True Temper Elevate - Iron Shafts

Diamana_Stinger

I’ve been playing these for about 2 maybe 3 months now?

Have a set of the tours s300 in the jpx 919 tours. Previous set of irons were forge Tec black irons with recoils. Obviously apples to oranges but there are some good things to compare to them.

Biggest thing I’m taking away from using these are I am getting better height on my shots with better landing into greens. I’m not a super fast swinger but I do come in relatively steep and put spin on the ball. Not ballooning anything. Just a med/high flight with lowish spin. Distance wise, I’m hitting them about the same as the tec blacks. Maybe half a club shorter on average but that is more than likely from mishits as my good hits are reaching the same yardage as Previous sets. But again the blacks are stronger lofted as well so that extra height is certainly helping me carry more.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Hit the elevates vs the LZ the other day. same head just one was my set and the other was the fitting head.

Big takeaway was that the Elevate with VSS feels way better. They are a very similar shaft for the most part. Main difference for me was the LZ was lower spinning and had a flatter flight overall. Launch was very similar. Hit the elevates about 6 yards farther but my best hits with both were about the same carry. the Elevates launching a full degree higher with about 500 more rpms with a steeper descent angle. Funny enough, the swing with the elevate was about a mph slower and about 1.5 mph less ball speed. Yet launched higher, carried the same and spun more. Super happy with that as I want that thing to stop when it lands haha.

• Like 1

Hit the elevates vs the LZ the other day. same head just one was my set and the other was the fitting head.

Big takeaway was that the Elevate with VSS feels way better. They are a very similar shaft for the most part. Main difference for me was the LZ was lower spinning and had a flatter flight overall. Launch was very similar. Hit the elevates about 6 yards farther but my best hits with both were about the same carry. the Elevates launching a full degree higher with about 500 more rpms with a steeper descent angle. Funny enough, the swing with the elevate was about a mph slower and about 1.5 mph less ball speed. Yet launched higher, carried the same and spun more. Super happy with that as I want that thing to stop when it lands haha.

woudn't using a club with one more degree of loft achieve the same thing?

woudn't using a club with one more degree of loft achieve the same thing?

Im sorry, what are you asking?

Are you saying If I weaken my clubs one degree would it what? launch higher and spin more? i guess?

For those of us a bit older with pedestrian swing speeds...

I hit both the new '19 Apex and Apex Pro 7i with the Elevate 95 shaft this afternoon directly compared to my current '16 Apex Pro 7i with Recoil 95. I would say that I saw on average a 1.5 degree increase in launch, 400 more RPM and 2 yards of peak height along with a degree or two more descent angle than the Recoil.

Feel was very very good.

I'm impressed and will look into these for 2019.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Anyone know about TT XP 105 s300 comparing to TT Elevate 95 stiff? Similar ball flight and similar in flex?

To me, XP 105 stiff feels and play like firm which is perfect for me.

Callaway Paradym 9* as 10* Graphite Design VR 6 S

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19*  UST MAMIYA RECOIL 75 DART S

Ping i525   4 - PW  Ping AWT 2.0 S

Callaway PM Grind 19  Tour Grey 55*/11  KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 

Callaway PM Grind 19  Tour Grey 59*/11  Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw S

Titliest Vokey SM9 T-Grind Chrome 61*/ 5   TT DG S200

Odyssey Ai-ONE Rossie S Putter

Callaway 24'Chrome Tour Yellow/Titliest 24' AVX Yellow

Was hitting these in the Apex Pro. Nice feel. Could game these. Tried the Tours @ 117g and were a bit heavy for me. The 95g was a better fit. Nice flight for me. Soft, yet stable. Seems 105g shafts fit me best, but could go with the Elevate in 95 no problem. ;)

Ping Hoofer Lite

Mizuno ST Max 9.5*

Mizuno ST Max 3/7W

Mizuno ST Max 5/6H

Mizuno 243 7-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

• 2 weeks later...

I hit the Apex Pro and CF 19 with elevate 95 and XP 95. I was looking for a little higher launch coming from Apex 16 with XP 95.

I liked the pro numbers better with the elevate 95, higher launch and spin while only giving up 5 or so yards versus the CF 19 with the elevate .... So I decided to order it.

Come to find out you can get the Elevate 95 in the combo but not the straight Pro set.

Has to do with the taper head on the regular pro versus the parallel head on the combo and CF 19.

Not sure if I am going to order the combo with the elevate 95

or the pro with the XP 95 or AMT red

When I did my fitting for the Apex CF-19’s I tested all the usual suspects which included my current shaft of the standard PX 5.5. It came down to the Elevate Tour Stiff (117 grams) and PX 5.5 (115 grams). At first the PX was going about 5 yards further while having a lower Apex and less Spin than the Elevate. After using the Elevate more during the fitting I started finding my “grove” and overall, the distance was a few yards longer vs the PX while having a higher Apex and more spin.

