2019 Taylormade Spider X

Mabyboi

Is there a story why TM didn't go with the red/black like previous versions and went with gold/navy.

Love my Spider Tour, isn't going anywhere. This new color scheme however, is the dog's breakfast. At least the retiree's in Florida will have a putter to match their khaki pants and tennis shoes.

There is a story behind the 2019 colors. More info will be revealed once these officially launch.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Is there a story why TM didn't go with the red/black like previous versions and went with gold/navy.

Love my Spider Tour, isn't going anywhere. This new color scheme however, is the dog's breakfast. At least the retiree's in Florida will have a putter to match their khaki pants and tennis shoes.

There is a story behind the 2019 colors. More info will be revealed once these officially launch.

Any idea when that might be?! Would love to know!

The story has an embargo date?!

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Is that navy ? Looks like a dark gray to me.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Everything I was told about the 2019 products is under NDA until the information is released, including the details about why certain colors were chosen. I made the above comment because I found the story behind the color choices interesting.

TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Any idea when that might be?! Would love to know!

My understanding after talking to a Taylormade rep at the Pro-Am yesterday was a mid-February announcement date with product shipping in March. I asked about the center shaft and he said that he doesn't believe that'll be part of the initial launch. No near term plan on making some of the limited edition headcovers available for retail either.

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Haha. We don’t wear long pants here let alone Khakis <gag>. Tennis shoes? What’s tennis:-).?

Sorry guys. I guess TM saw my post ( lost a sale here ) and had them removed from amazon. The blue one looked good. But I’ll soothe my putter itch elsewhere.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Sorry guys. I guess TM saw my post ( lost a sale here ) and had them removed from amazon. The blue one looked good. But I’ll soothe my putter itch elsewhere.

I was fully prepared to order one because it said “release date February 1st.” Like you, I was hoping to get one early LOL! Nice find...

Taylormade SIM 9*- Accra
Taylormade SIM Max D 16*- Accra
SIM hybrid 19* 
Taylormade P760 4-PW
Vokey SM7: 50, 55, 60*
Spider X Plumbers 33.5"

I was fully prepared to order one because it said “release date February 1st.” Like you, I was hoping to get one early LOL! Nice find...

Yep. Had it in my cart waiting for the 1st. I have $260 amazon points to burn. Just spent them on 3 pairs of shoes (Ecco on sale ). So I’m set for another year or two in shoes. Oh well.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Is it worrisome to anyone else on here that the only person from TM putting this in play is Rory? Doesn’t seem to be catching on with the rest of their pros

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Is it worrisome to anyone else on here that the only person from TM putting this in play is Rory? Doesn’t seem to be catching on with the rest of their pros

You're joking, right? No one asks if it's worrisome that Odyssey and Scotty guys haven't put new putters in the bag after only 4 weeks of being available, so why is it a thing for this new putter? When have players ever rushed to replace old putters with a new model at the start of the year? Drivers, yes. Putters, no.

But if you really want to go down this line of thinking, here are my thoughts:

• DJ will play it at some point. It's a given with the way he switches putters.
  • Day led the PGA Tour in SG Putting in 2016 and was second in 2018. Why would he switch?
  • I think we'll see Rahm using one sooner rather than later.
  • Tiger...hahaha. But I'd love to see him use it.

TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

You're joking, right? No one asks if it's worrisome that Odyssey and Scotty guys haven't put new putters in the bag after only 4 weeks of being available, so why is it a thing for this new putter? When have players ever rushed to replace old putters with a new model at the start of the year? Drivers, yes. Putters, no.

• Day led the PGA Tour in SG Putting in 2016 and was second in 2018. Why would he switch?

Appreciate the insight

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I actually mentioned this to my old man when we were watching the farmers last night. I’ve only seen Rory using it but I’ve seen loads of the old models still in play.

You’d have thought the players have had these putters a while now but if Rahm and Day, the most visible spider users (ignore DJ, he changes putters like he changes underwear) are sticking with the old one it won’t help sales long term. If Rory starts winning it might help as he’s always been a poor putter.

