Game Golf PRO

The battery in the tags draining during practice is a major issue for me. I like to practice a lot and with the past tags I'd use a drop of glue to prevent them from falling off. The battery issue means I can't glue them and actually I have to unscrew them every time I want to practice which will make them more likely to fall off.

I get the pre-order price was basically a pay off for those of us who are beta testing the product but these other non disclosed facts are real deal breakers.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

The battery in the tags draining during practice is a major issue for me. I like to practice a lot and with the past tags I'd use a drop of glue to prevent them from falling off. The battery issue means I can't glue them and actually I have to unscrew them every time I want to practice which will make them more likely to fall off.

I get the pre-order price was basically a pay off for those of us who are beta testing the product but these other non disclosed facts are real deal breakers.

They've updated the tags to turn off after 30 seconds if they cannot connect to the medallion, so you do not have to remove the tags when practicing.

Round number two with the Game Golf Pro is in the books, and...

I hate to admit it, but the stupid thing actually appears to work. I had zero app crashes, zero GPS drops, and zero false tags. Over the course of 18 holes, I only had two shots fail to register. I'm pretty sure one was because I hit a really gross chunked chip shot that the device probably registered as hitting the ground and not a ball (it was pretty ugly). The other missed tag was hit from WAY off the fairway, so I'm wondering if it only counts shots that are the Game Golf maps. I also tried out my plan of not using the putter tag at all today, and it worked pretty well. I hit all my shots, then putted out as usual. When I opened the app on the next tee it would ask me to "confirm putts", and I would just say how many. If I had time, I would edit them to the proper locations on the spot. Otherwise, I just cleaned up a few when I got home, which is pretty much what I've always done anyway. I've also been thinking about how to make a quick-release type of thing for the putter tag, so I can use it with my counter-weight putter grip without cutting off the screw bit. If anyone in the Portland area sees a guy hanging out in the hardware store with a putter grip for way longer than what seems normal later this week, come to say hi!

I'm still concerned about the battery issue. Of course, I also spaced on checking the levels when I was done playing, so I'll have to remind myself to do it next time. I figure that any major battery issues won't become too obvious until I've used it WAY more anyway. I know that the device itself has a one year warranty, but do they plan on extending that to two years for the battery tags? I wish they were more communicative with this kind of stuff.

So... My verdict after two rounds: I'm most likely going to keep it. I was SURE I would be seeking a refund, but after actually using it, I can't think of any reason not to keep it. So far it's performed about 95% as promised, and the remaining 5% seems fixable with firmware updates. My device was delivered on the 16th, so at worst I've got another 17 days to put it through the paces. As long as it continues to perform the way it has the last couple rounds, I think I'll be happy with it.

Kudos for sticking with it NoCaution!

Personally, given what you have gone through to make it work, I would have sent it back.

One thing I did when I had a counter balanced putter and couldn't screw the tag into the putter grip was to take a wine cork (the synthetic foam ones work the best) and screw the tag onto that. I'd put it in my pocket when I played and pull it out when I tagged my putts.

14 Beaten and Battered clubs,

a few balls and tees,

tattered golf bag and

one unwavering spirit that loves the game

That's great news! I'm giving mine more time as well, they're sending a complete new set of tags, so really hoping it works in the end. I do love the idea of it.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

In regards to the non-replaceable batteries, I've been hammering them about that and have dealt with a few different people. I've been told that the batteries will be replaced within 2 years if they fail. After that time period then "...you will have to pay to replace the tags and plastics once - after the the tags will have the new plastics and you will be able to change the batteries yourself." So, not ideal but I could probably live with that. I'd just hope that they fail within 2 years, so I'd get the sensors replaced with the new ones under warranty.

However...

I played my first round with it and I just had way too many problems. The medallion turned off mid-round, it maybe registered 3-4 of my putts (I wish I only had that many putts on the round), and missed a handful of shots. I spent way too much time looking at my phone trying to see if it was tracking properly, which was exactly what I was trying to avoid by getting the Pro. Also, I tried using the Apple Watch app, but it was pretty painful and slow to update/use.

I've asked multiple times for a refund under the 30-day guarantee, but have not heard anything back. If I don't hear anything soon, I guess I'll be filing a dispute with my credit card company.

Okay, I have been using the original Game Golf for a number of years and have really enjoyed and gained a lot from the insights I have been getting. The old reality to ego model. I just updated to the Pro, which was a bit of an issue being in Australia and their website and emails constantly advising me of the deal and then blocking Australia but that got sorted out.

So I have set it up and played my first round. Thoughts at this point in time, the set up was a bit tedious but following the instructions it did work and there was not major issues, and in the first round it operated at about 95% there were a couple of missed shots but that was probably my fault as they were real chunks. I will be keeping it as the old model with the tagging always bothered me and this removes that.

