2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Hitting the range myself later today. It's a balmy 40 degrees in greater NYC. Taking along the Hogan's w/ me too.

That's about what it was here tonight when I went. It was around 55*F during the day, but temperatures dropped after the sun went down.

Have fun with the Hogan's. You've got Apex 4s in yours, right? I doubt they're the same shaft as my Apex 4s from '72, but I'd be interested to see how different -- or similar-- they are.

Yes,they seem to be the True Temper variety as well. The Brunswick FM's in my 99's are slightly "smoother, softer" feeling. These have a DG flavor to them, so they maybe close to what you have. Great blend of trajectory & line to them, without giving away distance. Hogan aficionado's speak highly of the 72's, so looking forward to your further thoughts.

As an aside, I really need to buy a set of blades with Brunswick FM 6.0s in them. I think they could be my perfect shaft. I have some MS-11s with 5.5s: OK, but a bit easy to overpower, and the ball flight is on the high side. I have some Mac R58s with 6.5s in them. OK, but a little bit hard work, especially towards the end of the round. I reckon the 6.0s should be perfect.

Hitting the range myself later today. It's a balmy 40 degrees in greater NYC. Taking along the Hogan's w/ me too.

That's about what it was here tonight when I went. It was around 55*F during the day, but temperatures dropped after the sun went down.

Have fun with the Hogan's. You've got Apex 4s in yours, right? I doubt they're the same shaft as my Apex 4s from '72, but I'd be interested to see how different -- or similar-- they are.

Yes,they seem to be the True Temper variety as well. The Brunswick FM's in my 99's are slightly "smoother, softer" feeling. These have a DG flavor to them, so they maybe close to what you have. Great blend of trajectory & line to them, without giving away distance. Hogan aficionado's speak highly of the 72's, so looking forward to your further thoughts.

As an aside, I really need to buy a set of blades with Brunswick FM 6.0s in them. I think they could be my perfect shaft. I have some MS-11s with 5.5s: OK, but a bit easy to overpower, and the ball flight is on the high side. I have some Mac R58s with 6.5s in them. OK, but a little bit hard work, especially towards the end of the round. I reckon the 6.0s should be perfect.

I had the Brunswick 6.0's in my RAM Pro Set's. Real nice, DG S300 with a tad smoother feel. Agree on 6.5's, need to "get fit" with them, they're more demanding than even the S400.

I had the Brunswick 6.0's in my RAM Pro Set's. Real nice, DG S300 with a tad smoother feel. Agree on 6.5's, need to "get fit" with them, they're more demanding than even the S400.

Now the S400s, there's a shaft that I'm keen to try properly. In fact, I am getting an old set of Mizunos shafted up with S400s at +1/2" over standard length. I tried one out in the 7i first to see if I liked it, and I found it similar to the X100 in stability, but easier to launch. Looking forward to getting the whole set done.

The S400's has become my favorite shaft. It's the first shaft where I'm picking what quadrant around the flag to go for and actually hitting it with decent consistency. I cannot even relate to X100 and find lighter DG's to be more erratic than the 400's. Great blend of heavy weight and a kick that is not crazy demanding.

The S400's has become my favorite shaft. It's the first shaft where I'm picking what quadrant around the flag to go for and actually hitting it with decent consistency. I cannot even relate to X100 and find lighter DG's to be more erratic than the 400's. Great blend of heavy weight and a kick that is not crazy demanding.

That's what I was finding with the trial club. Heavy (which means to me stable and workable), but with some kick to get the ball up. I have played X100s, and still have some sets with them in, but in the last year or two when I have used them, I have found myself having to swing a little too hard than I'd like to. I can still play them (just!), but I think going forward, the S400 are going to be right for me.

Softstepping a set of 6.5s might get you what you are seeking?

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

So I hit balls and though I was a it steep and cheap I did okay. Really got to groove a fuller shoulder turn and stay low w/left side more. Driver makes this clear. Hit the 92 Hogan's. Very gratifying to nut, not so much to miss but they are stout puppies, like Mac-Cobra's with slightly lighter shafts. Nice crack to them. They will see green grass this Spring.

I put my 1-P set up on the BST. People want to trade some strange items for golf clubs. A lot of people want the 1 and 2 iron. No surprise.

Before doing something silly like that again, let me send you a 7i head to test out.

LOL. Ive been at the crossroads of shafting those up so many times. It doesn't look like they will sell either. So I guess its back in the closet until shafts come. Someday

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

I put my 1-P set up on the BST. People want to trade some strange items for golf clubs. A lot of people want the 1 and 2 iron. No surprise.

