2019 Titleist bags???? Nobody yet??

kgeorge78kgeorge78 Members Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen the catalog. Years ago titleist releases the next seasons bag but Sept / Oct of the previous year. The 2018 bags were out in Sept 2017. Carls golfland usually has them listed then.

Nobody online is listing the 2019 bags for sale yet which is strange considering it's already Feb. Does anyone know when the new bags will be released?

the all black players 4 with the single red zipper looks incredible

M6 10.5 ATMOS BLACK
M6 ROCKET 14 DEG ATMOS BLACK
Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
CLEVELAND RTX 4.0 52 56 60
NEWPORT 2

Comments

• johnroyal519johnroyal519 Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Im looking at a new players 4 plus. Can't find them anywhere out yet.
  • chrisf60526chrisf60526 Members Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Really like the "green out" bag. What the verdict on Titleist bags?
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Really like the "green out" bag. What the verdict on Titleist bags?

Iirc they are available Friday
  • SnoopDalyDogSnoopDalyDog Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Ordered a Players 4 Plus yesterday.
  • kgeorge78kgeorge78 Members Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    they are up on most sites now

M6 10.5 ATMOS BLACK
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
    NEWPORT 2

• NDeferNDefer Members Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Anyone know any Canadian retailers/online stores that have them?

Thanks,
  • purerollpureroll Members Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Feb 21, 2019 9:02pm #9
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jsheljshel Members Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw them for the first time last weekend at PGA Tour Superstore.

I thought they were definitely an upgrade over the past models as I wasn't a fan of the diagonal pocket.

I think the 4+ is going to be a winner for a lot of people. It has a little more room than the 4, but not as much unneeded stuff as the 5. For Ping comparison, it seemed to be in between the Hoofer and the Hoofer Lite.
    Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 degrees Mitsubishi Tensei shaft
    3W: TaylorMade M1
    Hybrid: Callaway XR 19 degree
    Irons: PXG XF Gen 2 Steelfiber shafts
    Wedges: Vokey SM6 54, 58
    Putter: Cameron & Crown Fastback
  • 6thFairway6thFairway Members Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Feb 23, 2019 2:12pm #11
    That player's 4 plus looks really good, makes me regret the player's 4 that I bought last year. I feel like I could use another pocket or two, not to carry more stuff but just to be more organized.
    jshel wrote:

I saw them for the first time last weekend at PGA Tour Superstore.

I thought they were definitely an upgrade over the past models as I wasn't a fan of the diagonal pocket.

I think the 4+ is going to be a winner for a lot of people. It has a little more room than the 4, but not as much unneeded stuff as the 5. For Ping comparison, it seemed to be in between the Hoofer and the Hoofer Lite.

exactly what I wanted to hear

M6 10.5 ATMOS BLACK
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
    NEWPORT 2

• RobDMBRobDMB Members Posts: 388 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone receive the 4 Plus yet? How is it? Are the dividers full length?
    Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Srixon Z765 4-AW Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant
  • mtpmtp New YorkMembers Posts: 12 ✭✭
    RobDMB wrote:

Anyone receive the 4 Plus yet? How is it? Are the dividers full length?

Received mine today. The dividers are full length including the small section that splits the middle row. I’m in NY so it won’t see the course for a while but first impression is a good one. I have midsize grips on irons and wedges and clubs seem to fit just fine.
    any real pics please

M6 10.5 ATMOS BLACK
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
    NEWPORT 2

kgeorge78 wrote:

any real pics please

Here you go. I’ve never attached photos to post before so I hope this works. Comparison pic is to my 2016 Sun Mountain 3.5LS.
  • CyFan CyFan If I could putt, I could play this game... Members Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay bag, but I dumped my 4 due to the flat/squarish top cuff. It just didn’t fit well on my push cart. Went bact to Sun Mountain which has a rounder top.
    Titleist 917D3 10.5 RIP Phenom 60 S
    Titleist 917F2 16.5 Diamana S+ 70 S
    Titleist 816H1 19 Rogue MAX S
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-P Modus3 Tour 105 S
    Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 DG
    Cleveland HB SOFT 11
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a customized Players 4 Plus with my club logo. Apparently some kind of deal at our club being promoted by Titleist.

