Breakthrough Golf Technology (CEO Barney Adams) Stability putter shafts

atursky

I got fit into my Juno on Quintic and I was constantly striking center, although my face was closing a little fast and putting a touch of hook spin on the ball. I think I actually holed all my putts with the Juno from 10ft except for one... so it was an extremely good fit for me. My fitter suggested I don't really even need Stab. shaft... but I worry more on lag putts on big greens where I've got 40 and 50 footers where I miss strike it and come up really short.

For guys who strike putts on center most of the time 10ft and in... still worth?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got fit into my Juno on Quintic and I was constantly striking center, although my face was closing a little fast and putting a touch of hook spin on the ball. I think I actually holed all my putts with the Juno from 10ft except for one... so it was an extremely good fit for me. My fitter suggested I don't really even need Stab. shaft... but I worry more on lag putts on big greens where I've got 40 and 50 footers where I miss strike it and come up really short.

For guys who strike putts on center most of the time 10ft and in... still worth?

had mine since thanksgiving. for me, 10ft and in, its the same. however, where it pays dividends for me are the medium to long range putts, ball burn the hole or in. last saturday, drilled in a right to left curler from 48 ft for a birdie - blew my foursome away. On long range putts, I don't feel as the impact is as soft with the original shaft, Stability is more stiff. i know its also more accurate than my old shaft. Putting is the least worked part of my game, its very stable and reliable and I know my DF putter will do it's job. Confidence, you betcha.

All up, if you have distance control issues over long putts, this shaft will help alot and it will go where you aim as well.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Lot of great information here, but disconcerting to see that not even the company offered definitive feedback from testing to support all the claims. Anecdotally I can believe in the claimed improvement on longer putts and maybe reduced deflection on miss hits, just a bit strange to see a thread go on this long without numbers posted. I went for a SAM analysis before getting my putter setup adjusted and the before and after numbers bore out that the length, grip, weighting, and counterweighting changes that were suggested by trying different tweaks were worthwhile. Again, just weird to see so many testimonials but so few numbers when people clamor so much when anyone suggests iron or driver shaft changes based on the old eye Trackman.

That said, the shaft just doesn't suit my eye on top of everything else so I just can't see the worth in spending so much when an X100 or the like will produce the same benefit and not look so out of sorts.

In all seriousness, when I can setup a lab session for myself with a few days notice if not sooner is there a real reason we shouldn't have solid data by now? Curious as to why no one who pulled the trigger on this hasn't taken on any kind of metered testing other than the mention of one session going back and forth on 10' putts. Someone get on it, this is exactly what this site is all about =p

Biggest reason for no data is everyone doesn’t have a Sam lab nearby. It’s not close to as accessible as trackman or flightscope.

That and these shafts can’t be bought unless you send your putter in . Several roadblocks to purchase and for testing on a sim.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Biggest reason for no data is everyone doesn’t have a Sam lab nearby. It’s not close to as accessible as trackman or flightscope.

That and these shafts can’t be bought unless you send your putter in . Several roadblocks to purchase and for testing on a sim.

I hear what you’re saying, but the manufacturer could have put out some meaningful data at this point and they simply haven’t done so. The people giving this thread data, have no substance in it either, you hear they like it, it feels good when I waggle it, and one member tested it with putts inside 10 feet to 50 feet and says “no real difference inside 10’, but made a 48’ left to right that amazed his partners. That’s all fine and dandy, but it’s also meaningless without substantial and meaningful data to back it up.

It’s very suspect that Barney Adams et al, still have no comparison data between this shaft and any other.

Seems like a key concept of the Odyssey Stroke Lab putters is similar, but accomplished in a different way. That line has a much stiffer shaft as well, with less torque, but is actually lighter than a standard steel putter shaft, with more weight in the head, grip and in the shaft. (Your basic Edel fitting, which is a compliment.)