Before doing something silly like that again, let me send you a 7i head to test out.

LOL. Ive been at the crossroads of shafting those up so many times. It doesn't look like they will sell either. So I guess its back in the closet until shafts come. Someday

I’ve got a 6i shafted with a Shimada Tour...just sayin’.

I just reshafted my MP33’s with some cool little BBandFco ferrules after flirting with MP18 MMC’s. My god they are so perfect, the grind, the way the toe sits, the feel, the flight. I’ve really missed them.

I also put together a bit of a vintage bag with some Tommy Armour persimmons although I’m not too sure of the history of these Jack Nicklaus Macgregors. Hoping someone could shed some light on their background.

8d6fce31af47637ca1d1bcb995451ae5.jpg

77bb405e25f3687ae4d52d7b5b217ef4.jpg

3f63f0df3095263dcd38b94926f3c2c4.jpg

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

My most recent bag picture. I haven’t been on a computer to change my signature, so ignore that lol I’ve been going through my first complete overhaul of my bag in about 10 years.

For me blades are are about the look and feel. I played golf in high school to around a 4 index and a wrist injury and life getting in the way kept me from being more serious after that. It never stopped me from wanting a players iron. Last year was my first serious year back and after hitting my buddy’s Vapor Pros I was hooked! I finished the year in the low 6 index. More than not, I opt for the Vapor Pro 4 iron off the tee over the Vapor Speed 3 iron that I have in the bag as a DI. That 3 iron gives me the oversized shovel vibe... my 4 iron ended up being my favorite club in the bag.

It’s totally backwards, but I have more confidence in the smaller head with little offset. The second I stand over a club with a thick top line and huge offset it’s like I forget how to swing. Ballstriking has always been a strength of mine. I love the completely transparent feedback and consistency you get! Not a fan of hitting a club and then absolutely flushing one and flying the green by at least a club. I want to know it’s going to hit the number if I put a good swing on it.

Here are my baby's

The Tours are a great set of irons, but come on at least put up a pic of some blades!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

I just reshafted my MP33’s with some cool little BBandFco ferrules after flirting with MP18 MMC’s. My god they are so perfect, the grind, the way the toe sits, the feel, the flight. I’ve really missed them.

I also put together a bit of a vintage bag with some Tommy Armour persimmons although I’m not too sure of the history of these Jack Nicklaus Macgregors. Hoping someone could shed some light on their background.

The Muirfield 20ths were released to commemorate Jack Nicklaus winning his first Open Championship at Muirfield in 1966*, so they date from 1986...although I have read that they were actually released in 1987, though that might have been the release date for Japan.

Anyway, I have a set (3-PW) with what are, I think, True Temper DGS300 shafts, and they are awesome irons. Compact head, great feel, and responsive.

IIRC, the PW should be 50* or maybe 49*, and work down in 4* increments from there, but I need to check that.

*I have read that the 20th is commemorating his 20 majors wins (back in the day, his US AM titles were counted as majors), but I don't think this is a correct. Why would they be "Muirfield 20th" in that case?

edit: should add that the Open win in 1966 also marked his first career Grand Slam, a fact which I think adds to its commemorative value.

The Muirfield 20ths were released to commemorate Jack Nicklaus winning his first Open Championship at Muirfield in 1966*, so they date from 1986...although I have read that they were actually released in 1987, though that might have been the release date for Japan.

Anyway, I have a set (3-PW) with what are, I think, True Temper DGS300 shafts, and they are awesome irons. Compact head, great feel, and responsive.

IIRC, the PW should be 50* or maybe 49*, and work down in 4* increments from there, but I need to check that.

*I have read that the 20th is commemorating his 20 majors wins (back in the day, his US AM titles were counted as majors), but I don't think this is a correct. Why would they be "Muirfield 20th" in that case?

edit: should add that the Open win in 1966 also marked his first career Grand Slam, a fact which I think adds to its commemorative value.

Thanks for that info, I have also read the 20th Major win however as you say the “Muirfield” probably makes it a dead giveaway the true nature of the commemoration.

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

Thanks for that info, I have also read the 20th Major win however as you say the “Muirfield” probably makes it a dead giveaway the true nature of the commemoration.

Just checked the specs of mine: 50* PW, 45* 9i, then going down in 4* increments to a 29* 5i, then a 26* 4i and a 23* 3i. But that may not be factory specs.

