2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Bad experience at club champion. Nashville

3wood

Horrible experience. Guy looks at my bag and says “why are you here? I doubt we can improve on these”. Bag: G400 lst 8.5,TS D3 jpx 919 irons. He asked where I got my gear and I said golfwrx and some retailers. He made a back handed comment about getting gear from here. I had feeling this wasn’t going to be good experience. I was pumped to try the new PXG and F9 with all the buzz and thought my review could help some guys out here who’ve been asking for comparisons. After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine. He seemed pissed when I told him this. I skipped hitting my wedges, 3 wood and utility iron so I could get out of there. Never felt so uncomfortable. Wasted a 3hr drive and $$$$. I’ll never go back. Fitter was Brett

I only got to hit the F9,M5 and epic flash and 3 irons apex pro, Miura mc 501 and new level. I only got to try 2 different shafts for all the drivers. He almost didn’t let me hit the Miura’s after I said those are sweet I’ve been wanting to try those. Before I hit the miuras he said I couldn’t just pick what I thought looked cool to hit. He said those are similar to my 919’s and I won’t see any improvement in performance but probably a decline. Well he was wrong. Miuras 6 iron went 10 yds further than my 919’s lol. 188 vs 178. He ended up trying to sell me a set of mc 501’s. He also told me my kuro kage xd 60tx was a $600 shaft lol.

I hate to be one of the people on here complaining but I needed to vent and hopefully y’all have a better experience.

• Like 1

The PXG is low spin. That’s why you asked for it but with the right shaft , weight settings you can achieve what you want. I’m not a fan of club champion. Call pxg and get fitted through them I just did and we tested so many shafts with weight adjustment. Super great experience.

Will do. I was just taken aback by the whole experience.

Horrible experience. Guy looks at my bag and says “why are you here? I doubt we can improve on these”. Bag: G400 lst 8.5,TS D3 jpx 919 irons. He asked where I got my gear and I said golfwrx and some retailers. He made a back handed comment about getting gear from here. I had feeling this wasn’t going to be good experience. I was pumped to try the new PXG and F9 with all the buzz and thought my review could help some guys out here who’ve been asking for comparisons. After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine. He seemed pissed when I told him this. I skipped hitting my wedges, 3 wood and utility iron so I could get out of there. Never felt so uncomfortable. Wasted a 3hr drive and $$$$. I’ll never go back. Fitter was Brett

I only got to hit the F9,M5 and epic flash and 3 irons apex pro, Miura mc 501 and new level. I only got to try 2 different shafts for all the drivers. He almost didn’t let me hit the Miura’s after I said those are sweet I’ve been wanting to try those. Before I hit the miuras he said I couldn’t just pick what I thought looked cool to hit. He said those are similar to my 919’s and I won’t see any improvement in performance but probably a decline. Well he was wrong. Miuras 6 iron went 10 yds further than my 919’s lol. 188 vs 178. He ended up trying to sell me a set of mc 501’s. He also told me my kuro kage xd 60tx was a $600 shaft lol.

I hate to be one of the people on here complaining but I needed to vent and hopefully y’all have a better experience.

I had a very similar experience with the same fitter at this location. Walked in, he eyed my sticks, and then basically acted like I didn't need to be there. Wanted to do the same as you -- see how some new things / exotic offerings stacked up against what I was gaming. I ended up leaving in an hour. The putter fitting was helpful so I chalked up the $180 spent (went during the half off full bag special) to a better idea of what flat stick I should be gaming. He wasn't particularly happy when I didn't buy anything, even though nothing he put together for me was better. I am relatively consistent and I wasn't expecting a landslide by any means, but I would have been willing to purchase had something been a much better fit. It is what it is, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Titleist TSR4 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

I’ve never been down there (Club Champion)....but I HIGHLY recommend Errol at Profectus Golf at Gaylord Springs. I did a fitting back in the fall and he was EXCELLENT to work with. We talked about my bag, where I buy clubs etc and how I’m a tinkerer with clubs. Also told him the things I “think” I know about golf which helped move things along so we didn’t waste time on things. Basically whatever I wanted to hit I could have.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

