Rich S: shot my low round and won

rich_s2

Played RJT Grand National links, lake and par 3 this weekend. Wow what a place!! My driver distance was something I have never experienced. Much longer than before. Really got dialed in with the new 919 tours and shaped a few into tucked pins that made me smile. Probably hit 5 of the best shots of my life and almost had my first hole in one. I also tested the Snell black and wow what a ball. Two more months of snow to get into better shape. My wedge work had paid off since my last trip. Stuck many close. So cool to see the hard work pay off. Here are some pics

• 2 weeks later...

Spring is getting closer! Already signing up for a bunch of events. Going to be trying to qualify for our state am and match play championships. Looking to do about 15 competitions this year.

Made some equipment changes as a result of my swing changes. My AP3's were just too strong lofted. I added a lot of distance to my irons after seeing Dan. My Rogue draw turned into a draw monster. Since I am moving from the blue tees to the tips this year, I wanted to lose a wedge and add a fairway wood. I ordered a set of Mizuno 919 tours in custom lofts so I could accomplish that. My goal was to keep my 4 iron distance but shorten my short irons. The gaps are bigger obviously due to one less club in the mix. Here is what I got and my yardages. I have a fitting at club champion in March to get the lofts dialed in a bit more and get fit for two fairway woods or hybrids.

4i-22

5i-25

6i-29

7i-33

8i-38

9i-43

Pw-48

Here are my average carry distances:

4i-198

5i-187

6i-176

7i-159

8i-143

9i-129

Pw-119

So when it is all done my bag will be:

Driver

fairway wood/hybrid

fairwaywood/hybrid

3i gapr lo

22 degree 4 iron

5i

6i

7i

8i

9i

48 degree PW

54 vokey

60 vokey

putter

The irons have Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 105 shafts and oh my word they are so smooth. Driver is now a TS3 44.5" D0 smoke shaft.

Have not been posting a lot but Ella and I are still putting in a lot of time on the weekends. I have been really working on accuracy and controlling trajectories as well as a ton of wedge work. I have adopted Dan's short game style of using the bounce more and my short game a few weeks ago down in Alabama was the best it has ever been. I feel like I have done what I need to do over winter and once my bag gets the final tweaks I am ready to make a go at it this season. Hopefully I will have some pics with green grass coming in 4-6 weeks :P

Might be heading to Mobile AL for spring break! If we do, Ella and I will be playing the RTJ courses again. We have been working very hard on our swings. I'm trying to up my date for my club champion fitting. Would be nice to have my fairway wood/hybrids by then. Also am making a big push to lose some winter wight and work on flexibility. If any of you are in the mobile area and want to join us for a round that would be awesome! Just reply or message me. We would be down there around the 10th of march.

So I just back back from Jacksonville. I had spent two half days with Dan C. Mind blown. He had my over the top move fixed in a few swings and by a few, I mean 2...literally 2. Folks, this man's insight into changes, and how to make them is beyond anything I have experienced. I am not going to share how he did it as I feel you should get a lesson if you are struggling. I flew from wisconsin, stayed for three days and was the best thing I have done for my game. I have lower back pain and this swing is so much more effortless that I really feel it will not be so hard on my back. It is also longer, from what I can tell, a good bit longer but I want to play on my home course to know just how much. For now, here are some before and after pics. The after pics I just took. Went to the range raw on my lunch. They are on the left. Long ways to go but amazing changes for 2 days I think.

My new hero for getting shallow.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

You should be flying down to Florida once a month during the off season to play in a few of the state events that are on weekends. I don't believe residency is required to join the association. If you can beat these guys your state am should be a walk in the park. I'm not from Florida originally but they sure make their scratch golfers a bit different than those up north. I'm guessing the 365 golfing days a year has something to do with that. I can point you in the right direction if interested.

Spring is getting closer! Already signing up for a bunch of events. Going to be trying to qualify for our state am and match play championships. Looking to do about 15 competitions this year.

Made some equipment changes as a result of my swing changes. My AP3's were just too strong lofted. I added a lot of distance to my irons after seeing Dan. My Rogue draw turned into a draw monster. Since I am moving from the blue tees to the tips this year, I wanted to lose a wedge and add a fairway wood. I ordered a set of Mizuno 919 tours in custom lofts so I could accomplish that. My goal was to keep my 4 iron distance but shorten my short irons. The gaps are bigger obviously due to one less club in the mix. Here is what I got and my yardages. I have a fitting at club champion in March to get the lofts dialed in a bit more and get fit for two fairway woods or hybrids.

