2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Best Rain gear

chbrake

I usually order XXL to get long enough sleeves for my monkey arms. KJUS XXL jacket has the arm length but the chest size is more of an XL, first XXL that has been snug through the chest. I have Adidas, Footjoy and Galway Bay all in XXL. Plan on wearing it on vacation next week, supposed to be rainy a couple of days.

I just bought some of the Peter Millar Albatross rain pants on their winter sale and they are awesome. I've had Zero Restriction before but the PM fit much better (not as baggy). My only regret is that I didn't buy the matching jacket...

If anyone happens to have a Medium Navy Peter Millar Albatross Jacket please send me a PM

What are the collective thoughts on the Nike Hyperadapt Hyperstorm jacket? I purchased a Paclite Under Armour Jacket in Large but it is super big around in the torso and feels weird to swing. Is the Nike one better fitting?

Get a Kjus Dexter.

I had a Hyperadapt Hyperstorm and it was big and bulky. The Kjus Dexter is like you’re wearing a wind shirt. Night and day.

I'm still in the honeymoon period with my Dexter. It's so light and small when packed that you can leave it in your bag all the time and forget you have it. It would probably take up about 1/4 the room of a typical ball pocket in XL size.

You literally can't tell you have it on when playing either and I used it on a windy day last weekend when the rain was nearly turning to snow - it was warm and wind resistant too, great product.

When you take it out the packet the first time it's easy to wonder whey it costs so much as it seems like light nylon rather than some exotic material. All I can say is it just plain works.

In terms of sizing, I'm a 44" chest and settled on the XL (EU 54). That gives me a modern fit where there isn't much excess bagginess but zero issues swinging. I could equally have run with the XXL (56) if I thought I'd have a number of layers underneath or wanted a looser fit.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of the new Hydroknit pullovers from FJ. This is the tag that was attached to it. Having tried it on, I am very impressed with the amount of stretch in the fabric. Compared it side by side with my short sleeve Hydrolite, and the fabric is noticeably softer and much more quiet during movement. I also really like the adjustable velcro at the wrists to help keep water from running back up the sleeve. The collar comes up nice and high in the back to help keep water out there as well. Havent had a chance to wear it in the rain yet (not too worried about having opportunities here in NC given the weather over the last six months), but did run it under the faucet, and it passed that rudimentary test with flying colors. I don’t play in too many downpours, but with a couple of golf trips and summer tournament season approaching, this should be a nice, compact piece to keep in the bag when playing through the rain is necessary.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of the new Hydroknit pullovers from FJ. This is the tag that was attached to it. Having tried it on, I am very impressed with the amount of stretch in the fabric. Compared it side by side with my short sleeve Hydrolite, and the fabric is noticeably softer and much more quiet during movement. I also really like the adjustable velcro at the wrists to help keep water from running back up the sleeve. The collar comes up nice and high in the back to help keep water out there as well. Havent had a chance to wear it in the rain yet (not too worried about having opportunities here in NC given the weather over the last six months), but did run it under the faucet, and it passed that rudimentary test with flying colors. I don't play in too many downpours, but with a couple of golf trips and summer tournament season approaching, this should be a nice, compact piece to keep in the bag when playing through the rain is necessary.

Yeah, I really like what I see out of this one. Going to have one soon to do some trying out on. Also really want to try the new superlight DryJoys Select when it ships in June. That one is going to be really interesting (to me)...a top of the line premium waterproof that's lighter than a traditional polo shirt. Sounds a lot like some Kjus lightweight type tech in that one.

Heading to Bandon in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to test out my Dexter and PX5s. Will most likely be wearing PX5 pants over thermal pants if there is rain in the forecast. Dexter will be in the bag no matter what. The PX5 will depend on how much rain in the forecast.

But I'll take four days like the one in my avatar all day long and wait to test them at another time.

Got in 18 this afternoon. Temperature in the upper 30s with about a ten mph breeze—chilly, to say the least. At the turn decided to swap out the Adidas Climawarm fleece jacket I was wearing for the FJ Hydroknit. Had on a Puma Warmcell base layer and a regular polo underneath. The Hydroknit was a champ. Totally blocked out the breeze, and I stayed much warmer than I had been in the fleece. I was much more comfortable on the second nine, even with the much thinner outer layer. FJ has billed this as an all-condition piece. Assuming it keeps water out the way they claim it will, I’d say they are right. Highly impressed on an initial wearing.

For fit, it definitely is trimmer than most other FJ pieces. I still wore my normal FJ size, but it isn't nearly as roomy as one might expect. If you want it baggier, definitely go up from your normal FJ size.

Got in 18 this afternoon. Temperature in the upper 30s with about a ten mph breeze—chilly, to say the least. At the turn decided to swap out the Adidas Climawarm fleece jacket I was wearing for the FJ Hydroknit. Had on a Puma Warmcell base layer and a regular polo underneath. The Hydroknit was a champ. Totally blocked out the breeze, and I stayed much warmer than I had been in the fleece. I was much more comfortable on the second nine, even with the much thinner outer layer. FJ has billed this as an all-condition piece. Assuming it keeps water out the way they claim it will, I'd say they are right. Highly impressed on an initial wearing.

For fit, it definitely is trimmer than most other FJ pieces. I still wore my normal FJ size, but it isn't nearly as roomy as one might expect. If you want it baggier, definitely go up from your normal FJ size.

You know if footjoy has a full zip option on the Hydroknits ?

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

Got in 18 this afternoon. Temperature in the upper 30s with about a ten mph breeze—chilly, to say the least. At the turn decided to swap out the Adidas Climawarm fleece jacket I was wearing for the FJ Hydroknit. Had on a Puma Warmcell base layer and a regular polo underneath. The Hydroknit was a champ. Totally blocked out the breeze, and I stayed much warmer than I had been in the fleece. I was much more comfortable on the second nine, even with the much thinner outer layer. FJ has billed this as an all-condition piece. Assuming it keeps water out the way they claim it will, I'd say they are right. Highly impressed on an initial wearing.

You know if footjoy has a full zip option on the Hydroknits ?

The only piece they currently have in the Hydroknit material is the 1/2 zip pullover.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the hydroknit. Sounds like a pretty good piece. Any other thoughts on it?

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the hydroknit. Sounds like a pretty good piece. Any other thoughts on it?

I haven’t had the chance to wear it again, as it has been warm and dry for the last several days. Really the only question I have left is how it will perform in wet weather. I like everything else about it so far.

little tip for those that have gore-tex gear that seems to be less waterproof... Clean your wash machines out, clean the liquid tray and maybe use a machine cleaner..

Then wash your gear on its own with no detergent, and see in the door the amount of bubbles you have.. then put it through the same 40 degree wash again.. 2nd time you should see no bubbles.

Then put it in the dryer till its bone dry.. waterproof should return (just run it under the tap!) Even if i dont need to fully wash my gear cause its not muddy, i still put it through the dryer every so often as the heat seems to do something with the membrane and makes the waterproofing work.

little tip for those that have gore-tex gear that seems to be less waterproof... Clean your wash machines out, clean the liquid tray and maybe use a machine cleaner..

Then wash your gear on its own with no detergent, and see in the door the amount of bubbles you have.. then put it through the same 40 degree wash again.. 2nd time you should see no bubbles.

Then put it in the dryer till its bone dry.. waterproof should return (just run it under the tap!) Even if i dont need to fully wash my gear cause its not muddy, i still put it through the dryer every so often as the heat seems to do something with the membrane and makes the waterproofing work.

It's (the heat) is reactivating the DWR spray on coating on the exterior of the jacket. And your procedure sounds like it's basically rinsing out any soap or grime build-up that's coated the outside of the jacket that inhibits the DWR from working.

It's (the heat) is reactivating the DWR spray on coating on the exterior of the jacket. And your procedure sounds like it's basically rinsing out any soap or grime build-up that's coated the outside of the jacket that inhibits the DWR from working.

Yep, pretty much. I hadnt been putting any detergent or conditioner into the machine when i had washed them in the past, but on walking down the 17th soaking wet with soap bubbles rising out of my trousers i knew there was something afoot!! couple of washes and 5 year old GG golf was back and good as new! Just shows how much soap there is in your machine or other clothing too

Since we're talking about washing, remember this--- NEVER, NEVER, EVER, wash your waterproof garments with fabric softener or you might as well throw them away. It ruins the DWR. In fact if you do use fabric softener in your laundry at all, you should clean your washer first by washing a load of towels on hot and perhaps even using some washing machine cleaner, then running it on another cycle empty just to get rid of any residual.

Sunice makes some great outer gear. The pants and jackets work GREAT.

www.sunice.com

This jacket is pretty cool.

https://www.sunice.c...2&CategoryID=92

2nd that. Sunice gear I have is awesome. Would take it on a bucket list trip.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow