walk over the guest.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

• 1 month later...

@"TG2 Podcast". Another great episode from Brian and Rob!

If y’all haven’t listen to their most recent episode with Dean Snell you’re really missing out! I feel like a got a crash course in Titleist and TaylorMade Golf ball engineering and design.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @BottleCap said:

> Johnny Wunder has now stooped to Chris Solomon's level of brown nosing with his latest podcast.

>

>

>

> The guy gets more unlikable weekly.

I guess if being genuinely happy and positive isn't your thing I could see that. Johnny is awesome. I have not meet many people who get after life the way he does.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Timbo929 said:

> The new on spec podcast is pretty fun. Anyone know how to reach out and ask a question?

Hi Timbo - thanks for reaching out, if you have a question you can use this thread here for now, but i will be starting a new thread to allow for questions on the pod.

Thanks to everyone who's been listening to On Spec so far and if you want to reach out you can use the instagram page [https://instagram.com/onspecwrx/](https://www.instagram.com/onspecwrx/ "https://instagram.com/onspecwrx/")

Always appreciate feedback - the entire goal of the show is to answer questions and talk about cool gear.

> @RyanBarathWRX said:

> > @Timbo929 said:

> > The new on spec podcast is pretty fun. Anyone know how to reach out and ask a question?

>

> Hi Timbo - thanks for reaching out, if you have a question you can use this thread here for now, but i will be starting a new thread to allow for questions on the pod.

>

> Thanks to everyone who's been listening to On Spec so far and if you want to reach out you can use the instagram page [https://instagram.com/onspecwrx/](https://www.instagram.com/onspecwrx/ "https://instagram.com/onspecwrx/")

>

> Always appreciate feedback - the entire goal of the show is to answer questions and talk about cool gear.

Thank you for reaching out with this info and started following you on IG.. I really look forward to your Podcast weekly bro, please keep it up sir.

> @"TG2 Podcast" said:

> As usual we really appreciate the feedback and anyone who takes the time to listen! Keep the ideas and constructive criticism coming!

Can Mondays off (preferably due to the past relationship with Steve and Knudson) or TG2 interview Tursky? Bet it would be fun and you will probably receive some constructive criticism there.

• Like 1

> @Timbo929 said:

> > @"TG2 Podcast" said:

> > As usual we really appreciate the feedback and anyone who takes the time to listen! Keep the ideas and constructive criticism coming!

>

> Can Mondays off (preferably due to the past relationship with Steve and Knudson) or TG2 interview Tursky? Bet it would be fun and you will probably receive some constructive criticism there.

I wish we could, but conflict of interest! Steve talks to him all the time and I talk with him like every other week, he is doing great!

• Like 1

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

> @knudson81 said:

> > @Timbo929 said:

> > > @"TG2 Podcast" said:

> > > As usual we really appreciate the feedback and anyone who takes the time to listen! Keep the ideas and constructive criticism coming!

> >

> > Can Mondays off (preferably due to the past relationship with Steve and Knudson) or TG2 interview Tursky? Bet it would be fun and you will probably receive some constructive criticism there.

>

> I wish we could, but conflict of interest! Steve talks to him all the time and I talk with him like every other week, he is doing great!

aww, I see. well, good to hear he's doing well. Really enjoy and appreciate the Podcast sir, please keep them coming and thank you.

• Like 1

> @Timbo929 said:

> > @knudson81 said:

> > > @Timbo929 said:

> > > > @"TG2 Podcast" said:

> > > > As usual we really appreciate the feedback and anyone who takes the time to listen! Keep the ideas and constructive criticism coming!

> > >

> > > Can Mondays off (preferably due to the past relationship with Steve and Knudson) or TG2 interview Tursky? Bet it would be fun and you will probably receive some constructive criticism there.

> >

> > I wish we could, but conflict of interest! Steve talks to him all the time and I talk with him like every other week, he is doing great!

>

> aww, I see. well, good to hear he's doing well. Really enjoy and appreciate the Podcast sir, please keep them coming and thank you.

+1. Although not having a Monday’s off episode last week was a bummer since you were out in Cali for the Fuji trip ?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")