RBG Trade-In Experience

niscur24

Lord Knows I've given RBG my fair share of critiscm for their coupons/pricing policies. However, they have VASTLY improved their trade in processing times. They are running a 50% trade in currently so I took advantage of it on Sunday. Sent in enough stuff to have about $840 in trade in credits after the bonus. Sure I could have made a bit more (Maybe) selling through BST or waiting for global to have a special, but I needed to ho and the stuff I traded has been collecting dust for at least a year maybe more. I have traded in with them in the past and its taken an average of about 10-14 days before even sniffing the balance hitting my account. Not anymore!

Setup the Trade in Sunday PM.

Dropped of the clubs ar UPS Monday PM

Arrived at RBG yesterday AM

Credit posted to account @630am when I checked.

That has to be the absolute fastest trade in I've ever experienced via ANY company. I believe they do it in house now vs outsourced. And to top it off I had crap sitting in my cart for a few days and they sent me a 10% off coupon that actually worked on everything in my cart for once and made it even better as there are no sales right now to inflate prices!

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I thought about trading some stuff in but was a little scared. You can’t get it back from them if you don’t agree with their assessment. Thought maybe just take pictures but you just don’t know what’s gonna happen on the other end. Pretty much every deal but 2 I’ve done with them has been great.

Do you get a 50% bonus without buying anything at the same time?

They credit your account and then you can use the credit on any clubs they sell? Or are there limits on what you can use the trade in credit for?

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

I didn’t have to buy anything to get the 50% bonus. They just put the money on my account and I’m going to assume you can use it on anything.

There was some fine print that the trade in bonus couldn’t be used on certain items so I don’t know exactly how that comes into play.

Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0

50% of what? Never traded anything in online.

lets say your trade in says it's worth "$100" when you go through the club selector. When you send in the clubs and actually get the money credited to your account, will will actually receive $150. So just take whatever clubs you want to trade in, go though the club selector, multiply the amount they give you by 1.50 and that's your actual credit you'll receive.

Nice. I thought about trading some stuff in but was a little scared. You can’t get it back from them if you don’t agree with their assessment. Thought maybe just take pictures but you just don’t know what’s gonna happen on the other end. Pretty much every deal but 2 I’ve done with them has been great.

They've never not accepted one of my trades so no 1st hand experience.

But their policy states that you can get them returned to you if you pay shipping.

That seems fair to me.

What if my trade-in fails?

If your trade-in does not meet our acceptance criteria we will contact you within 48 business hours of receiving at our facility and offer one of the following solutions:

• Return of the product to you – you are responsible for return shipping charges and must contact us with payment info. Return shipments will be sent via UPS Ground at rates below.
    Base Charge Add On Single Club $8.99 $0.99 Iron Sets $14.99 $6.99
  • Disposal of the item if of no value and you agree to its disposal.
  • Offer proposed repair price. We will attempt to repair the club if you agree to the price of the repair and authorize us to complete the repair. We will deduct the repair charges from the initial trade in allowance, and process the trade in at that time. *Note payments will be delayed if this occurs.

It’s s great way to get rid of older equipment that really doesn’t sell well here or on eBay. You get a little less, but at least get something. If you really want cash, just use the credit to buy something that is moving on todays market. The fact that they pay the shipping to,get your stuff there is huge too, shipping costs are getting higher all the time.

The turnaround time listed though was unbelievable for them, it’s always taken at least a couple weeks for me to get my credit.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had an issue with RBG's trade in policy. I was getting together some of my old dusty clubs and I have a Scotty Cameron studio select that I changed the paint fill on and sent them an email just asking if that would change the stated value of it. I was half expecting them to say they'd knock 10-20 bucks off my quoted price but in the reply Adam flat out said that "they cannot accept a club with the after market changes" that I've made. I just wanted to see if anyone else here has had issues with a trade being denied for that reason or any reason. I'd really like to use them because of the %50 trade in bonus going on right now but that club was a big chunk of the trade and if they don't take it I don't want to have to pay to get it back.

Driver -  Callaway Paradym 🔷🔷🔷 9 degree with GD UB 6S

3 Wood- Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S

5 Wood - Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
Hybrid - Cobra F9 22 degree Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
5 & 6 Irons - Srixon Z545
7 - PW - Srixon Z745
Wedges - Bridgestone J15 50* and 54* and Callaway PM grind 58* and 64*
Putter - LAB Golf mezz max broomstick, LAB Golf DF 2.1 armlock, LAB golf 2.1 standard length 

Every driver and fairway wood I traded in had aftermarket non/oe shafts in them. All were accepted. I didn’t submit anything that was altered beyond shaft.

Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0

Well I did the trade in at Rock Bottom. I traded in a driver and fairway. I had the fairway posted here and got zero bites. The whole process was easy as can be. Printed off my label and dropped off the box to ups on Monday. My trade in credit showed up today on my account page at RBG.

So shipped Monday evening and credited by today. All done in less than a week with no low ball offers lol.

I took advantage of their used ball trade in too. You can send in 120 balls(have to meet certain brand percentages and no range balls or cuts)and get $20 in store credit. They paid for the shipping too. I gathered up a bunch of balls as the season went on and had enough by the end of the season to throw in a box and get $20 from them. Not a bad deal at all for all you ball hoarders that have balls you will never play.

I took advantage of their used ball trade in too. You can send in 120 balls(have to meet certain brand percentages and no range balls or cuts)and get $20 in store credit. They paid for the shipping too. I gathered up a bunch of balls as the season went on and had enough by the end of the season to throw in a box and get $20 from them. Not a bad deal at all for all you ball hoarders that have balls you will never play.

How much was shipping?!

How much was shipping?!

I have never traded anything with them. But I don't like that they offer such lower prices than anywhere else. Callawya nad TaylorMade are both quoting $60 for a F6, RBG is quoting $38.75 or $58 in store credit.

So I’m assuming with Callaway and TaylorMade this would be for credit to buy one of their product. So really we are talking about a $2 difference.

I have never traded anything with them. But I don't like that they offer such lower prices than anywhere else. Callawya nad TaylorMade are both quoting $60 for a F6, RBG is quoting $38.75 or $58 in store credit.

is that $60 without 150% trade in promo? If so, you should jump on it.

Yes $60 without the bonus.

Has anyone tried to get Titleist golf balls with the credit before? I know you can't get the new Titleist clubs but was wondering about the golf balls. Usually play Bridgestone which you can, but want to try the new Pro V1s.

I just went through the majority of the checkout process and it gave me the option to pay with my store credit.

I had 3 dozen of the 2019 ProV1 in my cart.

• 2 weeks later...

So I’m assuming with Callaway and TaylorMade this would be for credit to buy one of their product. So really we are talking about a $2 difference.

Don't know if it's credit or not. Just know the prices on RBG seem low compared to other places. Was wondering if they lowered prices they offer when trade in bonus is available. I know they've raised prices before sales are going on

So Im assuming with Callaway and TaylorMade this would be for credit to buy one of their product. So really we are talking about a $2 difference.

Don't know if it's credit or not. Just know the prices on RBG seem low compared to other places. Was wondering if they lowered prices they offer when trade in bonus is available. I know they've raised prices before sales are going on

Depends on what you are wanting. If it’s cash you want, than yes, it is less when they have the 50% trade in bonus. They’ve had it the entire year it seems. If you want credit, you will get more when they have the 50% bonus. Maybe would get 20% more than normal for credit.