Also, the Muirfields and Muirfield 20ths were made from different forgings. The Muirfields were made from the Pro-82 forgings, which were a flatback forging with the muscle milled into it. The 20ths were made from the Pro-86 forgings, which were the same as the Pro-81 forgings, and these included the muscle as part of the original forging.

I have both a set of Muirfields and Muirfield 20ths, and I think the 20ths feel so much better. I always wonder if the different production method is the reason.

This information is taken from a post by Clay Long* from several years back on this site.

*OK, it could have been someone pretending to be Clay Long, as this is the Internet and all that, but with the level of detail it seems pretty genuine.

Just checked the specs of mine: 50* PW, 45* 9i, then going down in 4* increments to a 29* 5i, then a 26* 4i and a 23* 3i. But that may not be factory specs.

Also, the Muirfields and Muirfield 20ths were made from different forgings. The Muirfields were made from the Pro-82 forgings, which were a flatback forging with the muscle milled into it. The 20ths were made from the Pro-86 forgings, which were the same as the Pro-81 forgings, and these included the muscle as part of the original forging.

I have both a set of Muirfields and Muirfield 20ths, and I think the 20ths feel so much better. I always wonder if the different production method is the reason.

This information is taken from a post by Clay Long* from several years back on this site.

*OK, it could have been someone pretending to be Clay Long, as this is the Internet and all that, but with the level of detail it seems pretty genuine.

I was trying to track down that post, do you have a link please?

How about Gary Woodland and those new Wilson Blades this week. Hope he pulls it off

Can't wait for those to come out. They may very easily find a place in the bag.

I can't wait to give them a try as well!, the new Srixons look rather nice too but not overly impressed with the strong lofts

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Here are my baby's

The Tours are a great set of irons, but come on at least put up a pic of some blades!

Technically these are blades, just a modern style. Albeit I do prefer the classic looking blades these ones are sweet!

It's just like the Miura MC 501, they're a blade just a modern style.

While I've always agreed that 900 or 919 tours play like blades, they definitely aren't blades (musclebacks). They are cavity backs. Check your pic, and you'll see the.... cavity... in the... back... of the club.

My name is Todd. I have been a blade addict for almost 20 years. Although I have really no business in gaming them, I do. Because of the feel, sound and overall feelings that come from having a set of blades in your bag for all to see and think "he's a solid golfer, or he is an idiot!"

My first set was the 99-00 Hogan Apex's. I loved the feedback and feel. Overall I loved their luster and how they looked. I hit my share of stingers (non intentional) but they would still be in my possession today had they not been stolen out of my vehicle while working in the summer. Im still bitter and I still remember crying my eyes out!!!!!

Blades I have gamed and enjoyed:

Cleveland CG1

Nike VR TW

Titleist 680

Bridgestone J36

More recently I have been gaming the Nike VPC. I am awaiting my Hogan Ft Worth Blacks and hoping to rekindle some of my prime golfing days magic.

I think it is time I join the club and share my blades story. I played a lot of golf back in high school and in college. Then I went through a few years (we'll call them the dark years) where I just wasn't playing much. I was studying for a professional degree, got married, started having kids. Didn't really have the time or money for it. Now my life has stabilized a bit and this past summer I caught the itch hard again.

With that came a renewed interest in clubs. I always loved clubs and would comb through the Edwin Watts magazine each month - drooling over irons in particular. When I was on the golf team as a freshman in high school I'd volunteer to wash clubs for the seniors just to spend some time with their sets. My Tommy Armor 845's were solid performers, but didn't compete with their clubs. One senior had a set of Nike's that I absolutely adored. This was back in about 2003, so Tiger mania was in full swing. One of my main goals was to reach a point where I felt like I could reasonably game a set of blades. Mizuno's in particular. I moved up to a set of Titleist 804.cb's but never quite got to purchasing a set of blades.

So this past summer I started to browse eBay a bit. I had retired the 804's for a set of Ping G25's. A sensible choice for when I wasn't playing so much. But they just didn't get me excited to look down on that thick top line with plenty of offset. To my surprise it appears that all the irons I used to drool over are now in the bargain bin on eBay.

I sold the Pings and jumped on a set of Mizuno MP57's for $70 shipped to my door. That forged feel and look were much more thrilling. They were rather forgiving as well. I ended up shooting my best 9 hole scores towards the end of the fall with those 57's.

