2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

SC300 coming in January!?!?

What you guys are saying I don't understand. How can the SC200 or SC100 be accurate for anyone other than with luck? All it does is measure ball speed well really, and then estimates your launch angle and spin rate. Those two items right there dictate a ton the distance your ball travels. Then add in spin axis and you are even more off. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the product, but when people say it helps them dial in their distance, I can't help but wonder how that is possible. I could honestly do a better job standing by your side, watching the ball land and telling you how far I think it went.

To me, and this is just me of course, these devices are only good for measuring ball speed and club speed. The SC300 does a bit more, but it still can't possibly tell you your distance accurately for each shot, especially with these low spinning hollow irons. They kind of mess with the ability to extrapolate data. SC300 can't possibly be much more accurate than its predecessors given what I know about it so far. I think it is over priced for what it does and needs to be closer to 300 or 350 price wise.

I really was interested to see if they made something more comparable to the mevo but not quite it seems. Mevo can directly measure spin, launch angle and club speed. They are only missing spin axis and hla to really get ball flight close to real. SC300 is missing spin, spin axis and hla and that is assuming they really do measure vertical launch angle and don't just grab something from a table.

For me the Sc200 was pretty close to my iron distance, and my driver was about spot on, so it works for me. Plus I hit a lot in my backyard range, so I use it for that.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

What you guys are saying I don't understand. How can the SC200 or SC100 be accurate for anyone other than with luck? All it does is measure ball speed well really, and then estimates your launch angle and spin rate. Those two items right there dictate a ton the distance your ball travels. Then add in spin axis and you are even more off. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the product, but when people say it helps them dial in their distance, I can't help but wonder how that is possible. I could honestly do a better job standing by your side, watching the ball land and telling you how far I think it went.

To me, and this is just me of course, these devices are only good for measuring ball speed and club speed. The SC300 does a bit more, but it still can't possibly tell you your distance accurately for each shot, especially with these low spinning hollow irons. They kind of mess with the ability to extrapolate data. SC300 can't possibly be much more accurate than its predecessors given what I know about it so far. I think it is over priced for what it does and needs to be closer to 300 or 350 price wise.

I really was interested to see if they made something more comparable to the mevo but not quite it seems. Mevo can directly measure spin, launch angle and club speed. They are only missing spin axis and hla to really get ball flight close to real. SC300 is missing spin, spin axis and hla and that is assuming they really do measure vertical launch angle and don't just grab something from a table.

For me the Sc200 was pretty close to my iron distance, and my driver was about spot on, so it works for me. Plus I hit a lot in my backyard range, so I use it for that.

But how do you learn anything with it? If you mis hit the ball at all, its going to be pretty wrong. How can you work on shot shapes like punches, high fades, low draws, high draw, low fade? It is unable to get even close to actual distance with anything but a perfect strike, off a perfect lie, with ideal vertical launch angle given the loft input, perfect spin for that club, and not to mention it has to be a perfectly straight shot.

I guess for my purposes, its not good enough which is why I bought SC100 when it got really cheap. It got to a price point I was willing to pay, fully knowing I would only use it for ball speed and club speed.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

But how do you learn anything with it? If you mis hit the ball at all, its going to be pretty wrong. How can you work on shot shapes like punches, high fades, low draws, high draw, low fade? It is unable to get even close to actual distance with anything but a perfect strike, off a perfect lie, with ideal vertical launch angle given the loft input, perfect spin for that club, and not to mention it has to be a perfectly straight shot.

I guess for my purposes, its not good enough which is why I bought SC100 when it got really cheap. It got to a price point I was willing to pay, fully knowing I would only use it for ball speed and club speed.

All I can tell you is it does what I want/need it to do, I am happy with it. Like I said I find the distances are pretty good. It’s not the end all be all, but it’s a good practice tool for me.

Is it the same as Trackman or something similar, no. I am not going to spend that kind of money. For me, this is money well spent.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

All I can tell you is it does what I want/need it to do, I am happy with it. Like I said I find the distances are pretty good. It’s not the end all be all, but it’s a good practice tool for me.

Is it the same as Trackman or something similar, no. I am not going to spend that kind of money. For me, this is money well spent.