I will say that I was an early adopter of the original and there were teething problems, I went into the upgrade expecting teething problems with move to the PRO, it has gone through a level of Beta testing etc but like all software from an organisation of this size there will be bugs and some design gliches which can only be identified and rectified over time, Microsoft always release products with bugs and so does apple,, they may not be a prominent but I have a level of patience with this product as I can see the benefits model at the end will be worth the effort.

Anyone having any trouble getting their smart caddie code to work? I cannot get smart caddie to work at all, I have the code I'd at least like to use it once and decide if I like it or not.

No step through smart caddie part and select 3 game trial and then option to enter promo code and entered code and it worked fine

Well, 2 weeks ago they said they were sending me new tags...still no sign of them and no update despite my asking for one three times. Conveniently now outside of the return window too, they better not try to screw me on that deal.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

Well, 2 weeks ago they said they were sending me new tags...still no sign of them and no update despite my asking for one three times. Conveniently now outside of the return window too, they better not try to screw me on that deal.

They finally responded to let me know that Oops, sorry, they'd failed to ship them when they said they would fourteen days ago, but really they promise they'll ship next week.

What a cluster, I'm starting to despise this company.

I followed their return policy and twice now I have been told their system is having issues with the return process and they can not help at this time. Enough is enough, taking it up with my CC company. If anyone thinks buying this product is a good idea, they are going to waste their money. It's a cluster f%$#...

I followed their return policy and twice now I have been told their system is having issues with the return process and they can not help at this time. Enough is enough, taking it up with my CC company. If anyone thinks buying this product is a good idea, they are going to waste their money. It's a cluster f%$#...

Report it as fraud. If what you said is true, that is unacceptable. Can’t process refund because system is having an issue? To me, that sounds like they have no capital to send refunds to customers. Report it to credit card company immediately.

They finally responded to let me know that Oops, sorry, they'd failed to ship them when they said they would fourteen days ago, but really they promise they'll ship next week.

What a cluster, I'm starting to despise this company.

Well, just read this after I responded to refund post. Add your post and the refund post together and you get it sounds like Game Golf is about to go under.

Report it as fraud. If what you said is true, that is unacceptable. Can’t process refund because system is having an issue? To me, that sounds like they have no capital to send refunds to customers. Report it to credit card company immediately.

I've got the emails from them which I provided the CC company. CC has me waiting 10 days to give them a chance to respond. Will update once resolved.

I've got the emails from them which I provided the CC company. CC has me waiting 10 days to give them a chance to respond. Will update once resolved.

Credit card company notified me they will be refunding the money. Also, I got a random email from GG stating I needed to take pictures of the box before they would send me a return mailing list. I guess they ignored the fact that it in my previous email I noted that I had never opened the package.

Report it as fraud. If what you said is true, that is unacceptable. Can't process refund because system is having an issue? To me, that sounds like they have no capital to send refunds to customers. Report it to credit card company immediately.

Credit card company notified me they will be refunding the money. Also, I got a random email from GG stating I needed to take pictures of the box before they would send me a return mailing list. I guess they ignored the fact that it in my previous email I noted that I had never opened the package.

Terrible customer service. They're on their last legs, no doubt, unless someone is buying them up and closing them down? I think they ran out of money and are delaying paying everyone.

Terrible customer service. They're on their last legs, no doubt, unless someone is buying them up and closing them down? I think they ran out of money and are delaying paying everyone.

I just hope they keep their website up so I can continue to use my Classic version. Lots of rounds with data in there I'd hate to lose.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Without going into a ton of detail, I returned my unit. Several tags didn't work, the medallion continually fell off my belt, and lots of misses shots. Several tags would not update their firmware. Never registered any of my putts. The whole thing was just a lot more than it was worth and very distracting on the course. Pretty disappointed. Sticking with my Garmin S60 which does pretty close to the same thing but much easier. Gonna take my refund and put it towards a Mevo or SC300.

Oh, be very careful on the 30 day return policy! They had me send a picture of the tags and at first said they would not take the return because of damage. The marks on the tags were just from being in a bag for 2-3 rounds. After complaining they agreed to take them back, but it is not an unconditional return.

Has anyone seen any evidence of it getting "smarter" as you play? I was able to get a few rounds in with mine in Mesquite over the weekend and it didn't really work at all (TONS of false shots, missed shots, medallion randomly shut down, etc) but they say it learns your swing over time. Wondering if that's true, and how long it might take? Boy I want this thing to work.

Similar sort of issues for me.

