Nike Fairway Woods

elcid93elcid93 Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
T60 vs. SQ
I know the Nike lovers out there really love the T60. I want to hear from folks who have played with both the T60 and the SQ fairway woods, more specifically the 3 wood.

I am in the market for a new fairway wood and want to hear peoples unbiased opinions on these 2 alone. Lets take price out of the equation also. So all I am looking for basically is performance, forgiveness, cosmetics, etc...

Thanks

Comments

• titleistpro2titleistpro2 Ally...Now 20 months Members Posts: 776
    t60 more penetrating flight, sasquatch easier to hit (balloon)
  • nikemikenikemike Members Posts: 987
    I agree that the t-60 offers a more penetrating flight than the SQ. SQ seems a tad easier to hit from fairway, but does tend to get up quick. I found, for my swing, that the T60 was a better fit and warranted no "upgrade" to the SQ.
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members Posts: 6,559
    Although tempted, I have yet to hit a SQ fairway wood. My T60 3 and 5 woods are serving quite well in the bag. i do not miss the two Callaways that they displaced last summer either. Not at all.
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • NGulharNGulhar Members Posts: 89
    Look I haven't hit the t60, but on the SQ, and it's my favorite club in the bag. I hit it 260 off the deck and i love the ball flight, even with the stock shaft. It is a higher ball flight but man it's soo pretty and easy to stop on the green if needed.
  • longskate87longskate87 Members Posts: 138
    i've used both extensively. The T60 is a compact/deepface club with a lower launch and is easier to work. The SQ is more of a pancake shape, and is easy to hit high and straight. I think the SQ 'looks' easier to hit because it is shallower, but the T60 is just as easy. Both move in and out of my bag. Compared to the R7 Steel I had, they all go the same distance, the R7 was just less forgiving.
  • Tsukasa36Tsukasa36 Jr. Boomers Posts: 246
    I never tried the T60, but I have tried the SQ 3 wood. Just a great Club. When you hit the ball, the ball stays up in the air for so long. It doesn't want to come down. I think you could land the ball on the green if you want without much roll.
    PING ANSER
    TM V-STEEL
    BS J38 3-PW
    588's
    Scotty studio design #2
  • Callaway23jcCallaway23jc Just Truth Members Posts: 69
    How is the factory shaft in the t60? I'm deciding between xstiff and stiff. Is the ignite fujikura a little more flimsy than a normal stiff shaft? It seem like I'm in between the two. Like one would be a little to stiff and one would be slightly not stiff enough! How stiff is the xstiff??