Titleist TSR2 10 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Hzrdus smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Titleist Pro V1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

By that logic, we should then be concerned that the majority of Cameron staffers must hate their new options since Spieth, Scott, Thomas and Fowler are all using older models.

I don't mind either colour but I sure hope there is a solid body one without the white. Can't see me giving up the current Spider if not but I like the subtle design changes otherwise.

All copper with single alignment line with white paintfill. All navy with single alignment line with white paintfill. Both with small slant hosel.

The embargo date also has an embargo date. Once you are allowed to know the embargo date, more info will be revealed (just the embargo date).

Tiger using the spider X will surely boost the sale.

I always find it funny that TM gets all of the hate. Not a lot of Odyssey guys, and definitely no SC guys, use the newest offerings (or even versions that are available at retail). I'd be surprised to see any SC guys use one of the new "Phantom X" putters, those things are hideous. I've always appreciated that at least with TM (minus DJ's TP without an insert) the majority of pros using their putters are using a version similar if not the same as the retail versions. And don't argue that if I wanted to spend $$$ I could have a SC Tour Only putter too.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

The embargo date also has an embargo date. Once you are allowed to know the embargo date, more info will be revealed (just the embargo date).

When do we get the funny hats and learn the handshake is what I want to know.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I always find it funny that TM gets all of the hate. Not a lot of Odyssey guys, and definitely no SC guys, use the newest offerings (or even versions that are available at retail). I'd be surprised to see any SC guys use one of the new "Phantom X" putters, those things are hideous. I've always appreciated that at least with TM (minus DJ's TP without an insert) the majority of pros using their putters are using a version similar if not the same as the retail versions. And don't argue that if I wanted to spend $$$ I could have a SC Tour Only putter too.

They bring every ounce of it on themselves.

They are the over promising , under delivering money spenders of the club world. They have bought up every major player they can. And now we shall see if they can pay for them. My money says someone else will buy or merge with them soon once they realize they are in need of a bailout. Again.

The ironic part is that I think they could sell just as much on half the ad and player endorsement budget. The clubs aren’t the issue. They are solid. The issue is they promise them to be miracle workers not solid options.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

While I agree with some of your post and I agree the new SC Phantom mallets are unfortunate to look at, JT switched and is using the X5 that looks to be just like the upcoming retail version.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

They are the over promising , under delivering money spenders of the club world. They have bought up every major player they can. And now we shall see if they can pay for them. My money says someone else will buy or merge with them soon once they realize they are in need of a bailout. Again.

The ironic part is that I think they could sell just as much on half the ad and player endorsement budget. The clubs aren’t the issue. They are solid. The issue is they promise them to be miracle workers not solid options.

They are private equity backed now so they won’t ever be in need of a “bailout.” Now with that being said if they are not generating the IRRs the fund is after, a sale is an option, but depending on their runway not a likely option short term.

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSI2 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Is it worrisome to anyone else on here that the only person from TM putting this in play is Rory? Doesn't seem to be catching on with the rest of their pros

The ironic part is that I think they could sell just as much on half the ad and player endorsement budget. The clubs aren't the issue. They are solid. The issue is they promise them to be miracle workers not solid options.

You realize they have significantly cut back on endorsement budget, right? There's a reason Titleist is winning driver counts: money. There's a reason Callaway has high driver counts: money. Both of them are paying tee up money again this season, and TM is out of that game. They have a handful of high profile endorsers, and let a couple of others go. What's wrong with that strategy?

Since they're a private company, you literally have zero idea what their financial status is unless you have someone inside giving you info. They're no longer under the public umbrella of Adidas Group, so their performance is no longer subject to the public eye. Their holding group will sell them at a future date because that's what they do, no surprise there. But I think it's instructive that the way they're moving to growth is not by slashing everything in sight, but rather by ratcheting up the investment in key areas and focusing on making great equipment. It would have been easy for the company that bought them to cut underperforming market segments and that didn't happen. That's a very positive sign for TaylorMade, regardless of what you want to believe.

TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post