SC300 coming in January!?!?

I was doing a lot of research into the Mevo vs the SC200 and trying to decide what to ask St. Nick for Christmas . I was mostly curious what the SC200 actually measured and how it derived the displayed distance. I decided to email Voicecaddie directly to ask a few questions about the SC200 and they responded timely to explain it independently measures clubhead and ball speeds, but does not account for launch angle or spin rate in any way, beyond the input loft of the club.

...then he said the big thing...

Their new product, the SC300, coming in January measures both launch angle and spin rate!

I kept poking and was informed the retail price will be around $500.

My request to volunteer myself as a product tester was not acknowledged in any form :(

The I hit the google to look for any other info on the SC300 and found what appears to be a user manual in the FCC website!

It looks to display carry distance, clubhead speed, ball speed, smash factor, launch angle and apex on the screen. It seems to be a bigger footprint than the SC200 and sits in more of a landscape vs portrait orientation. There looks to be a corresponding app that will show spin rate, nothing about metal dots is shown which is a plus versus the Mevo.

So now I’m in delay mode on the choice of personal launch monitor...

I’ve seen a few mentions of a new Mevo also, does anyone else have more info in SC300, Mevo, or anything else comparable?

Yep me too, will be watching this as I am getting one of these or a Mevo it looks like.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Why can't one of these $500.00 units show clubface relationship at impact? Is the face closed, open or square and is path from inside, outside or square. I would be willing to put a sensor on both heel and toe of the club I am using. This new unit does look very interesting. I too am in the market but will definitely wait. Thanks for the info.

Sorry, looked a little closer at screenshot. Description says spin rate (APP only). Any idea what that means? Also I don't see spin numbers on the screen.

The last pages of the manual show that it will connect via Bluetooth to an App on your phone. Looks like the spin rate will display on the "APP" only.

I picked up the SC200 for Christmas for my 14 year old so we would have something to do during the winter. That bad boy might be going back as this looks like a definite upgrade.

There looks to be a corresponding app that will show spin rate, nothing about metal dots is shown which is a plus versus the Mevo.

Form factor looks much more like a Mevo to me, which is a good thing IMO.

But I dont see any way it will display accurate spin without the metallic dots. Even the Trackman 4 recommends them for indoor use.

I'll stick with the Mevo for now, especially given my bad experiences with the last two Voice Caddy products I tried.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has this new device been shown at the PGA show?

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.0

Fairway: Titleist TSi2 15° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Cobra LTDx 19° - KBS PGI 85 S

Irons: MP-20 MMC (4-PW) - KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (50.08F), SM9 (54.14F, 58.08M) - KBS Tour S (50), TT Dynamic Gold S300 (54, 58)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck - KBS CT Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I’ve seen a few mentions of a new Mevo also, does anyone else have more info in SC300, Mevo, or anything else comparable?

I have the Mevo and absolutely love it, and the company. I had some initial problems (the unit was DOA) but after a little bit of trouble the customer service has been spectacular from them, including a personal email from their VP.

Performance wise it's amazing. The device itself is a super solid little thing, and it looks to be every bit the $500 device it is. I've hit hundreds of shots, and honestly can't remember it ever missing one, (although I'm sure it has at some point). Spin rates at the range seem really good, even without the dots, and provided you set it up right, distances seem spot on as well.

I actually also have a Flightscope X2 that I got a screaming deal on a while back, but the Mevo is what's coming to the range with me because it's just so compact, convenient, and accurate. Absolutely love the thing.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

I thought I would share 2 technical limitations regarding the Swing Caddie products which are very possibly also problems with the new SC300. These limitations mostly effect those with higher than typical club head speed but its worthy to note because it is very frustrating if you don't know it and are a longer hitter.

1) When hitting into a net or screen, the distance you should be away from it when hitting a lower lofted and generally higher swing speed club will need to increase. The more the better. This is because, at certain speeds and launch angles, swing caddies don't seem to pick up the speed of the ball until it is decelerating in the net. It got to the point for me where it would always confused club speed with ball speed because the ball speed was reading so low as the swing caddie did not see the ball until it was almost completely stopped in the net.

2) If you can exceed a ball speed of 175 mph, the swing caddies seem to struggle to read any higher. I know this at least to be true with the SC100, but when I emailed customer service, they confirmed my suspicion for SC100, SC200 and said it could be an issue with SC300 as well. I was suspicious of this because of the many times I was at the driving range hitting driver and almost always getting 175 mph ball speed on the dot. There is no way I was that consistent. It was basically plateauing on me. I was told you can get them to display higher, but it might take much more club head speed to do so and the reading would not be accurate.

