Vice golf balls

Comments

• JutJut "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Members Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Break81 wrote:

Jut wrote:
    I'm currently smitten with the Vice Pro. I'm a long time Z-Star user, but I try/play about everything (Pro V1, Snell, MG Tour C4, TP5, Chrome Soft, FG Tour, U/6, Cut, BXS, etc., etc.). I was pretty much sold on the Bridgestone as my ball for this year (love the responsiveness, feel, look, results) until I tried a few sleeves of the Vice Pro Neon Lime. For my swing and game, it's the best ball I've ever played (and that's saying something).

I had gotten away from yellow golf balls and gone back to the more traditional white, but the Neon Lime is just perfect. As far as the ball itself, it's a fantastic balance of soft, but not too soft. It has a really tacky, urethane-y feel. Off the club face, the ball trampolines, but doesn't have the periodic jumper/flyer. I wasn't looking for distance, but for my swing speed there's just something about the ball (compression? make-up?) that has added some controlled length to my drives and irons.

Even with my beloved Z-Star I could be nit-picky about a few things (not quite enough greenside spin, maybe a bit shorter than some other premium balls), but with the Vice Pro I've yet to find one fault. For me, it's the best in each category.

How stocked up are you on the lime? I have 11 of the Pro and 1 Pro+ (total of 12 balls) I might let go for a decent price.

Sent you a pm.
    Ping G400 LST 9.5
    Callaway Rogue 17
    Cobra F9 4-G
    Callaway MD4 54/10 S
    Callaway MD4 60/12 X
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #9
    Srixon Z Star
  • BestGripsBestGrips Reformed Club Ho.... Sponsors Posts: 771 ✭✭
    What's the Pro Soft compare to? I've lost my love of the tour and am getting a lot more distance out of the new Bridgestone
    WITB:
    9* G400 Max w/ Xcalibur TSL Tour Stiff and Custom MicroPerf Golf Grip
    14* Callaway XR 16 Pro w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Red 75 6.0 and Custom Christmas Golf Grip
    3-GW Edel SLS-01 w/ Paderson SL 95g Stiff and alternating Patriotic and Augusta Leather Golf Grips
    55* Edel Come and Take It TRP Handmade w/ KBS Tour Wedge Stiff and Come and Take It Golf Grip
    59* Edel PNR Handmade w/ KBS Tour Wedge Stiff and Augusta Leather Golf Grip
    Artisan Golf #0036 0217 w/ Zach Use Only Putter Grip or 0318 w/ Prototype Leather Putter Grip

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]BestGrips is a second generation, underdog golf company making genuine leather golf grips, putter grips, Puttershoes[/font]® [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]and headcovers in the US of A. We are big fans of one off custom work and not afraid of hard work. In the market for game changing grips that combine new with old, performance with looks, and are made right here in the US of A? Then look no further than [/font]BestGrips.com! Follow us on twitter - [twitter]bestgrips[/twitter]!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Use coupon code "wrx15" at checkout on www.bestgrips.com and get 15% off. [/font]

All grips and headcovers are handmade in Conroe, Texas.
  • jasonlewandowskijasonlewandowski Members Posts: 15
    For those that have gamed the Pro Soft and the Pro, are you finding that you're sacrificing driver distance with the Soft for softer feel? I played a few holes yesterday with the Soft and the Pro, and loved the feel of the soft off the wedges and irons, but found it was too squishy off the driver.
  • kyledeenkyledeen Members Posts: 413 ✭✭
    TL:DR

are they worth a sh&% or not?
    9.5 ping g400 lst kisyoshi black 65 04
    13 cally 816 rombax 7w06x
    18 cally 816 rombax f709s
    5-P ping i20 s300 amt white
    50ss, 56ss, 60es ping glide modus 3 130s
    pp delmar 3.5, pp midslant, og napa
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,514 ClubWRX
    kyledeen wrote:

TL:DR

are they worth a sh&% or not?

Yes

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • kyledeenkyledeen Members Posts: 413 ✭✭
    ddetts wrote:

Yes

Thanks. This is why i pay dues here.

KD
    9.5 ping g400 lst kisyoshi black 65 04
    13 cally 816 rombax 7w06x
    18 cally 816 rombax f709s
    5-P ping i20 s300 amt white
    50ss, 56ss, 60es ping glide modus 3 130s
    pp delmar 3.5, pp midslant, og napa
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,514 ClubWRX
    kyledeen wrote:

ddetts wrote:

Yes

Thanks. This is why i pay dues here.

KD

You're welcome, I assumed if you didn't have the time to read the thread you also wouldn't have time to read a lengthy reply.

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • NorthMNgolferNorthMNgolfer ClubWRX Posts: 301 ✭✭
    BestGrips wrote:

What's the Pro Soft compare to? I've lost my love of the tour and am getting a lot more distance out of the new Bridgestone

I think it plays a hair softer then a Chrome Soft. I had played the Chrome Soft for two years prior to testing and switching to the Vice pro Soft. If you scroll up a page or so you can see my comparisons on the two.
    My Current Bag.

