Game Golf PRO

Following FAQ, I disconnected all my BT devices but pairing still doesn't work.

I thought about cutting them some slack but previous poster made me realized this item was announced in Jan 2018? Bah

I could not pair anything until I set all of my previous clubs that I had tagged for GG Live to inactive. You can only activate 14 clubs. I decided to start fresh and delete all of my previous clubs and data and get a fresh start on the info provided. That way I can do a good comparison between the P790 and Apex 19. I will say the tag activation process is not the smoothest but I got it done.

did you not have ANY problem syncing the tags? What is your phone model?

I only had 14 clubs and GG support responded within 24hrs and I followed the steps but I can't go past 5iron. It won't sync ..

Following FAQ, I disconnected all my BT devices but pairing still doesn't work.

I thought about cutting them some slack but previous poster made me realized this item was announced in Jan 2018? Bah

I could not pair anything until I set all of my previous clubs that I had tagged for GG Live to inactive. You can only activate 14 clubs. I decided to start fresh and delete all of my previous clubs and data and get a fresh start on the info provided. That way I can do a good comparison between the P790 and Apex 19. I will say the tag activation process is not the smoothest but I got it done.

did you not have ANY problem syncing the tags? What is your phone model?

I only had 14 clubs and GG support responded within 24hrs and I followed the steps but I can't go past 5iron. It won't sync ..

There were a few curse words during the tag sync process. Syncing the last tag (Driver) to some effort but I got through it after going through the FAQ info. I have the iPhone X.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

So, I received mine last week and have had numerous issues. Some were resolved, but others are still outstanding. After today, I'm 99% sure it's getting returned. I've spent over 3 hours updating the firmware of all the tags. All were marked as successful but now only 2 show as updated. Also, one tag was at 50% battery and another at 94% but now both are magically at 100%.

Speaking of batteries - THEY ARE NOT REPLACEABLE! Their website still lists "replaceable batteries" as one of the features of the tags. When I got mine I couldn't figure out how that was possible so I asked support. I was told that the tags are glued together and that the batteries should last "1-2 years with normal use". I have asked multiple times what the replacement policy will be after 1-2 years and what new tags will cost, but never get a reply from GG. For the price of the system, I wouldn't expect to have to shell out more money every 2 years just to keep using it.

I really wanted to love this product b/c I refuse to have my phone in my pocket while playing, but it's just not ready for prime time yet...

Right Of Withdrawal

You have thirty (30) calendar days, counted from the date of reception of the merchandise, within which to return the Product, with no obligation of justification or payment of penalties. You shall pay only the return postage cost for the package.

The original invoice of the Product must be included with the returned merchandise. Only unopened Products in new condition shall be accepted.

The Customer must first notify the support team that they will be exercising their right of withdrawal in by emailing the following address: [email protected] specifying 'WITHDRAWAL OF ORDER' as the reason.

In order to return their Product the Customer must follow the returns procedure provided by the support team.

If the Product is returned after the withdrawal period or if the returns procedure is not followed precisely, the Customer's package may be refused and returned to the Customer.

Customers that exercise a right to return their purchase may only demand reimbursement for the purchase’s original and paid amount.

NOTE: IF THE MERCHANDISE IS A CD, DVD, OR SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAME, AND YOU HAVE BROKEN THE SEAL, YOU ARE NO LONGER ENTITLED TO THIS RIGHT TO RETURN.

Scalefast does not take title to returned items until the items arrive at the returns address destination.

At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, Scalefast does not take title to the refunded item.

Scalefast US support team may be contacted at the following addresses:

Email address: [email protected]

From the app, it looks like GG is coming out with Live 2 . Same circular shaped belt clip-able device but in Red.

It's like GG has so much eagerness to try out new things but they can't even do one thing right.

I don't think using a different color is a new thing

no, it's a complete different device than current Live. I'm guessing cheaper than Pro that requires you to tag before each shot.