Anyways, kind of disappointed the new SC300 isn't an all encompassing unit that measured everything for a reasonable price but I guess I knew that was too good to be true.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

First review out:

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

It’s interesting that I just noticed this thread and I’ve never read a thread about personal launch monitors before. I’ve never cared.

Last night the guy hitting next to me at the range had a SC200. We ended up striking up a conversation when he saw I had 4 new drivers In the bag and one was the F9 which he was quite interested in. He ended up being a WRXer of course!

He eventually asked if I wanted to try the monitor for a few swings. I must say. It is Kind of a cool gadget. I may need one.....well “need” is the wrong word. After 30 years of golf I really don’t “need” one. In know all my distances and apexes and all of the info it gives, but it does look fun.

I’ll Have to think about this a bit. $550 is a bit more than I want to spend for a grown up toy. Would make a nice joint Christmas gift form my sis and brother in law perhaps.

I ordered one today. I liked the Sc200, and this seems to be much better. I spend a lot of time at my range and at home hitting balls, I like using this for practice.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

For those that are buying or interested in any of these swing caddie products, I thought I would give some hopefully helpful consumer advice because it seems a lot of people I run into are naive about the device limitations. My advice would be to research the thing thoroughly regarding what it can and cannot do. Decide also how worth it is to you to have ACCURATE carry distance vs ESTIMATED which is what these things do.

If buying the SC300, make sure you know what it directly measures and what it doesn't. I hate to see people waste money on things they think are more than they are. I see people "tricked" all too often in the golf industry.

I have an SC100 but really only own it for ball speed and club speed, which it does decently well (plenty of misreads but often gets it close to right, especially with ball speed). The carry distance and stuff is worthless to me because it is not accurate.

For those that are buying or interested in any of these swing caddie products, I thought I would give some hopefully helpful consumer advice because it seems a lot of people I run into are naive about the device limitations. My advice would be to research the thing thoroughly regarding what it can and cannot do. Decide also how worth it is to you to have ACCURATE carry distance vs ESTIMATED which is what these things do.

If buying the SC300, make sure you know what it directly measures and what it doesn't. I hate to see people waste money on things they think are more than they are. I see people "tricked" all too often in the golf industry.

I have an SC100 but really only own it for ball speed and club speed, which it does decently well (plenty of misreads but often gets it close to right, especially with ball speed). The carry distance and stuff is worthless to me because it is not accurate.

Are you saying the inaccuracies are greater than the manufacturer claims?

SC300-Specification..jpg

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Are you saying the inaccuracies are greater than the manufacturer claims?

SC300-Specification..jpg

I would say its very likely yes it will be off very often by more than it states distance wise. Ball speed wise, I would be inclined to believe it is more accurate than it states up to a point. I have no idea about launch angle, I would need to see direct comparisons of it against a GC2 or GCQ. Spin will be awful. If its like my SC100, which was conveyed to me it might be by a customer service rep, it will struggle with ball speed at and above 175.

My point is, try and find someone that does a very honest and detailed review of the device. If it sounds too good to be true, or if too many questions you have in your head were not addressed or answered directly, then it is probably too good to be true and might not be worth a whopping 550 bucks!

For those purchasing Please report back after some testing.

I definitely will.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

I have the Sc200 and it was fairly accurate and caught ever shot I hit. I read that the sc200 was good for over 50 yards, the sc300 is good over 25.

I use it to compare clubs, and work in distance control and consistency, it’s perfect for me for those reasons.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

What you guys are saying I don't understand. How can the SC200 or SC100 be accurate for anyone other than with luck? All it does is measure ball speed well really, and then estimates your launch angle and spin rate. Those two items right there dictate a ton the distance your ball travels. Then add in spin axis and you are even more off. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the product, but when people say it helps them dial in their distance, I can't help but wonder how that is possible. I could honestly do a better job standing by your side, watching the ball land and telling you how far I think it went.

To me, and this is just me of course, these devices are only good for measuring ball speed and club speed. The SC300 does a bit more, but it still can't possibly tell you your distance accurately for each shot, especially with these low spinning hollow irons. They kind of mess with the ability to extrapolate data. SC300 can't possibly be much more accurate than its predecessors given what I know about it so far. I think it is over priced for what it does and needs to be closer to 300 or 350 price wise.

I really was interested to see if they made something more comparable to the mevo but not quite it seems. Mevo can directly measure spin, launch angle and club speed. They are only missing spin axis and hla to really get ball flight close to real. SC300 is missing spin, spin axis and hla and that is assuming they really do measure vertical launch angle and don't just grab something from a table.

I know immediately I would use it for range sessions to get my club distance numbers maybe half wedges etc. then get my driver MPH average. After that I'm not sure if I would have a lot of use for it. What else have you guys used your 200 for?

I put in target mode and try to hit a number, or just to see how far i hit my irons with shorter or longer take aways.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X