I had a very similar experience with the same fitter at this location. Walked in, he eyed my sticks, and then basically acted like I didn't need to be there. Wanted to do the same as you -- see how some new things / exotic offerings stacked up against what I was gaming. I ended up leaving in an hour. The putter fitting was helpful so I chalked up the $180 spent (went during the half off full bag special) to a better idea of what flat stick I should be gaming. He wasn't particularly happy when I didn't buy anything, even though nothing he put together for me was better. I am relatively consistent and I wasn't expecting a landslide by any means, but I would have been willing to purchase had something been a much better fit. It is what it is, but I wouldn't recommend it.

He’s definitely in the wrong business. I would’ve bought the irons if it would’ve been a better experience. I felt so unwelcome. Guess I’m back to buying and trying off the bst

Eric wasn’t your fitter was it?

Edit: just see his name was Brett

I know Eric there and he is great. Been doing this forever for a young guy. He fitted me for clubs 15 years ago. I think he is the manger but could be wrong. I don’t know Brett. You should ask to work with Eric. I’ve never been inside CC but i know Eric is legit and a great guy.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

So you paid for a Full Bag Club Fitting and the guy felt you had clubs that are as good as anything they sell ? That may be the case but he could have fitted you into heads and shafts that better fit your swing. I'm guessing that's what you were trying to accomplish.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Mizuno STZ- 230 22 Hybrid  ,LIN-Q Blue 

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Mizuno T24 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Eric wasnât your fitter was it?

Edit: just see his name was Brett

I know Eric there and he is great. Been doing this forever for a young guy. He fitted me for clubs 15 years ago. I think he is the manger but could be wrong. I donât know Brett. You should ask to work with Eric. Iâve never been inside CC but i know Eric is legit and a great guy.

I saw Eric working with another guy and he was hitting everything I wanted to try lol.

So you paid for a Full Bag Club Fitting and the guy felt you had clubs that are as good as anything they sell ? That may be the case but he could have fitted you into heads and shafts that better fit your swing. I'm guessing that's what you were trying to accomplish.

Exactly. I was hoping to make some tweaks such as shafts, loft. Just looking for better consistency

You are basically a formula 1 driver going into a pep boys. Your best bet is to stick with going to Ferrari for your upgrades my friend.

You are basically a formula 1 driver going into a pep boys. Your best bet is to stick with going to Ferrari for your upgrades my friend.

I thought they were one of the best. Do you have any recommendations?

Sucks it turnee out like that. For me the shaft fitting was the most important part.

They had me swing my gamer, tried some of the shafts they recommended, I tried some of shafts I thought I'd like. Then tried a bunch of heads. I ended up with the same iron head, much different shaft. Completely different driver shaft/head.

But putter firing was also worth the $$ alone 😂

Horrible experience. Guy looks at my bag and says “why are you here? I doubt we can improve on theseâ€. Bag: G400 lst 8.5,TS D3 jpx 919 irons. He asked where I got my gear and I said golfwrx and some retailers. He made a back handed comment about getting gear from here. I had feeling this wasn’t going to be good experience. I was pumped to try the new PXG and F9 with all the buzz and thought my review could help some guys out here who’ve been asking for comparisons. After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine. He seemed pissed when I told him this. I skipped hitting my wedges, 3 wood and utility iron so I could get out of there. Never felt so uncomfortable. Wasted a 3hr drive and $$$$. I’ll never go back. Fitter was Brett

My instincts say:

-someone on WRX or who reads WRX and gets what we are all about here.

-Someone who you can tell, knows more than you about the products you are interested in.

-Who responds via email, Twitter, instagram, text ...etc to your questions beforehand .

I use Chip Usher in Savannah, GA. He is a superb Miura dealer. He had a semi pro career I think. He knows A lot about clubs. Good guy

He is very good at mailing you clubs too.

I buy all my Miura irons and wedges from him.

But overall, ask around and get recommendations , I feel Like a really talented fitter would open up his own shop rather than work for a Club Champion being worked to death.

Screw that noise. Glad you contacted corporate and hopefully they will rectify this situation pronto. I’d have had no problem telling him that if he didn’t feel like he could improve what I have, maybe someone with some actual knowledge and experience would be better suited. It’s not like you’re Dustin Johnson walking in there asking to be specked out or something

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Golf galaxy!

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

I am sure Club Champion corporate will [try to] make it right. I have only dealt with Club Champion Chicago and Club Champion Oak Brook (HQ) and they have been/are phenomenal. Great people, great service, great builds. No, they are not inexpensive, but they - in my experience - do an excellent job, regardless of what you purchase from them. Sorry to hear about your negative experience - hope that in the end it works out favorably. And no, I have zero skin in Club Champion.

Screw that noise. Glad you contacted corporate and hopefully they will rectify this situation pronto. Id have had no problem telling him that if he didnt feel like he could improve what I have, maybe someone with some actual knowledge and experience would be better suited. Its not like youre Dustin Johnson walking in there asking to be specked out or something

I wanted to tell him to go kick rocks but after driving so far I just dealt with it. Looking back I should’ve talked with the manager and left.

That sucks! It’s not like a full bag fitting is cheap either, plus the drive! I hope you get your money back and then some. Good luck!

Driver: Stealth 2+ 10.5° TR Black 6S Tipped 1”.

Fairways: Stealth 2+ 16.5° at 15° 1K Black 75S Tipped 1”. 
Stealth + 19° 1K Black 85S Tipped 1.5”.

Irons: ZX7 MKII 4-6, Z-Forged II 7-PW Modus 120S.

WedgesRTX6 50, 54, 58 Modus 125S.

Putter: White Hot Versa Double Wide.

Ball: Z-Star Diamond.

After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine.

It sounds like you wanted to demo clubs and not be fit for what's best for you. Not trying to be an Word not allowed, but he was doing what a fitter does. His bedside manner was not good.

To get the most out of a fitting, you need to let them take over, then at the end, ask to hit some clubs you like, not ten minutes in.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

After reading about your experience and others at that location it appears the fitter is just one of those who doesn’t want to work. We’ve all worked with that guy, the one who spends more time trying to get out of doing work than actually doing it.

Telling multiple people who walked in “why did you come, we aren’t going to do better than what you have” is pretty much saying I don’t feel like going through all the different clubs with you so just hit a few and get outta here so I can go back to solitaire on the computer.

Sounds to me like a bad employee who needs to find a new line of work.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

Had the same experience at a CC. Told the fitter what I wanted to try. Without seeing me swing he judged my Swing Speed on my grey hair and said it would not fit me. He gave me ultra light shafts which were duck hooking. After 30 minutes I left with never trying want I wanted. Contacted corporate and did get a refund.

"Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.dougferreri.com

Weird??? So he told you the PXG was too low spin for you??? What drivers had you hit before asking about the PXG and what kind of numbers are we talking?

Even if it was too low spin i dont see why he wouldnt let you hit so you could see for yourself!

What a let down man!

A g400 and a TS3 I brought with me lol. Said I hit the g400 perfect lol

Weird??? So he told you the PXG was too low spin for you??? What drivers had you hit before asking about the PXG and what kind of numbers are we talking?

Even if it was too low spin i dont see why he wouldnt let you hit so you could see for yourself!

What a let down man!

A g400 and a TS3 I brought with me lol. Said I hit the g400 perfect lol

Wow. I would have been bummed too. Chalk it up as a bad experience!

After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine.

It sounds like you wanted to demo clubs and not be fit for what's best for you. Not trying to be an Word not allowed, but he was doing what a fitter does. His bedside manner was not good.

To get the most out of a fitting, you need to let them take over, then at the end, ask to hit some clubs you like, not ten minutes in.

I get that but I didn’t ask to hit certain stuff 10 min, he was being an Word not allowed at the start and didn’t stop. I wanted to be fit by trying everything that I thought would be good for me. That way I can leave knowing it won’t work and not have any second guesses. I would’ve never known the Miura mc 501 was the best iron for me without asking.