Feel invigorated I took my first step down the rabbit hole. I grabbed a set of Mizuno MP-14's off eBay. The auction didn't have a real picture of the set, but they were $75 shipped to my door. I didn't really know much about them, other than that they were some of the cheapest sets of blades I could find on eBay at the time. I read some rumors that Tiger played a combo set of MP-14's and MP-29's at the Masters in '97, so that really sealed the deal.

I didn't know what to expect when I opened the box.

46215763854_8b44c5ae04_o.jpg

46215764694_df02380c68_o.jpg

Some browning on the 5 and 6 iron faces. But other than that in pretty clean condition! The shaping of the heads was breathtaking. Definitely classic, but not 'old' looking IMO. The font of the numbers was a little off putting at first, but has since really grown on me. The sleek muscle with the angle towards the toe is nearly perfection to my eye as well.

I took them to my work shop and attempted some restoration. A bath in two cans of coca cola and a thorough cleaning later and I was very happy with the results.

46215761774_a2a727d6e2_o.jpg

I used some Boeshield T-9 on the faces to try and keep the rust away. I have long used this product on a cast iron table saw top to prevent rusting, and so far would indicate it has worked very nicely. No return of rust on the 5 and 6 iron faces.

46940294691_b09caef8d6_o.jpg

The grips were some old Lamkin cord grips. With some cleaning of soapy water, towel dry, and some gentle sand paper they actually have really come back to life and I very much enjoy their feel. One remaining mystery is the shaft. The shafts are solid steel, no stepping or marking of any kind. I did find this under the grip. Looks like a mexican flag with 6.5 and the 3-I.

Anyone have any information on these shafts? Is 6.5 a Rifle designation?

46940294111_dd138171c5_o.jpg

I played these irons some. I found the most success mixing the MP57's 5-7 iron with the MP14 8-PW. A 50* PW is quite a revelation. I really enjoyed playing the MP14 lower irons and didn't really feel like I had difficulty. The distance control and ability to really get through the turf was very pleasant.

46888105252_06cfa095ba_o.jpg

Overall I feel like I made a great choice with the MP-14's! Only problem is that it seems to have ignited a bit of an obsession. Instead of satisfying that old craving to try a set of blades, I seem to be spending MORE time on eBay.

I just jumped on a set of Wilson Staff Fluid Feel blades for $32 shipped to my door. Another sight unseen risk, but they were listed as 'very good condition'. I opened the box this morning and WOW. These guys are looking great! Even better condition than the MP-14's. The chrome is quite shiny. The faces look great. The shafts are True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 and appear to be in excellent condition. The grips are old, smooth, and I will be replacing.

Anyone know what era these might be from? Late 80's / early 90's?

46888438612_fa3e78061d_o.jpg

46216061774_f81154cd0a_o.jpg

I was looking for something a bit older and classic in terms of aesthetic. But not too old that I couldn't really ever play them. I like the more squareish shape and traditional blade look overall. One thing that I'm surprised at is how much I love the old ferrules. Black - gold - red - gold - black is very classy. I'm very excited to try them out and see how they perform compared to the MP-14's.

Now I know I've dove down the rabbit hole as I've started making a list. Mizuno MP-32, Nike original Forged Blades, and I want to grab a super cheap set with some browning to send to a plate shop to strip the chrome and leave em raw or maybe torched. What have I gotten myself into!?!?!?

This is probably the first time in my life where I am understanding the mindset of a collector and the power of nostalgia. It taps into what it felt like to be 16 and to have such a pure love for the game of golf.

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS - 8*

Woods - Cobra LTDx 14*

Hybrids - Ping G425 19, 22, 26, 30

Irons - Maltby KE4 Max 8-GW

Wedges - Maltby TSW 54, 60

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura X Armlock

My WITB Shenanigans

I think it is time I join the club and share my blades story. I played a lot of golf back in high school and in college. Then I went through a few years (we'll call them the dark years) where I just wasn't playing much. I was studying for a professional degree, got married, started having kids. Didn't really have the time or money for it. Now my life has stabilized a bit and this past summer I caught the itch hard again.

With that came a renewed interest in clubs. I always loved clubs and would comb through the Edwin Watts magazine each month - drooling over irons in particular. When I was on the golf team as a freshman in high school I'd volunteer to wash clubs for the seniors just to spend some time with their sets. My Tommy Armor 845's were solid performers, but didn't compete with their clubs. One senior had a set of Nike's that I absolutely adored. This was back in about 2003, so Tiger mania was in full swing. One of my main goals was to reach a point where I felt like I could reasonably game a set of blades. Mizuno's in particular. I moved up to a set of Titleist 804.cb's but never quite got to purchasing a set of blades.