I got a Skytrak, excellent for the money. Accurate and consistent enough to fit yourself for clubs and ball. It has its shortcomings and things that need to be tweaked but that is definitely a product worth the money. Especially if you find a lightly used one imo.

You don't need a trackman, but again, even Skytrak has its limitations, like don't even try to use it on a bright sunny day outside.

I got a Skytrak, excellent for the money. Accurate and consistent enough to fit yourself for clubs and ball. It has its shortcomings and things that need to be tweaked but that is definitely a product worth the money. Especially if you find a lightly used one imo.

You don't need a trackman, but again, even Skytrak has its limitations, like don't even try to use it on a bright sunny day outside.

I am keeping my eye out for a good used one.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

Awesome, good luck to you, they are worth it imo. But just like anything, it pays to research it a lot if you haven't already. Happy to help with any questions about it, just pm me. I won't sugar coat anything about it, straight up truth is what I will give you.

Ok cool, thanks

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

I don't know how any of it works but my sc200, like the poster above, gave me numbers I would see on the course. When I hit my first 9 iron on it and it showed within a yard or 2 the yardage I would play that club to, I was impressed. Yes, good strikes are what's more accurate on it but I don't go trying to practice bad strikes. So it was good enough for me to work with on the range and have fun.

I ordered one and will try to test it against a GC2 that I have access to. Based on what I've been told, the technology has improved since the SC100 and 200, so I'm hoping it will be useful on the range. I was seriously considering the Mevo but I spend a lot of time at my outdoor range and I'm not going to put dots on range balls so neither device is likely going to give me the spin numbers I want. If it doesn't work for my needs I'll pack it up and send it back.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I ordered one and will try to test it against a GC2 that I have access to. Based on what I've been told, the technology has improved since the SC100 and 200, so I'm hoping it will be useful on the range. I was seriously considering the Mevo but I spend a lot of time at my outdoor range and I'm not going to put dots on range balls so neither device is likely going to give me the spin numbers I want. If it doesn't work for my needs I'll pack it up and send it back.

Awesome, interested to read your results when you post them!

Any anticipated delivery date? Eagerly looking forward to your comparison/review.

Any anticipated delivery date? Eagerly looking forward to your comparison/review.

Should be here by Tuesday

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Has anyone been successful downloading the APP? I downloaded it and when I tried creating an account, the language switched to Korean. I sent 2 emails to customer support with different questions and both were unanswered. I was looking forward to the sc300, but with the unanswered emails, the poor app and now that they took away the spin rate I can’t help but feel that it’s product was rushed to released at the trade show and problems will exist. Disappointed.

Has anyone been successful downloading the APP? I downloaded it and when I tried creating an account, the language switched to Korean. I sent 2 emails to customer support with different questions and both were unanswered. I was looking forward to the sc300, but with the unanswered emails, the poor app and now that they took away the spin rate I can’t help but feel that it’s product was rushed to released at the trade show and problems will exist. Disappointed.

Says on the SC300 product page the app will be available in June 2019.

https://voicecaddie.com/products/practice/sc300-swing-caddie/

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I take the wording to mean Android coming then.

The app is available. I downloaded it on my iPad. Looked good until I tried creating an account. Wording switched to Korean. I am surprised that Apple allowed an app like that in the store.

I talked to customer service about this, they are working on it with their US site, should be soon they said. I was able to set up my account on the Korean site, it follows the same process as in English.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

Android in June.

Is there anything in the new one that leads one to think it will be any more accurate than sc200? I don’t see a whole lot of added functionality that would make me favor it over the older version. They should have a page on their website that compares the two. (Apparently, they are selling both versions — the 300 doesn’t replace the 200, it is a bigger and better model.)

Is there anything in the new one that leads one to think it will be any more accurate than sc200? I don’t see a whole lot of added functionality that would make me favor it over the older version. They should have a page on their website that compares the two. (Apparently, they are selling both versions — the 300 doesn’t replace the 200, it is a bigger and better model.)

Launch angle, apex, app integration for multiple swing comparisons.

I got mine on Monday, I took it out for a few swings, I did not have much time.

Easy to set up with the app. It keeps a record of your shot data in the app. I will say it’s pretty accurate so far, hit a few iron shots and got the distance I expected.

Going to use it more this weekend for a longer session.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X