OK... So I got my Pro unit yesterday and decided to set it up a few hours ago. It's been a nightmare, as predicted. I would routinely get to the point where you're supposed to hold the green tool against the tag, and nothing would happen. I tried every suggestion I saw here, to no avail. It wasn't until I attempted to "over-follow" the advice on the support FAQ page that I finally got any response from a tag. I literally had to put every club on one side of the room and walk each individual club over to the window, where the Pro device and my phone sat, because for some stupid reason you need a TON of light for anything to work. It makes absolutely no sense that the device would be so finicky as to need full daylight and a super wide berth, but OK... Once I did that, every tag did pair fairly quickly. Of course, it also appears that every single tag also requires a firmware update, so that's going to take my whole afternoon. I'm already to preparing to return it for a refund, but I'm going to at least try it on the course once first. Hopefully, it will work as advertised, but I'm not really expecting it to.

Whelp... I may have spoken too soon. I got the tags to update to firmware version "10.1.9.40" on the driver, 3-wood, and hybrid. Then I tried the 5-iron, and... nothing. It just crashed the app. Same with the 6-iron. So I went the other direction, and once I got it to recognize the putter tag, that one updated fine too. So I tried the lob wedge, and it doesn't give me the option to update it, or even show which firmware it's currently on. I'm going to keep struggling through this, and if I don't have all the tags updated by the time I go play next week, I'll just see what happens. At this point, I'm almost hoping for it to fail on the course, just so I can say that I gave it my very best try before returning it.

Progress. Sort of...

I figured out that if you hold the green tool against the tag and tap the clubhead into the floor lightly, it seems to find it easier, for whatever reason. I got every tag to update that way. Then I went through and looked at the tags again... about a quarter of them didn't actually update at all, even though it said it did at the time! I finally gave up for a while and will finish the updates later. The very fact that a product which was delayed for nearly a year would still be this much of a PITA is absolutely ridiculous. The people at Game Golf should be ashamed of themselves.

Add me to those for whom it was essentially DOA. Here's my experience:.

1. Fist time around, I could only get 11 clubs to pair no matter what i did. Followed all the trouble shooting tips - this was no small investment in time BTW due to the firmware updates and difficulty getting the pairing to "take." Maybe an hour plus.
  2. Regarding the firmware update, 2 clearly failed to complete the update (they said it would update, then instantly said they were done. The others took several minutes each.
  3. I started over as a new device (deleted the first attempt) to see if i could get them to update from a clean install.
  4. On the second time around, none of the firmware updates to the tags that i'd done previously had taken, i.e., I had to update them again. Another hour plus.
  5. This time around, I got two of the 3 tags that had initially failed to take by vigorously tapping. I spent nearly a half hour just trying to get the last one to pair, and it's just not going to. It does seem to get worse as you go through the bag, not sure why that might be.
  6. I exited the app, then relaunched and tried to add the putter by following the steps to "pair new tag." At this point the screen shows me that many of the tags are already significantly low on charge (see pic), as low as 70%. Keep in mind these batteries are not rechargeable or replaceable, so this just isn't okay!
  7. Further, when trying to add a single tag, the app indicates that none of the other tags are paired, implying that you need to start over (2nd pic). Nice

I've honestly never seen an electronic product so clearly unready for market. Surely they knew when they started shipping them out that they weren't working! First, the app is extremely flaky and clearly not adequately tested - literally not one aspect of the setup process worked, over multiple attempts. Add the fact that the tags themselves won't pair and their batteries are already dying tells me the hardware is garbage too. Mine's going back for sure - and honestly, this product probably ought to be recalled and relaunched when they get their act together. Really ticked right now, given how long I waited to get it. Really maddening! And i don't mean to vent here, honestly posting this experience so no one else makes the mistake of ordering this - it's truly an awful product not yet ready for market. Shame too, I loved the idea.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

I'd like to thank you guys who pre-ordered for beta testing this. I was looking forward to trying it, but will wait now.

I had a Live set up but destroyed it trying to kill the speaker that beeped every time you tagged it. It was annoying me and the people I play with.