Callaway Rouge 9* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 65
    Taylormade M1 3 HL Wood - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 75
    Taylormade GAPR 2 - HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Taylormade M1 4h -
    Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
    Taylormade Hi Toe 50*
    Taylormade Hi Toe 56*
    Taylormade Hi Tow 60*
    Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S - Flat Cat Tak
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    Vice Pro are nice, but I had them personalized with my mother-in-law's bitmoji.

Somehow it's putting me off... It's like she's looking at me...

Going to try the Snell MTB Black today.
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,022 ✭✭
    Played the Vice Pro Soft for the first time today. The good = great driving ball. Long and really straight! (Can you say AVX?). Trajectory seemed lower than what I am accustomed too but on at least 3 holes I hit longer drives than my normal good rip. Soft but not mushy at all.

Irons , again lower flight than what I am accustomed too and felt like they rolled out a little more as well. Almost like the matte finish makes it play more like a top level Surlyn ball. Could have been my ball sticking so will reserve judgement after a couple more rounds.

Chips and short shots were ok and playable , didn’t seem to have the control I get with CS but not bad.

Putting , I little softer feel and seemed like I had to be a just a little more aggressive to get the ball rolling the correct pace. Again something you could adjust to if this was your gamer.

Overall I liked it. However to me it played more like the AVX and less like the CS or Z-Star. Only a good value if you buy 5 , but I do like the red matte finish so it might be worth having in the rotation.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • cane700cane700 Members Posts: 2,016 ✭✭
    Played the Pro Plus for the first time yesterday. I'm really liking it. I'm getting good distance and stopping power with it. Feel is surprisingly soft for an "x" type ball.
  • jasonlewandowskijasonlewandowski Members Posts: 15
    Ri_Redneck wrote:

Oh Yeah! Played last year with the Pro.

Ri_Redneck wrote:

Curious to hear a follow-up on this? I took two Pro and two Pro Soft on the course last week. Loved the feel of the Soft off the irons and wedges, but the guys at Vice keep telling me that the regular Pro is the ball designed for my driver swing speed.
  • joekellijoekelli A member of the exclusive "Kingdom 14" Members Posts: 2,620 ✭✭
    I was given a sleeve of Vice Pro + and have played them my last couple of rounds. I feel like they are about 10 yards shorter off of my irons. Everything coming up short with lots of spin. It was good off the driver though. anyone else have same experience? I normally play the Tour Preffered X or a Kirkland.
    Ping G LS Tec 9* Oban Devotion 75x
    Callaway Epic 15* Oban Devotion 75x
    Callaway X2Hot pro 20* Tour green 75-X
    TaylorMade RSi2 5-pw CTAPER 130X
    TM EF spin 52, 56 & 60
    Putter- TM JD Spider s
    Machine M2A converter
    Ball- [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Kirkland Signature or TM TP5 x[/font]
    WITB Link
  • cane700cane700 Members Posts: 2,016 ✭✭
    I have the opposite experience its flies longer with my irons.
  • nuttinbutapeanutnuttinbutapeanut Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Love them and can’t beat the price. I get them 5 doz at a time.
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    Been playing pro+ for more than 1 year and loved them, now orderer pro, let’s see how they perform.

Did you guys find differences just with the lower trajectory betweek pro+ and pro or there is something more?
  • Ri_RedneckRi_Redneck Leather for Life!! Members Posts: 5,448 ✭✭
    PorscheFan wrote:

Vice Pro are nice, but I had them personalized with my mother-in-law's bitmoji.

Somehow it's putting me off... It's like she's looking at me...

Going to try the Snell MTB Black today.

Turn it to where the clubface will hit it.... you'll feel better then.

BT
    Bag 1
    F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
    King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
    King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5
    Mizuno MP15 4-pw - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
    Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge

Bag 2
    Mizuno ST180 9.5* - Diamana Kai'Li 70 X
    Mizuno GPX850 14.5* - Motore Speeder TS 7.3 S
    Mizuno GPX850 20* - Motore Speeder TS 8.3
    Mizuno MP25 4-pw - Recoil Proto 125 F4
    Mizuno MP-T5 Satin 52, 56, & 60 TT Wedge
  • Ri_RedneckRi_Redneck Leather for Life!! Members Posts: 5,448 ✭✭

Ri_Redneck wrote:

Ri_Redneck wrote:

Curious to hear a follow-up on this? I took two Pro and two Pro Soft on the course last week. Loved the feel of the Soft off the irons and wedges, but the guys at Vice keep telling me that the regular Pro is the ball designed for my driver swing speed.

The Pro Soft felt fine, but I can't stand the matte finish. Stays way too dirty IMHO. Went back to the Pro for now. Playing the Duo Urethane in winter rounds.