I kind of want to try them both. The Odysseys are getting strong reviews for feeling great, the Stability Shaft for feeling solid. I think it’s great that companies are trying different approaches to improve putter stability. I really like the way Edel putters feel with their approach to fitting, so I may like the Stroke Labs better, but Steve Johnson on Hank Haney’s show can’t stop raving about the Stability shaft.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I can give my 2 cents, as I just had one installed on my putter.

It will significantly change the feel and the head-weight of your putter. Mine's went from D2 to E8 (I believe) so the head feels much heavier. However, the shaft is much stiffer.

The only way I can equate it is, swing a regular flex driver for a bit, then stick a x flex shaft in the driver head. Every putt comes off feeling firm and straight. Also probably helps that the head is heavier, so it takes less effort to get the ball going farther (but I have yet to put it in play).

I wasn't able to tell the difference until I put the shaft in my putter. Trying it out with different putters I've never rolled before didn't give me much feedback.

Hope this helps

I can give my 2 cents, as I just had one installed on my putter.

It will significantly change the feel and the head-weight of your putter. Mine's went from D2 to E8 (I believe) so the head feels much heavier. However, the shaft is much stiffer.

The only way I can equate it is, swing a regular flex driver for a bit, then stick a x flex shaft in the driver head. Every putt comes off feeling firm and straight. Also probably helps that the head is heavier, so it takes less effort to get the ball going farther (but I have yet to put it in play).

I wasn't able to tell the difference until I put the shaft in my putter. Trying it out with different putters I've never rolled before didn't give me much feedback.

Hope this helps

I tried the Stroke Lab yesterday and did not like the feel with the stock oversized grip. It made the rest of the putter — the head and the shaft — feel very light. Now maybe that changes with a different grip, but I would not want a Stroke Lab in its standard configuration. It seemed like a lot of weight concentrated in the hands. I think the Edel putters, which use a similar concept but with a standard putter shaft, have much better balance.

But I really like the Tuttle head. It would seem strange to buy a Stroke Lab putter and then take it apart but I wonder if the Tuttle head mignt be better with a stability shaft. You do notice the lighter shaft with the Stroke Lab. I think I respond better to the opposite —a heavier, more solid shaft.

Tbe Tuttle did not feel like a 365 gram putter head. I did like several of the Stroke Lab heads — the Tuttle, V-line, One and Three were nice. And I know WRXers like to call for the return of the white hot, but I think the EXO and Stroke Lab insert is fantastic. Basically a hybrid of white hot and microhinge.

Stoke Lab and Stabilty take opposite approaches in terms of shaft weignt. I’d like to try a Stability shaft to compare.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I just got my Stability shaft yesterday. After reinstalling my grip is felt really good, but the heavier grip threw off the weight of the head. I think that I am going to need to add a little weight to the putter head to get it up a couple of points. The sound and feel of the putter, after rolling a few putts, felt more solid and softer as well. This should be taken with a grain of salt because this is on an indoor putting mat. Ill have to wait a couple of weeks to try this out on real grass.

Driver: Tour Issue Epic Flash TD 10.5o w/ Fuji Ventus Black 6x 

5wd: Taylormade Sim2 SHAFT???    

Hybrid: 19Titleist 915 w/ Diamana 90 Stiff

Irons: 4Iron thru GW Titleist T100  Shaft????     

Wedges: Edel Wedges 54 & 58 Nippon Modus 125 

Putter: PXG Bat Attack Gen1

I just got my Stability shaft yesterday. After reinstalling my grip is felt really good, but the heavier grip threw off the weight of the head. I think that I am going to need to add a little weight to the putter head to get it up a couple of points. The sound and feel of the putter, after rolling a few putts, felt more solid and softer as well. This should be taken with a grain of salt because this is on an indoor putting mat. Ill have to wait a couple of weeks to try this out on real grass.

@ Gibby, did you measure the swing weight before and after? There is no way (even with a heavier grip) that the swing weight should have become lighter after installing the stability shaft. It might just be that your grip is much larger, taking some of the feel of the putter out.

