2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

eBay/USPS purchase in the process of going wrong

delmer

Forget ebay and their estimated dates, that really means nothing at this point. It's more of a guide as they truly have no control, even more so as their "Guaranteed Delivery Date" is based on Priority shipping. Once the seller chose Parcel any date projections went out the window, and that's on them. Take the tracking number into USPS's website and see what that says. For my shipment it was somewhat accurate to the true due date, where ebay's date was long past, but IIRC still missed the mark by a day or two. You can also sign up for updates on their website I believe if and when it gets scanned again somewhere. If it makes you feel better you can contact USPS as it's often been said they have a more thorough system that they have access to than we can see. For myself, whenever I've had any issue I've simply contacted my local post office, and kindly and politely explained what's happening. Sometimes it gets results, sometimes it doesn't. In this case I'm not sure you'll get much from it other than them saying it's in their system and still moving, and might just annoy the likely overworked employee handling it.

I don't think you're being irrational, just perhaps lacking some patience at this point.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that people can't fathom having an item shipped to a location where they might actually be someone there to receive it???

A business - a friend - a neighbor who sits home all day.

I have been on the wrong end of a shipping problem, where it was dropped off by the carrier as requested, to the proper address. Buyer contacted ebay/PayPal and stated they never received it, altho I provided proof of delivery.

Wanna guess how it ended???

Correct - I was forced to swallow the loss, since the buyer actually never received the item. So, I had to ship another item to them, but this time I required them to decide on either signature, or delivery to their place of work.

I can't be scammed twice in a row.

OP - eventually, you'll get either the item or a refund. Unfortunate that this is the new normal.

That's interesting.

Just this past August I had the exact same problem and the buyer had to eat it and report it to his local police as something stolen from his property. :dntknw:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Also did I ever state I though there was a 2-8 week, I mean day guarantee? No but at what point do I try to hunt the package down? 2 weeks from the last scan?

I've messaged the seller twice, once when I noticed he sent it snail service when he advertised Priority, and once after the eBay "Guaranteed Delivery Date" came and went. I'm happy to do the leg work to try to hunt the package down which is the reason why I reached out to you guys to see if anyone has had any success in doing so or knew which department within USPS I might have luck with.

If I'm acting irrationally in your mind and need to relax then I apologize.

I understand you're ticked, I would be too. Show me your ebay transaction where it says anything about guaranteed delivery date/time frame. And it's not from the date you purchased.

The package isn't lost. It's just slow. You said you purchased a week ago? Wait another week I bet you it shows up.

Did you do all this stuff already? https://www.usps.com...issing-mail.htm

I recommend signing up for the Informed Delivery service which will email you tracking updates and alerts for packages sent to you.

The item was listed as fast and free so the seller had a certain amount of time to get the package in my hands which didn't happen. As I said eBay gave me a whopping $5 for the package being late.

The tracking said they were scheduled for delivery on Monday and now it just says they're later than expected but still on the way.

As I explained earlier I did contact USPS and they said they won't open any investigation until 14 days after the day the accepted the package which is interesting because the link you gave says 7 days.

I was hoping someone had experience working with USPS to try to track a package down that there hasn't been any sign of for over a week but it sounds like my only option is to just sit around and wait.

Also did I ever state I though there was a 2-8 week, I mean day guarantee? No but at what point do I try to hunt the package down? 2 weeks from the last scan?

I've messaged the seller twice, once when I noticed he sent it snail service when he advertised Priority, and once after the eBay "Guaranteed Delivery Date" came and went. I'm happy to do the leg work to try to hunt the package down which is the reason why I reached out to you guys to see if anyone has had any success in doing so or knew which department within USPS I might have luck with.

I understand you're ticked, I would be too. Show me your ebay transaction where it says anything about guaranteed delivery date/time frame. And it's not from the date you purchased.

The package isn't lost. It's just slow. You said you purchased a week ago? Wait another week I bet you it shows up.

Did you do all this stuff already? https://www.usps.com...issing-mail.htm

I recommend signing up for the Informed Delivery service which will email you tracking updates and alerts for packages sent to you.

The item was listed as fast and free so the seller had a certain amount of time to get the package in my hands which didn't happen. As I said eBay gave me a whopping $5 for the package being late.

The tracking said they were scheduled for delivery on Monday and now it just says they're later than expected but still on the way.

As I explained earlier I did contact USPS and they said they won't open any investigation until 14 days after the day the accepted the package which is interesting because the link you gave says 7 days.

I was hoping someone had experience working with USPS to try to track a package down that there hasn't been any sign of for over a week but it sounds like my only option is to just sit around and wait.