So this past summer I started to browse eBay a bit. I had retired the 804's for a set of Ping G25's. A sensible choice for when I wasn't playing so much. But they just didn't get me excited to look down on that thick top line with plenty of offset. To my surprise it appears that all the irons I used to drool over are now in the bargain bin on eBay.

I sold the Pings and jumped on a set of Mizuno MP57's for $70 shipped to my door. That forged feel and look were much more thrilling. They were rather forgiving as well. I ended up shooting my best 9 hole scores towards the end of the fall with those 57's.

Feel invigorated I took my first step down the rabbit hole. I grabbed a set of Mizuno MP-14's off eBay. The auction didn't have a real picture of the set, but they were $75 shipped to my door. I didn't really know much about them, other than that they were some of the cheapest sets of blades I could find on eBay at the time. I read some rumors that Tiger played a combo set of MP-14's and MP-29's at the Masters in '97, so that really sealed the deal.

I didn't know what to expect when I opened the box.

46215763854_8b44c5ae04_o.jpg

46215764694_df02380c68_o.jpg

Some browning on the 5 and 6 iron faces. But other than that in pretty clean condition! The shaping of the heads was breathtaking. Definitely classic, but not 'old' looking IMO. The font of the numbers was a little off putting at first, but has since really grown on me. The sleek muscle with the angle towards the toe is nearly perfection to my eye as well.

I took them to my work shop and attempted some restoration. A bath in two cans of coca cola and a thorough cleaning later and I was very happy with the results.

46215761774_a2a727d6e2_o.jpg

I used some Boeshield T-9 on the faces to try and keep the rust away. I have long used this product on a cast iron table saw top to prevent rusting, and so far would indicate it has worked very nicely. No return of rust on the 5 and 6 iron faces.

46940294691_b09caef8d6_o.jpg

The grips were some old Lamkin cord grips. With some cleaning of soapy water, towel dry, and some gentle sand paper they actually have really come back to life and I very much enjoy their feel. One remaining mystery is the shaft. The shafts are solid steel, no stepping or marking of any kind. I did find this under the grip. Looks like a mexican flag with 6.5 and the 3-I.

Anyone have any information on these shafts? Is 6.5 a Rifle designation?

46940294111_dd138171c5_o.jpg

I played these irons some. I found the most success mixing the MP57's 5-7 iron with the MP14 8-PW. A 50* PW is quite a revelation. I really enjoyed playing the MP14 lower irons and didn't really feel like I had difficulty. The distance control and ability to really get through the turf was very pleasant.

46888105252_06cfa095ba_o.jpg

Overall I feel like I made a great choice with the MP-14's! Only problem is that it seems to have ignited a bit of an obsession. Instead of satisfying that old craving to try a set of blades, I seem to be spending MORE time on eBay.

I just jumped on a set of Wilson Staff Fluid Feel blades for $32 shipped to my door. Another sight unseen risk, but they were listed as 'very good condition'. I opened the box this morning and WOW. These guys are looking great! Even better condition than the MP-14's. The chrome is quite shiny. The faces look great. The shafts are True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 and appear to be in excellent condition. The grips are old, smooth, and I will be replacing.

Anyone know what era these might be from? Late 80's / early 90's?

46888438612_fa3e78061d_o.jpg

46216061774_f81154cd0a_o.jpg

I was looking for something a bit older and classic in terms of aesthetic. But not too old that I couldn't really ever play them. I like the more squareish shape and traditional blade look overall. One thing that I'm surprised at is how much I love the old ferrules. Black - gold - red - gold - black is very classy. I'm very excited to try them out and see how they perform compared to the MP-14's.

Now I know I've dove down the rabbit hole as I've started making a list. Mizuno MP-32, Nike original Forged Blades, and I want to grab a super cheap set with some browning to send to a plate shop to strip the chrome and leave em raw or maybe torched. What have I gotten myself into!?!?!?

This is probably the first time in my life where I am understanding the mindset of a collector and the power of nostalgia. It taps into what it felt like to be 16 and to have such a pure love for the game of golf.

Welcome to Club Blade. :pimp:

The 6.5 on the label is a Rifle flex designation. 6.5 is somewhere between stiff and extra stiff.

Your Fluid Feel blades are the 1989-1990 model (side note: in 91 the FG51s were introduced).

Quite the excellent first couple sets, MP14s and Fluid Feels. <salute> Having started similarly about 18 years ago, I can testify to the greased slope to a black hole that you may be in danger of falling down/into. ;)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors