Srixon 2019

deep18

bad side effect of having blowout sales... People think $40 MSRP is so much expensive and will wait for the sale to drop again.

100% truth. It’s a bit like Bed, bath, and beyond. Does ANYONE actually shop there without a 20% off coupon??

The only reason I even discovered the XV and love it is the $9.95 6 ball trial packs.

I’ve got 20 dozen in the closet at $20 a dozen. I would NEVER Pay $40 a dozen....for any ball...ever.

Interesting take from a former teaching pro, professional fitter and clubmaker.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to pgatss and bought the remaining 3 Xv trial packs at $10 each. They actually had tons of the 2017 trial packs but they were trying to sell them for $15. Not sure who was in charge of coming up with that one.

That actually goes back to the promo at the time. When we (retailers) get in on these promo offers, they are often times different prices from the manufacturer themselves. Considering pgatss sets prices on everything in line with what MSRP or MAP is, I'd say that's the byproduct of differing wholesale pricing at the time they acquired the product stock.

Have not seen any performance packs here is Socal yet which is weird as I am literally 10 minutes from Srixon / Cleveland / XXIO HQ .

Cannot wait to try both the Z and XV. A little firmer Z might be perfect!

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Have not seen any performance packs here is Socal yet which is weird as I am literally 10 minutes from Srixon / Cleveland / XXIO HQ .

Cannot wait to try both the Z and XV. A little firmer Z might be perfect!

I'm in total agreement with you on that. Curious to see the higher compression Z and give that a try

Went to pgatss and bought the remaining 3 Xv trial packs at $10 each. They actually had tons of the 2017 trial packs but they were trying to sell them for $15. Not sure who was in charge of coming up with that one.

That actually goes back to the promo at the time. When we (retailers) get in on these promo offers, they are often times different prices from the manufacturer themselves. Considering pgatss sets prices on everything in line with what MSRP or MAP is, I'd say that's the byproduct of differing wholesale pricing at the time they acquired the product stock.

Well, the 2017 6 packs were also $10 when they released, but I'd guess that they're $15 now because they sell the 2017s for $29.99 a box.

I played a round with the Q-Star tour today, very good ball. I'm playing the Z-Star this year, but the Q-Star is a pretty good ball. Picked up a dz for $20 last month. A little bit softer than the Z, but my distances were about the same. Greens were were too soft to judge spin.

Q Star Tour is the real deal. I got a dozen cheap on shop credit but wasn't expecting much, was intending to use it as a practice round ball. Have been using it in competitions and it's been a revelation. Long and straight off the tee and good spin off irons and around green. For my chs of around 100 it's a good fit, as good as any tour ball but cheaper.

I played a round with the Q-Star tour today, very good ball. I'm playing the Z-Star this year, but the Q-Star is a pretty good ball. Picked up a dz for $20 last month. A little bit softer than the Z, but my distances were about the same. Greens were were too soft to judge spin.

Q Star Tour is the real deal. I got a dozen cheap on shop credit but wasn't expecting much, was intending to use it as a practice round ball. Have been using it in competitions and it's been a revelation. Long and straight off the tee and good spin off irons and around green. For my chs of around 100 it's a good fit, as good as any tour ball but cheaper.

Q Star Tour is a very well kept secret in golf. It's a ball that seemingly fits about 90% of all golfers very, very well. I've said since a few months after it's original introduction that if suddenly proshop/retail stores had to only carry one golf ball, that would be it. I personally think it's the best total package golf ball for most golfers, and is now one of my top two selling models typically.

Q Star Tour is a very well kept secret in golf. It's a ball that seemingly fits about 90% of all golfers very, very well. I've said since a few months after it's original introduction that if suddenly proshop/retail stores had to only carry one golf ball, that would be it. I personally think it's the best total package golf ball for most golfers, and is now one of my top two selling models typically.

Have to agree based on my experience. Had to swallow my pride a bit as it's marketed as a slow ss tour ball, but I can't ignore the performance I've had. Last weekend I put one in play after scuffing my Cally chrome soft X in a bunker, and went even par over the last 7 holes after being 10 over at the time. Was no luck involved either, just great shot after great shot. The q star was longer and straighter off the tee and flew off the irons with plenty of spin. I obviously played better, but partly because of the confidence I got from the first couple shots after putting it in play.

I really like the Bridgestone tour B XS too, but I have to admit the q star tour is a better ball for my 95-100 ss.

I played a round with the new XV on Saturday, same ball for the full 18 holes. I have to say well done Srixon, this new XV is top notch.

It's only been 1 round of golf but I have picked up distance with this ball, especially off the driver where I was roughly 8m further total, I'm guessing this is from the extra carry that this ball seems to be getting. It launches higher off the driver but about the same off the irons.

I had no problem with spin off the driver, irons or wedges, this is without doubt still the best ball in the wind, I had no issues with the wind affecting my ball to the point where I wasn't even playing for it, I could take aim for my natural shape and just play for that.

Spin around the greens was fine, I need more time around this area to notice any real gains, it's not gripping on the first bounce and stopping nor is it coming out like a bullet and rolling forever, it's right in the middle but then again that could have just been my chipping for that day.

Most importantly though it's definitely softer off the putter face! Only for the shorter putts I realized (10foot or so) anything outside that where you're giving it a bit extra the click at impact comes back.

One Con: The cover seems to wear a bit easier than previous models... It's not shocking but it's definitely not the same as the older models.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

I played a round with the new XV on Saturday, same ball for the full 18 holes. I have to say well done Srixon, this new XV is top notch.

It's only been 1 round of golf but I have picked up distance with this ball, especially off the driver where I was roughly 8m further total, I'm guessing this is from the extra carry that this ball seems to be getting. It launches higher off the driver but about the same off the irons.

I had no problem with spin off the driver, irons or wedges, this is without doubt still the best ball in the wind, I had no issues with the wind affecting my ball to the point where I wasn't even playing for it, I could take aim for my natural shape and just play for that.

Spin around the greens was fine, I need more time around this area to notice any real gains, it's not gripping on the first bounce and stopping nor is it coming out like a bullet and rolling forever, it's right in the middle but then again that could have just been my chipping for that day.

Most importantly though it's definitely softer off the putter face! Only for the shorter putts I realized (10foot or so) anything outside that where you're giving it a bit extra the click at impact comes back.

One Con: The cover seems to wear a bit easier than previous models... It's not shocking but it's definitely not the same as the older models.

Haven’t played one yet but just upon feel the new cover is tackier than before.

The previous Srixons were almost indestructible (especially in yellow) so a little less durable shouldn’t be a large issues. I typically go through 2-3 balls a round on a challenging course , and even if it makes a full 18 it’s retired anyway.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Played a round with the new XV today. I have been playing the Q star tour for a winter ball. The temp was about 54 with a wind around 12. I played 9 holes with both balls and the new XV was about 12 to 15 yards more carry over the Q. I will see how it really performs next time vs. last years XV. still good in the wind, and is a little softer. I did carry one long and caught a path, the damage was very minimal, I could still play the ball if I chose to.

Played a round with the new XV today. I have been playing the Q star tour for a winter ball. The temp was about 54 with a wind around 12. I played 9 holes with both balls and the new XV was about 12 to 15 yards more carry over the Q. I will see how it really performs next time vs. last years XV. still good in the wind, and is a little softer. I did carry one long and caught a path, the damage was very minimal, I could still play the ball if I chose to.

driver speed? thanks!

Havent read the thread I admit. Im wondering if the new xv is softer (subjective I know) feeling than the prior generation. i really liked the prior gen xv performance, but man it was a firm feeling ball. I usually play Pro v1x FWIW.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

driver speed? thanks!

Normally around 102, with winter gear on I would figure around 98. Also it was really wet, so there wasn't any way to judge spin around the greens. Plug ball all day.

Yeah, the Q Star Tour is the sleeper in the industry, I think. Love playing that ball. I can work that sucka really well.

Havent read the thread I admit. Im wondering if the new xv is softer (subjective I know) feeling than the prior generation. i really liked the prior gen xv performance, but man it was a firm feeling ball. I usually play Pro v1x FWIW.

Per 3woodvt:

2017 XV 105 Compression 2019 102 Compression

2017 Z 88 Compression 2019 90 Compression

It doesnt give you the subjective part, but at least now you have the objective part!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Per 3woodvt:

It doesnt give you the subjective part, but at least now you have the objective part!

I have zero way of quantifying it, but I can say that the XV feels a decent but softer than the last gen model. I've been messing around with them for a week or so, and I most definitely like the 2019 feel more than before. That's all I got though... The weather and conditions are way too inconsistent here to tell much performance difference between the two. But I'm very much a feel oriented player, and the feel (for me) is much improved.

Per 3woodvt:

I have zero way of quantifying it, but I can say that the XV feels a decent but softer than the last gen model. I've been messing around with them for a week or so, and I most definitely like the 2019 feel more than before. That's all I got though... The weather and conditions are way too inconsistent here to tell much performance difference between the two. But I'm very much a feel oriented player, and the feel (for me) is much improved.

Thx. Im encouraged by this. Im a feel oriented player too. The prior gen performed well, but felt very very firm to me. I probably dont have the requisite horsepower though, driver ss around 100 these days.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Per 3woodvt:

Thx. Im encouraged by this. Im a feel oriented player too. The prior gen performed well, but felt very very firm to me. I probably dont have the requisite horsepower though, driver ss around 100 these days.

Here is the question

at 100-103, is that enough for the XV - and if so, is it softer now ?

if not, cs-x is hard to beat

any thoughts appreciated

Per 3woodvt:

Here is the question

at 100-103, is that enough for the XV - and if so, is it softer now ?

if not, cs-x is hard to beat

any thoughts appreciated

it is, it just depends on how much spin you need. I will compare head to head next good weather, but I thought no the XV felt softer the other day when it was only mid 50's. I'm satisfied enough with this ball that I've already loaded up with the sample packs.

I have been hitting them side by side into my net and the new XV's are clearly softer than the prior model. Not Chrome soft by no means but probably closer to the original KSIG's or maybe TPX.

Also agree about the Q-Star Tour, excellent ball and definitely my colder weather ball.

G410 LST 9* Even Flow 75 
G410 LST 14.5* Even Flow 85
G410 19* Even Flow 85
HMB 4-PW SteelFiber 110
T20 50* & T20 54* SteelFiber 125
Bigfoot 60" SteelFiber 125
2 Ball Fang
Z-Star 

At my golf shop today, we had the Srixon rep stop by, he brought a Srixon Forged club (it looks amazing) and he brought the 2019 golf balls. Of course I was given a dozen balls and we talked about the balls...Im going to play the 2019 Srixon Z Star balls, looking a how well it spins compared to the 2018 balls.

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max, 10.5 deg,  UST Helium 5F3, Regula

5-Wood - Cobra LTDx Max,  16.5 deg, UST Helium 5F3, Regular

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 - 3 Hybrid, Recoil Dart 75gm, Regular

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 - 4 Hybrid, Recoil Dart 75gm, Regular

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 - 5 Hybrid, Recoil Dart 75gm, Regular

Irons - PXG 0311 XP Gen 3 - 5 thru PW, AW, Mistubishi MMT 70, Regular

Wedges - PXG 0311 Forged, 54* and 58*

Putter - Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 putter, 34* shaft

Balls - Callaway Chrome Soft X balls