I am having the same issue on a driver I ordered, glad to hear its not just me. The estimated delivery date was Monday, but the last scan was "in-transit" on the 4th in Utah....Mine was USPS priority too. Guess I'll hurry up and wait.

RELAX. Where do you see anything about 2-8 days guaranteed delivery? Nothing is guaranteed. It's all ESTIMATED delivery. Priority is even estimated 2-3 days but NEVER guaranteed. Also, shipping is business days.

Ding the seller with a negative for slow shipping after you get your stuff. It will come. USPS Retail could be two weeks or more. Where did it ship from and where is it going?

When would you suggest I take action? It's now been over a week from the last tracking scan.

You're certainly acting irrational in my mind and you need to relax. I get you're excited to get your new clubs and you're upset the seller acted in a shady manner, but you need to chill as they will come. Say it with me, 'they will come and I will be happy'.

You are stuck in a space where you can't file with USPS, as they've told you, and you don't have them in hand. It's an uncomfortable place to be, but this will pass. Breathe. Worry about something you can control.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

OP, the USPS tracking can be very spotty sometimes. The bar code could have gotten destroyed. Odds are very high you will get your package. It hasn't been long enough to panic at this point. It could show up at any moment.

Your only real gripe is with the seller for advertising Priority and not sending them Priority, imo.

But it's too early to start thinking of "tracking down the package" or filing a claim. That's why USPS has their 14 day or whatever policy. They know that 99% of packages will get there before then.

Not to thread jack, but I'm dealing with a similar situation right now but I'm definitely getting screwed with my deal.

I bought a set of iron heads on ebay on January 2nd, they were shipped priority the same day, USPS tracking showed delivered on Saturday the 5th...but no package ever showed. The package was insured, but the post office is saying it was delivered so they probably won't cover it. I called Ebay and got the same answer, since they marked it as delivered they would find in the sellers favor if I opened a claim.

The kicker to this story...the package wasn't even scanned at my house when "delivered" according to the lady I talked to on the phone, so how can they say it was delivered to the right address?

I know it's not the sellers fault, so what can I do? Absolutely nothing most likely, I've always thought Ebay and PayPal would cover me if anything went wrong, I guess not.

Not to thread jack, but I'm dealing with a similar situation right now but I'm definitely getting screwed with my deal.

I bought a set of iron heads on ebay on January 2nd, they were shipped priority the same day, USPS tracking showed delivered on Saturday the 5th...but no package ever showed. The package was insured, but the post office is saying it was delivered so they probably won't cover it. I called Ebay and got the same answer, since they marked it as delivered they would find in the sellers favor if I opened a claim.

The kicker to this story...the package wasn't even scanned at my house when "delivered" according to the lady I talked to on the phone, so how can they say it was delivered to the right address?

I know it's not the sellers fault, so what can I do? Absolutely nothing most likely, I've always thought Ebay and PayPal would cover me if anything went wrong, I guess not.

You're in a tough spot because it's your word against the POs and guess who wins that one?

I actually had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago. My USPS driver comes right around noon everyday. I had a package coming from Amazon so I got a notification at like 6:00PM saying it was delivered. I thought it was strange so I called the local PO in the morning and told let them know it showed delivered but I never got it. They talked to the driver and he actually delivered it to the wrong address and the delivered tracking message is actually a system generated update that happens when something isn't scanned as delivered but the delivery guys truck is scanned as being empty. The next day he got the package from a house down the street and gave it to me and that's when he explained all of the system generated tracking updates.

Ask for: "Proof of delivery"

I had a business that sold very high-end women's gowns. Sent one FedEx to a girl around Washington, DC.

She called me a day after it was due to be delivered (I never checked unless there was a problem).

Turns out it was delivered to a house a couple streets over. The people who got it didn't know what to do with it.

Took me, as the seller, a full 40 hours (yes, you read that right) to get this item to the customer, who initially was angry with me, but realized with my investigations that FedEx was the culprit.

And, FedEx tried to get out of even trying to find it!

So....to the OP....if it were me, I would simply start a complaint with PayPal that the item did not ship AS SPECIFIED in shipping description. Your details in the post document and verify that.

OP, I just ran into a similar (but not as bad) situation as you. My irons were supposed to arrive last Friday, per USPS website and tracking number. But there were never any scam updates. When they didn’t arrive I went to the post office and had them track the number (they apparently have a much better tracking system than what is available to us), he was at least able to locate them (sat in Denver without moving for three days) and tell me when I should get them.

They did arrive on Monday, after I left town on Saturday!

OP, I just ran into a similar (but not as bad) situation as you. My irons were supposed to arrive last Friday, per USPS website and tracking number. But there were never any scam updates. When they didn’t arrive I went to the post office and had them track the number (they apparently have a much better tracking system than what is available to us), he was at least able to locate them (sat in Denver without moving for three days) and tell me when I should get them.

