Driving Distance

Ian_123456

I'm 16, 6-3, 195 and still growing. Usually, i hit it in the 260-270 range but im really looking for more distance. My swing speed is about 105-110 mph but for some reason i still don't hit it as far as id like. I mean i work out a lot and hockey is my number 1 sport so im a pretty big/strong/athletic kid for my age. I think the problem is my driver. I got a R5 with a Aldila NV 65 shaft. I didn't get fit for it and just picked it cause i liked it on the range. Im thinking of getting a new driver soon, any suggestions? My handicap is in the 5-10 range and i think to get to the next level i need to hit it further and be hitting more wedges and short irons into greens.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

240 - 260 is miles for a female isnt it?? theres men tour players that average about 240, corey pavin. i dont think you need to hit it any longer lol

i hit it about 300 average in summer and about 280 in winter

Jose Maria Olazabal won the 1999 Matsers averaging something like 239.9 yards off the tee.

Someone got the new golf digest "masters issue" lol....

GoOse :)

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

240 - 260 is miles for a female isnt it?? theres men tour players that average about 240, corey pavin. i dont think you need to hit it any longer lol

Jose Maria Olazabal won the 1999 Matsers averaging something like 239.9 yards off the tee.

Haha, did you read ray romano's story about breakin 100 at Augusta? Hilarious!

Haha, did you read ray romano's story about breakin 100 at Augusta? Hilarious!

Yup. That is probably one of the best Masters Preview issues that's come out in awhile. Except the one with Arnie Jack and Tiger on the cover from last year or the year before.

ok...a 3% body fat is unhealty and very unlikely...body builders are around 2.5-3

I dont know about that....while it may be unlikely i am at around 12-14% and am working with my trainer to cut it to 7% for me to be in proper golf fitness shape....athletes should generally have 6%-11%.....(i believe thats what i was told)

GoOsE :lol:

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

my swing speed just took a huge jump as did my distance my driver on ave now is probley 290ish give or take some...my longest tourney drive (that i thought about) was at the butch harmon qualifier.....it was a 370 hole level firm fairways playing about 365 to the pin down wind. i said to myself...your right in this you could very well win the easiest hole course wide open my addrenaline got way up and killed it....i wasnt expecting to get newere nere the green but i ended up on the front edge.

im 16 5'9ish 185

• 5 weeks later...

Well with the new driver i am hitting between 275-310 and currently am not getting roll on my drives with a longest drive of 340 (which had about 20-25 yards of roll on it) this year. I don't know why people think numbers like mine are unrealistic...I mean have you been to junior tournaments???

I'm 20 (today lol) 5'10 about 185 and being honest I am about as solid as kids come w/o trying hard due to hockey workouts and training.

Like I said, I know how far I hit it, I don't care if anyone on the forum believes me or not (and neither should anyone else on this forum) because if you truly do hit the ball as far as you say you won't care if someone questions you.

Also, driving it far isn't everything!! I laughed when I'm working on my short game at the range when these juniors I recognize from tournaments come to the range and this is how their session goes...7 iron 5 balls...Driver 20 balls...3 wood 20 balls...98PW 5 balls each...driver to end the basket...

So what if you hit the ball 250, 290 or 320??? If you hit 250 and hit every green your going to score better than a guy who hits 320 and hits 50% of the greens.

I would much rather hit 3 irons all day and hit every fairway than hit every drive over 300 yards...

But really, who cares how far you "say" you hit it?? If someones lying in the forum about their game what does that get them? Do they become better because they lied to us??

I find it hard to beleive 70% of these distances. The only reason I can hit it half decent is because im lanky and have lots of whip. I hit in 260-265 but them im also 6'2 and 160lbs at 16 years old. We have some people saying they can hit it 330 and then some 13 year olds claiming they can hit it 290+. I think about 30% of these distances are true and the other 70% either want to sound big, wish they hit it that far or think 250 is actually 290 in there own yards.

I think about 30% of these distances are true and the other 70% either want to sound big, wish they hit it that far or think 250 is actually 290 in there own yards.

You are entitled to your opinion on this, but careful with the last statement. Sure, this is the web, some people may be pumping themselves up, but mostly not. I've talked with many, and trust me, they can hit the ball.

This topic is always a little sketchy, but lets not stir the pot with the above quote.

One, Tiger hits it well over 300 on a regular basis with a driver, Two, I'm locking this thread b/c I'm tired of having to come in and clean up after folks such as yourself Michaelhoc91, you are not the only one obviously but you could've easily read post 190 and post 196 before posting. Posting to stir things up and incite as well as insult will not be tolerated. As I posted above you have one and only one warning, and it was posted above. Two you don't truly know me or anyone else from the man in the moon, so before you attempt to call out anyone on the basis of your assumptions, THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Thread Closed,

Junior Mod Squad