4i-22

5i-25

6i-29

7i-33

8i-38

9i-43

Pw-48

4i-198

5i-187

6i-176

7i-159

8i-143

9i-129

Pw-119

Driver

fairway wood/hybrid

fairwaywood/hybrid

3i gapr lo

22 degree 4 iron

5i

6i

7i

8i

9i

48 degree PW

54 vokey

60 vokey

putter

The irons have Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 105 shafts and oh my word they are so smooth. Driver is now a TS3 44.5" D0 smoke shaft.

Have not been posting a lot but Ella and I are still putting in a lot of time on the weekends. I have been really working on accuracy and controlling trajectories as well as a ton of wedge work. I have adopted Dan's short game style of using the bounce more and my short game a few weeks ago down in Alabama was the best it has ever been. I feel like I have done what I need to do over winter and once my bag gets the final tweaks I am ready to make a go at it this season. Hopefully I will have some pics with green grass coming in 4-6 weeks :P

Solid. With a 198 4iron, I'd stick to a fairway wood behind driver.. u got the speed to go for some eagles on par 5.

And good luck with 90 yard shots without a gw :) your half swing must be much better then mine.

Keep up the progress good stuff

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

4i-22

5i-25

6i-29

7i-33

8i-38

9i-43

Pw-48

4i-198

5i-187

6i-176

7i-159

8i-143

9i-129

Pw-119

Driver

fairway wood/hybrid

fairwaywood/hybrid

3i gapr lo

22 degree 4 iron

5i

6i

7i

8i

9i

48 degree PW

54 vokey

60 vokey

putter

Solid. With a 198 4iron, I'd stick to a fairway wood behind driver.. u got the speed to go for some eagles on par 5.

And good luck with 90 yard shots without a gw :) your half swing must be much better then mine.

54* should go at least 90 yards

You should be flying down to Florida once a month during the off season to play in a few of the state events that are on weekends. I don't believe residency is required to join the association. If you can beat these guys your state am should be a walk in the park. I'm not from Florida originally but they sure make their scratch golfers a bit different than those up north. I'm guessing the 365 golfing days a year has something to do with that. I can point you in the right direction if interested.

All I want is to just keep getting better and I'm a firm believer competition done right accomplishes that. Those boys would eat me up though :P My game is continually getting better by the week right now but has a ways to go just to compete at the state level up here. The fun part is that I really don't know where I am at. I have not been able to play on real courses enough this winter. I am so excited for spring to see where my handicap is at. If this year goes well I will take you up on that. I just love to compete!

RTJ Magnolia BOOKED! 4 days, 36 holes each day. Ella will be joining me for most of it and I will keep it fun for her. This will be a good test to see where I am at. I play on a indoor league and my scores have been dropping considerably but not sure how that will compare to real golf.

I feel like I have my last (over a month ago) online lesson from Dan owned. Basically been working on better shoulder rotation and leg action. At first this put a tremendous strain on my back due to going way past parallel because I was rotating and lifting my arms so much. I had Ella watch me and let me know when I was in the right position. It feels like a 1/2-3/4 swing but the club is almost parallel. Way less over-run and the results are amazing. My back feels great. Zero issues. My accuracy has been significantly better and my speed is up. Shoulder turn is still a little flat but I am working on it. This swing change has also helped my 1/2 and 3/4 swing a lot. Me head used to raise a lot in the back swing due to lifting my arms. I think that led to a little inconsistency. Most swings my head stays pretty quiet unless I try to go after one which is my current kryptonite.

I will make sure to post up some pics and vids of our upcoming trip!

4i-22

5i-25

6i-29

7i-33

8i-38

9i-43

Pw-48

4i-198

5i-187

6i-176

7i-159

8i-143

9i-129

Pw-119

Driver

fairway wood/hybrid

fairwaywood/hybrid

3i gapr lo

22 degree 4 iron

5i

6i

7i

8i

9i

48 degree PW

54 vokey

60 vokey

putter

ok fair enough I don't use one and was making assumptions bout gapping. I tried no gw and could not hit my 100-115 shots the way I wanted. I've been working on choke downs and shorter swings so I can try again

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

4i-22

5i-25

6i-29

7i-33

8i-38

9i-43

Pw-48

4i-198

5i-187

6i-176

7i-159

8i-143

9i-129

Pw-119

Driver

fairway wood/hybrid

fairwaywood/hybrid

3i gapr lo

22 degree 4 iron

5i

6i

7i

8i

9i

48 degree PW

54 vokey

60 vokey

putter

ok fair enough I don't use one and was making assumptions bout gapping. I tried no gw and could not hit my 100-115 shots the way I wanted. I've been working on choke downs and shorter swings so I can try again

My AP3 GW was 48 degree which is what my PW is now. I just focused on gapping with this set. Just got an email and heading to Club Champion tomorrow for my loft adjustments and fairwaywood/hybrid fitting! Should have them in time for the trip!

