Jason Day - WITB 2019

2»

Comments

• beazlejsbeazlejs Members Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited Jan 25, 2019 1:35pm #32
    He ended up putting the M6 driver in play yesterday.

Said in an interview after that he didn't drive it as straight as he wanted but seemed to like the driver overall.
  • uggenjigmey407uggenjigmey407 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Thank you. I didn’t find them on the TM website. I’ll check out pga local store.
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I didn’t find them on the TM website. I’ll check out pga local store.
    https://www.taylormadegolf.com/Milled-Grind-HI-TOE-Wedge/DW-WZ733.html?cgid=taylormade-wedges#start=1&;
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    For anyone wondering...
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The 760s certainly look beat up and dinged already. I know it was asked in the thread at the time but has anyone else noticed anything about their finish? Don't think it was ever answered...just curious.

To be fair jday doesn't drive the ball straight at the best of times so can't blame the M6 for that.
  • bblack_91240bblack_91240 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    The 760s certainly look beat up and dinged already. I know it was asked in the thread at the time but has anyone else noticed anything about their finish? Don't think it was ever answered...just curious.

To be fair jday doesn't drive the ball straight at the best of times so can't blame the M6 for that.

I think it was said that the rust was most likely due to the custom grinding.

I wasn’t a fan of the 760s at first, but the more I see them the more I like them.
    WITB
    TaylorMade M3 460 9.5° - Fujikura Speeder Motore TS 7.2X
    TaylorMade M3 3wd 15° - Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X
    TaylorMade M3 5wd 19° - Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 8X
    Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron (19°) - Matrix Ozik Black Tie HM4 105X (Sans 5wd)
    Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 130X
    Nike Engage Wedges
    52° Square
    56° Square
    60° Dual Sole
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Putter 35"
  • kiddockiddoc Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wear issues here...in play since December
  • bblack_91240bblack_91240 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    TK3309 wrote:
    Interesting to see a lot of these guys moving into the Hi Toe wedge with all of their wedges over the raw option most of them go with.

If this is why the raw option is no longer available I’m going to be so sad... anyone know anything about that? Idk if I could get down with the hi toe in anything but a lob wedge
    WITB
    TaylorMade M3 460 9.5° - Fujikura Speeder Motore TS 7.2X
    TaylorMade M3 3wd 15° - Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X
    TaylorMade M3 5wd 19° - Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 8X
    Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron (19°) - Matrix Ozik Black Tie HM4 105X (Sans 5wd)
    Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 130X
    Nike Engage Wedges
    52° Square
    56° Square
    60° Dual Sole
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Putter 35"
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,141 ClubWRX

TK3309 wrote:
    Interesting to see a lot of these guys moving into the Hi Toe wedge with all of their wedges over the raw option most of them go with.

If this is why the raw option is no longer available I’m going to be so sad... anyone know anything about that? Idk if I could get down with the hi toe in anything but a lob wedge

The MG Raw offering was always a limited time thing at retail. I'm currently gaming a raw MG 52 that I could still use for most of 2019, but I'll be switching to a Hi-Toe 52 in the spring. After playing a Hi-Toe 60 last season, I think the benefits of a higher CG are too great to pass up for me. Plus, I really liked the look of the non-lob wedges after holding them in person.
    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M2 T3 (2016 deep face), Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Black Copper Soto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think it was said that the rust was most likely due to the custom grinding.

I wasn’t a fan of the 760s at first, but the more I see them the more I like them.

Yeah I saw that earlier. Around the badge there seems to be a lot of scratches and wondered if it was the same thing?

I agree though, stunning clubs. And feel is so so good.
  • FritzerFritzer Members Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    jll62 wrote:

TK3309 wrote:

The MG Raw offering was always a limited time thing at retail. I'm currently gaming a raw MG 52 that I could still use for most of 2019, but I'll be switching to a Hi-Toe 52 in the spring. After playing a Hi-Toe 60 last season, I think the benefits of a higher CG are too great to pass up for me. Plus, I really liked the look of the non-lob wedges after holding them in person.

The HITOE gap wedges are beautiful in person. Especially the 54*. Compact and flows nicely off the hosel. Coming from another MG raw owner.
  • Ben BerubeBen Berube Benny B Members Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No non of them are required to jump to the latest. I met Stu Cink years ago at Reynolds Plantation. Great tracks and the TMag Kingdon is there.

He had mentioned they push everyone to move up as soon as possible But many of the don't like to move that fast.
    WITB (for this week =)
    - TI M2 10.5* w/ Haz Black 
    - TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD  - CB Tour 16.5* w/ Haz Yellow
    - CBX Hybrids, 18* and 20* w/ Haz Blacks
    -Cleveland CG1 Tours w/ Project X 6.0 / +3/4” / 2* up
    -TI Clevland Cg10 Tour grinds 54/60* w/TI400 / 2* up
    -Putter - revolving door still - Spider Tour DB/ Dbl ball fang S / Monte Carlo CS
    Testing - Everything and Anything to try and improve. Golf is all what you make of it. 

• mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fritzer wrote:
    jll62 wrote:

TK3309 wrote:

The HITOE gap wedges are beautiful in person. Especially the 54*. Compact and flows nicely off the hosel. Coming from another MG raw owner.

I placed an order today for the 54* HiToe with the modus 115 black wedges shaft. I can’t wait to get it out on the course!
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

TK3309 wrote:

Like some others have said the Hi Toe in the 50, 52 and 54 degree options look like a standard gap wedge. The toe might be every so slightly higher than the MG wedge. If someone just handed you the wedge you would have no idea it's a Hi Toe wedge. If you get a chance to look at one in person I think you might change your mind. I picked up a raw 52 last year and I normally use my gap wedge for 2-3 seasons but change my sand/lob wedge yearly. If my raw wasn't in such good shape still I'd have no problem with a Hi-Toe 52.
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights