Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

11.5 on your adapter would be 10 or 8.5 on your adapter would be 7.0 in those heads.

Sorry, this is very confusing. I have a 9* head if that helps.

LOLOLOLOL! I just ran into this last night. So funny. As much as I know about equipment, I still forgot to do the conversion.

After warming up, I took the shaft out of my LTD and stuck it in my demo F9. Of course I just set it on 9.5 draw like always. I then proceed to hit these low 60-70 foot high bullet fades that I simply can't elevate without the greatest of bodily contortions.

I'm thinking, what the hell is going on? This is the lowest launching driver I've ever hit. I went back to the LTD head at 9.5. Plenty of loft. Then My TS3. Launch it to the moon at 9.5.

Back to the F9 at "9.5". Again....low bullets. FINALLY I realize that the "stock" loft of this head is 9 degrees. The "stock" neutral loft of my LTD is 10.5 degrees. If I'm setting the F9 at 9.5 I'm actually playing it ONE DEGREE DELOFTED from Stock. I'm actually hitting it at 8 degrees.

After finally figuring it out I adjusted the F9 to 10.5 on my old adapter, which is actually "neutral" loft for that adapter, or 9 degrees on the new F9. Instantly I see much better results but by now I'm so tired from hitting so many balls that I'm not really learning anything worthwhile. I actually think I need to go to 11 degrees on my adapter, which would be 9.5 degrees on the F9.

I will try to recover and hit more today. I was hoping to leave a decent comparison between F9, LTD, TS3, and Mizzy ST180 but my plans were foiled. My shoulder and knee aren't feeling so hot either. My power is definitely off at the moment. Not ideal to test right now unfortunately.

I can say that the F9 sounds the best to me by far of any of the new drivers(NOT better than LTD), for the handful that say it's Hooky....no way. You have the wrong shaft or you have toe strike issues if you think this club is hooky. Playing exactly the same shaft that Ive used for THREE YEARS in my LTD I can tell you unequivocally that I had absolutely no hooking issues. The old LTD is DEFINITELY Easier to turn left than this club.

I will post more once I can test more. So far I like it, but 80% of the swings were in the wrong loft setting. I do like the overall shape. I can live with all the mess on the crown. It's less distracting than I though it would be. If you want to play it at 8 degrees and hit low bullet fades I can tell you it does that just fine. LOL!

to funny.

Golf Galaxy just sent our 50% trade enhancement email and it included Cobra! Oh my! At my local GG, all the guys are talking about the F9, and putting it into customers hands and asking them to hit it. Pretty awesome. Good year for Cobra.

Any chance you could post a screen grab? I called my GG and they said only valid for Epic Flash.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

Golf Galaxy just sent our 50% trade enhancement email and it included Cobra! Oh my! At my local GG, all the guys are talking about the F9, and putting it into customers hands and asking them to hit it. Pretty awesome. Good year for Cobra.

Any chance you could post a screen grab? I called my GG and they said only valid for Epic Flash.

there is also a 50% tradein bonus for M5 and M6 at GG. you can only trade in the prior gen callaway towards the flash. ie Epic, Rogue etc.

Got my 18 gram weight yesterday. Head weighs in at 203 grams now. Today I went back to the range and worked a good bit on wedges and mid irons. I grabbed the F9 after a while and had forgotten I had added weight. The first 3 balls were bullets and even a bit lower than I am used to. Very easy to square up the face with the Tensei Pro now. I had forgotten I added weight but I knew something was different. Made me realize that tweaking like that definitely makes a difference.

On another note, I did spend a good bit of time with the F9 Fairway. I have the original shaft and a Kaili. I just cannot get that club to work as well for me as my Rogue/AD IZ combo. I have played 2 rounds with it and hit some decent shots. I want to give it a chance but after spending the time today on the range with it and the Callaway side by side, you can look for it on the BST this weekend. Its just not going to replace the Rogue so I might as well move on.

Got my 18 gram weight yesterday. Head weighs in at 203 grams now. Today I went back to the range and worked a good bit on wedges and mid irons. I grabbed the F9 after a while and had forgotten I had added weight. The first 3 balls were bullets and even a bit lower than I am used to. Very easy to square up the face with the Tensei Pro now. I had forgotten I added weight but I knew something was different. Made me realize that tweaking like that definitely makes a difference.