I noticed a change like this when I took off the stock grip on my Edel putter and put a super stroke slim 3.0. Even though the grip is probably lighter, it made the club head feel less stable because it felt much bigger than the bladed head.

@ Gibby, did you measure the swing weight before and after? There is no way (even with a heavier grip) that the swing weight should have become lighter after installing the stability shaft. It might just be that your grip is much larger, taking some of the feel of the putter out.

I noticed a change like this when I took off the stock grip on my Edel putter and put a super stroke slim 3.0. Even though the grip is probably lighter, it made the club head feel less stable because it felt much bigger than the bladed head.

In fairness, no I don't have the swing weight nor static weight. I guess I could inquire with Bettinardi to get it sent to me. I am not sure is the swing weight is that different, it is just the way it feels when I am putting around in the basement. I think that I am just looking for the right feel in my hands when I am putting.

Driver: Tour Issue Epic Flash TD 10.5o w/ Fuji Ventus Black 6x 

5wd: Taylormade Sim2 SHAFT???    

Hybrid: 19Titleist 915 w/ Diamana 90 Stiff

Irons: 4Iron thru GW Titleist T100  Shaft????     

Wedges: Edel Wedges 54 & 58 Nippon Modus 125 

Putter: PXG Bat Attack Gen1

Just got mine installed from club champion and rolls a little tighter, online and midrange putts are closer (10-20ft). I did about 3hrs of testing between with and without stability shaft before taking plunge. After my testing I'm surprised they dont release more data because its definitely better. I know, not feel;I'll make more putts this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got mine installed from club champion and rolls a little tighter, online and midrange putts are closer (10-20ft). I did about 3hrs of testing between with and without stability shaft before taking plunge. After my testing I'm surprised they dont release more data because its definitely better. I know, not feel;I'll make more putts this year.

Putting update with stability shaft.

2 rounds and 2 course practice sessions in; I've put my finger on it more. The ball holds the line better, shaft is lighter than steel and must be counter balanced as it delivers the head to the ball smoother/more consistently. The slight miss also goes in, that put you toe a tad well it travels on line enough to sneak in the side. That's where it wins, a few more dropping you should've missed and confidence in line and less fear of comebacker allows you to attack more.

Just my update this far, hot topic and great question- does it work? T scores will let me know for sure :)

I got a Stability shaft installed in my Evnroll ER5 at 35 inches with a Gravity putter grip.

I have no scientific evidence to prove numbers but overall, it feels completely different vs the regular steel shaft in that putter.

In indoor putting, I have noticed the biggest difference in mid-long range putts where there is a bit more of a 'hit". The putter just does not twist and 'feel' the putter face more square.

I have to test it on outdoor greens when the weather improves; however, the swing weight feels very different too (more weight in the head)

Guys with this shaft installed who game "normal" weight blade putter - You finding much difference in results/feel? My Juno head is 345g.

Yes. Feel is fantastic. Performance not much different on short puts but mid and long puts it feels better. I have one on my Machine M1A that I currently have at 345g and 35”. My putter has deep milling and is carbon steel so it has a perfect muted but solid feel.

TXG has a video going up today comparing this shaft to the stroke lab should be an interesting one.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 @11.25 Ventus TR Red 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 wood 15 @15.75 Ventus TR Red 8X

Taylormade Stealth 2+ 2 Rescue @18.5* LAGP AXS RED 85HX
Titleist T200 4-6 T150 7-PW Modus 105X 4 iron 120X 5-PW

Taylormade My MG4 50 Modus 120X
Taylormade My MG4 56 TI DG S400

Taylormade My High Toe 3 60 TI DG S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback No.1

Taylormade TP5X 2024

Here ya go...

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

How fast do you swing a putter? Like 5 mph if it's into the wind?? So glad someone finally built a shaft that can withstand my vicious transition move on the greens...

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]