New Odyssey Arm Lock putters

budcangolf

How many different technologies will be incorporated into the insert of these? I miss the days of a nice simple White Hot insert or something simple like that. It must be all the guys on the pro tours that love these wild inserts so much that are pushing for even more contraptions to be incorporated. /s

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Fugly. The graphics are terrible. For right-handed players (and right-handed putters in the ad) the arm that locks is the LEFT arm. Graphics have a right arm and a lock. Really stupid graphic design there, Odyssey.

Between these and the new Stroke Lab Ray Cook/ YES! Putters rip-off color-scheme and stupid car racing rim weights on the sole, the recent Odyssey offerings look tacky af.

"I'm really struggling for ideas on what to put on the sole. If only I had some inspiration."

arm-hammer-logo-hed-2016.png

giphy.gif

Agreed and well said.

Best post I’ve seen in a while.....?

Is that video on YouTube ?

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

I must admit I am surprised by how obtuse everyone is in this thread. The point of the arm lock is outside of the "regular" way of putting. Yet people are bitching about not having the right length when they won't buy one to begin with.

Sorry gents. This is great tech. You have to be fitted for it. I plan on doing it this summer. I think it's a better way of putting

I don't think anyone is "b*******" on here as you put it. Some people like different lengths other than stock. Move along...

LOL

"Move along " ??? What ? You want to run the WHOLE site now ?

You already run pretty much every thread you're interested in on any new equipment with your one-liners.

30,000 posts. 2nd on the All-Time LIst. Ever write a post of more than say, 30 words ? Or 2 short sentences ? If you have, I apologize in advance - I haven't seen 'em.

You know, like maybe giving an honest opinion of a Rules violation on Tour ? Or at least a somewhat "in-depth" review of YOUR experience with a club,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, rather than "I didn't like it",,,,,,,,,,,,as opposed to your asking everybody what "it feels like" ? Or "What it costs ?", or "Does it really feel that heavy ?"

From the Rules,,,,,,,

3.1. No “running the site”. Have balance and don’t over-post in one day. High maintenance users can be asked to slow and or not post. Don’t deluge the forums and overwhelm threads.

3.3. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the like.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I must admit I am surprised by how obtuse everyone is in this thread. The point of the arm lock is outside of the "regular" way of putting. Yet people are bitching about not having the right length when they won't buy one to begin with.

Sorry gents. This is great tech. You have to be fitted for it. I plan on doing it this summer. I think it's a better way of putting

I don't think anyone is "b*******" on here as you put it. Some people like different lengths other than stock. Move along...

LOL

You already run pretty much every thread you're interested in on any new equipment with your one-liners.

30,000 posts. 2nd on the All-Time LIst. Ever write a post of more than say, 30 words ? Or 2 short sentences ? If you have, I apologize in advance - I haven't seen 'em.

You know, like maybe giving an honest opinion of a Rules violation on Tour ? Or at least a somewhat "in-depth" review of YOUR experience with a club,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, rather than "I didn't like it",,,,,,,,,,,,as opposed to your asking everybody what "it feels like" ? Or "What it costs ?", or "Does it really feel that heavy ?"

From the Rules,,,,,,,

3.1. No “running the site”. Have balance and don’t over-post in one day. High maintenance users can be asked to slow and or not post. Don’t deluge the forums and overwhelm threads.

3.3. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the like.

LMFAO... What does your personal attack have to do with anything in this thread? I guess you missed that section of the site rules that you like to quote so much... Yeah, I need to be more like you with all of your wonderful posts and content. After all, you add so much value and content to this site. I hope you feel better now:)

Back to topic - I talked to the store manager at my local Golf Discount and he stated these new armlock putters will be special order only. Anyone else heard this? I am going to check with GG later this week as I wanted to roll it before buying.