On another note, I did spend a good bit of time with the F9 Fairway. I have the original shaft and a Kaili. I just cannot get that club to work as well for me as my Rogue/AD IZ combo. I have played 2 rounds with it and hit some decent shots. I want to give it a chance but after spending the time today on the range with it and the Callaway side by side, you can look for it on the BST this weekend. Its just not going to replace the Rogue so I might as well move on.

What is your playing length with the 18g?

I spent an hour with f9 again today on trackman. 9.0 with 3 different shafts, hzrdus smoke 6.5 75, atmos tour spec 7x and nv 2kxv blue 60x. This driver for me wants to go left ball speed was great 167mph @111-112mph chs spin around 22-2500 12 launch. The nv and smoke were 45 and the atmos was stock length.

Epic flash 9.0 with graphite design vr 6x and 6.5 hrzdus smoke 75 had much better dispersion and the same ball speed and launch, but a very tinny sound to it. Great looking head. Path was much better with this set up, 2 degrees in to out.

I think with some weight in the head the cobra would be much better, my path was 4-4.5 from the inside with f9. My 2016 m2 T.I was just as good 167mph ballspeed and 2400 spin and the dispersion was much better. Shaft was a diamana wseries 60x 45 inches, head weight was 5grams heavier than f9, path was 2 degrees in to out. Going to be tough to knock this combo out of the bag.

A few more sessions with the f9 later in the week I will bring a few other shafts I have with cobra tips and some lead tape. The looks and feel of this driver are awesome.

Took some swings with this one today after hitting a bunch of irons shots and a few with my G400. First swings in months due to weather so not the best swing. Had the 9* head with stmos black in 6s. Sound is a nice somewhat muted thump. I liked the sound and feel even with range balls.

Was getting a mid launch and lower peak height compared to my G400 with hzrdus yellow but based on loft and shafts that was to be expected. Lofted up to 10 and got some added height. It was nice to see even on some midhiys not a lot of lateral movement. Going to spend more time with this and some other shafts once the winter rust is cleaned up

I am seriously considering buying this driver. Unfortunately, my Golf Galaxy uses balls that are about 5 years old that have been hit thousands (if not hundereds of thousands) of times and have zero pop to them. My swing speed is 110 (+/-) a few MPH and I was struggling to carry the ball 250 yards. Same with 7 iron. I was barely carrying it 160 yards where I usually carry my 7 iron about 175.

Then I happened to find a TM TP5 that looked like it had bounced down a runway a few times and was carrying it 270 yards rolling out to 295. Launch and spin were good, feel was awesome. Not a huge fan of the yellow so I would more than likely opt for the white but I loved the way the club felt at address.

Any comparison to the TS3? Want to try the M5 but the TS3 is the last head I want to test against the F9.

F9 arrives tomorrow, it has it's work cut out for it!

First maiden range session with my Epic Flash/Speeder Evo 5 combo and it the best I've ever hit it.

Liking your work!

Spoken like a true Ho!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

I hit the single length hybrid yesterday and was really impressed how easy it was to hit and the feel was great. 21 degree with a regular flex was all they had so was leaving them right but the flight was identical shot after shot. Going one length irons and may put a few of these in play.

I briefly played a F8 OL 4 hybrid last year and liked it for the most part. There were times it felt too short and would throw me off (probably a mental thing). I really wish somebody would produce iron length hybrids (to match steel shaft lengths).

I may be misunderstanding what you were saying, but hybrid iron sets exist, I think they're usually entry level though (not many other golfers want that design).

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

I just checked, really, $33 for 1 weight and shipping?

They won't send you a free one?

Why should they?

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Why should they?

because Callaway did.....

Actually, if they shipped it free would have purchased, but $8 to ship an item that should cost $8, and is $1 to ship.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Got my F9 yesterday delivered to work. When I got home was really comparing it looks wise to my M3. Personally I think the M3 is one of the best looking color combos/shape driver out there.