The thing is, I have last year's Players 4 in great shape, but I just don't get along with the pocket layout. There's no tee pocket above the ball pocket, the diagonal apparel pocket, the water bottle pocket that interferes with the pocket below it where I keep my rangefinder- I'm just not a big fan of it. I guess I'll pass it along to the pro to give to a junior golfer who needs one because it's also customized with my club logo too. It's too bad, because I used a Titleist lightweight stand bag for many years before last year.
  • Hougz79Hougz79 Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    edited Mar 4, 2019 12:15am #19
    That's a sharp looking bag! Are the straps better than last year? (better padding). I have a 14 way from last year in the Red/Black/Sleet color scheme that I think is very sharp, but I just don't like the 14way top ever since Titleist stopped having Sun Moutain make their bags. Debating going to the Plus 4 and just having a 4 way top. Nice and simple.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Titleist TS3 8.5*, EFW T1100 65 6.5
    Titleist TS2 15*, EFW T1100 75 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 19*, Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8HB S
    Tileist 818 H2 21*, Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8HB S
    Titleist 718 AP3, 4-5, PX 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2, 6-PW PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52.12F, 58.12D
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
  • johnroyal519johnroyal519 Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    mtp wrote:

kgeorge78 wrote:

any real pics please

Here you go. I've never attached photos to post before so I hope this works. Comparison pic is to my 2016 Sun Mountain 3.5LS.

is that the players 4 plus?

mtp wrote:

kgeorge78 wrote:

any real pics please

Here you go. I've never attached photos to post before so I hope this works. Comparison pic is to my 2016 Sun Mountain 3.5LS.

is that the players 4 plus?

Yes
  • EagleCityEagleCity Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Saw the new lineup today at the PGA Superstore. Very tempting- i just wish the water bottle pocket was better designed.
    EagleCity wrote:

Saw the new lineup today at the PGA Superstore. Very tempting- i just wish the water bottle pocket was better designed.

They used to do that so well-- or, I guess, they did that so well when Sun Mountain built the Titleist lightweight stand bag. I still have one and I'm considering swapping back to it for a golf trip this week. Just don't love the layout of last year's Players 4 very much.

I am thinking/planning for a custom order of a 2019 Players 4 Plus. I like having a separate tee pocket and rangefinder pocket. How secure is that rangefinder pocket? Is there a threat of a rangefinder slipping out of it?
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 4, 2019 5:36pm #24
  • kfurnokfurno kfurno Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Just received the players 4 bag yesterday, LOVE IT! I was coming from a Hoofer and was tired of the excess tangle and weight. This new bag, made by sun mountain, is less bulky, super clean, and way more efficient IMO. I walk and ride depending on the course so wanted something that could do both. Storage is ample, good enough for just about anything - it’s no staff bag but I’m not looking for luggage! 100% recommend!
    Taylormade 2016 M1 HZRDUS Black
    Nike Covert Tour 3wd
    Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
    Mizuno MP-18SC (5-7) MB (8-PW) KBS C-Taper 120
    Vokey 52,56,60
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Scotty Cameron X5 flowneck (Bastain Milled)
  • Tee1UpTee1Up Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kfurno wrote:

Just received the players 4 bag yesterday, LOVE IT! I was coming from a Hoofer and was tired of the excess tangle and weight. This new bag, made by sun mountain, is less bulky, super clean, and way more efficient IMO. I walk and ride depending on the course so wanted something that could do both. Storage is ample, good enough for just about anything - it’s no staff bag but I’m not looking for luggage! 100% recommend!

When did Sun Mountain start making bags for Titleist again?
  • San PedroSan Pedro Members Posts: 19 ✭✭
    anyone with new StaDry pics/experience?
  • kfurnokfurno kfurno Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Not sure about the SM timeline, just what I heard
    Taylormade 2016 M1 HZRDUS Black
    Nike Covert Tour 3wd
    Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
    Mizuno MP-18SC (5-7) MB (8-PW) KBS C-Taper 120
    Vokey 52,56,60
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Scotty Cameron X5 flowneck (Bastain Milled)
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 12, 2019 3:05pm #30
    I have the stadry players 4 - I'm coming from a titleist cart bag, a few years old, wanted to start walking more. My thoughts after a few rounds -

- definitely waterproof!

- The garment pocket doesn't do great with anything bulky like a sweatshirt.

- The rangefinder pocket is too big for my bushnell, it tends to bury itself in the bottom, and its not easy to get out as it will get caught on the pocket lip - might need to think of some sort of "holster" for it, or hang it but I do like where it sits on the bag - also, above sweatshirt makes it difficult to get out

- Opposite for the water bottle holder - I have a 32 oz water bottle I usually carry, it will barely fit. I've just went with putting my water bottle in the middle pocket. I may try to see if I can find a piece of PVC to make a sleeve for it?

- the second pocket on the water bottle side definitely will impede the water bottle pocket if you cram it full of stuff

- The middle pocket is huge! I have to consciously not fill it full of stuff to weigh it down.

All in all, its fine, but I really should have done more research, I think I would have went with the 5 to have more room, especially because I'll probably only walk 20% of the time and ride the rest.
    edited Mar 13, 2019 11:18am #31
    jmkenn0 wrote:

All in all, its fine, but I really should have done more research, I think I would have went with the 5 to have more room, especially because I'll probably only walk 20% of the time and ride the rest.

Funny to hear this. Thanks for your opinion. I was going through the exact same after looking at the 4 Plus. I thought about it a lot and decided to go with the customized Hybrid 5 instead. I think it will be light enough for occasional carry and frequent range use, but the pockets are laid out better for cart use.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file