LOL

From the Rules,,,,,,,

LMFAO... What does your personal attack have to do with anything in this thread? I guess you missed that section of the site rules that you like to quote so much... Yeah, I need to be more like you with all of your wonderful posts and content. After all, you add so much value and content to this site. I hope you feel better now:)

Back to topic - I talked to the store manager at my local Golf Discount and he stated these new armlock putters will be special order only. Anyone else heard this? I am going to check with GG later this week as I wanted to roll it before buying.

NOW you post 2 paragraphs !!! Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu. :D

It's not a personal attack although I can certainly understand why YOU might think so.

It's merely an observation on your attacking, "Move along" post, even though not directed at me, and my observations of your posting "style", such as it is. :)

Enjoy your day. :hi:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

^^^Read the previous post, I wasn’t attacking anyone. The previous poster made a comment about people being obtuse and b******* about the length of this putter. Nobody was doing that at all. I simply said move along after clarifying my post. Then you come in here blasting away for some reason??? Do you have any information on the Armlock putter?

Fugly. The graphics are terrible. For right-handed players (and right-handed putters in the ad) the arm that locks is the LEFT arm. Graphics have a right arm and a lock. Really stupid graphic design there, Odyssey.

Between these and the new Stroke Lab Ray Cook/ YES! Putters rip-off color-scheme and stupid car racing rim weights on the sole, the recent Odyssey offerings look tacky af.

"I'm really struggling for ideas on what to put on the sole. If only I had some inspiration."

giphy.gif

By golly, he’s right. It doesn’t bother me, but I got a good laugh. These kinds of posts liven up the place.

Still, I find armlock intriguing. About to run a cheap experiment with a used Odyssey 1W armlock. I like the V-line shape too so want to see how it goes. I like YES putters so I don’t really care about similar details. I want to see more putts go in. They can put the lock around my neck if the putter works.

But if Odyssey had it to redo, I bet that armlock graphic gets put on the left arm. So here is a question: Think they noticed it and decided it didn’t matter or no one caught it?

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I'm personally offended by all of your responses to this post....I also want to give the big guy in the video a chest bump.

Glad to see more arm lock putters coming to the market but they definitely need to have them available to try at the stores. They should have a sample one that adjusts club length like some other models in the past.

I well say for anyone who plays in the mornings, those faces seem like a magnet for sand. I sold my odyssey fang solely for that reason.

LOL

From the Rules,,,,,,,

They can certainly be ordered as a stock putter and I would guess that some customers will carry it and some customers will not.

Did I read that there was a broomstick length becoming available too?

Interesting if so, kinda bucking the USGA (kinda)

Not really. The putter is conforming. Anchoring against your body is not. It has been a while since anyone released a new one. Many of those that use this method have been putting with the same putter for a long time, as there have been very few offerings for them in the last 5 years. Have to figure some of them are ready to put a new stick in the bag. It will not be wildly successful but we will sell a few.

giphy.gif

By golly, he's right. It doesn't bother me, but I got a good laugh. These kinds of posts liven up the place.

Still, I find armlock intriguing. About to run a cheap experiment with a used Odyssey 1W armlock. I like the V-line shape too so want to see how it goes. I like YES putters so I don't really care about similar details. I want to see more putts go in. They can put the lock around my neck if the putter works.

But if Odyssey had it to redo, I bet that armlock graphic gets put on the left arm. So here is a question: Think they noticed it and decided it didn't matter or no one caught it?

I think the graphic was meant to be humorous and not necessarily anatomically correct.

giphy.gif

By golly, he's right. It doesn't bother me, but I got a good laugh. These kinds of posts liven up the place.

Still, I find armlock intriguing. About to run a cheap experiment with a used Odyssey 1W armlock. I like the V-line shape too so want to see how it goes. I like YES putters so I don't really care about similar details. I want to see more putts go in. They can put the lock around my neck if the putter works.

But if Odyssey had it to redo, I bet that armlock graphic gets put on the left arm. So here is a question: Think they noticed it and decided it didn't matter or no one caught it?