F9 and M3 Have identical Shafts. Play 44.5", tipped 1" Hzrdus Black 6.0s. I play the M3 8.5 clicked 1 low with weights in the Koepka setting

F9 Is a good looking driver. Shape is certainly different for me. I got the White I like the 2 tone top think it frames the ball well

Hopefully get some range/Sim time over next few weeks to compare but if they are close I could end up sticking with the M3

Why should they?

because Callaway did.....

Actually, if they shipped it free would have purchased, but $8 to ship an item that should cost $8, and is $1 to ship.

When Cobra charges $550 for their driver and doesn't send a free weight, then let's start complaining. Even buying a new weight, with $8 shipping, and buying a new driver it's still cheaper than most other OEMs.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

I hit the single length hybrid yesterday and was really impressed how easy it was to hit and the feel was great. 21 degree with a regular flex was all they had so was leaving them right but the flight was identical shot after shot. Going one length irons and may put a few of these in play.

I briefly played a F8 OL 4 hybrid last year and liked it for the most part. There were times it felt too short and would throw me off (probably a mental thing). I really wish somebody would produce iron length hybrids (to match steel shaft lengths).

I may be misunderstanding what you were saying, but hybrid iron sets exist, I think they're usually entry level though (not many other golfers want that design).

I was more meaning I would love to see OEM's/Cobra offer hybrids at a traditional iron length. Sort of a compromise between normal hybrids and Cobra's OL hybrids. The OL were nice, just felt slightly short in the 3/4 hybrids every so often.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

I was more meaning I would love to see OEM's/Cobra offer hybrids at a traditional iron length. Sort of a compromise between normal hybrids and Cobra's OL hybrids. The OL were nice, just felt slightly short in the 3/4 hybrids every so often.

Ok gotcha. Yea those hybrid sets are like that but they are entry level.

I ordered a sterling singlelength 5 hybrid (can be bent to other lofts if u can find a shop that will do it) and made it 4 iron length for my little bro. Works like I assume u would like it to. So basically just build your own using one length/single length hybrids (cost of that build was less then $150, so if ur proficient at eBay/basic club building it would be a fun set to build over time I bet)

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

Maiden voyage in the Sims last night. Didnt have a lot of time to hit it on the range and monitor numbers before the round, so some more playing to do there but initial numbers were good.

Initial impressions. I am seeing distance gains for sure, but struggled with the feel and swing. Was fighting a draw and couldn't seem to get it to fade at all which used to be my goto with the LTD. Hopefully a bad swing day. I know this is certainly lighter swingweight than my LTD so will look to bump that up. Had a hard time feeling the head and felt like I really need a strong transition with the Atmos Black to see good results (and the feel the head). See what I can do with lead tape for now. Wish the weights were cheaper. Hopefully ebay knockoffs come out soon.

Does anyone know if this is an item you could order through someone like DD? Or an add on through them perhaps with another club purchase?

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

A little more testing yesterday with the demo I have. Really struggling to find the center of the face, but I will blame that on the shaft/length and a poor winter swing. Impact location is predominantly low on the face, but ball speeds still seem high and even with courses that were absolutely soaked, it was still consistently a little longer than my gamer. Feel is a sizeable upgrade, and I am loving the muted sound from the F9 which I posted about previously.

For some reason I just lose the club head very quickly with the Smoke, and then get stuck on the downswing which causes me to save it with the hands - just not a fit for me. Glad I ordered mine with the EF White before they were all gone and it will arrive today. Will definitely need to do some more shaft testing to really tune this thing in.

Maiden voyage in the Sims last night. Didnt have a lot of time to hit it on the range and monitor numbers before the round, so some more playing to do there but initial numbers were good.

Initial impressions. I am seeing distance gains for sure, but struggled with the feel and swing. Was fighting a draw and couldn't seem to get it to fade at all which used to be my goto with the LTD. Hopefully a bad swing day. I know this is certainly lighter swingweight than my LTD so will look to bump that up. Had a hard time feeling the head and felt like I really need a strong transition with the Atmos Black to see good results (and the feel the head). See what I can do with lead tape for now. Wish the weights were cheaper. Hopefully ebay knockoffs come out soon.

Does anyone know if this is an item you could order through someone like DD? Or an add on through them perhaps with another club purchase?

You can order the weights through cobra. Also to give you some info. The weight front on the F9 promotes fade bias,and weight back promotes draw bias. Based on what the cobra website says.