• Couldn't buy originally because website couldn't take payment from Australia
  • Had to get them to send me an invoice and pay via paypal
  • Took over a month to ship (customs issues apparently)
  • Took over an hour to upgrade the firmware. Whoever thought it was a good process to have these tags update individually should be fired
  • First time using it it missed 32 of my shots including all of my putts
  • I have asked and followed up about a refund and heard nothing back. I don't like my chances though based on some other posts. I have a weighted handle putter so i had to cut the spike off one of the tags and glue it to my putter as I done with my game golf live so I dare say they won't refund due to that

Absolutely no way their claim of using the same tech as driver-less cars is accurate.

All in all I couldn't be more disappointed. Was expecting so much more considering it is nearly 3 x the cost of the game golf live. If anyone is on the fence about buying one I would strongly recommend going with something else

Anyone having any trouble getting their smart caddie code to work? I cannot get smart caddie to work at all, I have the code I'd at least like to use it once and decide if I like it or not.

does it work now? What did you do?

No it's still not working for me, I've contacted gamegolf support they haven't been able to get it resolved yet.

So, my experience thus far, good, bad and ugly:

1) Out of the box, I couldn't get all the tags to pair no matter what I did

2) I reached out immediately, and the response was kind of patchy. It took nearly two weeks of back and forth (most of that time waiting for responses), but ultimately they finally agreed to send me a new set and to let the 30 return window extend.

3) The tags didn't show up, though, and after multiple follow ups on my part, they finally sent them to me. I got them a full two weeks after they were supposed to send them.

4) Once again, many of the new tags failed to pair, but from 28 tags I was able to make a set work.

5) The tag battery gauges change their reading every time I log in. Apparently it's a bug but it's a little disconcerting

6) On the course, I tried to get the smart caddie program to work but couldn't. I didn't invest too much time sorting it out - in fairness, it's possible they sent me the code but I sure can't find it in all me emails from them. I definitely paid for it as part of the pre-order deal

7) During my first round, I had >70 false tags on the first hole. Yes, 70. Then over 40 on the next, then it failed to register my tee shot on 3, picked up a random smattering of shots of the next couple holes, and then failed to capture any shots from like hole 5 on. Oddly the medallion was buzzing the whole day so I'm not sure what the deal was. Could have been user error, i really don't know.

8) I don't know what happened to the second round. I noticed the medallion buzzing randomly all day (my playing partners found this amusing as hell), but I didn't make an effort to keep up on the phone. When I came back to review the round there was no record...who knows, again this could have been my fault somehow but I don't know what I could have done wrong. They basically say to turn it on and go okay golf.

9) On the third round, it actually seemed to start almost working. It picked up quite a few shots, had WAY fewer false tags, and even got one hole completely right without help. The insights are actually very cool, as I knew from being an early adopter of the OG tagging system.

10) Then it stopped recording completely after hole 14, maybe the medallion shut off? Don't know.

11) After giving it a three round trial, I asked for a return, and 48 hours later they told me I needed to send photos as someone else mentioned, which I quickly did. I still haven't heard back after a full business day.

All that comedy aside, I'm an optimist, and part of me wonders if it really does take a number of rounds before it works, so I'm kind of on the fence. I will say that on the customer service side, everyone who I've interacted with has been very professional, but it can take literal days to get a response, and there seems to be no continuity of the conversation. To me, it feels like maybe they're just a very small company that's found itself swamped with customer complaints and unexpected problems from this launch and is just swimming to keep up at this point. I also think maybe their lack of a real manual for the thing is half the problem, and maybe there's more to it than just opening the app, starting the round, and playing golf. I still just love the concept of this thing, but man, nothing about this has gone even close to right!

That said, does anyone have more more than three rounds logged that can speak to whether it starts eventually working as they say? And for Arccos users, did you experience anything like this?

I am 2 rounds in and had some of your problems initially and they seem to be gradually rectifying themselves.

On gtting the tags to pair, I had this issue and I have had issues getting the firmware updates to load. From trial and error I will say only do this outside in daylight, not sure the reason I now they state daylight but it has only really worked when it has been fairly bright outside and I have done all the updates sitting on my deck in the sun for it to work.

On the stop recording issue my initial round did this and I when I check the device I found there was an update I didn't have on the medallion yet, latest software, I load this and all the holes were recorded.

On the false reads as stated this evidently gets less once you have played a few rounds and there is a machine learning for your stroke/preshot routine. I can not fully speak to this but I hope this is the case and it will get better.

So summary, it appears that the software has some bugs which are gradually being removed through the updates and there is implied machine learning for the shot registration process and from professional experience machine learning takes time but once it starts being absorbed it is great. I would suggest that it would take round 10 rounds before it really loads through the device. May not help if you really want to return the device but I would suggest it will require a 10 round sample.

Thanks Jg1166, exactly what I was hoping to hear. I did try pairing the tags outdoors in bright light, there just seem to be a lot of bad tags!

I do hope they improve the accuracy of the tagging process. I wouldn't mind correcting a shot or two per round I suppose, but having to intervene on every hole makes the original tagging system seem like the right one really.