I was really hoping this would work well.

I was so excited to order and try this product out. I live in a cold-climate and won't have access to the course until April at the earliest, so I was going to wait to order anyway. I have 3 seasons of Game Golf stats from using the original GG and was the sole reason I was going to upgrade to the Pro version. But this feedback is just very disappointing. GG already has a very limited and mute Social Media voice, especially compared to Arccos. I'm afraid this feedback will bury the product before it gets of the ground. If i don't see any improvement by the spring, i will move on by ordering an Arccos set of tags.

Thank you to all that have provided valuable feedback so far. It is appreciated, but i'm sure frustrating to have to go through!

I've been fighting with them since november over software problems since december, and no good signs of improvement yet. Add that and the face if you're a mac user they still can't catch up to mojave encryption yet, very unhappy all around with the product.

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

And the latest from tech support, do a hard reset on your phone to try and reload the app to working status, I asked them how that is supposed to work when its their app that quit working and got no answer other than it may work, I truly hope they have done better on the pro version but I have my doubts

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

Anyone use this video to set up?

I did - they actually sent it to the pre-order folks last week, I suspect in light of all the issues people were reporting. Unfortunately it didn't help and i still wasn't able to get all the tags to pair, had about 1/4 of the tags with charge below 80%, etc.

Update on my stuff, I've asked for instructions to return and was told it would go to the order support team late last week - still haven't heard anything from them!

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

The video was the final nail in the coffin for me. You see on the app, it shows picture of divot tool facing gamegolf ball marker to the tag. Video explains the OTHER side has to be touched to the tag.

They can't even get the simple explanation straight. What a fail.

The video was the final nail in the coffin for me. You see on the app, it shows picture of divot tool facing gamegolf ball marker to the tag. Video explains the OTHER side has to be touched to the tag.

They can't even get the simple explanation straight. What a fail.

I tried both ways neither worked for me.

Ok daylight is/was the key for me, just a light won’t work for whatever reason it has to be daylight. I stood by my screen door, and had no problems pairing today. Make sure you are tapping the tag on the screen and if it doesn’t pair tap the club on the floor to wake it up. Either side of the divot tool will work also.

OK then... For my own sanity, I waited a few days before I dove back into the fray with this stupid thing. All of my tags are paired, and apparently stable. Every tag is at 100% battery, even though a few of them were not when I first set it up. I have gone through and updated almost every tag, even though a couple of them took a few tries. However, the putter tag is another story. I go to tag manager, tap the putter tag, check for update, install the update, get the screen that says the update was successful, and... When I open the app again to check, the putter is back on the "old" firmware, giving me the option to update again. I've done it five times already. I'm not doing it again. This is insanity.

It looks like the weather will be nice this weekend, so assuming nothing gets in my way, I plan to test this thing out in a real round. I WANT it to work, I really do. I've done literally every possible thing I can on my end set this up for success. I have NEVER jumped through so many hoops for a product in my life. I hope that someone from Game Golf is looking at this thread, cause if they think that this amount of setup is going to be tolerated by the majority of people, they are very sorely mistaken. I try not to be an unreasonable person, but after all I've gone through with this thing, if it works as poorly on the course as I expect it to this weekend... I'm out.

Every tag is at 100% battery, even though a few of them were not when I first set it up.

This is interesting...I almost wonder if the update is resetting them to read 100%, regardless of actual charge level? In other words, maybe they're re-baselining them to appear fully charged?

Every tag is at 100% battery, even though a few of them were not when I first set it up.

This is interesting...I almost wonder if the update is resetting them to read 100%, regardless of actual charge level? In other words, maybe they're re-baselining them to appear fully charged?

The update could have just fixed a bug with the battery charge reading.