I decided to go back again the next day just to make sure the Elevate shaft was my choice. Once again, equal to more distance, higher Apex and more spin with the Elevate. PLUS, the Elevate Tour felt much smoother than the PX.

I only have one round on my new Apex 19’s so take this with a grain of salt. However, during that one round my approach shots were stopping on a dime as the kids would say. Such a nice high ball flight which I’m not use to but really do enjoy.

I liked the Elevate so much, I also ordered a 2019 Big Bertha 4 iron with the Elevate 95 shaft or as I like to call it “The Weekend Warriors Driving Iron”. The 4 iron just arrived so I haven’t had time to test it but I certainly look forward to it.

So far, I’m real happy with the performance of the Elevate Tour shaft and of course my new Apex Irons.

I picked up my new build Srixon Z745 new heads with Elevate Tour today. Took for a quick spin. Very impressed giving me the higher ball flight I was looking for, more lively feel, nice kick and tight dispersion and still excellent distance. The vibration dampening is really nice I have been playing DG 105 and while it is a lighter version of dynamic gold it is very tip stiff. I love the dispersion but its demanding IMO. The Elevate has a more active tip but still feels tight. More rounds to come but loving this combo. I forgot how perfect the Z745 iron heads look and feel!!

• Like 1

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my new build Srixon Z745 new heads with Elevate Tour today. Took for a quick spin. Very impressed giving me the higher ball flight I was looking for, more lively feel, nice kick and tight dispersion and still excellent distance. The vibration dampening is really nice I have been playing DG 105 and while it is a lighter version of dynamic gold it is very tip stiff. I love the dispersion but its demanding IMO. The Elevate has a more active tip but still feels tight. More rounds to come but loving this combo. I forgot how perfect the Z745 iron heads look and feel!!

How well does the vibration dampening tech work? Is it anything like graphite? I'm between Modus 105 and these. Well done on the 745's. I feel the same way about Bridgestone J40 CB's. They're just *right*.

• Like 1

How well does the vibration dampening tech work? Is it anything like graphite? I'm between Modus 105 and these. Well done on the 745's. I feel the same way about Bridgestone J40 CB's. They're just *right*.

I think it works well. It so smooth and all my buddies have hit it said the same thing. I seemed to have picked up a few yards as well on carry distance as well. I don't think they really launch very high (more of a mid-flight) but they are smooth, have a nice kick and very accurate.

I’m really intrigued by these. I just switched from steel to Steelfiber due to tendinitis and joint pain in my elbows. While the Steelfiber has done its job by relieving the pain, my ball striking consistency has gone into the toilet. I even went for the 110 gram and it still feels too light. The profile may have something to do with it as (to me at least) it resembles a PX minus the weight.

I like the performance (ball flight, spin, etc.) of the Steelfibers when I strike them well, but I don’t strike them well consistently enough. I don’t really need the extra spin or height on my shots but these might help bring back the feel that I’m missing in the Steelfibers.

I was contemplating trying out the Modus 120. I’ve hit them a bunch in a few different heads but for some reason I can’t commit to them. I wonder how these compare?

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15° | Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White 70 S
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White 70 S

Mizuno Pro 221 4-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Odyssey Ai-ONE Seven CH | KBS CT Tour
Titleist ProV1

I’m really intrigued by these. I just switched from steel to Steelfiber due to tendinitis and joint pain in my elbows. While the Steelfiber has done its job by relieving the pain, my ball striking consistency has gone into the toilet. I even went for the 110 gram and it still feels too light. The profile may have something to do with it as (to me at least) it resembles a PX minus the weight.

I like the performance (ball flight, spin, etc.) of the Steelfibers when I strike them well, but I don’t strike them well consistently enough. I don’t really need the extra spin or height on my shots but these might help bring back the feel that I’m missing in the Steelfibers.

I was contemplating trying out the Modus 120. I’ve hit them a bunch in a few different heads but for some reason I can’t commit to them. I wonder how these compare?

I can’t speak to the tendinitis but I’ve played the modus 120 and Project X 5.5 over the last couple of years. Like you, the modus 120 never wowed me enough to keep the set. Always “felt” like I wasn’t getting the most of the shaft. I really like the Project X 5.5 and I always seem to get fit to it no matter the fitter. However, this last time I wanted something different and ended up with the Elevate Tour stiff.

So far, one round, 3 range sessions and I really like them. To me, it has the smoothness of the modus but that sold kick like a project X that’s not to stiff for you. Ball flight is higher than project X and distance is a little longer too.

Overall, I think True Temper did a real good job with these. Stable but smooth with a little nice kick. The only thing I don’t like is the shaft labels but now that’s just me being picky....

