Counterfeit Srixon 785S ?????

nvegas631

Hello Everyone,

just curious just bought a full set from ebay they seem real have a serial number on the 7 iron look amazing but it was almost too good to be true.... i emailed srixon the serial number and they dont have a way to track clubs by serial number which is dumb whats the point of having one then .

any way has anyone heard or seen of a fake srixon set? i have heard that they arent faked but just curious what you guys have to say

thank you

Nick

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i was asking if anyone has heard of fakes you pretentious dicks. sorry if im not a forum expert. when i originally hit post it didnt seem like it was going through. It makes me laugh when the forum police come out how is it constructive to say what you said to me. other than make yourself feel like a internet tough guy throwing his weight around.. this is why people dont post or join these forums because grumpy a******* like you. relax and if you dont have an answer to the post ignore it and move on maybe i should have used the ????? instead of the exclamation point my bad

ok so i was asking if anyone has heard of fakes you pretentious dicks. sorry if im not a forum expert. when i originally hit post it didnt seem like it was going through. It makes me laugh when the forum police come out how is it constructive to say what you said to me. other than make yourself feel like a internet tough guy throwing his weight around.. this is why people dont post or join these forums because grumpy a******* like you. relax and if you dont have an answer to the post ignore it and move on maybe i should have used the ????? instead of the exclamation point my bad

You're not making this easy on yourself. I don't think Jag and Swiss were out of line. Yes, I've heard of a fake Srixon set. I've pretty much heard of a fake everything.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (34)

I contacted Srixon late last year inquiring about buying one 785 iron head (just needed a pw). Turns out you can’t,but as part of that live chat online, the person helping me said that they put their serial number on the 6 or 7 iron heads (one not both). He told me to check that for the 4-9 heads I bought to verify authenticity, even though I didn’t ask him.

Take it for what it’s worth, but if you have a serial number on the 7i, you’re probably looking at a legit set. A picture would probably help more as there are experts on this forum who know more about this stuff than I do.

I contacted Srixon late last year inquiring about buying one 785 iron head (just needed a pw). Turns out you can’t,but as part of that live chat online, the person helping me said that they put their serial number on the 6 or 7 iron heads (one not both). He told me to check that for the 4-9 heads I bought to verify authenticity, even though I didn’t ask him.

Take it for what it’s worth, but if you have a serial number on the 7i, you’re probably looking at a legit set. A picture would probably help more as there are experts on this forum who know more about this stuff than I do.

Thank you for the response much appreciated

And this years winner of the Fastest Ban Award goes to...

ROTFLMFAO!!! :rockon: there SOC

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

You're not helping yourself. Calling some respected members of The forum names, and using a derogatory word to describe Srixon is a bad way to kick off on this forum.

Let's start fresh. Hi! Welcome to the forum! Is there anything about the clubs that makes you think they are counterfeit besides the price? (Stinky grips? Odd script? Bad paint?) Are the shafts stock, or are they shafts that don't normally come in the irons? How much did you pay? (Was it an insane price or just good?) Who was the seller? (Some sellers are well known for selling at good prices so letting us know the seller would help us ID that.) Does the seller have any negative feedback? How much feedback does the seller have? Lastly, post some pics.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

You're not helping yourself. Calling some respected members of The forum names, and using a derogatory word to describe Srixon is a bad way to kick off on this forum.

Let's start fresh. Hi! Welcome to the forum! Is there anything about the clubs that makes you think they are counterfeit besides the price? (Stinky grips? Odd script? Bad paint?) Are the shafts stock, or are they shafts that don't normally come in the irons? How much did you pay? (Was it an insane price or just good?) Who was the seller? (Some sellers are well known for selling at good prices so letting us know the seller would help us ID that.) Does the seller have any negative feedback? How much feedback does the seller have? Lastly, post some pics.

Hey Blink,

thank you for your constructive criticism and i apologize if my first post wasnt correct on many levels. i can appreciate your response and i feel like that is a proper way to respond to someone who is obviously new to to the forum in stead of jumping down my throat...... Sorry if it wasnt formatted properly or up to someone with thousands of posts standards but im not an avid forum guy and i just was curious if people had heard of srixon counterfeits bc i could not find any info on the interwebs But i appreciate your response and i will try to do better on future posts

Hey Blink,

thank you for your constructive criticism and i apologize if my first post wasnt correct on many levels. i can appreciate your response and i feel like that is a proper way to respond to someone who is obviously new to to the forum in stead of jumping down my throat...... Sorry if it wasnt formatted properly or up to someone with thousands of posts standards but im not an avid forum guy and i just was curious if people had heard of srixon counterfeits bc i could not find any info on the interwebs But i appreciate your response and i will try to do better on future posts

If you feel a response is out of line, use the Report option located on the bottom right of the post for the moderators to review.

Personal attacks are a violation of forum rules and will not be allowed.

Probably only were not selling them since they were new and ramping production. You can buy one now directly on srixons website

Probably only were not selling them since they were new and ramping production. You can buy one now directly on srixons website

Should have clarified, I was inquiring about just buying the pw head because their stock shaft options wouldn’t work for me. In the end, bought the whole iron (I could buy single iron even a few months ago) because they told me they don’t sell components direct to consumer. You’re saying you can now buy iron heads? That’s great to know because I could easily see myself getting new 785 heads when my current set wears out.

Without Photos of the suspected Counterfeit clubs this thread is useless...... and should be in the "Deal or No Deal" Forum.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Mizuno STZ- 230 22 Hybrid  ,LIN-Q Blue 

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Mizuno T24 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Should have clarified, I was inquiring about just buying the pw head because their stock shaft options wouldn’t work for me. In the end, bought the whole iron (I could buy single iron even a few months ago) because they told me they don’t sell components direct to consumer. You’re saying you can now buy iron heads? That’s great to know because I could easily see myself getting new 785 heads when my current set wears out.

Still can just buy whole clubs. Does any major manufacturer let you buy heads only?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I missed the head part. I don't think any major OEM will sell heads only

How much did you pay for them? I could never buy golf clubs on ebay. Just dont trust anything on that site.

680$ shipped

Who was the seller? Do they have any negative feedback? Are the shafts upcharge, or stock?

$680 is a good price, but not crazy. Industry people can get the 585s for less than that, so it's possible that this is someone that is just flipping them to make a few bucks.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Check out This seller is at $639.00 and free shipping. Less 10% to eBay and 3% to PayPal plus eating the shipping, I have no idea why anyone would bother. There can’t be any money in it for them if they’re real. That leaves $556 before shipping, which is another $25. So $531 bucks. Retail is $999.00 so wholesale MUST be at least $500 bucks. So this person is selling these to make $31 dollars?? That’s just Insane.

This seller has good reviews and lots of cheap sales if you look at their history. It’s definitely REALLY Weird.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SRIXON-Z785-IRON-SET-4-PW-NIPPON-NS-PRO-MODUS3-TOUR-120-STIFF-STEEL-/123626222240

How much did you pay for them? I could never buy golf clubs on ebay. Just dont trust anything on that site.

680$ shipped

I own Srixon z785 and they look legit. $680 is a good price but not out of line as a street price. Also doubt you will see fakes of Srixon they really go after the big selling manufacturers and big ticket items but you never know. I do you got some great irons there so go out and play em!!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Check out This seller is at $639.00 and free shipping. Less 10% to eBay and 3% to PayPal plus eating the shipping, I have no idea why anyone would bother. There can't be any money in it for them if they're real. That leaves $556 before shipping, which is another $25. So $531 bucks. Retail is $999.00 so wholesale MUST be at least $500 bucks. So this person is selling these to make $31 dollars?? That's just Insane.

This seller has good reviews and lots of cheap sales if you look at their history. It's definitely REALLY Weird.

https://www.ebay.com...L-/123626222240

I think srixon is pretty lax with the pricing they give to reps for "demo" sets. Those reps then turn around and sell them.

680$ shipped

I own Srixon z785 and they look legit. $680 is a good price but not out of line as a street price. Also doubt you will see fakes of Srixon they really go after the big selling manufacturers and big ticket items but you never know. I do you got some great irons there so go out and play em!!

thx man for the reply much appreciated

Check out This seller is at $639.00 and free shipping. Less 10% to eBay and 3% to PayPal plus eating the shipping, I have no idea why anyone would bother. There can't be any money in it for them if they're real. That leaves $556 before shipping, which is another $25. So $531 bucks. Retail is $999.00 so wholesale MUST be at least $500 bucks. So this person is selling these to make $31 dollars?? That's just Insane.

This seller has good reviews and lots of cheap sales if you look at their history. It's definitely REALLY Weird.

I actually bought a set of those from that seller (I just bought Saturday, so haven’t received yet). I’d been looking for a set, so I decided to take a chance... worst case I have to ship them back and get my money refunded, though I don’t even think you’re expected to ship back suspected counterfeit items.

I was skeptical from the minute I saw them, but I kept coming back to the listing because I was a little perplexed by it. The seller seems very small time, possibly a private seller? Got around 300 feedback, 100% positive (and read through it - my mom wouldn’t leave me feedback like some of this seller’s buyers have), all golf stuff, all new/ newer or high end used stuff. And they have a decent amount of feedback as a buyer, not just a seller.

I have a few theories, but I think the most likely scenario is someone who has access to wholesale pricing, and is just looking to flip sets quick versus hold out for a few more bucks. I’ve noticed they have had one new set listed consistently for a little while. It’s really not hard to find those irons new for as low as $650 anymore online, so maybe they just want to be the first choice for someone searching for a deal on the irons. They’re basically paying $11 to be the first result when someone searches for “Srixon 785 4-pw” and filters for new condition only. People here pay $10 to have their ad on the top for one week.

I’ll definitely give these a good once over when I get them, and I can share some detailed photos here if anyone is interested (though it may take a while to post as I am back and forth between Chicago for work for the next 4 weeks). I did as much research as I could, and I felt comfortable enough to take a chance that I may be very slightly inconvenienced and my iron purchase delayed. I won’t be shocked if these turn out to be a disappointment, but I decided to gamble that they won’t be.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I actually bought a set of those from that seller (I just bought Saturday, so haven’t received yet). I’d been looking for a set, so I decided to take a chance... worst case I have to ship them back and get my money refunded, though I don’t even think you’re expected to ship back suspected counterfeit items.

I was skeptical from the minute I saw them, but I kept coming back to the listing because I was a little perplexed by it. The seller seems very small time, possibly a private seller? Got around 300 feedback, 100% positive (and read through it - my mom wouldn’t leave me feedback like some of this seller’s buyers have), all golf stuff, all new/ newer or high end used stuff. And they have a decent amount of feedback as a buyer, not just a seller.

I have a few theories, but I think the most likely scenario is someone who has access to wholesale pricing, and is just looking to flip sets quick versus hold out for a few more bucks. I’ve noticed they have had one new set listed consistently for a little while. It’s really not hard to find those irons new for as low as $650 anymore online, so maybe they just want to be the first choice for someone searching for a deal on the irons. They’re basically paying $11 to be the first result when someone searches for “Srixon 785 4-pw” and filters for new condition only. People here pay $10 to have their ad on the top for one week.

I’ll definitely give these a good once over when I get them, and I can share some detailed photos here if anyone is interested (though it may take a while to post as I am back and forth between Chicago for work for the next 4 weeks). I did as much research as I could, and I felt comfortable enough to take a chance that I may be very slightly inconvenienced and my iron purchase delayed. I won’t be shocked if these turn out to be a disappointment, but I decided to gamble that they won’t be.

Seeing the location of this seller (Alabama) and the pictures of the clubs I get the impression they might be affiliated with the three headed Ebay monster of quickshipgolf/ksouth9/tee2green6931.