All I want is to just keep getting better and I'm a firm believer competition done right accomplishes that. Those boys would eat me up though :P My game is continually getting better by the week right now but has a ways to go just to compete at the state level up here. The fun part is that I really don't know where I am at. I have not been able to play on real courses enough this winter. I am so excited for spring to see where my handicap is at. If this year goes well I will take you up on that. I just love to compete!

I'm very serious about it. You don't need to be playing with those scratch guys either. If you're a 6.2 there is a flight for you with similar handicaps and I'm guessing you would do quite well in that flight. Quite well. It seems you have a large golf budget. Flying her down to Florida a couple weekends a year during the winter time. I think there are worse things than that lol. Anyway best of luck and I'll follow this.

I'm very serious about it. You don't need to be playing with those scratch guys either. If you're a 6.2 there is a flight for you with similar handicaps and I'm guessing you would do quite well in that flight. Quite well. It seems you have a large golf budget. Flying her down to Florida a couple weekends a year during the winter time. I think there are worse things than that lol. Anyway best of luck and I'll follow this.

I’m quite a bit lower than 6.2 now for sure. I do like the idea a lot! Something to shoot for next winter. I think it would really show the low hanging fruit in my game and I could pay Dan a visit while I’m down there! Thanks for the info. I will hit you up later in the year

Do you run some kind of warehouse? Looks like an Amazon FBA processing center . I had been looking into using one of those .

You would never guess what I do for a living... I make high end precision spinning tops (Billetspin). It’s one part of our main business (machine shop) that my brother, sister and I own. One of these days I’m going to make myself a putter. Here is a pic of my latest top.

Do you run some kind of warehouse? Looks like an Amazon FBA processing center . I had been looking into using one of those .

You would never guess what I do for a living... I make high end precision spinning tops (Billetspin). It’s one part of our main business (machine shop) that my brother, sister and I own. One of these days I’m going to make myself a putter. Here is a pic of my latest top.

A) those are really cool and beautiful and B) I had no idea there was a market for such a product!

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Just entered in 4 state events and 3 more local. Went to Club Champion yesterday and got my lofts tweaked and my gaps are more consistent now. Also got a new 3 wood on order and should be here before we go to Alabama. It has the Veylix Alpina wildeye rainbow shaft which is kind of trippy. Head is Epic Flash. Just hit is great.

While I was there I noticed my spin on my driver was higher than what I get on my Skytrak. Its the same as the sim at my local shop though. My dynamic loft needs to come down so I worked on that a bit. Its difficult for me to explain but I hit my driver very consistent but the swing is a little different than my irons. I had an epiphany working with Alex at CC and was able to reduce my spin from 2850 to 2500 by getting my hands a bit more forward at impact. Its a very small adjustment but made my release feel more natural and less forced like my iron swing. I drove back home (4 hours) and worked for an hour at my local shop since its sim readings were the same as trackman at CC. Added a little bit of yardage and the swing just felt great.

what are the tops used for?

Want a distributor in Canada?

Hey, your RTJ pics are making me jealous. Haven't played the courses in years though I just flew past them on the 65 at 90mph coming back home last weekend from Destin FL area

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

what are the tops used for?

Want a distributor in Canada?

Hey, your RTJ pics are making me jealous. Haven't played the courses in years though I just flew past them on the 65 at 90mph coming back home last weekend from Destin FL area

I want to know what the tops are used for as well.

I also want a huge warehouse/man-cave.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

They are used to spin lol. Like all tops. Can be mesmerizing to play with

But, they're so fancy. Has to be something magical about them.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

The movie Inception started it. Some talented guys started making more intricate tops from metal. I joined the scene in 2015 and due to our company and our equipment, it was the perfect fit. It started out very small and exploded extremely quickly. Our tops are considered art by our customers. I have made performance based tops that can be hand spun for over 30 minutes. I focus more on art based and over the top details. Some see a top spinning similar to sitting around a campfire. Soothing, relaxing, captivating etc. Others just like the details and machining and hardly ever spin them. Some use it as a fidget item to zone out on. Not everyone obviously gets them and mine are crazy expensive. You would not even believe me on how much some cost. We sell all over the world. My favorite part is doing this all through social media and getting to meet a lot of wonderful people. It would take me a long time to explain the whole thing and I sure don't want to break any rules here on GolfWRX. Mods if this is not ok please delete, love this site and don't want any issues.