I think the graphic was meant to be humorous and not necessarily anatomically correct.

Or created by a graphic designer who does not play golf and has no idea what armlock means. If it is humorous, I think that is an accident. Would look better if it was not there at all.

My used 1W armlock arrived yesterday. My advice to those who are thinking armlock is test it first. It feels weird, really awkward, and I can see it being hard to get used to. I am going to try it out but definitely will take some time to known whether I want to use it.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

A guy at Golf Galaxy told me that these will be in stock there on March 1st. For what that's worth. I was skeptical that GG would even be stocking any arm lock putters, so that's nice. Might be able to try before plunking down the cash.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi BB-1W

i understand them bringing out Arm Lock models again with the rise in use on tour, but bringing out a Broom Stick Putter?! Where is the logic in that!

Anyone know the name of the broom stick putter? I can´t find it on any sites.

I think it's just the Odyssey "Broom Stick". Looks like there may be a graphic on the sole like the arm lock ones:

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Bettinardi BB-1W

That's still the old arm lock putter. The two new ones shown in the YouTube video are not on the website yet.

I'm guessing that Odyssey was holding off on the details until the Stroke Lab putters were released.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Bettinardi BB-1W

Odysseys website is only showing the V-line armlock. Will there be a 1W as well?

Yes

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with VA Composites Nemesys 65s untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s tipped 1/2”

Ping G430 4 hybrid with Fujikura Ventus Blue Hybrid 10x untipped

Ping i530 5-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 50.5s, 55s, 59.5h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

I recently purchased an Odyssey VLine Armlock putter and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to switch the head out. I feel like a 2 ball or #7 head would fit my alignment better. I'm assuming I'd want to use a tank head version due to the weight? I think anything with 3* of loft should work for me...I'm not too aggressive with the forward press/delofting. Any thoughts or experience?

I wonder why they don’t have a 7 and 2 ball arm lock. Probably the 2 most sold odyssey putters.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with VA Composites Nemesys 65s untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s tipped 1/2”

Ping G430 4 hybrid with Fujikura Ventus Blue Hybrid 10x untipped

Ping i530 5-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 50.5s, 55s, 59.5h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

I've gotta believe they aren't actually being released on 2/15 or 3/1. I'm guessing some people got some wires crossed. The Toulon Stroke Lab putters are available for pre-order on 2/15 and are hitting stores on 3/1, and those are already on the Odyssey website.

If the arm lock/broomstick putters were following the same release calendar, I would think they also be featured on the website, but there's been no announcement other than the kind of vague YouTube videos that were released in January. Unless Odyssey is expecting so little fanfare for the arm lock and broomstick putters that they're not even bothering with a pre-order or website splash page.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Bettinardi BB-1W

I went by my local Golf Galaxy yesterday and when I asked about these putters, they had no idea they even existed. I guess I'll check back in March.

I remain amazed at how people get upset by the graphics on golf clubs. All I care about is whether it works. If I could make more putts than I am making now, it could have Hello, Kitty! engraved on it and I'd use it proudly.

I went by my local Golf Galaxy yesterday and when I asked about these putters, they had no idea they even existed. I guess I'll check back in March.

I remain amazed at how people get upset by the graphics on golf clubs. All I care about is whether it works. If I could make more putts than I am making now, it could have Hello, Kitty! engraved on it and I'd use it proudly.

GG sucks

Callaway Epic SZ  triple diamond 9* AD IZ 6x
Callaway Epic SZ 15* Hzrdus smoke 70 6.5
Srixon u85 3 iron 
Srixon z785 4-p DG TI AMT x100
RTX4 52,56,60 DG s400 TI

Our local shop had never heard of either the arm lock or broom stick putters coming back and their Callaway rep was in not long ago. The staff did not believe me until I pointed them to the YouTube video. The putters are not listed on items to order from Callaway so they shop suggested release must be a ways out from now.