BT
    Bag 1
    F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
    King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
    King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5
    Mizuno MP15 4-pw - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
    Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge

Bag 2
    Mizuno ST180 9.5* - Diamana Kai'Li 70 X
    Mizuno GPX850 14.5* - Motore Speeder TS 7.3 S
    Mizuno GPX850 20* - Motore Speeder TS 8.3
    Mizuno MP25 4-pw - Recoil Proto 125 F4
    Mizuno MP-T5 Satin 52, 56, & 60 TT Wedge
  • thejuicethejuice Members Posts: 2,066 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:

Been playing pro+ for more than 1 year and loved them, now orderer pro, let's see how they perform.

Did you guys find differences just with the lower trajectory betweek pro+ and pro or there is something more?

The Pro+ is supposed to have a little more spin around the green. They spin about the same to me, but I have a human SS (driver ~102), however my buddy who has a superhuman (not for WRX but for the rest of the world) SS (driver ~115), loves the Pro+ and he gets some serious spin on the greens.
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    thejuice wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

Been playing pro+ for more than 1 year and loved them, now orderer pro, let's see how they perform.

The Pro+ is supposed to have a little more spin around the green. They spin about the same to me, but I have a human SS (driver ~102), however my buddy who has a superhuman (not for WRX but for the rest of the world) SS (driver ~115), loves the Pro+ and he gets some serious spin on the greens.

Thank you!
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    If you’re worried about a semi dirty ball, you’re a chick.

For the price, these are GREAT balls. But it’s like comparing a budget ball to a high end.

They are spherical and will fly fine but get marked up a bit and show their wear. Don’t cry about it because you know it’s coming on EVERY SINGLE MODEL.

Don’t ever second guess buying them. They are teriffic for the price.
  • UndonersgUndonersg Members Posts: 90
    I played the Vice Pro Plus... I felt like they were a little heavy, but I liked the ball overall. Great ball for the price.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,119 ✭✭
    Pro Plus is a great ball. As long as anything the opposition have. However I did lose distance with the standard and soft versions. The soft is a poor ball compared to Project A. Avoid this but go for the Pro Plus.
  • cargo8cargo8 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Tried the Pro and Pro Plus over Winter. Decent ball, a little on the hard side.

Spin characteristics seem very inconsistent, had a tough time getting used to using it well around the greens.

Going to try out the Snell next, hoping it can give me some consistency closer to what I'm used to with the Pro V/X
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5° Mitsubishi Diamana DF 50S
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX 3W Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661S
    Taylor Made GAPR Lo 2-17
    °KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid 65S
    Callaway X Forged Utility Iron 21° Oban CT-100 Steel
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Oban CT-100 Steel
    Taylor Made Milled Grind Chrome 50.09 Oban CT-100 Steel
    Taylor Made Milled Grind Black 54.09 Oban CT-100 Steel

Taylor Made Milled Grind Black 58.09 Oban CT-100 Steel
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #28

Retired + Bullpen

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 3 34" 350g
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport
    Taylor Made RAC TP MB 3-PW
  • okie21okie21 Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Big fan of the Pro Plus, made it my gamer. Switched from ProV/V1 depending on course conditions. I'd say my performance is unchanged, a bit more clicky but I get past that by saving $20 per dozen....
    Titleist [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]917 D2 9.5 deg (Diamana White 70 S)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G400 17 deg (Oban Kiyoshi White 04)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 718 AP1s 4-GW (DG AMT White S300), 1 1/4" over with 1/4" intervals 8-9i and shorter[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 52 deg Jet Black (DG Onyx S400) [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM '09 56 deg tour chrome (DG Wedge flex)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 60 deg Jet Black (KBS C Taper Lite S) all wedges same length as GW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Newport 3, fresh from Custom Shop, std length and lie[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vice Pro Plus [/font]
  • milla3424milla3424 Members Posts: 27 ClubWRX
    I played a dozen of them. I really liked them. Just can’t get over the name titleist. Great balls though
  • A_G GolfA_G Golf Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    They're good golf balls, I just kept cracking them haha
    Driver: Ping G400 LST, Hzurdus Yellow
    3- Wood: Cobra F8+, Hzurdus Black
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, KBS Tour C-Taper X 130
    Wedges: Titiliest SM6 50* and 60*, Taylormade Spin Milled 56*
    Putter: Bettinardi BB1 (SummerLovin)
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 986 ✭✭
    Bought some dozens to try, plus and pro and also lime and red. Decent ball but behind the snell and tp5 and srixon xv. This ball doesn't fly as far on irons and spins a bit too much for me. Solid ball but just out of top echelon
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,585 ✭✭
    i played vice for a bit. they were good. it is time for them to innovate and progress.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • BY#99BY#99 Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I have played and they are decent. However, they are more expensive and you need to buy 5 dozen minimum to get in the ballpark of other direct companies. As stated above, they do seem to lack the innovation and design like a Snell has for a cheaper price. Overall ball is decent but I would go with Snell for me. If I want the cheap I go with Cut for the overal value. To me Vice would be a 3rd if the group. Your results may vary.