Also wanted to add, with my swing I feel like I would have way to much spin with an mb head with this shaft. It certainly a much better fit with the new players distance heads. Again, for my swing.

Never sell to this crowd.

Nearly Everyone on this site seems to think they hit the ball too high and spin too much.

Very few people that I play with seem to understand what the height of a well struck iron should look like.

Most stronger more accomplished players should hit their irons with at least a 100 foot Apex. That’s up there.

Not me. Me likey height.

Nearly Everyone on this site seems to think they hit the ball too high and spin too much.

Very few people that I play with seem to understand what the height of a well struck iron should look like.

Most stronger more accomplished players should hit their irons with at least a 100 foot Apex. That’s up there.

Not me. Me likey height.

Reading this reminded me of the time I stood behind Dustin Johnson on a par 3. If I remember it was 190 with barely and wind. He hit that ball so high my amature mind thought he mishit and was going to way short. Nope. Landed with in 10 feet of the pin and stopped. I stood behind that par 3 tee box for the next 3 hours and just watched every player launch the ball higher than I would have ever imagined.

Most stronger more accomplished players should hit their irons with at least a 100 foot Apex. That's up there.

Not me. Me likey height.

Reading this reminded me of the time I stood behind Dustin Johnson on a par 3. If I remember it was 190 with barely and wind. He hit that ball so high my amature mind thought he mishit and was going to way short. Nope. Landed with in 10 feet of the pin and stopped. I stood behind that par 3 tee box for the next 3 hours and just watched every player launch the ball higher than I would have ever imagined.

Agreed! I caddied in the Farmers Insurance pro-am and James Hahn was in our group. We were all amazed how high he hit his irons and driver. We definitley do not hit our irons that high at least the folks I play with who are single digit handicap's including myself. It really is a different game they play!

• 2 weeks later...

This is where fitting on trackman and gc4 is so nice. I prefer trackman just because I am more familiar with it from use.

Height is great as long as it isn't ballooning. I finally found the shaft/head combo that put me over that 100ft apex with optimal trajectory. Plenty of stuff I could hit higher but would not have the right flight characteristics. Modus 120s gives me that optimized flight. 100-115ft apex with nice spin level to hold strong. Thing of beauty. Only thing holding me back from more height is my lack of tour speed.

I agree that most players do not hit it nearly high enough and yes tour pros are playing a different game lol

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

• 3 weeks later...

Just got fit for a set of Apex irons. Tried probably half a dozen shafts and the stock Elevate 95 were easily the best. I’ve played C-Taper Lites the past 3 years and the Elevates launched about 2.5 degrees higher with about 600 RPM more spin and I picked up 3-4 yards of carry. Great option for guys like me with more moderate SS (low-80s with a 7i) than your typical WRX’er who can use a little help getting the ball higher in the air. And by no means was I hitting moon balls, either. Launch was 21-22 hitting a 7i with the Elevates vs. 19 with the C-Taper Lites. Have only hit indoors on the Trackman with them to this point since there is still snow on the ground here in NH, but can’t wait to hold a few more greens this year...

• 5 months later...

i have the tour stiffs in my 0211s and really like them. i normally play shafts 95-105g because i dont have the fastest ss, but the 115g is so soft and stable, i am getting the same results and barely feel a difference. so far so good.

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

> @Thayneil said:

> (Quote)

>

>

>

>

> TXG going around telling the truth!

>

>

>

> the marketing departments must hate them!

depends on who's marketing department. They were/are in tight with accura, and TPT. As well as Mizuno. I am not saying that to knock them. I think they keep their reviews pretty unbiased. But, everyone has to make a buck..

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see a thread on these, I absolutely love the VSS Tour in X. They are smooth as butter and for anyone in love with Modus 120 they will give you the same feel and the higher launch you are seeking.

They seem to run soft in my opinion in terms of flex (I normally play stiff), but the performance is amazing.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm not sure if you ever got an answer to your question, but I've been looking into these shafts and emailed True Temper. Their rep told me that these are a replacement for the XP 105 with the only difference being the VSS addition for better feel/vibration dampening.

I'm looking into these because my favorite shafts currently are the True Temper stock steel shafts that came in my Cobra F7 irons. True Temper said that the Elevate 105 shafts are the most similar to those.

Driver: nope

2W: TaylorMade Mini 300 (13.5*) - Ventus Blue 7x 

5W: Cobra SpeedZone (18*) - Ventus Blue 8x

4H: PING G410 (22*) - Tour AD-95x

5i-PW: Srixon zX5/7 - Project X LZ 6.5

GW: PING Glide 3.0 - Project X Rifle 6.5

SW: Vokey TVD-K Grind - Project X Rifle 6.5

LW: TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw LB - Project X Rifle 6.5

P: Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 (Crescent Neck)