They did arrive on Monday, after I left town on Saturday!

They probably sat in Denver because it was New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

What the USPS system automatically spits out as a delivery date is not always accurate. Especially when you're talking about the busiest shipping season of the year.

They even say on their website that you should expect slower shipping times during these weeks.

First I'll respond to the OP then I will also thread jack.

OP all you can do is wait or file a claim with Ebay or PP. Since your item has not been delivered it is on the seller to hunt it down or refund your money. You can call the Postal Service and get the run around but when it comes down to it the seller is on the hook for it until it says delivered.

Now let me vent a little. I think it sucks that when a package confirms delivered and you didn't get it that you will be out your money. There are major problems with all the delivery services and no accountability. If the package says delivered Ebay and PP will side with the seller when you claim you didn't get it. I'm not saying that is wrong but no one likes that feeling when you know darn well you didn't get it. The delivery services will usually just tell you it's been delivered and blow you off too .

The Postal Service in my area has been terrible especially the last few months. I have the local office on speed dial. We have a cluster box for regular mail and lock boxes for packages. Packages say delivered that are not there. I call the PO and they basically tell me it's been delivered. I tell them no it hasn't. It magically appears a week to as long as three weeks later in one case. I ordered a $220 fishing reel for Christmas. The seller sent it with signature. I went to the mail box one day and the key to the lock box was there. My first thought was what about the signature? I opened up the box and there were five packages in there all belonging to diferent people in my development. I walked around and delivered all the packages saying doing the mailperson's job today. When I checked the tracking number my reel had been delivered too but I had no reel. I called the PO the next day to inquire about it thinking they took it back because the person was to lazy to walk down to the house and have my wife sign for it. That has happened a few times too. I was told no it has been delivered. After complaining about everything I got I'll check into it. Two days later I get a knock on the door and some guy from down the street handed me my package. He apologised for taking several days because he said his son bought it in off the porch after school and failed to say anything about it. So no signature and delivered to the wrong house and I would have been out all that money had it not been for honest persons.

It's not just USPS . UPS delivered a Cobra driver I bought off Ebay. Tracking said delivered at 11 am at back door. I was home all day and was out front raking leaves and then moved on to washing my truck. I was outside until mid afternoon. Unless the driver climbed over my six foot fence or tossed it over the fence there was no way it was delivered at my back door. He would have had to pull into my court and walk by me in the first place. I contacted the seller and told him my story and he said sorry it's been delivered. I call UPS and explained how it couldn't have been delivered and was told it's been delivered. I filed a claim with Ebay and PP and was denied because it had been delivered. I was out my money and no driver. Over a week goes by. I leave for work at 5 am and it's sitting on my front porch. It wasn't there when I got home the night before at 11pm. I doubt UPS delivered it before 5am. I was happy to get it and figured the lost package fairy delivered it.

Some how there needs to be a better way. You pay for a delivery service you would think you could get your package.

It sucks that if something shows as delivered all of the involved agencies will side with the seller and assume the item to have been delivered. It truly sucks, I’ve been on the short end of it before. But, I can understand why it is done that way. It wouldn’t take the scumbags out there long to realize that all they have to do is say “hey, the tracking shows delivered and I never got the item!” and have paypal and ebay side with them and refund their money... all while having actually received the item and receiving their money back.

Unfortunately, I just don’t see another way for those companies to protect themselves from folks like that without some honest people getting burned from time to time. It’s unfortunate the delivery companies can’t be held to a higher standard.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Ok, just want to update my previous post, the iron heads magically appeared in my neighbors garage yesterday, the same neighbor my wife and I asked three times if he had seen the package. My neighbor apparently brought his mail into his garage and set it down, then totally forgot about it, I'm pretty sure he's losing his mind.

I read this whole thread hoping near the end Id read that the OP had received his clubs. :swoon:

Be thankful it was only a page and part of another. I've read through pages and pages of crap like this, never finding an ending.

Make that 3 of us. Just read this thread for the first time this morning. With coffee, thankfully :D

The OP started this thread 7 days ago. Hopefully we will see a positive update soon.

No updates usually means the clubs were delivered and the OP doesn't see a need to fill in those that are hanging on by a thread curious to the outcome.

C'mon OP, give us the goods!!!

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

• 2 weeks later...

