Kiawah Island - Golf or Gourmet Escape Package Nov 12 - Mar 3

2»

Comments

• kenoli22kenoli22 Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Is a caddie necessary at Kiawah? I know it sounds like I'm being cheap, but I just prefer to not have one.
  • tjbluetjblue Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Yes, it's a great experience taking a caddie. I even enjoy the forecaddie they provide in the afternoon.
  • tideridertiderider Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭
    kenoli22 wrote:

Is a caddie necessary at Kiawah? I know it sounds like I'm being cheap, but I just prefer to not have one.

no ... and ain't nothing wrong with being 'cheap' when a caddie adds $100 to the round ...
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers Posts: 1,151 ✭✭
    kenoli22 wrote:

I make the trip down and play the ocean course twice a year. 1 round I usually take a caddie, 1 round I don't. They really aren't necessary. The walk is pretty easy, and I think the course plays pretty straight forward. Greens aren't overly crazy. If you can read putts, physically able to carry then you'll be fine. Buy a yardage book.
  • gotaholen1gotaholen1 Members Posts: 118
    kenoli22 wrote:

It is not required. I carried and it is a pretty easy walk. I even saw a few people with push carts when I went Mid Jan. If you are staying on a tighter budget, make sure to stop and get essentials at a grocery store before you get to the island. The food at the resort is okay, but expensive. Places I would highly recommend checking out....

1. Low Tide Brewing Company

2. Swing and Swine (BBQ place)

3. Links course at Wild Dunes if you can get a good rate (don't play the Harbor Course)

4. Early Bird Diner if you like Diners
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,529 ✭✭
    Caddie is nice if you’ve never played it for certain lines off the tee, but certainly not necessary if you would rather save that cash (I don’t take a caddie when playing there).
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • Ghost of SneadGhost of Snead Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭
    Drive into Charleston, checkout Hank's Seafood / Revelry or Cooper City Brewing and be careful driving back to Kiawah at night down Bohicket Road with the oak trees right next to the road.
    Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5* - Blue Tensei CK 70X
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 77X
    Callaway Apex UT 18° - Project X 6.5
    Callaway Tour Authentic X-Prototype 3-PW - Project X 6.5
    Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Vokey V-Grind 58.1
    Taylor Made Spider Mini

https://www.instagram.com/wrongsidegolf
  • AustincountyagAustincountyag Members Posts: 205 ✭✭
    I've played Kiawah once with the caddie and it was a cool experience. When I go back (eventually) I wont be getting a caddie.

for food we LOVED tattooeed moose on John's Island. Short drive from Kiawah, but cool atmoshpere and great food.