*** 11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, Passwords were reset to users potentially effected. If you were among these users and have problems using the forget password recovery link, please email [email protected] We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Wedges in to out

getitdaily ·  
getitdailygetitdaily  2662Members Posts: 2,662
Joined:  edited Feb 3, 2019 6:28pm in Instruction & Academy #1
Need a bit of help identifying the cause of my wedge swings creeping way in to out.

Low cap guy, play a fade but my wedge game suddenly got bad. My divots point out right. Not sure what's going on. Iron and wood swings are fine...

Ball position with wedges is a bit forward of center.
Posted:

Comments

• SNIPERBBBSNIPERBBB Hit Ball Hard SE Ohio 2959Members Posts: 2,959
    Occasionally struggle with this as well, to disastrous results. Usually in my case it was my right hip turning towards the ball instead of staying quiet.
    Posted:
    2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
    TM r15 3 wood
    Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
    Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 58* M Grind
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MonteScheinblumMonteScheinblum Rebellion Golf Southern California 18570Members Posts: 18,570
    Could be a lot of things.

Getting too steep on AoA would be one.
    Posted:
  • getitdailygetitdaily  2662Members Posts: 2,662

No rotation, armsy swings...? I get armsy with wedges.
    Posted:
  • Santiago GolfSantiago Golf I Strive to make you Better  5075Members Posts: 5,075
    getitdaily wrote:

Typically feeling armsy is an effect of something elsr. Post a wedge FO and Iron FO, so we can see the difference
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Accura Tour Z Pink, 85 M5 (285, can get one or two to carry 300+ if needed)
    Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72x (255)
    LOOKING FOR A 7 Wood (probably gunna be 230-235 club)
    Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 100x
    4-5; 38", 61* lie, 5 iron weight (220, 210) 6-8; 37", 62* lie, 8 iron weight (195, 180, 165) 9-AW; 36", 63* lie (150, 130, 110)
    S Wedge: Scratch 1018 DS 57*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35.5", 63.5* lie (85): I HARDLY USE IT IN THE BUNKER
    L Wedge: Maltby Third Wedge (Custom Grind) 62*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35", 64* lie: THIS IS MY BUNKER CLUB, HARDLY USE FROM OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB, YES! Tour Tracey (for practice only)
    Ball: Vice Pro
    Grip: Super Stroke S-Tech Cord (Woods +6 wraps, Irons and wedges +8 wraps)
  • powerfade66powerfade66  451Members Posts: 451
    What are you trying to do with trajectory? What shots are you getting that you don’t like?
    Posted:

getitdaily wrote:

Typically feeling armsy is an effect of something elsr. Post a wedge FO and Iron FO, so we can see the difference

Would if I had them. Problem showed up Saturday pre-round and stayed with me during the round so I don't have video. Pretty sure I'm getting armsy, disconnected, and just not rotating. Probably a bit of stand up at impact too.

This happens with long irons every now and then and I have to stand on the range and hit the biggest fades I can to get the club swinging left and my body rotating. Probably do that on the range Saturday after I record a few swings.
    Posted:

Advertisement

What are you trying to do with trajectory? What shots are you getting that you don’t like?

Doesnt matter if I try to hit them high or low. Full or 3/4, they're all left out right and my divot points well right of my target. Pretty sure I know how to fix, need to capture some video shots Saturday.
    Posted:
  • powerfade66powerfade66  451Members Posts: 451
    Could be as simple as clubface at address. I’ve had this happen sometimes and when you really focus on clubface and get it right it can look very hooded compared to what your insincts think you should see. This might be to do with a lot of shots around the green having either a neutral or laid back shaft.
    Posted:
  • m66m66  20Members Posts: 20
    As a low handicapper set up this drill

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403  3861Members Posts: 3,861
    It’s a wedge, you don’t have to swing it like the other clubs. Really steeper the better if you can control it .
    Posted:
  • ScratchyDawgScratchyDawg  357Members Posts: 357
    Could be as simple as an alignment issue.
    Posted:
    "Give up control to gain control" - George Knudson

Advertisement
    Issue was an old foe...backswing setting onto my right leg rather than into my right leg. Flatter shoulder turn than I like. A bit too flat and behind...

Shorter shots (inside 110) combine the above with an armsy, no lower body lead move down and your get the shoddy wedge play that snuck in.

Better coil, less left shoulder back in backswing and everything is crisp again. Even my irons. Path is fairly neutral. Slightly out to in, perfect for me.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BB28403BB28403  3861Members Posts: 3,861
    getitdaily wrote:
    Issue was an old foe...backswing setting onto my right leg rather than into my right leg. Flatter shoulder turn than I like. A bit too flat and behind...

Shorter shots (inside 110) combine the above with an armsy, no lower body lead move down and your get the shoddy wedge play that snuck in.

Better coil, less left shoulder back in backswing and everything is crisp again. Even my irons. Path is fairly neutral. Slightly out to in, perfect for me.

It’s your lex Luther!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file