I am retired from USPS but still have a few contacts so might be able to help. Send me the tracking number. A couple of suggestions for everyone. First of all, unless you have given them permission, no USPS delivery personnel should be leaving any packages on your porch, insured or otherwise. They should be attempting to deliver and leaving a notice if no one is home. I would send and expect those sending me items to use Priority Mail, Insured, Signature Required. Porch pirates are becoming a bigger problem these days. The ONLY class of mail with a guaranteed delivery is Express Mail. Priority should normally take 2 or 3 days. I posted this on another thread but my experience has been that USPS is pretty reliable although all delivery companies make mistakes. Whoever is telling you they won't start a claim for 14 days is lying to you. There is no claim to make if an item isn't insured. In over 33 years at USPS with most of those as a Manager I know of less than a handful of items that were "lost". Sometimes an item is left at the wrong house or sent to a wrong post office. Normally, it is redirected within a day or 2. Like you, I want my stuff on time and to the right address. I've got packages in the last 2 months delivered by USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Amazon. USPS made one mistake, UPS didn't deliver at all one day, FedEx left my package on a neighbors porch and had a late overnight delivery. Amazon is kind of new in my area and the drivers don't have a clue what they are doing. I'll make this offer with no guarantees but an attempt to help. If you have an issue, send me a message with the tracking number and I may be able to see what's going on.

I am retired from USPS but still have a few contacts so might be able to help. Send me the tracking number. A couple of suggestions for everyone. First of all, unless you have given them permission, no USPS delivery personnel should be leaving any packages on your porch, insured or otherwise. They should be attempting to deliver and leaving a notice if no one is home. I would send and expect those sending me items to use Priority Mail, Insured, Signature Required. Porch pirates are becoming a bigger problem these days. The ONLY class of mail with a guaranteed delivery is Express Mail. Priority should normally take 2 or 3 days. I posted this on another thread but my experience has been that USPS is pretty reliable although all delivery companies make mistakes. Whoever is telling you they won't start a claim for 14 days is lying to you. There is no claim to make if an item isn't insured. In over 33 years at USPS with most of those as a Manager I know of less than a handful of items that were "lost". Sometimes an item is left at the wrong house or sent to a wrong post office. Normally, it is redirected within a day or 2. Like you, I want my stuff on time and to the right address. I've got packages in the last 2 months delivered by USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Amazon. USPS made one mistake, UPS didn't deliver at all one day, FedEx left my package on a neighbors porch and had a late overnight delivery. Amazon is kind of new in my area and the drivers don't have a clue what they are doing. I'll make this offer with no guarantees but an attempt to help. If you have an issue, send me a message with the tracking number and I may be able to see what's going on.

1st, thanks for stepping up and offering to help.

2nd USPS delivery drivers ALWAYS leave packages on the porch, with or without permission...ALWAYS!! Just saying.

For those buyers that have been stuck with the “USPS shows delivered but I have no package scenario”... If you purchased with AMEX - and possibly other credit cards - I would check to see if they’ll provide buyer protection. This worked for me when I used AMEX through PayPal in a very similar situation. I bought an iPad, for some reason they didn’t make me sign for it and dropped it off in the mail room of my condo building. I initially thought it wasn’t delivered or delivered to the wrong address - I went to the post office twice and talked to the mail carrier that delivers to our building and she was adamant that she never scans a package delivered at the wrong location - and they had her scanning it at my building. I then had the building manager pull the security video and sure enough there was someone that came in, grabbed a bunch of packages, and left. I had to file a police report online and show AMEX my homeowner policy, but they refunded the entire purchase amount. I was shocked, but definitely very impressed with AMEX’s customer service.

No updates usually means the clubs were delivered and the OP doesn't see a need to fill in those that are hanging on by a thread curious to the outcome.

Sorry for going on vacation and not updating you. Still no clubs. Going through the process to get my money back.

Lighten up Francis, it was a light hearted attempt at shaking an update out of you. Most come back from vacations relaxed and less tense. Seems you vacation differently than most.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Sorry for going on vacation and not updating you. Still no clubs. Going through the process to get my money back.

Lighten up Francis, it was a light hearted attempt at shaking an update out of you. Most come back from vacations relaxed and less tense. Seems you vacation differently than most.

How do I vacation differently than most? Do most of you guys sit in your hotel rooms and scour a website while you're on vacation?

I sit in front of a computer and talk on the phone all day for work so I just shut it down and play golf when I go on vacation. I was also thoroughly annoyed by the hassle of these clubs not showing up so the very last thing I was going to do when I was on vacation was come on here and get all wound up.

Like I said no clubs still so I'm just going through the motions to get my money back. I tried being proactive by talking to USPS through the whole thing but I can report back that it was a giant waste of time. There is literally nothing anybody can do other than just sit around and wait for something to happen so if nothing else comes of this thread hopefully someone will read to here and decided to not waste their time by trying to call USPS.

The good part is I'll get my money back since they were never delivered so all I really lost was a bit of time.