OK then... For my own sanity, I waited a few days before I dove back into the fray with this stupid thing. All of my tags are paired, and apparently stable. Every tag is at 100% battery, even though a few of them were not when I first set it up. I have gone through and updated almost every tag, even though a couple of them took a few tries. However, the putter tag is another story. I go to tag manager, tap the putter tag, check for update, install the update, get the screen that says the update was successful, and... When I open the app again to check, the putter is back on the "old" firmware, giving me the option to update again. I've done it five times already. I'm not doing it again. This is insanity.

It looks like the weather will be nice this weekend, so assuming nothing gets in my way, I plan to test this thing out in a real round. I WANT it to work, I really do. I've done literally every possible thing I can on my end set this up for success. I have NEVER jumped through so many hoops for a product in my life. I hope that someone from Game Golf is looking at this thread, cause if they think that this amount of setup is going to be tolerated by the majority of people, they are very sorely mistaken. I try not to be an unreasonable person, but after all I've gone through with this thing, if it works as poorly on the course as I expect it to this weekend... I'm out.

I feel like this is some of the pain of being an early adopter of the product, did you contact gamegolf support at all? Every time I've had an issue with mine they have helped me fix it pretty quickly.

I feel like this is some of the pain of being an early adopter of the product, did you contact gamegolf support at all? Every time I've had an issue with mine they have helped me fix it pretty quickly.

Yeah, it definitely could be that the original readings were incorrect, and certainly that would be the position you'd expect them to take. I do wonder though - why would it read like that, ie inconsistently from one tag to the next? It seems equally, if not more, likely that they recalibrated the baseline to read as "100%" at install. Probably a good practice anyway so all the tags are working from the same baseline, but the whole experience is so disappointing one can't help but wonder if the tags have problems, all evidence certainly suggest they do.

Regarding their customer service, sadly in my case they've become non-responsive. I've asked several times for information on obtaining a return authorization but have gotten no reply. What's frustrating is that i really want this device to work, like really do...but I genuinely believe they simply were not ready for launch and aren't going to get there any time soon. I'm really curious, has anyone had success yet? I'd love to hear someone way "we got it to work and i love it."

I was able to get my clubs tagged last night and will see how things go on the course this afternoon. Being an early adapter for a lot of tech toys, I figure there could be some pain, I mean issues, to start. But in the end, I expect they will get things worked out. Having worked in computers since 1981, one of the things I have learned is users will always find a way to do thing different than you expected or use things different from what it was intended. They probably should have involved more beta testers when developing this to cover those situations.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Yeah, it definitely could be that the original readings were incorrect, and certainly that would be the position you'd expect them to take. I do wonder though - why would it read like that, ie inconsistently from one tag to the next? It seems equally, if not more, likely that they recalibrated the baseline to read as "100%" at install. Probably a good practice anyway so all the tags are working from the same baseline, but the whole experience is so disappointing one can't help but wonder if the tags have problems, all evidence certainly suggest they do.

Regarding their customer service, sadly in my case they've become non-responsive. I've asked several times for information on obtaining a return authorization but have gotten no reply. What's frustrating is that i really want this device to work, like really do...but I genuinely believe they simply were not ready for launch and aren't going to get there any time soon. I'm really curious, has anyone had success yet? I'd love to hear someone way "we got it to work and i love it."

they responded to me very quickly but has been MIA since I asked for the return instruction... go figure.

I would totally agree if we were having this discussion in April of last year. You know; When the Pro was originally supposed to be released. They've also had "beta" units out being tested for at least the past three months, if not longer. There is absolutely no reason that a product should still be this buggy a full year after being announced and nine full months of delays. The sole reason to delay something that long would be so that you could release it without any issues. Imagine if Apple announced a new phone, then delayed the release by nine months, and when it finally came out it took 5 hours to set up the wifi and bluetooth. People would lose their f***ing minds, and Apple would rightfully be devastated by the fallout. Why are we holding a small manufacturer to a lesser expectation? If anything, the fact that they only have a single product means that they should be held to a higher standard. I PAID for a device that should work right off the bat, and if it works on the course like it's supposed to, I'll still be happy. But, if the nightmare of setting it up is any indication, I'm not exactly hopeful. We'll see...