The movie Inception started it. Some talented guys started making more intricate tops from metal. I joined the scene in 2015 and due to our company and our equipment, it was the perfect fit. It started out very small and exploded extremely quickly. Our tops are considered art by our customers. I have made performance based tops that can be hand spun for over 30 minutes. I focus more on art based and over the top details. Some see a top spinning similar to sitting around a campfire. Soothing, relaxing, captivating etc. Others just like the details and machining and hardly ever spin them. Some use it as a fidget item to zone out on. Not everyone obviously gets them and mine are crazy expensive. You would not even believe me on how much some cost. We sell all over the world. My favorite part is doing this all through social media and getting to meet a lot of wonderful people. It would take me a long time to explain the whole thing and I sure don't want to break any rules here on GolfWRX. Mods if this is not ok please delete, love this site and don't want any issues.

Looked at your site. You guys make some beautiful stuff, right here in Wisconsin!

In looking at your worry tokens, I'm wondering... did you make your own ball marker?

Looked at your site. You guys make some beautiful stuff, right here in Wisconsin!

In looking at your worry tokens, I'm wondering... did you make your own ball marker?

I did make some for our league. I plan on making a few golf related things eventually since I just love the game so much.

Just entered in 4 state events and 3 more local. Went to Club Champion yesterday and got my lofts tweaked and my gaps are more consistent now. Also got a new 3 wood on order and should be here before we go to Alabama. It has the Veylix Alpina wildeye rainbow shaft which is kind of trippy. Head is Epic Flash. Just hit is great.

While I was there I noticed my spin on my driver was higher than what I get on my Skytrak. Its the same as the sim at my local shop though. My dynamic loft needs to come down so I worked on that a bit. Its difficult for me to explain but I hit my driver very consistent but the swing is a little different than my irons. I had an epiphany working with Alex at CC and was able to reduce my spin from 2850 to 2500 by getting my hands a bit more forward at impact. Its a very small adjustment but made my release feel more natural and less forced like my iron swing. I drove back home (4 hours) and worked for an hour at my local shop since its sim readings were the same as trackman at CC. Added a little bit of yardage and the swing just felt great.

Had the lofts migrated from use? Or you are just getting your gaps more consistent?

The head is epic flash, love that suttle drop of , oh yeah it’s the newest and best Callaway Head. Haha

Had the lofts migrated from use? Or you are just getting your gaps more consistent?

The head is epic flash, love that suttle drop of , oh yeah it’s the newest and best Callaway Head. Haha

All lofts were correct except one. Got them adjusted and did a quick gap test today. Gap test was 35 shots and I must say might have been the best ball striking of my life. Results are much better!

Carry distances:

PW-121

9i-134

8i-145

7i-158

6i-174

5i-185

4i-196

3i GAPR-209

The head is epic flash, love that suttle drop of , oh yeah itâs the newest and best Callaway Head. Haha

The head is epic flash, love that suttle drop of , oh yeah itâs the newest and best Callaway Head. Haha

All lofts were correct except one. Got them adjusted and did a quick gap test today. Gap test was 35 shots and I must say might have been the best ball striking of my life. Results are much better!

Carry distances:

PW-121

9i-134

8i-145

7i-158

6i-174

5i-185

4i-196

3i GAPR-209

Good! I wish we had a sub $100 way to check our own lofts accurately at our house or office.

If anyone on here had a Mitchell bend station, I would think you would! I mean you do want to make putters, right? ;) lol

So I just back back from Jacksonville. I had spent two half days with Dan C. Mind blown. He had my over the top move fixed in a few swings and by a few, I mean 2...literally 2. Folks, this man's insight into changes, and how to make them is beyond anything I have experienced. I am not going to share how he did it as I feel you should get a lesson if you are struggling. I flew from wisconsin, stayed for three days and was the best thing I have done for my game. I have lower back pain and this swing is so much more effortless that I really feel it will not be so hard on my back. It is also longer, from what I can tell, a good bit longer but I want to play on my home course to know just how much. For now, here are some before and after pics. The after pics I just took. Went to the range raw on my lunch. They are on the left. Long ways to go but amazing changes for 2 days I think.

My new hero for getting shallow.

I’m about the shallowest person I know!

• rich_s2 changed the title to Rich S: shot my low round and won