Diamana 73 S or X

gjunky ·  
gjunkygjunky SoCalMembers  231WRX Points: 95Handicap: 6Posts: 231 Fairways
I purchased a Cally X 460 Tour 10.5* about to months ago and was going to put a Diamana 73 shaft in it. My swing speed is about 100-105 with a fast transition from the top. I heard this shaft plays a little soft to flex and was wondering what flex you guys would recommend or if anyone has played this shaft in a tru-bore head such as this one.
Posted:

Comments

• scottescotte Members  1079WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,079
    Hi, I haven't played the diaman in a bore through, I ordered it in my cleveland comp, but I will tell you this, I play an 83x and it honestly feels about the same as my 757s. only with a little higher ball flight.

I hope this helps
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • gjunkygjunky SoCalMembers  231WRX Points: 95Handicap: 6Posts: 231 Fairways
    scotte wrote on Apr 28 2006, 10:14 PM:

Hi, I haven't played the diaman in a bore through, I ordered it in my cleveland comp, but I will tell you this, I play an 83x and it honestly feels about the same as my 757s. only with a little higher ball flight.

I hope this helps

Thanks for your input Scotte, what is your swing speed.
    Posted:
  • msuplmsupl Members  546WRX Points: 74Posts: 546 Bunkers
    My swingspeed is between 105-110 mph and I have a Diamana Red 73X in my 905R. I did not tip it and inserted the head 2 inches blind bore and it worked out perfectly.
    Posted:
  • scottescotte Members  1079WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,079
    Hi, like you I also have a fast transition, but my swing speed averages around 110. I don't know how accurate those little radars are, but our club has one and thats what the average driver speed is about 110.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day.

In the diamana I would really lean tward the x shaft if it was me, They are great shafts, but the s is pretty whippy for us fast transition guys. It's not boardy like the 757's.

Scott
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.